What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IDIC Tribble Now Available! [Update: 9/27/13 @ 2:20PM]

Comments

• Options
    kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone know why the IDIC buff seems to disappear from my character and team whenever I attack something, then it seems to come back after battle. Which seems to make it useless.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If it's still got that annoying TOS transporter sound i'm not going to buy it for sure.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The IDIC Tribble in C-Store, Account-bound Lobi, a return of the Crystalline Catastrophe Event...

What's behind all this sudden generousity?

Getting ready to make their data mining/spyware/malware/bloatware disaster known as ARC mandatory. THAT is what the catch is, at least in my opinion. They know from the ARC threads that the vast majority of players do not want it to be mandatory. So the strategy is to butter up the player base with goodies and hope the backlash will be minimal. Classic business ploy. Like I said in a different thread, no-one, not an individual or company, EVER does anything for anyone without an ulterior motive or a catch. I would love to be proven wrong on this, I really, really, honestly would, but I have a feeling I won't be.

And seriously, a tribble? Of all the things you could have done, we get another stupid, useless tribble. Yes, I know what everyone is going to say..."well just don't get it then". I don't plan to, doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    I'll ask for clarification. The text in today's post is the same text that was in the original Dev Blog that announced it back in 3/2012, and the Tribble has not changed since then.

I've received clarification. All Damage Resistance listed on in-game tooltips was changed (sometime after the Tribble originally went live) from "+X% Damage Resistance" to "+X Damage Resistance Rating" in order to account for diminishing returns on this stat. I've updated the blog. The team will also update the in-game item's description, which will be a text change only.

Thanks again for bringing it up!
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Not sure, I have been able to get it on other characters that never existed when that event was live.

Not possible, unfortunately :) In order to have claimed this Tribble in the past, your character needed an accolade. That accolade was only given during the EU welcome back weekend. If your character was not made then, or didn't log in then, they would not have received the accolade and thus would not have been able to claim the IDIC Tribble. Details about that past event are here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=565431

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Just checked, yeah you are right, 300z per char.

That will be a pass then...

Yeah, right.

More like 3m EC per toon. Cheap as chips!

*flings tribbles at people*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not possible, unfortunately :) In order to have claimed this Tribble in the past, your character needed an accolade. That accolade was only given during the EU welcome back weekend. If your character was not made then, or didn't log in then, they would not have received the accolade and thus would not have been able to claim the IDIC Tribble. Details about that past event are here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=565431

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Maybe it was a character I didn't realise I already had the accolade on then. :)
    topset wrote: »
    Yeah, right.

More like 3m EC per toon. Cheap as chips!

*flings tribbles at people*

Heh, maybe cheap after a month or so from the price gouging that goes on every time a new item is released ;)

Will pick one up for peanuts then :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How nice, 300 CP for a Tribble.

Yeah, you can keep it.
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At 10AM when it starts, as mentioned in the patch notes last night :)

It works like all Tribbles in the C-Store. They are single unlocks.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

before free2play they were account unlocked. if I remember correctly that is. :)
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    .....So is it back for good, or is this a limited time thing...?
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Who would pay zen for this when there is a clearly superior gambling device available for trade for lobi or ec?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    .....So is it back for good, or is this a limited time thing...?

Back for good, available for purchase in the C-Store.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic,

Not a huge fan of tribbles, but to each their own.:) If I was going to buy a tribble, it would have to do something awesome, like give fleet marks. Or maybe a Romulan pet of some sort, that acts similar to a tribble...I'd buy that.:D
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you!

Any chance we could get the dilithium tribble on the C-store?
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    before free2play they were account unlocked. if I remember correctly that is. :)

They weren't. They were tied to a character-specific accolade, which you could only get on EU launch weekend, which happened after f2p went live.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    skonn wrote: »
    Thank you!

Any chance we could get the dilithium tribble on the C-store?

The Radan Tribble with its +5 dil per hour ability? I could get behind that.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    toriankel1toriankel1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is total BS The IDIC tribble should be obtainable that same way as it was before. You folks boned those of us that bought the complete LOR packs with your new ships, and now you do the same with the IDIC.
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    toriankel1 wrote: »
    This is total BS The IDIC tribble should be obtainable that same way as it was before. You folks boned those of us that bought the complete LOR packs with your new ships, and now you do the same with the IDIC.

Why should getting a pack of ships from release mean you get brand new ships that were not available when the pack was sold?

When I bought the Complete Quake Collection it had Quake 1, 2 and 3 (and their expansions). When Quake 4 was released, I didn't get that for free just because I bought the Quake Collection.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, it didn't say if it did the "Removes all tribble buffs" thing. Can this be used with the Gambling Device, or is it one or the other? If I can't use both, I think I'll stick with that rather than betting that I'll be on a team with members of the other 2 careers that also chose to spend 300 Zen per character.

Hmmm... if one of my teammates uses one of these things, is it going to purge the Gambling Device buff from me? This could be a really irritating item...

Oh, and for belated feedback on the tribble itself: what's with the Engineer damage resistance magnitude bonus? I suppose the damage resistance magnitude on all tribbles tends to be comparably weak, but given the manner in which that affects actual damage resistance percentages, that gives us pretty much no incentive to buy it with an Engineer. Shield regeneration comparable to the health regeneration that a Science captain receives might at least improve the odds of getting full IDIC teams.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am disappointed the IDIC is not offered as a Free Reward anymore.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Ummm... Nice to get this IDIC tribble in the store, but why not account unlock?

The EVA suits are per character, and we did not like that, so why do it again with this tribble?

Good question since the other tribbles, Tribble of Borg etc were all account wide unlocks and reclaimable if you deleted or created a new alt. Seems glaringly out of place...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Good question since the other tribbles, Tribble of Borg etc were all account wide unlocks and reclaimable if you deleted or created a new alt. Seems glaringly out of place...

All current Tribbles on the C-Store are character unlocks, not account unlocks.

Unless you're thinking of the 'you tested a season during beta' unlock.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kianazero wrote: »
    All current Tribbles on the C-Store are character unlocks, not account unlocks.

Unless you're thinking of the 'you tested a season during beta' unlock.

Nope not talking bout those, You dont get a Tribble of Borg from testing. I bought all these way back and they are all still account unlocks and reclaimable. The old ways were the best ways...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nope not talking bout those, You dont get a Tribble of Borg from testing. I bought all these way back and they are all still account unlocks and reclaimable. The old ways were the best ways...

yea they are legacy unlocks
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, $3 is WAY too much for a tribble. No tribble is worth that, even if they were a real animal.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Odd. The Wiki mentioned it was.

"This is a Tribble Server reward. Players who participated in the Tribble Weekend from March 19?21, 2010 can claim their free Tribble of Borg (as well as a Crash Test Tribble player title) by unlocking it in the C-Store."

Beyond that, ALL the tribbles available on the C-Store are character unlocks. Looking at the store with my newest KDF (who has no tribbles apart from an uncommon one).

Fluidic Space Tribble "Note: Purchase of this option is a single item unlock. If you discard, sell, trade, or auction a Fluidic Space Tribble you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store."

Golden Tribble: ""Note: Purchase of this option is a single item unlock. If you discard, sell, trade, or auction a Rivera Tribble you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store."

Tribble of Borg says the same. So does all the other pets, like Pet Targ, Gekli, Toron Shuttle, Runabout; they're all single item purchases.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That figures. Tribble of borg in c-store still not fixed.

Back in November 2012 I bought a single tribble of borg from the c-store and it was permanently removed from the store. Even for multiple characters created after I bought it, the tribble does NOT show up in the c-store anymore for purchase. I reported this bug way back then.

Is this the case with the IDIC tribble too? If I purchase 1 will it be removed from the c-store so I can't ever buy another again?

Looking up real old threads about it, this happened when the game went free to play because the tribble of borg use to be an account unlock once purchased but made into a single character item afterwards. And from what I gather the fluidic space tribble and golden tribble have the same problem where you can only buy 1 from the c-store.

Perhaps the tribbles in the c-store should have their text info updated to indicate they are 1 per account! :mad:

I've been wanting to buy more tribbles of borg from the c-store and until that gets fixed I won't be buying the IDIC tribble (as much as I've been wanting one, I'm not taking the chance).

Edit: It was a thread I posted in, not one I created about the ToB.

Well here it is, I had included screenshots back then about it http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7105161#post7105161

And here is a most recent example (9/22/2013) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=860471
  • Options
    richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, does this mean that other 'limited' or 'special' items, like the Red Matter Capacitor, will also become available on the C-store?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So, does this mean that other 'limited' or 'special' items, like the Red Matter Capacitor, will also become available on the C-store?

We can hope. I'd LOVE to have the chance to buy a Scaling version of TR-116A Sniper Rifle.
  • Options
    haddenham1haddenham1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I whole heatedly wished Cryptic would end the one off purchases for collectors who love tribble. This is one of the only tribbles I have missed to unlock, most of all others I have and what I love most about them is that they are available for ALL of my characters at any given time. No, I cant sell the tribble on the exchange, or give to a buddy, but they will always be there. However these tribbles among other things are in requisitions boxes I am able to do so. For example, I have the Engineering Borg Bridge Officer from Amazon (? I guess?) and I can claim here at any given time no every past present and future characters, however if I wanted to claim the KDF's Klingon engineering borg bo, Its a one off, for the one character, no others may be claimed for the same damned price. There is a happy medium Cryptic, why cant you put up the Account Based, Non-Trade Item for Tribs or other things for a regular price, and thus place the one off, requisition, giveable, trade-able, item for a higher price. Most people will buy the account for them selves, and still be able to make some profitssss on your req boxes, which translate to profitssss for you! Like in America, why have one while you can have two for thrice the price? ^_*
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What's behind all this sudden generousity?
    Tactical: 2.5% Damage Increase
    Engineer: +2.5 Damage Resistance Rating
    Science: +0.02 Health Regen
    rofl...

10/char
This discussion has been closed.