test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IDIC Tribble Now Available! [Update: 9/27/13 @ 2:20PM]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Update: 9/27/13 @ 2:20PM: Hi Captains, We've temporarily taken the Tribble out of the C-Store while we work to resolve a bug with it. This is only temporarily and we'll make another post once it's available again. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

The extremely sought-after IDIC Tribble is now available in the C-Store! Read more to learn about it and its unique ground buffs.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The extremely sought-after IDIC Tribble is now available in the C-Store! Read more to learn about it and its unique ground buffs.

Click here to read more.

In the description you have the Damage Resistance buff listed two and a half percent, but as somebody who has the IDIC tribble on several Engineers from when you gave it away for free in-game it lists the buff as two and a half points added to damage resistance - a completely different thing due to how damage resistance is calculated.

Can you tell me if the post is a typo or if the tribble in game is not giving a proper description of the buff?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The IDIC Tribble in C-Store, Account-bound Lobi, a return of the Crystalline Catastrophe Event...

What's behind all this sudden generousity?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kthxbye

/Tribbles
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    In the description you have the Damage Resistance buff listed two and a half percent, but as somebody who has the IDIC tribble on several Engineers from when you gave it away for free in-game it lists the buff as two and a half points added to damage resistance - a completely different thing due to how damage resistance is calculated.

Can you tell me if the post is a typo or if the tribble in game is not giving a proper description of the buff?

I'll ask for clarification. The text in today's post is the same text that was in the original Dev Blog that announced it back in 3/2012, and the Tribble has not changed since then.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2013
    The IDIC Tribble in C-Store, Account-bound Lobi, a return of the Crystalline Catastrophe Event...

What's behind all this sudden generousity?

Maybe that new neat thing they delayed the FE release for broke something integral and corrupted the files so we're not actually getting it before Season 8 because they have to rebuild it from scratch?:eek:

Nah, probably not. Most likely it was just that the stars were right for once :P
  • revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll ask for clarification. The text in today's post is the same text that was in the original Dev Blog that announced it back in 3/2012, and the Tribble has not changed since then.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

when are we getting info bout the cyrstle event ? and when will we get more info about the carrier?
    edited September 2013
    revyremi wrote: »
    when are we getting info bout the cyrstle event ? and when will we get more info about the carrier?

Carrier's info probably is not going to be showing up until the week before the FE goes live...if it doesn't just show up the week of.

Also, thanks for the response Brandon.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited September 2013
    also It says "single unlock" - but am I right to assume that it is still available to be unlock for ALL toons?
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ummm... Nice to get this IDIC tribble in the store, but why not account unlock?

The EVA suits are per character, and we did not like that, so why do it again with this tribble?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    otowi wrote: »

The EVA suits are per character, and we did not like that, so why do it again with this tribble?

All the other tribbles are character unlocks as well.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    when are we getting info bout the cyrstle event ?

At 10AM when it starts, as mentioned in the patch notes last night :)

It works like all Tribbles in the C-Store. They are single unlocks.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If we already have this tribble on one or more of our characters, will it be unlocked in the store? We got it for free, but I've created more characters since then (I think everyone's created at least one Romulan), and I really want that tribble on all my Captains. It's extremely useful when a full team of all careers has them.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand, how is this different than grabbing one from the IDIC tribble piles on ESD/Qo'nos? or have you removed them now?
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So glad I got it for free when it was for free.

Well, for one of my chars at least.

This tribble, unlike most other, is awesome.

I guess I'm gonna save up EC to get some of the exchange.
    edited September 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    If we already have this tribble on one or more of our characters, will it be unlocked in the store? We got it for free, but I've created more characters since then (I think everyone's created at least one Romulan), and I really want that tribble on all my Captains. It's extremely useful when a full team of all careers has them.

Funny thing - as originally implemented the Tribbles weren't bound. You couldn't sell them on the exchange, but you could trade them or stuff them in the mail. Thing was they were counted as unique so you could only have one per character at a time. Don't know when they switched to make them bound.

But no, I suspect those of us that already have them on some characters will have to pay to get them on any characters we've created since then - the accolade that gave us access was per character and not per account after all.
  • revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't understand, how is this different than grabbing one from the IDIC tribble piles on ESD/Qo'nos? or have you removed them now?

those can only be picked up if that charater had logged in during the euro event. but most of us have new toons and can now buy it for cpoints
    edited September 2013
    I still don't understand? Does this mean I have to spend 300 Zen for each one of my toons?
    edited September 2013
    I might have missed it, but how much Zen will you guys fleece of us for this tribble?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    those can only be picked up if that charater had logged in during the euro event. but most of us have new toons and can now buy it for cpoints

Not sure, I have been able to get it on other characters that never existed when that event was live.

I understood it as an account unlock when activated on one toon
    I still don't understand? Does this mean I have to spend 300 Zen for each one of my toons?

Hope not, needs clarification...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Not sure, I have been able to get it on other characters that never existed when that event was live.

I understood it as an account unlock when activated on one toon

Hope not, needs clarification...

From what the cereal box said, it is single unlock per char, so yes, you need to pay per character sadly...
    edited September 2013
    From what the cereal box said, it is single unlock per char, so yes, you need to pay per character sadly...

With 28 toons - 12 actively used - I will say pass then - none are really used for ground anymore.

If it was 300 for all toons then for sure I would get it now - but per toon - no thanks.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Just checked, yeah you are right, 300z per char.

That will be a pass then...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    . . . It's extremely useful when a full team of all careers has them.

That is why they are for sale . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm, might have to get one and try it. *eww*
    signwidrona.png
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is there a way to claim the free one as a romulan, or are they just S.O.L. because they missed out the first time? Speaking of SOL, i'm there as my romulan, but the vendor isn't talking.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cannot Claim the Tribble on my romulan character I even went to Quonos where I first got one and nothing it keeps wanting me to buy it for Zen
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While its nice that these were put in the store, it would have been nicer if you had replayed the even first so Romulans would have a shot as a free one.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Excellent. I remember Dan Stahl saying that getting the IDIC tribble out again was on the agenda. Good to see you guys have delivered.:)
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok sorry just realised it was for Sale so disregard my previous message
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.