test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EU Login problems

Comments

• newplayercoopernewplayercooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well i live in UK as well and i am give up for the night i log on get on sever able to log on toon then i star moving it log me out so i just leave it and if it fix its selft by Thursday
  • avrioavrio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mostly Europe seems to be affected so i do tend to think it's not the game servers because other parts can connect fine, neither is it us individuals because many people got affected at this time.

The problem is in between, which would mean that cryptic/perfectworld won't be able to do much to resolve it themselves.

On MMO games like this unfortunately this happens, and all we can do is wait really.
  • clanofcooperclanofcooper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i live in USA and i having trouble log in and when i do log in and get on my toon i move 1 step it log me out
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not able to get in game. Takes 10 minutes to get the launcher to work, 5 minutes to get my characters to load and then after another 10 minutes it dies.

No need for a traceroute, its the wonderful people at cogent again, most probably.... :rolleyes:

edit: I am in the UK.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tried again still disconnecting has cryptic made any response to the problem yet??
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 501 Media Corps
    edited September 2013
    I've been having problems since yesterday. It became extremely laggy and everything was rubberbanding. I exited out of the game and haven't been able to get back in since! The latest thing that is happening now is the little box in the top left says that the launcher is updating and it keeps on resetting and starting over and over again.
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Hi Captains,

Based on your locations, this does look to be a localized issue to your region. Things look healthy on our end. If you continue to experience this issue, I would recommend reaching out to your ISP after you've run these tests: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2013
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\TOWER>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
    2 41 ms 39 ms 55 ms b-ras3.mvw.galway.eircom.net [159.134.155.12]
    3 39 ms 39 ms 38 ms tenge-4-2-2.pe1.mvw.mvw-sla.eircom.net [86.43.24
    7.201]
    4 44 ms 42 ms 42 ms tenge-6-2-1.core1.dbn.core.eircom.net [86.43.253
    .33]
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * 54 ms tenge-1-2-1.pe1.the.the-thn.eircom.net [86.43.25
    3.126]
    7 54 ms 53 ms 53 ms ge7-1-0.corea.the.london.eircom.net [86.43.244.1
    90]
    8 115 ms 68 ms 65 ms er1.ams1.nl.above.net [195.69.144.122]
    9 62 ms 66 ms 64 ms xe-0-1-0.er1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.25.174]
    10 137 ms 158 ms 134 ms xe-0-2-1.cr1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.22.61]
    11 211 ms 212 ms 203 ms so-2-1-0.mpr2.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.31.182]

12 212 ms 210 ms 211 ms xe-0-0-0.cr1.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.29.41]
    13 * 361 ms 320 ms xe-0-1-0.mpr3.bos2.us.above.net [64.125.24.109]

14 205 ms 213 ms 211 ms 208.184.110.70.IPYX-072053-002-ZYO.above.net [20
    8.184.110.70]
    15 201 ms 203 ms 212 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    16 228 ms * 420 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    17 * 228 ms 233 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same issues and I live in Florida but the problem doesn't seem to be Cryptic. My trace rout on the way to Boston looks like a bunch of people running through a mine field with all the lost packets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avrioavrio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone know anyone who can play the game just fine? This would indicate that it's not the gameserver but the route in between.
    edited September 2013
    avrio wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone who can play the game just fine? This would indicate that it's not the gameserver but the route in between.

Yeah, i'm talking to some of my guys on our voice server who are in game atm. Some are in the US and some in England. Probably should note that at least one of our US members was having problems with the voice server which is based in England but it's still hard to find out where exactly the problem is.

I've seen people post in this thread who are in England and can't get in game and some in the US.
    edited September 2013
    avrio wrote: »

I think all these people showing their trace routes with lots of problems before Boston pretty well prove its not Cryptic especially when everyone's ping rates in Boston are similar to the Cryptic server. Also when my trace route clears up I don't have any problems logging on or staying connected but every time I do have these problems I can run a trace route and see problems on the way to the server. Its really quite frustrating cause I don't even have anyone I can call to chew out over this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ran trace route nothing.. looks normal.... so logged in and actully got in but server not responding happens and BOOM im out for the count not at my end of things so if its not me then who???
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    its 553pm est for me and I am in game. as I was logging in I did receive laucher update tried 1 failed and then it logged in. maybe total of 3 min for all loading but it takes that long normally since the launch of LOR.
    edited September 2013
    Hi Captains,

Based on your locations, this does look to be a localized issue to your region. Things look healthy on our end. If you continue to experience this issue, I would recommend reaching out to your ISP after you've run these tests: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

With respect, Brandon. It is not an ISP issue when so many from different countries, who have different ISP's, are having the same problem.

It is in fact Cogent, the guys in between you (America) and us (Europe). Not the first time you guys have had issues with them getting a solid reliable connection between us.

Any chance of looking into a different provider? :(

Edit:

Also just to add to my theory. Whilst I was attempting multiple times to connect to STO, and getting failed attempts, I was happily blasting faces off in Guild Wars 2.
    Now unless I am mistaken, they too must have a company between myself and their servers.

But of course, it is alway's our ISP's lol
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    Finally downloaded the 19 or 20 Mb patch for the laucher after about 30 mins. Now after i select my character i get login2_timeout or something to that effect.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    winters83 wrote: »
    M...

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
    2 41 ms 39 ms 55 ms b-ras3.mvw.galway.eircom.net [159.134.155.12]
    3 39 ms 39 ms 38 ms tenge-4-2-2.pe1.mvw.mvw-sla.eircom.net [86.43.24
    7.201]
    4 44 ms 42 ms 42 ms tenge-6-2-1.core1.dbn.core.eircom.net [86.43.253
    .33]
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * 54 ms tenge-1-2-1.pe1.the.the-thn.eircom.net [86.43.25
    3.126]
    7 54 ms 53 ms 53 ms ge7-1-0.corea.the.london.eircom.net [86.43.244.1
    90]
    8 115 ms 68 ms 65 ms er1.ams1.nl.above.net [195.69.144.122]
    9 62 ms 66 ms 64 ms xe-0-1-0.er1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.25.174]
    10 137 ms 158 ms 134 ms xe-0-2-1.cr1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.22.61]
    11 211 ms 212 ms 203 ms so-2-1-0.mpr2.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.31.182]

12 212 ms 210 ms 211 ms xe-0-0-0.cr1.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.29.41]
    13 * 361 ms 320 ms xe-0-1-0.mpr3.bos2.us.above.net [64.125.24.109]

14 205 ms 213 ms 211 ms 208.184.110.70.IPYX-072053-002-ZYO.above.net [20
    8.184.110.70]
    15 201 ms 203 ms 212 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    16 228 ms * 420 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    17 * 228 ms 233 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

This looks like congestion issues with above.net Trans-Atlantic cable link. This is strictly a ISP/Backbone issue, that can only be fixed by the ISP/Backbone. Only thing you can really do is to try to get your ISP to complain...

And if a major Trans-Atlantic cable provider is suffering issues, then multiple ISPs that use that backbone are going to have connection issues, so its easy to see why multiple ISPs are being effected...
    edited September 2013
    This looks like congestion issues with above.net Trans-Atlantic cable link. This is strictly a ISP/Backbone issue, that can only be fixed by the ISP/Backbone. Only thing you can really do is to try to get your ISP to complain...

And if a major Trans-Atlantic cable provider is suffering issues, then multiple ISPs that use that backbone are going to have connection issues, so its easy to see why multiple ISPs are being effected...

Must only be affecting STO then, as I was playing on GW2 throughout the connection issues...

I was doing regular tracert's while playing GW2, from here in the UK, and they were all pointing at Cogent.

I hate networking lol
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Must only be affecting STO then, as I was playing on GW2 throughout the connection issues...

I was doing regular tracert's while playing GW2, from here in the UK, and they were all pointing at Cogent.

I hate networking lol

How far is the path similar to the Guild Wars 2 server that you picked and the Cryptic server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    kalani2 wrote: »
    How far is the path similar to the Guild Wars 2 server that you picked and the Cryptic server?

Not sure on the traceroute to the GW2 servers, but I play on the US server. I would assume it would follow a similar route, with at least going through the problem area, Cogent. :confused:

Will see if I can find the info to get a tracert, and run them side by side. :)

The problem has been fixed at Cogents end though, as I can get back into STO and the tracert is clear.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    Not sure on the traceroute to the GW2 servers, but I play on the US server. I would assume it would follow a similar route, with at least going through the problem area, Cogent. :confused:

The problem has been fixed at Cogents end though, as I can get back into STO and the tracert is clear.

I'm back in now too but i have the same issues as yesterday, lag and rubberbanding.
    edited September 2013

All this network traffic stuff started getting a lot more interesting when I started looking up where geographically my problems are. I started using a program called PingPlotter because it was easier than running a trace route to to see those issues like dropped packets and inconsistent ping rates on multiple calls. From there I was able to look up the IP addresses of the problem areas and pinpoint the cities that cause problems for people that have my ISP. For me it happens to be Atlanta Georgia during peak times. That kind of sucks considering that there really isn't a path to get to Cryptic's servers from Florida that doesn't go through that city. This might be a useful method for you to look deeper if your interested in doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Does anybody know of any other games that have there servers in Boston? It would be really interesting to compare performance in any such game to that of STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Found the info. Both the Cryptic and GW2 servers are in the US, yet STO goes via Cogent and GW2 goes through a different company in Germany.

It would seem ArenaNet are smart enough to not touch Cogent with a 10ft barge pole, hence why I was able to play with zero problems, and STO was wallowing in Cogent fail...

I have been experiencing rubber banding and random disconnection's for months, every now and then.

Earlier this year Cryptic had big problems with Cogent, and most countries outside the US were not able to connect for a few days or more.

It would seem the problems are resurfacing :(
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    Does anybody know of any other games that have there servers in Boston? It would be really interesting to compare performance in any such game to that of STO.

The GW2 server is in Texas :)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2013
    The GW2 server is in Texas :)

I saw thats where my GW2 server is as well. I don't know if all there US servers are though but I'm really interested in seeing if any other game has its server in Boston besides STO to compare the two games network performance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I saw thats where my GW2 server is as well. I don't know if all there US servers are though but I'm really interested in seeing if any other game has its server in Boston besides STO to compare the two games network performance.

That I am not sure on.

Yeah it would be interesting to know who, if any; what other game companies use the same datacenter or any other server in Boston.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    now for me hapened just one "nice" think - i joied que elite and when battle started to load ques what ? login failed and i was kicked to log in screen. I told myslef ok, will join anotehr one, new one - and ques what ? i got stf leaver penalty, unable to join que for 1h - punishmnt for something is not my fault lol.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a twist on this issue...
    Launcher just sits there with the word "patching" and nothing happening for 20 minutes or more when trying to patch HOLODECK.
    Switched to TRIBBLE and TRIBBLE it is patching fine.
    Switched to REDSHIRT and REDSHIRT patches fine.

Switch back to HOLODECK and it hangs at patching with no progress whatsoever.

Now, if the problem existed at my end, surely it wouldn't let me patch anything? If the problem was along the route from my end to Cryptic's servers, why would it let me patch BOTH test servers but not the LIVE server?

Just curious is all. I'll probably play a bit on Tribble and try again later.

UK based as well.

*update*

Patching started on HOLODECK but gave the Error 36 message. Closed launcher and opened Task Manager and closed any Cryptic processes still running. Opened STO file folder and looked for a the DELETEME. Deleted it, relaunched and I'm in.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and another, even "funnier" probl?m - iqut sto so i wil play otehr game and after soem time moved back...only to see i forever stuck on login in - typed pasword and it cant let me login in. :(.
This discussion has been closed.