test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - September 20, 2013

Comments

• milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's coincidence in part, but this set of changes might just stop me playing my Fleet Olympic. But I'm not the target customer, since I don't buy other ships (except for their consoles).

I'm a torp ship. The elimination of doubling-up means 5-second waits - but none of my battles are shorter than that anyway (PvE), I have Science-grade DPS. From everything I've read I think this is an excellent change, aimed at PvP. Minor effect on me, but on its own not a problem.

I use Grav Pulse Generator. It adds suck to gravity wells. Duration will be shorter, but if I can't get my warp plasma in place in the shorter time, then it's me that sucks, not STO. Kudos on another good PvP fix. A minor negative effect on my combats.

Making EPtE work differently for NPCs turns my crowd control from 'something special against spheres' into something utterly irrelevant. It's staggering that whining got this change to happen. How troublesome were these spheres/critters? Tacs already fly fast, what was so hard about hunting them? Does EVERYTHING have to die in mere seconds for those Tacs? Speed is not a challenge that puts newbies at risk. If someone can point me to a thread that explains why on earth this was necessary I'd appreciate it. I cannot think of a single reason except to pander to the DPS mechanic and to make crowd control pointless.

My strategy is built around Gravity Well 3. Sure, I've been too clueless to know it was never much better than GW1, but going forward it'll be weaker? This part sends me backwards. What is "backwards"? The baseline is defined by Tac ships. Which will be able to use their improved Gravity Well to further boost their already impressive damage. So I'm behind, and then even further behind. This is based on everything I've read about the testing so far.

I do expect my fleet, and anyone else who has a choice, to prefer to play with someone else in ESTFs. It's logical. Rather than play as a joke and a liability I fear Season 7 might be my last season. I'll still give the changes a go, and I could be very wrong, but just in case I won't spend any more money until I see what the changes mean for me. Please get the Gravity Well changes right (or make no changes).
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No. A second, instant lockout period has been instituted. This was done in an attempt to alleviate the "double-tap" scenarios that have been discussed at-length in our PvP forums.

PVP is the ruination of this game. How about a total separation of PVP from the game so that it has its own set of pvp powers and they can be manipulated at will WITHOUT EVER affecting PVE?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • kd2140kd2140 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    milandare wrote: »
    It's coincidence in part, but this set of changes might just stop me playing my Fleet Olympic. But I'm not the target customer, since I don't buy other ships (except for their consoles).

I'm a torp ship. The elimination of doubling-up means 5-second waits - but none of my battles are shorter than that anyway (PvE), I have Science-grade DPS. From everything I've read I think this is an excellent change, aimed at PvP. Minor effect on me, but on its own not a problem.

I use Grav Pulse Generator. It adds suck to gravity wells. Duration will be shorter, but if I can't get my warp plasma in place in the shorter time, then it's me that sucks, not STO. Kudos on another good PvP fix. A minor negative effect on my combats.

Making EPtE work differently for NPCs turns my crowd control from 'something special against spheres' into something utterly irrelevant. It's staggering that whining got this change to happen. How troublesome were these spheres/critters? Tacs already fly fast, what was so hard about hunting them? Does EVERYTHING have to die in mere seconds for those Tacs? Speed is not a challenge that puts newbies at risk. If someone can point me to a thread that explains why on earth this was necessary I'd appreciate it. I cannot think of a single reason except to pander to the DPS mechanic and to make crowd control pointless.

My strategy is built around Gravity Well 3. Sure, I've been too clueless to know it was never much better than GW1, but going forward it'll be weaker? This part sends me backwards. What is "backwards"? The baseline is defined by Tac ships. Which will be able to use their improved Gravity Well to further boost their already impressive damage. So I'm behind, and then even further behind. This is based on everything I've read about the testing so far.

I do expect my fleet, and anyone else who has a choice, to prefer to play with someone else in ESTFs. It's logical. Rather than play as a joke and a liability I fear Season 7 might be my last season. I'll still give the changes a go, and I could be very wrong, but just in case I won't spend any more money until I see what the changes mean for me. Please get the Gravity Well changes right (or make no changes).

Hi. I actually remember your post and concerns from the first thread around and didn't reply then, but I will now upon seeing them again.
    It's been said, but boosting base damage and reducing the impact of particle generators skill improves GW1 (the Tac-ship useable version) on both counts. The Tac pilot presumably boosts it further with cross-the-board boosts like APA.

I rather liked GW being an unusual, high-end Sci ability. I'd managed to make it worthwhile with heaps of Particle Generator consoles (4+ on a Sci ship). Now GW will be everywhere (for sure at first as everyone tests it, but potentially forever as a 'remote mine') and my GW3 might not be any better than GW1 by a Tac pilot in a Tac ship. I'll just do less damage overall due to the weapons difference.

Hopefully testers will take the whole picture into account to ensure GW3 is relevant. I'm afraid I don't have disk space to install Tribble.

You're worried about the effect of your focused Particle Gens being halved from apparently .5 to .25, as this post above yours stated:
    If it means anything to you then: They are being reduced from .5 to .25

But, as I understood it, and as some other posts also concurred, the current field-tested modifier for Particle Generators on Gravity Well is already .25. If that's true, and I'm not quite sure what's going on with that, you'll see no difference in how much Particle Gen contributes to your Gravity Well.
    Base Value = 224.35
    Rank Modifier = 112.15
    Skill Mod = .25 (I was incorrect earlier it is already a .25 skill mod)
    AUX Mod = +1% per 1 over 50 assuming it goes the other way below 50

So formula

(Base Value + (Rank Mod * Rank)) * (1+(Particle Gen Skill pts * .0025)) * AUX Mod

Hope its right!

You can see this for yourself in this field-tested chart (live Aug 13), under the effect of Particle Generators on Grav Well 2 and 3, Kinetic damage: to the farthest right is listed for them 24% (rounded).
    http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20Point%20Effects.htm

Particle Generators aside, the posts of testing these Tribble changes so far are showing an increase (although somewhat marginal) in damage for 130-Aux GW3 under the new numbers compared to current live GW3 (its actual performance), which is not taking into consideration Aux at all.

All in all, you should be only seeing improvement in your circumstances.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I created a demorecord and this is what I got:

This my Alien charactr is on HOLODECK:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img401/3928/xyvs.jpg

This is on TRIBBLE:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img849/422/l68f.jpg

Please cryptic, fix this before it gets to Holodeck (when ever that is). I hope we dont get another "TNG pants" issue.. even so this is muuuuch worst.

The SAME thing happened with my Joined Trill character.

Any other female avatars that got beaten with the ugly stick or just cerritourugs?
  • jorrynjorryn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any other female avatars that got beaten with the ugly stick or just cerritourugs?

My toons also had significant changes to their proportions (most notably head, shoulders, and hips) as it appears several of the sliders value ranges changed. I had to go into the tailor and change 3/4 of the body sliders to correct the issues.

While this change has allowed for greater body sizing variety, the fix to the female legs was barely noticeable. This issue has existed since the launch of STO (though it existed in Champions Online as well) and now that its being addressed, I'd like to see it fixed properly.

As it stands now, female legs (as seen when wearing skirts) look as though they are formed using 4 "boards" for the front of the leg, and 2 for the back, albeit the back looks a little more rounded. This produces a very angular appearance with several "flattened" surfaces, most notably, the inner thigh.

The change on Tribble seems to have only been to the inner thigh in which the single "board" was broken into two smaller ones and angled slightly to reduce the flattened appearance. Sadly, it still looks flat and just adds to the number of visible "seams" where the boards come together.

Oddly enough, no other aspect of the character seems to have this quality. Everything else (arms, shoulders, hips, etc) appear more rounded and smooth. Personally, I would like to see this apply to the legs as well. Just my two cents.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I agree that my tractor beams and Gravity Well have been extra useful with 30 second EPtS but the Spheres getting hung up in the Gateways is annoying.
    My strategy is built around Gravity Well 3. Sure, I've been too clueless to know it was never much better than GW1, but going forward it'll be weaker? The baseline is defined by Tac ships. Which will be able to use their improved Gravity Well to further boost their already impressive damage. So I'm behind, and then even further behind. This is based on everything I've read about the testing so far.

We have been saying this for years. The affects of Aux Power and Particle Gens now gets reduced (affecting mostly the Science Captain's ability to enhance Gravity Well) Meanwhile Tactical Captains can still Alpha Strike it to 4X damage. Why? Reduce the affectiveness of Tac buffs on Grav Well also. (here is where the Tacs whine that they should do more damage with Science Powers) Or better yet, INCREASE the affect of Aux Power, please, for the love of Science.

After all, what Commander level Tactical BO ability is enhanced more by Science Captains than Tac Captains? If APO or CRF 3 did more for a Science Captain with full Aux power and Science Captain abilities than a Tac with full Weapon power and Tac Captain abilities then maybe Tacs could understand.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still no fixes to the hoard of tailor issues, resetting department heads, HSE lances, and of course the long-time bugs like D'Kora EMP with Aux2Batt, KDF Marauding Boff customization, KHG missing armour pieces...

not sure what armor pieces your talking about for the HG set I have seen this for months now and could never figure out what people were talking about all mine are there and I have at least 2 toons with both HG sets, please elaborate.
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013

The change is horrible, if they change something with the sliders they better work on converting our old costumes over properly.. because if every female toon in the game ends up having to redo ALL of their costumes - and thats what it seems like - they'll get to see a lot of unhappy people.

Aside of the major fail with the sliders.. they did a "great" job at adding thunder thighs to the game.... i find the legs look even more wrong now then before lol.

Theres a thread with screenys about it here btw:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=859301
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    The change is horrible, if they change something with the sliders they better work on converting our old costumes over properly.. because if every female toon in the game ends up having to redo ALL of their costumes - and thats what it seems like - they'll get to see a lot of unhappy people.

Aside of the major fail with the sliders.. they did a "great" job at adding thunder thighs to the game.... i find the legs look even more wrong now then before lol.

Theres a thread with screenys about it here btw:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=859301

It will be fine if we maybe get a word from the dev in charge or the community manager that this is a know issue that is going to be fixed before this disaster get to holodeck.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited September 2013
    Comparision shot Romulan vs Human, Holodeck vs Tribble

It appears that "0" in hip slider on Tribble is analogous to "5" on the Hododeck atm.
    Which means no more skinny or athletic looking Female characters unless you are fond of the "Child-bearing hips" look you are not gonna be happy at all.

It also does not fix the primary complain about Romulan female legs which was they were top stick-thin without any girth to them. It doesn't effect pants on Holodeck your legs fill out nicely while in pants, switch to a skirt and its "Oh what **** happened". :confused:
    Was there a reason the TOS Nurse miniskirt model was not used for Romulans in the 22nd Century miniskirt? :eek:

The Default head size I normally use is "0" so this would seem to indicated the new head size on Tribble is "-2.5"?

2 slideshows of the effects of the various slider effects Tribble vs Current holodeck can be found here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Character:
      [*]Improvements have been made for female legs to match better with skirts.
      [*]Improvements have been made to female skin textures.
      [*]Improvements have been made to female and male hand textures.

So I tried out tribble today and saw that my toon is now a little chubby and for some reason her head is smaller, but all the sliders are at the same positions.

I must say, I HATE this change, who's idea was it to make all the Female Characters look like they had way too much cookies?

My Gallery showing the Change tribble made to my Character
      ogew7.jpg
    • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
      edited September 2013
      shailat wrote: »
      So I tried out tribble today and saw that my toon is now a little chubby and for some reason her head is smaller, but all the sliders are at the same positions.

I must say, I HATE this change, who's idea was it to make all the Female Characters look like they had way too much cookies?

My Gallery showing the Change tribble made to my Character

For shame munching on those Tribble cookies, I hear the calories go straight to your hips. :D

Effect of too many Tribble cookies

actually the more I look at the changes if they just left the Hip slider values the same as Holodeck I might be able to live with it, because this is as thin as the hips go on tribble now, the Holodeck pic is current and using exactly the same settings. :(
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      I don't think the characters look fat, in fact I think they look more realistic then the "perfect" specimens we see running around Earth. Bring on the bigger body sizes :)

THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
      Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
      Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
      edited September 2013
      wanderer89 wrote: »
      I don't think the characters look fat, in fact I think they look more realistic then the "perfect" specimens we see running around Earth. Bring on the bigger body sizes :)

If you think that a big body with a tiny head is normal, then you should play less and go to the street a bit more.

Or maybe you think that frog legs are natural in woman: http://i.imgur.com/apA73fs.jpg

Division Hispana
      www.divisionhispana.com
    • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      Can u guys fix the Nausicaan Boff's ''Pirate'' space trait as well?... i notice that the +2% Damage and +10 Stealth Detection Rating bonus does not work.

also change the Pirate trait discription from Ground to Space, so there will be no confusion.
    • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      What a drag regarding the "fix" to the destabilized plasma torpedo. Why was this even worked on? Made no impact in pvp and was just extra fun in pve. As for a "bug" it had a grey area around it...

Take the 2p t'varo efficiency bonus, it states that it affects torpedos including the mega torp, it stands to reason it is considered a torp and not a console effect...

The "across the board" bonus of the tvaro 2p isn't working, that's a real bug...buying a ship that is sold as having the 2 piece bonus and then have it not working, he'll it isn't listed is false advertising, why not fix that ugly bug then neuter the mega torp?

I'll enjoy it while I have it in current form, but man...pretty clear cut case of the "fun police" instead of the "bug squishers"
      Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      • Trait - Subterfuge
        • The Stealth bonus granted no longer stacks.
        • Only the highest bonus will apply.
        • The Defense bonus still stacks.

I just got done testing on Tribble, and as far as I can see the defense bonus no longer stacks like before.

I only get one bonus from one boff. I tested this out on the sup subterfuge embassy boffs and on a Rom char with sup op boffs.

Btw, if you guys intended to keep people from stacking stealth to insane values, I would suggest you look at the Reman boffs as well.

You can attain very high stealth values by slotting more than one superior infiltrator Reman at the moment. This undermines the intended stealth fix on the Rom boffs, and will allow people to make minor changes to their build to remain practically undetectable by normal means.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      snoge00f wrote: »
      You can attain very high stealth values by slotting more than one superior infiltrator Reman at the moment. This undermines the intended stealth fix on the Rom boffs, and will allow people to make minor changes to their build to remain practically undetectable by normal means.

Yeah, although the Reman's seemed odd in their stacking in that they didn't actually give the values you expected them to grant above what a Romulan grants.
    • callen151callen151 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      I freshly copied over a character to Tribble. Here are her Relevant Stats:
      Starship Graviton Generators: 156
      Starship Particle Generator: 186
      Aux: 92

Here are her Gravity Well III stats based on the Tooltip:
      Holodeck GWIII:
      -0.57 Repel
      1,156.9 Kinetic Damage per second (Ignores Shields) (increases closer to center)

Tribble GWIII:
      -0.24 Repel
      899.5 Kinetic Damage per second (Ignores Shields) (increases closer to center)

On both Tribble and Holodeck, when I removed/added-back consoles (I have 1xGravG and 2xPartG) and/or adujusted Aux power up/down the damage numbers changed accordingly, but Repel stayed the same.

It appears in both cases that either the Tooltip is broken and/or the supporting stats have no affect on Repel.

In either case (assuming this part of the Tooltip is functional), the build on Tribble is a NERF to my GWIII's damage. :(

This is pathetic Cryptic. Honestly. All you guys do anymore is release new toys, wait until everyone has bought them. Then nerf them to uselessness. The Subspace Integration Circuit is the previous example of this. This console was perfectly fine. Running through the Arena's before its nerf, my premade team was getting hit with this back to back. No big deal. Sure we may of died once or twice. But it was a perfectly acceptable console. BUT! Because lack luster PvPers couldnt withstand it. Bam. Nerfed into uselessness. Yet another console sitting in my bank or on a storage ship to never be used again.

Fast forward a month later, as i sit down to build a Sci captain, Temporal Sci Gravity Well 3 build. Investing countless amounts of EC into it. And now you guys are nerfing Gravity Well's. Science captains have no real damage dealing components. How are the sci captains suppose to compete in a game that should clearly be renamed to Tactical Captains In Space.. You've nerfed the damage gravity well does in half. Not to mention they now disapear when the target is destroyed. That effectively makes the Grav Science doff that spawns multiple gravity wells useless as well.

I can understand wanting to fix something thats broken. And i know you(the dev team) arent responsible for all the decisions that are made regarding what must be nerfed. But this is ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with gravity well other then the fact that the hold component was working correctly for Gravity Wells 2 and 3. But no lets just nerf them into existence because hey who cares right? This nerf is clearly not right. And so far no one in this thread wants this nerf. And whats worst is no one has come forward to confirm or deny that this is a nerf, or just a tool tip error.

Either way nerfing the damage component that Aux power and Particle Generators has on GW is wrong. And at this rate you might as well just remove engineers and science captains from the game. Because theres really no point anymore.

A Dissatisfied Customer

Callen
    • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      callen151 wrote: »
      This is pathetic Cryptic. Honestly. All you guys do anymore is release new toys, wait until everyone has bought them. Then nerf them to uselessness. The Subspace Integration Circuit is the previous example of this. This console was perfectly fine. Running through the Arena's before its nerf, my premade team was getting hit with this back to back. No big deal. Sure we may of died once or twice. But it was a perfectly acceptable console. BUT! Because lack luster PvPers couldnt withstand it. Bam. Nerfed into uselessness. Yet another console sitting in my bank or on a storage ship to never be used again.

Fast forward a month later, as i sit down to build a Sci captain, Temporal Sci Gravity Well 3 build. Investing countless amounts of EC into it. And now you guys are nerfing Gravity Well's. Science captains have no real damage dealing components. How are the sci captains suppose to compete in a game that should clearly be renamed to Tactical Captains In Space.. You've nerfed the damage gravity well does in half. Not to mention they now disapear when the target is destroyed. That effectively makes the Grav Science doff that spawns multiple gravity wells useless as well.

I can understand wanting to fix something thats broken. And i know you(the dev team) arent responsible for all the decisions that are made regarding what must be nerfed. But this is ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with gravity well other then the fact that the hold component was working correctly for Gravity Wells 2 and 3. But no lets just nerf them into existence because hey who cares right? This nerf is clearly not right. And so far no one in this thread wants this nerf. And whats worst is no one has come forward to confirm or deny that this is a nerf, or just a tool tip error.

Either way nerfing the damage component that Aux power and Particle Generators has on GW is wrong. And at this rate you might as well just remove engineers and science captains from the game. Because theres really no point anymore.

A Dissatisfied Customer

Callen

If you're info is correct on the GW, this will be a very bad thing... The Gravity Well is already not powerful enough especially in PvP, where most people would know how to get away from it or avoid it altogether not to mention it does not do significant damage to alot of them.
    • callen151callen151 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      If you're info is correct on the GW, this will be a very bad thing... The Gravity Well is already not powerful enough especially in PvP, where most people would know how to get away from it or avoid it altogether not to mention it does not do significant damage to alot of them.

It is. I just finished testing it on tribble.

Aux- 130
      Graviton generators- 104
      Particle Generators- 184

Holodeck

Gravity Well
      Repel- -0.54 Damage 1,489 Per Sec

Tribble

Repel -0.24 Damage 1,056.1 Per sec

With Conservation of energy stacked 3 times on tribble the max i can get out of my gravity well is about 1.5k

The Hold/pull is increased, BUT, the increase is so small, its not worth the damage decrease. Evasive manuevers, Damperners, Aux to Damp, EPtE's or Polarize Hull will get you out of the gravity well easy. Id take my damage on holodeck right now, with the lack of real hold/pull, over what is on tribble at the moment.

BUT! Rest assured, DO NOT let Cryptic lie to you, this is a NERF and nothing but a nerf. It is a nerf that is dressed up and disguised as a buff.
    • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2013

A Dissatisfied Customer

Callen

How about learning to play the damn game and less QQ?

Science is not about damage.If you can do damage with a science toon in a sci ship cryptic should nerf the hell out of whatever sci thing you use on that ship.Science is for debuff not for damage .

That console was broken and its still way to overpowered for what it does.

you talk about lack luster PvPers after you say "Running through the Arena's before its nerf, my premade team... " .
    • milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      It is. I just finished testing it on tribble.

Aux- 130; Graviton generators- 104; Particle Generators- 184

Holodeck: Gravity Well: Repel- -0.54; Damage 1,489 Per Sec
      Tribble: Gravity Well: Repel -0.24; Damage 1,056.1 Per sec

Maybe I missed it in there somewhere, but are you using a parser like ACT to assess damage, or are you relying on pop-up tooltips? Holodeck tooltip is not what happens in any case, making tooltips meaningless for comparison between servers. But if that's parsed DPS in some form then it sounds grim.
    • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      No. A second, instant lockout period has been instituted. This was done in an attempt to alleviate the "double-tap" scenarios that have been discussed at-length in our PvP forums.
      Just because PvP folks are uncomfortable with it, i do have to change my build althrough i don't do PvP at all?
      If other players are uncomfortable with some issue years pass without any change made by Cryptic, but if PvPers moan about something, things get changed much faster....

How many ppl are actively playing PvP?
      "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
      (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      yreodred wrote: »
      Just because PvP folks are uncomfortable with it, i do have to change my build althrough i don't do PvP at all?
      If other players are uncomfortable with some issue years pass without any change made by Cryptic, but if PvPers moan about something, things get changed much faster....

How many ppl are actively playing PvP?

sry yreodred but take an hour worth your time and go through 3 years of patch and release notes. I'll wait....done? Fine!

Not a single addition to STO pvp in three years, except for broken queues, and a mission that went to tribble for ~20 hours to never be seen again.

When stuff gets nerfed, like tachyon mines, tric mines, psw, BO double-taps....The first concern has always been n tac captains blasting through pve to quickly for cryptics liking.

"Mudflation" how geko calls it. Just because NPC can't come to the forums complaining about it, while palyers can, doesn't mean they are to blame for cryptics half-hearted attempts at balance.
    • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      BUT! Rest assured, DO NOT let Cryptic lie to you, this is a NERF and nothing but a nerf. It is a nerf that is dressed up and disguised as a buff.
      They increased the damage with low aux, and nerfed it with high aux, according to what they say (haven't tested yet). That mean a sci ship will be nerfed, as GW is the main damage source from non weapon sci ship. But the escort and destroyer that use GW (usually GW1) will be buffed.
      Which is beyond stupid, as they don't need a buff, and sci ship deserve a buff instead of a nerf.

Just parse the DPS of GW3 from a 130aux sci ship vs an escort with scatter volley3, and you'll know what I mean. The hold is not even interesting in eSTF, as the spheres have EptE, and the cubes/gates are not affected anyway.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • kanonistiskanonistis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      No. A second, instant lockout period has been instituted. This was done in an attempt to alleviate the "double-tap" scenarios that have been discussed at-length in our PvP forums

...why not fixed with yesterday Maintenance???
      and by the way, whats with Deflector DOFF, they dont work since they online lol.
      I would be glad if you Guys work more on the System so many things aren`t OK and need to fix.
      Please, Stop bring every Week/Month new Lock Boxes, Consoles, Fleet Projects... i dont have the Time to Task for all that so i need 80% of the Time to Grind Base Projects Stuff, leveling a Rep or Gear, Farming Marks and Dilithium for all that and dont come really to "Play Sta Trek"!
      Fleet Leader: Hellenic Space Force
      Characters FED: TAC Ponos - TAC Tromos - ENG Athena - ROM TAC Phovos - SCI Martyrium - REM Apatros
      Fleet: La Familia: SCI Stave
      KDF Fleet: Syndicate of Shadows: ENG Sha'Kal

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      havam wrote: »
      sry yreodred but take an hour worth your time and go through 3 years of patch and release notes. I'll wait....done? Fine!

Not a single addition to STO pvp in three years, except for broken queues, and a mission that went to tribble for ~20 hours to never be seen again.

When stuff gets nerfed, like tachyon mines, tric mines, psw, BO double-taps....The first concern has always been n tac captains blasting through pve to quickly for cryptics liking.

"Mudflation" how geko calls it. Just because NPC can't come to the forums complaining about it, while palyers can, doesn't mean they are to blame for cryptics half-hearted attempts at balance.
      Almost all nerfs and changes of BOFF/player abilites are results of PvP players complaining about something.

Cryptic should focus more on balancing tactical/Engineering/Science BOFF/Player abilities to make them equal useable for solo AND group play.
      "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
      (also applies to Star Trek in general)
      edited September 2013
      yreodred wrote: »
      Almost all nerfs and changes of BOFF/player abilites are results of PvP players complaining about something.
      • PVP community ask for a Buff
      • Cryptic give us a nerf
      • PVP community is to blame.

I just love your reasoning.

Division Hispana
      www.divisionhispana.com
    • michael22133michael22133 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      I can not see trivlwe
      Thanks for reading this STO post

-Michael22133-