test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - September 20, 2013

Comments

• maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20130908a.9

Systems:
    • Fast Reload Projectile Officers no longer reduce the recharge time of the mega torpedo.

What's a mega torpedo?
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    savingj wrote: »
    Just tested the tactical bridge officer ability changes and currently torpedo spread and high yield can still stack. However, Beam Overload is working as described in the patch notes.

I believe only same type powers can not stack. One can still prebuff CRF+Thy+BO in sequence for an attack.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maarkean wrote: »
    What's a mega torpedo?

I'm assuming it's the massive red ball of death from the T'Varo Retrofit.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thank you devs for finally making a long awaited bug squashing patch. Most of the annoyances people have been complaining about are resolved with this one.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yet still no fix to the KDF costumes.

No surprise there......
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well done, nice for the science, finally.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please reconsider the changes to the destabilized plasma torp. It will be a huge nerf to an item many of us already paid for, and it already has been nerfed once earlier when it used to reduce cooldowns on everything.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Aw nothing about fixing the new console icons so people with visual disabilities can tell them apart. :(

Or adding Romulan Costumes to the Foundry. Not to mention a ton of missing ships like the Koro'tinga.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Whoop whoop, those updates make my science character happy! :D

Also noticed Redshirt is back up! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kalani2 wrote: »
    I hope the changes to the legs are far from final. The area around the knee has no natural couture at all and I have to slide the leg bulk all the way up on my alien to make the size of the legs look like the size of a normal human beings leg.

I was afraid they'd eventually do to skirt/long pants legs what they did a while ago to tight pants legs- which is, make them look terribly anorexic and wrong.

Sigh. Do this game's character artists just live in a bubble where they can ignore all feedback, not to mention ignore real costume problems, to spend all their time TRIBBLE with things that are fine?
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was afraid they'd eventually do to skirt/long pants legs what they did a while ago to tight pants legs- which is, make them look terribly anorexic and wrong.

Sigh. Do this game's character artists just live in a bubble where they can ignore all feedback, not to mention ignore real costume problems, to spend all their time TRIBBLE with things that are fine?

As if its not bad enough the scaling options for more than just legs has been messed up. My characters heads are all way to small for their bodies and even when I max them out there still too small.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like some one said, the character look completely disproportionate now! My alien character has a really small head now! Please.. fix this.. do not let it go live like you did with TNG pants.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I created a demorecord and this is what I got:

This my Alien charactr is on HOLODECK:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img401/3928/xyvs.jpg

This is on TRIBBLE:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img849/422/l68f.jpg

Please cryptic, fix this before it gets to Holodeck (when ever that is). I hope we dont get another "TNG pants" issue.. even so this is muuuuch worst.

The SAME thing happened with my Joined Trill character.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • icepirakaicepiraka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [*]Fast Reload Projectile Officers no longer reduce the recharge time of the mega torpedo.

Aw. Was that really necessary?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    icepiraka wrote: »
    Aw. Was that really necessary?
    yes, it was - that's why i reported it several weeks ago

doff abilities are not supposed to be affecting consoles in any way; the same thing happened with the nadeon detonator being affected by photonic studies scientists
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is the server back up yet ? , it says I do not have the required login permission even after I transferred my char again . been using tribble for over a year and tested season 6 & 7
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    is the server back up yet ? , it says I do not have the required login permission even after I transferred my char again . been using tribble for over a year and tested season 6 & 7
    You didn't see the notice about the restrictions of the server for the Silver players? At the current time, only Gold players can access Tribble. It says so right here. You'll have to wait until they open the server back up to Silver players.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You didn't see the notice about the restrictions of the server for the Silver players? At the current time, only Gold players can access Tribble. It says so right here. You'll have to wait until they open the server back up to Silver players.

I was a gold player till last week (subbed for 174 days) :( , but why the change when I tested seasons 6 & 7 before launch ? . and no I did not see the edit and I will not be using the redshirt test server out of protest :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    Wait, so the Global Cooldown for Weapon powers is being REDUCED to 5 seconds?

I think that means that if the next copy of the ability is already recharged after you finally fire the first copy, you have to wait an additional 5 seconds before you can use the next copy of the ability.

For example: If you use beam overload 1 but don't fire it until there are a couple seconds left before the buff expires and beam overload 2 (or a second copy of 1, or a copy of 3) is recharged when you finally fire the first copy to use the buff, you will have to wait an extra 5 seconds before you can activate the next copy of the ability. So they aren't reducing the recharge time to these powers; they are actually making it more difficult for players to spam them.

I'm not sure, but if you use 1 copy then fire it right away, does an extra 5 seconds get tacked onto the other copies that are still in the shared cooldown phase? Or does the cooldown on the extra copies remain unchanged and this only happens if the extra copies are recharged before you fire with the previous buff activated?
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    post deleted by poster
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Please reconsider the changes to the destabilized plasma torp. It will be a huge nerf to an item many of us already paid for, and it already has been nerfed once earlier when it used to reduce cooldowns on everything.

There is a big difference between a nerf and a bug.

A nerf means something that was intended turned out to be too powerful and it was changed to keep the game in balance.

A bug is something that wasn't suppose to happen in the first place.

I too have the T'varos from the LoR starter pack with the console set. Honestly I didn't notice the destabilized plasma torp reducing the cooldown on all abilities for a while (yes I'm that slow sometimes). The change didn't bother me. In fact I was grateful for it because it didn't feel right having it happen and made me feel a bit guilty using it.
  • icepirakaicepiraka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yes, it was - that's why i reported it several weeks ago

doff abilities are not supposed to be affecting consoles in any way; the same thing happened with the nadeon detonator being affected by photonic studies scientists

...But sometimes it just makes sense for them to do so. It's not like Doffs made the Nadeon Detonator or DPT into I-win buttons.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    [*]Gravity Well
    • Ranks 2 and 3 now properly benefit from the captain's AuxPower and Graviton Generators skill.
    • The base damage of the power has been increased at all ranks.
    • The Repel values of all ranks can now be improved slightly with Graviton Generators skill.
    • The Radius bonus gained by Graviton Generators has been increased.
    • The amount of bonus damage that Aux Power and Partical Generators give to this power have been decreased.

Has anyone been able to test the GW changes? I've only seen one post about it and it's not good.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    "Re-enabled game chat channel filters for Emotes and Minigame. "

And I just used the workaround for this i found in another thread. Oh well atleast i have all my 7 characters having the same UI and no emote spam anymore.

Glad to see science powers getting some luvin, ill hold off on tweaking my lone sci until it goes live, plenty of others to work on and lenty of grind to do.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fix. The. Damn. Too. Thin. Thighs. In. Skirts.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    • Re-enabled game chat channel filters for Emotes and Minigame.

YAY! Thank you! :D
    Known Issues:
    • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.

I would say that there is a problem with fleet members reading as online on the roster 24/7 even if they are not online.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice job on the rom boff fixes, Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This list makes me smile. A lot of long standing issues are being addressed here.

There is still a lot of work to do though, development team. I am very hopeful going forward though, a lot of these were mentioned in recent feedback threads, so hopefully you guys saw and are working on many of the other balance related issues with doffs, boffs, and powers.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    icepiraka wrote: »
    ...But sometimes it just makes sense for them to do so. It's not like Doffs made the Nadeon Detonator or DPT into I-win buttons.

...You probably weren't around when the PO/PSW/Nadeon build was around.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    I didn't hear about this. Don't even quite understand the issue. With the 15-second GCD that's already there, nothing else CAN be activated for 15 seconds. Could you explain what the issue was and how this helps? I don't quite understand, but I'm only curious.

It is interesting to be sure, but I get it...