test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(0,0,0) Bug

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
Is there any word yet on a fix for the bug in preview mode where mobs vanish during combat and reappear elsewhere? markhawkman called it the (0,0,0) bug when I asked about it in my questions thread.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I haven't seen this with an NPC groups since LoR, but I do see this with Boffs occasionally (usually on the first preview of a map.) For me reseting the map, usually clear it up. Also what map are you using?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Also what map are you using?
    It's a custom space map. I've got an Fighter 01 and Frigate 01 attached to one kill objective, and a Battleship 01 attached to another. Oh, and they're all Orion mob groups.

I have another two template space maps with mobs to kill that don't have the problem.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    It's a custom space map. I've got an Fighter 01 and Frigate 01 attached to one kill objective, and a Battleship 01 attached to another. Oh, and they're all Orion mob groups.

I have another two template space maps with mobs to kill that don't have the problem.

Please post the project IDs of the missions affected by this bug in the Master Bug threas stickied at that top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Which factional group are you using?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Please post the project IDs of the missions affected by this bug in the Master Bug threas stickied at that top.
    It's unpublished; does that matter?
    Which factional group are you using?
    This is a Fed mission. The afflicted mobs on the one map are all Orions. I also have multiple Orion ground groups on another map, as well as several Orion space groups and one Jem'Hadar space group on two separate template maps, none of which have the issue.

EDIT: Posted a bug report.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I'm starting to think that the bug may be specific to custom space maps. I just started working on one for a big space battle with tons of different mobs flying around (6 Fed, 5 Orion, 1 Gorn, 1 Nausicaan) and used the Gamma Okana template with Badlands backdrop. Worked first time and every time, no problems at all.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I'm starting to think that the bug may be specific to custom space maps. I just started working on one for a big space battle with tons of different mobs flying around (6 Fed, 5 Orion, 1 Gorn, 1 Nausicaan) and used the Gamma Okana template with Badlands backdrop. Worked first time and every time, no problems at all.
    Interesting observation. the time I saw it most in a mission was indeed a custom map, and I actually ended up redesigning the map to make it less of an issue. (I'd originally placed a planet where it covered the 0/0/0 point and thus any ships affected would move to be inside the planet.)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I've been testing with a Dominion battleship on a custom map that hasn't been giving me any problems, so I don't think it's specific to custom maps. The more details we can get on the specific conditions where this happens the better.

Out of curiosity, does the problem persist if you reset the map? I still get occasional cased of one of my Boffs popping to the other side of the map, but it tends to resolve itself after a reset.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hm... I should try doing a reset next time I see it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Out of curiosity, does the problem persist if you reset the map? I still get occasional cased of one of my Boffs popping to the other side of the map, but it tends to resolve itself after a reset.

Just checked. Hitting reset doesn't help. Also, this bug only happens when the mobs are engaged in combat.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Other observations:

The mobs fade out as if they had been hit with a "turn off object" trigger, except it affects the ships individually instead of as a group.

When they reappear, they have the same amount of HP as they had when they vanished.

Map information:
    The map contains a large planet with a ring system that overlaps the origin (the point (0,0,0)) and several detail pieces (debris and asteroid fields mostly) but is overall very empty. The mobs are all Orions, and the objectives on the map are to kill first the Fighter 02 group and Frigate 01 group, followed by the Battleship 01 group, then you advance to a surface map.

And my project ID is ST-HMVK8ZDAT.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    This is a known issue.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is a known issue.

I know, I was just wondering if there was a fix in the works.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    I know, I was just wondering if there was a fix in the works.

It's assigned to a programmer, but I have no other info as to if/when a fix might arrive.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's assigned to a programmer, but I have no other info as to if/when a fix might arrive.

Ok, thank you.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    rosvikrosvik Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if what I have seen with a KDF mission I have (unpublished) is the same bug. When I do the 'Play Map' for one of the space maps, a Federation ship appears which has to be destroyed. But the Fed. ship always fades out before I can destroy it. I have looked on the map to see if it warped to some other location, but it is just gone.

I can use the 'Kill Target' button to destroy it to test the rest of the map, at least.
    Ancient Vulcan proverb: "If you are what you eat, then 'Jerk' must be a very popular food on Earth"
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rosvik wrote: »
    I don't know if what I have seen with a KDF mission I have (unpublished) is the same bug. When I do the 'Play Map' for one of the space maps, a Federation ship appears which has to be destroyed. But the Fed. ship always fades out before I can destroy it. I have looked on the map to see if it warped to some other location, but it is just gone.

I can use the 'Kill Target' button to destroy it to test the rest of the map, at least.
    Hi Rosvik,

What you're mentioning is "normal" foundry behaviour. Storyline mobs tend to fade away during preview mode.

This won't happen in published mode (when you're playing on holodeck).
This discussion has been closed.