test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

20 hour R & D option missing

samomightysamomighty Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

i have run into a bizarre issue with a new Romulan character that i started last week.
  1. the 20 hour R & D option is missing from all my schools of research. i have manually increased to level 3.5 by making stuff and still no big R&D option.
  2. Unable to acquire my new level 20 ship even though i did everything asked.

i have no idea why this is happening and because the character is only level 23 i thought about just restarting it, except that i have already bought bank space, bag space and many doff's.

i am thinking of replaying the quest to get the ship but i have no idea if it will bug out again and the issue with the R & D will still be there. i have reported it through the ingame bug option but have yet to hear back. roughly how long until issues are checked out?

any help would be great.
Post edited by samomighty on

Comments

• Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. - could be lag. When I do my R&D it sometimes takes minutes and a few times changing schools before the project appears

2. Romulan? Have you chosen sides yet? could be that not only you have to chose sides but also do one mission or so afterwards - and of course see the admiral on New Romulus command
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i too thought it might be a result of the lag but i have sat in the R&D section for an hour last night, manually increasing the XP and it never showed up.

i think this toon is bugged to the point where i need to delete it. however, like i said, i have invested a lot of money into it, even purchasing 1000 zen worth of Dil and i dont know how to transfer that Dil to another toon. if i were to delete this toon, i will lose a lot of hard currency and i dont know if they can alter a new toon to what i had.

because of this, i think i am going to physically buy 2 more character slots and roll another Rommy and see if it happens again.

thank you for your input.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    samomighty wrote: »
    [*]Unable to acquire my new level 20 ship even though i did everything asked.

new ships for romulans is tied to story missions, have you done those?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    new ships for romulans is tied to story missions, have you done those?
    yes. i did the story mission for the upgrade, was told to meet X on the flotilla to get a new ship, met X, automatically said i bought a ship even though i didn't get an option, then was ordered to go to the person to select new ship. when i go to this person, the only ship i have is same first ship.

its really bizarre.

also, thank you about the exchange for Dil. gonna take a look at that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i just jumped on and the 20 hour R & D is there. now to find out if i can get the ship.

thank you to whom ever did this.

*edit - i was able to acquire my lvl 20 ship from the flotilla.

again, thank you. i am level 29 and fighting the baddies was getting rather difficult. lol