Install Arc
Options

Into Darkness named WORST ST film EVER

12346»

Comments

• Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do agree In the Darkness was bad, it was predictable and didn't feel like a Star Trek film.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Found this on Yahoo and thought I would share if you haven't seen it already

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-trek-into-darkness-named--worst-star-trek-film--073112668.html
    lake1771 wrote: »
    The level of narcissistic douchebaggary I find in threads like these never ceases to amaze me.

All trek is awesome.

new trek just has better grafix and scripting overall than most old trek.

sorry, but its true.

Lake1771 has spoken.

all other arguments are invalid.

Completely debatable IMO.

JJ Trek scripts were terrible, the first movie alone had plot holes big enough to pilot the Enterprise through, the 2nd movie was the same way.

The Graphics were a mixed bag for me, the CGI looked great at times but looked like TRIBBLE at other times.

Overall these two Trek movies felt like Abrams' auditions to direct Star Wars, both movies felt much more like Star Wars than Star Trek.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    glad to see yet another jjcrapverse film hit the fan. cant wait until hes booted from that position and trek going back to its roots with the new director casting those two films as non canon.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ... cant wait until hes booted from that position and trek going back to its roots with the new director casting those two films as non canon.

you should double check your love of this so-called solid canon by watching the link two posts up. :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    So much awesome! I watched less than 2 mintes but I was laughing so hard I had to stop. :D Thanks my face needed the excercise. :D
    Completely debatable IMO.

JJ Trek scripts were terrible, the first movie alone had plot holes big enough to pilot the Enterprise through, the 2nd movie was the same way.

The Graphics were a mixed bag for me, the CGI looked great at times but looked like TRIBBLE at other times.

Overall these two Trek movies felt like Abrams' auditions to direct Star Wars, both movies felt much more like Star Wars than Star Trek.
    *points at cgta's link*

Seriously, the TV shows have as many holes as swiss cheese. Why would the movies be better?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or Insurrection? Or Final Frontier?

Hey, now! I'll agree Insurrection sucked... but Final Frontier is one of my favorites. Okay, okay... every single premise in the story is insipidly stupid and cheesy. But some of the characters are quite entertaining (like General Kordd) and it has two redeeming bits that allow me to overlook everything else... Kirk asking God for some ID and Uhura dancing naked on a dune top! (yeah, yeah... she's in silhouette... but I have an EXCELLENT imagination and have had a crush on her since I was 10!) ;)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People clearly have not even contemplated just how effing [insert derogatory swear word here --> ___ ] the 2009 film is.

The final frontier is fantastic compared to it.

Yes I know it re-booted the franchise.

But in one way, I could not think of many more ways JJ could have done it worse.

While I agree, the alternate universe is a vile piece of TRIBBLE, It is the only thing that is left.

Star Trek

NEEDS.A.TV.
    TEEEE VEEEE

SERIES.

SET IN THE RUDDY PRIME UNIVERSE.

STICK ORIGINAL / PRIME UNIVERSE on the title AND I PROMISE FANS WILL FLOCK TO VIEW IT if given a competent writer and director.

======================

I did like ST:ID more than 09 because, whether failure in reality, JJ did try to make us Trekkies more welcome.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    People clearly have not even contemplated just how effing [insert derogatory swear word here --> ___ ] the 2009 film is.....

maybe because they were very entertained and it brought a nice glow of star trek love back into their hearts with the reintroduction of their favorite characters from the genre that they love so much. Also they respect the work done by the film and its actors in the homages that were presented which made the movie that much more entertaining.

but thats OK...if you shout and swear more, maybe you could convince someone to stand with you in your corner of angry desperation in the cliche' JJ bash that you are using as a defense of you opinion.

it's fine if you dont like it personally....it is not very cool if you are forcefully imposing your opinion onto others... because ultimately, they will just see you as obnoxious and never really take anything you say seriously thereafter.

:rolleyes::cool:
    edited August 2013
    maybe because they were very entertained and it brought a nice glow of star trek love back into their hearts with the reintroduction of their favorite characters from the genre that they love so much. Also they respect the work done by the film and its actors in the homages that were presented which made the movie that much more entertaining.

but thats OK...if you shout and swear more, maybe you could convince someone to stand with you in your corner of angry desperation in the cliche' JJ bash that you are using as a defense of you opinion.

it's fine if you dont like it personally....it is not very cool if you are forcefully imposing your opinion onto others... because ultimately, they will just see you as obnoxious and never really take anything you say seriously thereafter.

:rolleyes::cool:

As an action film: good.

As a Star Trek film, you tell me, right here ... (with Zero links please) why you think it reflects Star Trek.

I dare you.

Challenge Accepted? ;)

Anyway, I was expressing my views of the 09 film, not forcing them on others.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    As an action film: good.

As a Star Trek film, you tell me, right here ... (with Zero links please) why you think it reflects Star Trek.

I dare you.

Challenge Accepted? ;)

Anyway, I was expressing my views of the 09 film, not forcing them on others.

I gave you excellent examples of how the film reflects Star Trek..... you choose not to acknowledge them and proceeded to start making demands and confrontational dares.

anyway....I mentioned something about not taking what you say seriously, I stand by that.

...and... with the thread you made raving about how good the paper is in a magazine ..... I stand by the non-serious-taking statement.

sorry bud....but fwiw; enjoy your not-so-unique toys and the magazine subscription you ran to the corner store to frantically search for... you know, the one that has very nice high quality paper you so joyfully touted.

edited August 2013
    I gave you excellent examples of how the film reflects Star Trek..... you choose not to acknowledge them and proceeded to start making demands and confrontational dares.

anyway....I mentioned something about not taking what you say seriously, I stand by that.

...and... with the thread you made raving about how good the paper is in a magazine ..... I stand by the non-serious-taking statement.

sorry bud....but fwiw; enjoy your not-so-unique toys and the magazine subscription you ran to the corner store to frantically search for... you know, the one that has very nice high quality paper you so joyfully touted.

I have not read the previous arguments. TL;DR.

As for my magazine, I like it, and I fail to understand why you ... I am not able to extrapolate your emotion / intent with accuracy, but I fail to understand why you

Either

a) Mock

b) make fun

c) being mean

d) all of the above

Also , please quote where I said anything on this thread about not being serious.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Or where you referring to the Homage?

• Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have not read the previous arguments. TL;DR.
    That's your own fault then. On one hand you're asking him to provide info which he has, but then you acknowledge you don't want to bother dealing with it.

Lazy.

Hell you even admit to it being a good action flick. You just want to complain about how much you despise the fact it's a Star Trek movie. I hate to break this to you, but there are plenty of previous Trek incarnations which do a far greater disservice to the brand. Note the hiatus of Star Trek productions post Nemesis and Enterprise.

The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They listed "Star Trek IV: SAVE THE WHALES" as no.4 on their list of "Best Trek Movies - in order"... I wouldn't take them seriously...
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who dont like the new JJ trek seem to be the whiners who simply dont like change. Not saying this is everyone but thats what I see amongst my friends. I for one love it! I saw the 09 trek and it drew me into Star Trek. Immediately after watching it I went and got The Next Generation and loved that and all the series after.

I loved Into Darkness and cant wait for more JJ trek to come out!
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    ...I saw the 09 trek and it drew me into Star Trek. Immediately after watching it I went and got The Next Generation and loved that and all the series after.....

similar thing happened to my daughter, she is nine.

Her first exposure to Star Trek was 'Into Darkness'....did a theater night and we loved it !

We since then have nearly finished watching through Deep Space Nine on Netflix together :)

She wants to watch TNG next....because I showed her a Q and a Borg episode :)

edited August 2013
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    People who dont like the new JJ trek seem to be the whiners who simply dont like change. Not saying this is everyone but thats what I see amongst my friends. I for one love it! I saw the 09 trek and it drew me into Star Trek. Immediately after watching it I went and got The Next Generation and loved that and all the series after.

I loved Into Darkness and cant wait for more JJ trek to come out!

That's mainly what I hear from the "anti-JJ Trek" crowd. It's not "set in the main universe," so fans get their panties in a wad over it.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    search for Spock was gawdawful......

I liked into the darkness....very entertaining.

not boring soap opera drama that most are which make good TV, but very awful movies.....

movies are for 2 hours of entertainment...Darkness delivered delightfully.......

Search for Spock....did not.

YES but u clearly have no taste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    YES but u clearly have no taste.

ad-hominem much ?

:cool:
    edited August 2013
    similar thing happened to my daughter, she is nine.

Her first exposure to Star Trek was 'Into Darkness'....did a theater night and we loved it !

We since then have nearly finished watching through Deep Space Nine on Netflix together :)

She wants to watch TNG next....because I showed her a Q and a Borg episode :)

^^^^This^^^ My 6 year old daughter and 9 year old son both loved both JJ Movies. I was about my 6 year olds age when I was watching TOS reruns on Saturday afternoons with my dad. They now will watch the Star Trek series on the Netflix when I fire them up. My son likes Enterprise, but eh, to each their own, LOL. Then again I like Voyager and people on the forums poo poo that one all the time. JJ re-invigorated a dated franchise for a new generation of kids and even adults who may not have liked the "touchy feely" Star Trek. And if it takes JJ altering some things or rehashing some orginal(but popular) material to keep Paramount's moneybags full so they keep Star Trek alive than all the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will admit that I am not a fan of JJ Trek.
    But Andrew Dice Clay,In "Ford Fairlane" was the worst movie ever.
    I still owe the "Diceman" a punch in the face for stealing my money, and 110 minutes of my life in 1989.

However, I shouldn't judge JJ Trek too harshly, I loved TNG on TV, and the movies were meh.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I was born in 1992, I didn't grow up with ST (except for about 3 episodes of ENT) I only started watching after 09, bought myself the full collection all thanks to JJ. Into Darkness is still in my top 3 list of ST Films.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I would really like to see for Star Trek III , if they did do a remake on steroids, would be to do Star Trek Generations, but with a better ending!

PS: They MUST have a competent director, NOT JJ ... NOOOOOOOT JJ.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    PS: They MUST have a competent director, NOT JJ ... NOOOOOOOT JJ.

please explain to us why you are shouting this....but yet the two worlds largest science fiction intellectual properties have chosen him to represent their current cinematic endeavors.

do you feel Star Trek -and- Star Wars are so misguided that they -both- chose an incompetent producer? and if so...please clarify for us who aren't seeing the light.

edited August 2013
    please explain to us why you are shouting this....but yet the two worlds largest science fiction intellectual properties have chosen him to represent their current cinematic endeavors.

do you feel Star Trek -and- Star Wars are so misguided that they -both- chose an incompetent producer? and if so...please clarify for us who aren't seeing the light.

JJ could have done a much,MUCH, better job. Made it action packed, but with more Trek.

BTW I am not shouting, I am emphasizing.

• Options
    rottonsaztanrottonsaztan Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People will hate on anything huh Lol....
    I may not like all the curve balls JJ throws at me, But hey....This is TREK, he stayed in the TREK world enough for me.

I got to love the guy in a way, because he is pulling the old world of trek, and bringing it out into the new world of movies.....Now there is in a way a young and old trek, and I like the fact the Trek world is getting bigger and more younger folks are looking in:D

It all might not be cannon, but it is new, and no one can say ( I dont think ) that they didnt love seeing that ship fly out of the water and out to space, or watch it fall from orbit like the old one did every other week......Come on.....it was great:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    JJ could have done a much,MUCH, better job. Made it action packed, but with more Trek....

please tell us what you mean by this.

the whole film was 'star trek' if I'm not mistaken.

or... are you just acting irrational in your judgmental assumptions, with no basis other than to be confrontational against the newest member in the continuation of the Star Trek IP ?