Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

14567810»

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I was gonna say something cute...., but this is better. :D

I refuse to 'accept' anything I can't taste. :P

Sheesh... there's a lot of Male Testosterone bouncing around here today!

Good thing I'm wearing my Internetz Waders, I'd hate to get soaked in it.

;)

Yup, much easier than admitting that everytime they tweek the mail system doo-doo hits the fan then something blows up.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes 1m ago

We are conducting our final checks as we tweet and will have you back in-game shortly! #STO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Well, the patch notes mention "next highest rank". So, I guess poor, power-hungry Ensign Ricky is out of luck. :D

That's good. I still reckon that the fleets that form for the camaraderie (excluding the bank fleets for single individuals. I've got one on each faction myself), are going to be the strongest ones, and any kind of safeguards against "absent dictators" or what have you is just going to backfire. Well intentioned, organized fleets don't need it, and dictator run fleets will abuse it.
  • ordoxenosordoxenos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't say that I like this move. I am a single leader in charge of a small fleet. We exist because the leader of our last fleet went AFK for 6 months and someone else grabbed power, changed the fleet name, description and kicked all the active fleet leadership out without consulting anyone in the fleet. I believe there should be an option for fleet leadership to disable this feature. I've worked long and hard for my fleet, I have over 3 million fleet credits, more than triple any other single player in the fleet. I don't see myself ever being inactive for 180 days but who knows. We've already had one hyjack attempt a few weeks back and now here's Cryptic essentially legalizing hijacks. No Thanks. Please allow fleets to Opt Out of this feature.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    wow feeling the nerd rage on this patch thread !

I agree with most the sane replies if your going to be away for long periods then change dictatorship er I mean leadership it is irresponsible to run a fleet like that. If you cant do that then you need to see your suffering delusions of grandeur and come back to the real world. No one person makes a fleet its a group effort, if I remember correctly you need a minimum of 5 people to start a fleet in the first place not ONE person but FIVE. Saying that I think some people here suffer multiple personality disorders and nerd rage.

No one likes me the world hates me I am superior to everyone because no one thinks like me !

one word, FREAKS !

most of my fleets are bank toons and was easy to get 4 people to help make the fleets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    Well there are a lot of fleets that are basically trainer dictatorships, basically arrogant self-centered people who assume everything must be about them. Those are really the ones you should worry about. Good fleets (both large and small), that have more of a community to them, and aren't run like a private gulag are where you should go if you go into a fleet.

you r sooo correct. ours is a family of fleets. to many have restrictions and requirements. we believe in ppl rite to play how and when they want to.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    6 minutes to go, prepare for patching.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    6 minutes to go, prepare for patching.
    You can patch right now.. they enabled patching around an hour or two ago.
    edited August 2013
    you r sooo correct. ours is a family of fleets. to many have restrictions and requirements. we believe in ppl rite to play how and when they want to.

99% of fleets are like this the rest are bank toons :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still no clue about giveaway... You're 27 mins late brandon!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ordoxenos wrote: »
    I can't say that I like this move. I am a single leader in charge of a small fleet. We exist because the leader of our last fleet went AFK for 6 months and someone else grabbed power, changed the fleet name, description and kicked all the active fleet leadership out without consulting anyone in the fleet. I believe there should be an option for fleet leadership to disable this feature. I've worked long and hard for my fleet, I have over 3 million fleet credits, more than triple any other single player in the fleet. I don't see myself ever being inactive for 180 days but who knows. We've already had one hyjack attempt a few weeks back and now here's Cryptic essentially legalizing hijacks. No Thanks. Please allow fleets to Opt Out of this feature.

If anyone couls simply disable that feature, what would be the point of having it in the first place ? All fleet leaders would disable it and when one of those leaders leaves the game, no one can take over, ever. Fleet dead.... :confused:
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013

On that note, maybe it would be nice if a Gateway login counted as "activity" as well. That way if you're insanely busy life prevents you from playing the game for 6 months you can at least login to the Gateway and mess with one of your toons from a smartphone or tablet to avoid losing your position as a fleet leader.

I was wondering about this. Not that I plan to be out of game for any huge length of time. Does a Gateway login count as an in-game login?
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    If anyone couls simply disable that feature, what would be the point of having it in the first place ? All fleet leaders would disable it and when one of those leaders leaves the game, no one can take over, ever. Fleet dead.... :confused:

could always move to another one not like u really loose anything u keep your fleet credits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are conducting our final checks as I type and will have you back in-game shortly!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

SHORTLY
    is the new SOON.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you could have done that 2 hrs ago...like i did

Never a wise idea. Sometimes the early patch needs to be patched (like when Bran comes on, and tells us it's going to take 1 hour longer), and you could wind up with half a broken system (if the game erroneously has you flagged as already having done the patch). I simply always wait until the sever is officially open for business again, then download the patch.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.