Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 3 [Now Complete]

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    havenitehavenite Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you trying to imply that they deliberately did this to make you miss the deadline? If that's what you're trying to do, that makes very little sense.

Hmmm..or maybe...just a thought...but they might not have been able to access the game due to work or whatever yesterday but were counting on being able to grab it during the 30-minute window before it expired .... sort of like me... :(
    Maybe they could just sort of extend the period for 30 or 60 minutes when they do these extended maintenance down times??
  • Options
    ejames127ejames127 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem

Can't log on to grab the freebie because of maintenance and maintenance has been extended past the end of the giveaways end.
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys had all day yesterday to claim this. A whole 24 hours, and claiming it would have taken you a total of 2 minutes. Step 1: login to game. Step 2: choose Federation character. Step 3: go to C-store, claim Yellowstone Runabout. Step 4. Hit Esc, Choose Character. Step 5: Repeat steps 2 and 3 but choose Klingon character and To'Duj Fighter.
  • Options
    lavinjolplavinjolp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys had all day yesterday to claim this. A whole 24 hours, and claiming it would have taken you a total of 2 minutes. Step 1: login to game. Step 2: choose Federation character. Step 3: go to C-store, claim Yellowstone Runabout. Step 4. Hit Esc, Choose Character. Step 5: Repeat steps 2 and 3 but choose Klingon character and To'Duj Fighter.

What if someone was working that day and in GTM+1 zone came from work the day after in 15:00h and tried to claim free gift and maintenance was up?:confused:
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, hey, now I can put the Type-6 material on the Danube. Awesome.
  • Options
    arcadia171earcadia171e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Id love to have claimed it but you put downtime such a good timezone to annoy UK players..

Why must you make us suffer with downtime when you put a free item to claim on a timer?

Cant this freebie be extended by a few hours to make up for this DT.
  • Options
    mgs010lunamgs010luna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was away from home yesterday got back today at 5pm CET, I know the maintenance would be up so just hoping if you guys extend the summer gift day 3 after the maintenance, would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    clingingmarsclingingmars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People did have an extended period to claim this item but it would be a show of good faith by Cryptic to extend the period due to the downtime. I don't think that's asking for the world.
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lavinjolp wrote: »
    So I can't claim it because of the maintenance form 7AM till 10:30AM and this offer expires 10AM. LOL How convenient ... :mad:

Well, no, you cant claim it, because you where unable to log in during the last 21 Hours
  • Options
    clingingmarsclingingmars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cryptic shouldn't exted the free stuff time.

BECAUSE...

everytime when there's something for a limited time people come crying at the end that they weren't able to get it and cryptic almost everytime extends they timewindow.
    You could say people already gotten lazy and expecting that its extended anyway so why should they hurry up to claim it?

It's time to learn for those people. claim it as early as early as you can or live with it that you don't have it.

People don't work 24 hours straight not even 20 hours. If you have a long shift you got breaks between and if they are really eager to get the stuff almost any laptop does fine with logging into STO even the older one's. remember: it doesn't have to work fluent beacause you don't wanna play...you just need to login with the lowest graphical settings and claim it.

If you are on vacation and not home over a day then thats you problem and you have to live with it that you don't get everything like it is in real life.
This discussion has been closed.