What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 3 [Now Complete]

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    You are not alone.

Before Cryptic started this promotional, I had already owned the day one and two items. When it comes to this neat little shuttle, I do not need to claim the ship. I already own the Delta Flyer.

Cryptic is doing a great job with this promotional. If I were still a rookie player, I would have grabbed all three items. Very nicely done.

Actually, the Yellowstone's engine is pretty decent on other shuttles. I'd claim it if I were you.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Sweet, thanks. The Yellowstone looks much cooler than the regular Runabout I think, and looks are important in space!

And also I noticed I got an ability to summon a Yellowstone Runabout in the action bars, probably a glitch?

Nope...

The pet is included per the 'revised' blog.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This was a very nice surprise, Cryptic. I expected the Peregrine or the Delta Flyer since that was craftable once upon a time, but to see the Yellowstone class come out? I'm happy! And my Orion got a decent small craft, too!

Now, to jack the impulse engine and put it on all my Stalkers.
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Thank you! :)

A general question regarding factions. Would Romulan characters aligned with either faction be able to claim the respective ship as well?

For these particular ships, which are small craft, my testing indicates the answer is "yes".

My understanding is that they can claim any ship "lower" than tier 4. (I'm sure they can't claim tier 5 -- I have tried and failed. I do not know about tier 4 either way.)
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't got the Yellowstone or the To'Duj, btw the Yellowstone is the ugliest ship in STO, but the console on the Yellowstone would be nice. However I'm not claiming them for free on principle, giving away stuff that people have paid for is just wrong. Why bother buying stuff from the Z-store, at some point you might get it free! :(
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Nope...

Yeah thanks, I tried to summon it from the runabout. d'oh.
    signwidrona.png
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eyyyy, the first item I haven't bought already (the to'duj) xD

Thank you.
    I need a beer.

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the freebies! Even the ones I already have. :P
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay for you Negative Nellies from yesterday about no klingon items:

Today?s FREE Klingon C-Store item is the To?Duj Fighter!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Nope...

Pet was always mentioned in the blog, but it mentioned it was automatic when the pet is actually going into your overflow bag.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SWEET!!!!!, thanks cryptic :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WOW ... What a difference 24 hours makes.

The past 48 hours there has been nothing but cripes and moaning over the uniforms. But today ... The love for Cryptic on the forum is too much to take in LOL

Just proves really that all comes good if you just have faith.

Again to Brandon and the whole STO team again thank you thank you thank.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awww, and just bought the Yellowstone a month ago, too. Was hoping for the Peregrine. Oh well.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awww, and just bought the Yellowstone a month ago, too. Was hoping for the Peregrine. Oh well.

You never know what tomorrow will bring. Wishes and miricles do sometimes happen. If not then hey maybe next time around.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Okay for you Negative Nellies from yesterday about no klingon items:

Today?s FREE Klingon C-Store item is the To?Duj Fighter!

Yup. But the feds are still 3-1 up ;)
    I need a beer.

• nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Cryptic. :D
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Latest freebies are greatly appreciated. Many thanks Cryptic. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was hoping the Fed shuttle wasn't the Peregrine, actually... I've only bought the main three fighters (Peregrine, To'duj, Scorpion). With its Tetryon-Plasma impulse engine, the Yellowstone is actually the shuttle I'd been hoping for.

I already had the To'duj, but it's the only C-Store KDF shuttle, so no big surprise there.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have everything in cstore but thanks anyway ,Im sure those who dont have these will be happy to claim them for free :D
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't got the Yellowstone or the To'Duj, btw the Yellowstone is the ugliest ship in STO, but the console on the Yellowstone would be nice. However I'm not claiming them for free on principle, giving away stuff that people have paid for is just wrong. Why bother buying stuff from the Z-store, at some point you might get it free! :(

You logic completely escapes me. Its the first time they have done free items in the Z-store that I know of. But now that they have done it once for a couple of items you are saying not to buy anything because it all might be free some day?

And not claiming it for free on principle because others have had to pay for it.. that makes even less sense.

I bought the Yellowstone, I don't mind that people get it for free now. Its unfortunate for the people that bought it recently but thats just bad luck. Like buying a ship then the ship sale starts, or buying keys and then they go on sale. Not much you can do but sigh.

Of the times they have given away I have had 3 or 4 of them. I'm curious if I'll already have the rest of the items but will not really worry about it if I do and will be happy for the newbies that get free stuff.
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's the non-combat pet :) You can get it into your normal inventory once you have space.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I do have space, that's the kicker. lol

Can live without the pet, just the overflow button stuck on my inventory is kinda annoying.
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow! 4 gifts in one, this week just keeps getting better , truly thanks you guys are awesome.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woohoo. I had neither ships. Great stuff! Happy days.
    /Floozy
  • turtlebolturtlebol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool reward, but i wish the Klingon shuttle got a cool bonus like the Yellowstone.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice one, thanks guys!
    I hadn't either one of these yet. Thank you!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm wondering if the next two days awards will be based off of Enterprise and TNG.

Monday - DS9 Uniform
    Tuesday - TOS Tunic Uniform
    Wednesday - Voyager Shuttle/Original Ship

Maybe tomorrow will see the release of the TNG T3 Akira/Excelsior with the KDF K'Tinga Retrofit/Vor'Cha. Friday, the D'kyr for Feds and the Somraw Raptor for the KDF?

Just running through things in my head.
  • killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't have either of these ships either. Thanks Cryptic, for the great game, and the freebies this week.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good thing i remembered that i could claim it for my fed-rom as well.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Odd, expected the Peregrine Fighter as the To'duj's counterpart, oh well, good thing I got my stipend so I can get the Peregrine anyhow. xD
    STO%20Sig.png~original
This discussion has been closed.