test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is anyone getting zen from peanut labs?

Comments

• sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Most surveys I've completed have paid out.

Sometimes the browser's back button allows you to change your answers if they initially disqualify you.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I always love the 10 minute surveys you fill out that say "sorry you dont qualify" oh really? I just did this for free huh?

Sad this every one of them say that. Good thing I have a junk email for this stuff.

Also the videos dont pay out. 3 zen..you cheap turds, just pay it sheesh.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have always assumed its a scam
    Live long and Prosper
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I decided to give this a try to see what would happen. First thing though was I opened an additional email account, one I would never use other than this specific purpose. I also have an old bank account that still has a little money it it, but I never use for anything. I still have the debit card for it as well.

I went through and more than half the offers I was DQ'd for after spending about 10 minutes answering questions. That was incredibly annoying. It seems as soon as you give them an answer they aren't looking for, they DQ you with no compensation. I did a few of the free trial offers. Some offered as much as 1500 zen. One I was able to go through and cancel right away without issue. The other three it seems purposely hide their contact information so you cannot get a hold of anyone to cancel the service. I did get the zen payout though. I ended up calling the bank because each of those "free trial" offers already pinged the account so there were contact numbers left. I quickly had the bank put a hold on the account because I had a feeling I was going to have some issues and sure enough, a couple of the phone numbers were incorrect so basically, I have no way to cancel these "free trials." Good thing is my bank though. They will not allow any of those companies to ping my card again (not like it matters, I have maybe $20 in that account).

I just find it unsettling that PWE would do business with a company that operates in this way. Some of these places are very shady and they make it impossible to cancel your free trials. The only recourse I had was reporting my card stolen and freezing my account. I know people will say it's not Perfect World doing this. Still, they are in bed with them and it makes me wonder about who I am doing business with.

Oh, and to make this funny, that email account I set up had over 100 spam emails in just over a day. Again, I know it's not perfect world doing the spamming, but if PWE was my friend and I knew they were doing business with a drug dealer...sorry, but I'm not hanging around with you anymore.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've gotten thousands of zen out of this system. I've never gotten anything from the surveys, those are a waste of time, but you can get a lot from the trial sign-ups. Netflix is the big one of course, but also game fly I think and a few others. They are worth a lot, and regardless of how seedy PeanutLabs are, places like Netflix are legitimate businesses that WILL honor your request to end a free trial before you get charged, so there's nothing to lose. I for one never had a problem ending a trial, every one of them had a way to do it right on their site. I never had to make any calls at all.
  • xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I never got a single offer from Peanut Labs, no idea why. So I can't really say.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've posted about this on several different threads...

I have been taking the survey since oh September 2012.

In total since I started doing the surveys, I have gotten over 10,000 zen.
    Yes, you read that right and its not a typo. ;)

I have bought things form the c-store like keys (10 packs), costume slots, DOFF complement increases, and ships. Shoot, I bought the Vesta line (3 pack) all with Zen obtained form surveys.

Now, I not going to say that it isn't easy, or fast. I can go days without getting anything from the surveys. Also the opposite is true, one day last week I got over 1200 Zen in one day alone!

It does take some persistence and patience. I will also go along with some who posted in this thread about the offers, which can be scam, spam, and so forth.

I generally stay away from them, even though I created a new email account just for this purpose.

But, like I said above, be persistent and patient, the zen will come. Also, I have found that if a survey doesn't grant Zen, i can contact Peanut Labs customer service and they usually resolve it to my satisfaction within 48 hours. Sometimes their ruling is against me, but the explanation is to my satisfaction.

So, take the surveys, and unless your feeling brave, or you have spam measures in place, take the offers. But it does work, it you keep at it.
  • rikevrikev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I've posted about this on several different threads...

I have been taking the survey since oh September 2012.

In total since I started doing the surveys, I have gotten over 10,000 zen.
    Yes, you read that right and its not a typo. ;)

I have bought things form the c-store like keys (10 packs), costume slots, DOFF complement increases, and ships. Shoot, I bought the Vesta line (3 pack) all with Zen obtained form surveys.

Now, I not going to say that it isn't easy, or fast. I can go days without getting anything from the surveys. Also the opposite is true, one day last week I got over 1200 Zen in one day alone!

It does take some persistence and patience. I will also go along with some who posted in this thread about the offers, which can be scam, spam, and so forth.

I generally stay away from them, even though I created a new email account just for this purpose.

But, like I said above, be persistent and patient, the zen will come. Also, I have found that if a survey doesn't grant Zen, i can contact Peanut Labs customer service and they usually resolve it to my satisfaction within 48 hours. Sometimes their ruling is against me, but the explanation is to my satisfaction.

So, take the surveys, and unless your feeling brave, or you have spam measures in place, take the offers. But it does work, it you keep at it.

You are in the minority and being used as a sucker to drag more players in to the scam. That is how this **** works.

The fact people have to set up fake E-Mails and details are proof that these scumbags doing these surveys aren't to be trusted.
    Hi, my name is Nigel. I'm your group's healer.
  • coessecoesse Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have been filling in these some last night and a few this morning....

After filling out 10 sureveys and watching 3 videos only 1 survey and the 2 videos gave me any zen at all.

All of these surveys were completed through to the part they say thank you so it wasnt disqualification.

Pleasee sort this out as at the moment this is just a rip off
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this thing even working right now? For more than a month, every time I try to view the offers page, it tells me they have nothing available and that I should check back later... weird, since it worked perfectly for me until last december.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The SponsorPay Netflix 1019 zen offer was surprisingly clean and reliable. I got my zen within a day of registering, cancelled my account before the month was out and wasn't charged a penny. I would not touch the surveys with a barge pole however. Everything in PeanutLabs looks like a horrid scam. Stay away folks.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • darrentansley1darrentansley1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    to be honest i wouldnt recommend any if it as they dont pay out and your giving way to much information for no reason at all

AVOID
    Trident Gaming community

Recruitment Officer Darren
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Who takes responsibility for the banners? Shouldn't be Cryptic since they are advertising on forums? SponsorPay is much better than Peanut labs.

Just wasted time and money with a new enrollment for Gamefly and did not work for me. I left countless of emails to Peanut labs but they are scam... be aware and dont waste your time with Peanut labs....:mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After filling out 10 sureveys and watching 3 videos only 1 survey and the 2 videos gave me any zen at all.

I started documenting the surveys I took. Some of them didn't pay out the amount of Zen that were promised in the offer, some of them didn't pay at all.

It takes a bit longer now, but I write down which surveys i take, make a screenshot of the initial offer, the "thank you" page at the end of the survey and another one of my browser history which lists the specific URL for each page visited during the survey.

If they don't pay up or don't pay the promised amount, I use the contact form and attach the above screenshots. I've gotten my Zen and an e-mail with an apology when I reminded them everytime.
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the offers page i see like 20 surveys for peanut labs, only one time i saw sponsorpay or something like that but there was no survey to take, anyway all the peanut labs offers, including the 3 zen video i can't make it pass the first page, all say take another one or video is no longer available... someone has the same problem?
  • lordhamsandwichlordhamsandwich Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After watching a few of the videos and getting 3 zen each time, I tried the lovefilm offer to get 1323 zen. Signed up over 36 hours ago using the peanut labs 2 months for the price of 1 page with the code already in the box. Hell I even turned off ad blocking and allowed third party cookies because I was worried it wouldn't work. Paid, love film account activated, watched a film, still no zen.

And the kicker? It isn't showing up in the peanut labs transaction history. All the ones for 3 zen are showing up though. I guess this is so they can try and deny that I ever signed up to lovefilm (even though my lovefilm account clearly shows that I have the 2 for 1 offer on the subscription page). The lovefilm offer just keeps showing up in the list as if I never signed up it!

I'm guessing they just lure you in with the small zen amounts then when you pay money for one of the offers they just TRIBBLE you over. Half of the survey pages don't even load properly. Some of the videos don't pay out either, but at least the low value zen offers show up in the transaction history and force you to contact them to get the measley amount of zen they promised. They probably do it because they think people will not spend the time complaining for such a small amount of zen.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After watching a few of the videos and getting 3 zen each time, I tried the lovefilm offer to get 1323 zen. Signed up over 36 hours ago using the peanut labs 2 months for the price of 1 page with the code already in the box. Hell I even turned off ad blocking and allowed third party cookies because I was worried it wouldn't work. Paid, love film account activated, watched a film, still no zen.

And the kicker? It isn't showing up in the peanut labs transaction history. All the ones for 3 zen are showing up though. I guess this is so they can try and deny that I ever signed up to lovefilm (even though my lovefilm account clearly shows that I have the 2 for 1 offer on the subscription page). The lovefilm offer just keeps showing up in the list as if I never signed up it!

I'm guessing they just lure you in with the small zen amounts then when you pay money for one of the offers they just TRIBBLE you over. Half of the survey pages don't even load properly. Some of the videos don't pay out either, but at least the low value zen offers show up in the transaction history and force you to contact them to get the measley amount of zen they promised. They probably do it because they think people will not spend the time complaining for such a small amount of zen.
    File a ticket with proof - such as copies of emails, etc. Someone from PW will look into it and you'll get a reply or the Zen within a couple of weeks.

Also keep in mind that those types of offers only work if you're a new client to the service. If you've had a Lovefilm account before you won't qualify - same with the Netflix offers.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a sliver player and i have got zen from the surveys, yesterday i got 500 and used it to buy 2 ship slots, previously i have used it to buy more officer slots, max doff slots slots 400, max space in my inventory and bank. EC cap increase. Gekli and even traded zen for dilithium when i was doing the romulan rep trying to get reman set.

Next on my list is account bank, scorpion fighter. peanut labs is the one that pays the others... not so reliable.

If you can get just 1 survey done, you got more dilithium than your daily 8000 limit.... and it takes less time than grinding for the dilithium.
  • ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have done tons of peanut surveys and I've earned close to 5000 zen in the last 4 months. I would never do any of the offers that request personal information. In general the surveys never ask for personal information and when one does (and it's quite rare) I just skip it.

The surveys fall into three categories.

First there are some that just work like they are supposed to. I fill out the survey and get my credit right away. For me the zen always shows up right away when I complete a survey. I have never had a survey actually say "you've completed the survey" and not gotten my credit. I have not kept detailed records but I would say for me this has been about 10% of the surveys I've tried.

Secondly there are surveys that ask a few screening questions, maybe a minute or two, and then tell me I am disqualified. I have no problem with these and they are the vast majority, probably 80-85%.

The third category is quite annoying and I would estimate are 5% to 10% of the surveys I've tried. These are the ones that take me through a bunch of survey questions; 10, 15, even 20 minutes and then tell me I'm disqualified because I don't meet the criteria. These are quite annoying because they waste my time for nothing. I believe that I get disqualified for these either because they don't like my answers so they don't record them (these are more the ones that have political implications) or they just don't want to pay for my participation so they get my data and then disqualify me so they don't have to pay. I've complained to Peanut on these on several occasions but that is a dead end and I've always gotten the brush-off.

In the end I've come to the conclusion that "you pays your money and you takes your chances" so to speak. I no longer bother to get angry after 20 minutes of filling out questions and then nothing. There is the risk of wasted time but there is also an opportunity to get the zen.

As I said, I've filled out a ton of surveys and I've earned between 4000 and 5000 zen in the last 4 months or so. To me that is worth it, but I could see how it could be annoying for many.

My suggestion is to know what you are in for, get what you can get and live with what you don't get. And I very much recommend never giving any personal information. I would also not bother complaining because talking to a brick wall is pretty pointless.

If you are willing to put up with the irritation you can earn significant zen.
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I tried a few surveys just now to see if anything has changed. It looks like something did change.

They're using a different survey site that's easier to use. I also noticed that the surveys are shorter and that I'm not getting disqualified when I'm far into the questions. I was able to complete several today and picked up a few hundred Zen for my efforts. Very nice.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not only do you not get the zen, but you get malware. CRYPTIC obviously knows of the crooked business penut labs engages in because it's been reported a million times to them on top of the bad rep they have on the internet.

So, here are the facts.

Cryptic knows p-labs gives you malware.

Cryptic has no intention of awarding free zen.

Cryptic lies about it.

There is no excuse for lying to your clients about using a crooked business partner to infect you with spyware.

What is CRYPTIC going to do?

Nothing. If they cared, they wouldn't have attempted to infect it's clients through another company. Corruptic is here to scam you out of money.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regarding your "facts"
    garside wrote: »
    Cryptic knows p-labs gives you malware.

Possible, but unproven.
    Cryptic has no intention of awarding free zen.

False. Plenty of people have gotten free zen.
    Cryptic lies about it.

False.

Anyway, TAANSTAFL.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Regarding your "facts"

Possible, but unproven.

False. Plenty of people have gotten free zen.

False.
    Anyway, TAANSTAFL.

---
    if tons of people, including myself, get malware and testify to it, how is it not proven? Also, cryptic's blog about this clearly states the offers no longer have malware and such. they acknowledge there was malware, so you just dont know what youre talking about.

---
    not me, not anyone i know, so once again, 1st and 2nd hand information says youre wrong.

---
    no clue what this means, but youre other points have no support, so it's clear youre just talking out of your "somewhere".

This thread is about addressing the problem, not comforting your cognitive dissidence when faced with evidence. I won't waste any more time addressing people who don't acknowledge the problem. If your brain doesnt work, that's another thread.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not me, not anyone i know, so once again, 1st and 2nd hand information says youre wrong.

Apparently you're not familiar with the problem of trying to prove a negative. Enjoy.
    This thread is about addressing the problem, not comforting your cognitive dissidence when faced with evidence. I won't waste any more time addressing people who don't acknowledge the problem. If your brain doesnt work, that's another thread.

"Cognitive dissonance." If you're going to attempt to sound smart, it helps to actually know what you're talking about.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've gotten free ZEN from those offers.

Theory debunked.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've gotten plenty of free zen from the offers, enough to buy a couple ships. And no malware.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got free zen too,

if your worried about malware, get a decent malware scanner/ antivirus
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah its not worth it. 9 zen here. 3 zen there and an inbox with 1200 spam mails and malware to boot.
  • admanf2padmanf2p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Awesome. Just awesome. Go back to your marketing or psych class and tell them you need to retake that section. You obviously heard the words, but didn't really get the gist.

As for the free zen, I've got a little less than 800zen from the surveys. If you're doing the ones where they TELL YOU they are putting monitoring software on your computer (which it does if you took the time to read the description) then you're doubly doing it wrong.

Stick to surveys - not the free trials or "monitored action" applications.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've gotten free Zen from those offers, I stopped doing them when I started getting harassing phone calls. Some offers use to lead you in circles and kept getting more and more info, but never ended and never rewarded Zen, supposedly PWE cleared those out. I will not be doing them again. I did get malware from one of the offers, MSE caught it, I reported them and they never showed for me again. I also try to avoid any of the offers that required software or you to run through a VPN (yes, there were some).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D