test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is anyone getting zen from peanut labs?

13»

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is no such thing as free zen.... you pay for it one way or another.... I personally rely on paying for it with my Visa, as I don't want to pay for it with adware and TRIBBLE.
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've gotten over 1000 zen in all the time i've done it. No malware, no downloads. Yes it took time but never had a problem with it.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic don't offer you Zen.

Perfect World Entertainment, now they do and they have partners with Peanut Labs and the others in order to get some free Zen.
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Peanut Labs don't like my ip :(

but remember a good lie is easier to believe than the truth, Never be afraid to mislabel a product and a contract is a contract is a contract ... but only between Ferengi. :D
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    garside wrote: »
    Nothing. If they cared, they wouldn't have attempted to infect it's clients through another company. Corruptic is here to scam you out of money.

You've renewed my interest in purchasing more stock in Reynold's.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just did one of the surveys this week, got my Zen right away. I've never had any problems with it, but I do not participate in the offers. Those are a quick way onto email/call lists and nothing more. The surveys are legit, just don't do any of the "offers."
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • antharprime#3778 antharprime Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I spent about 10 minutes answering questions and near the end they disqualified me and denied the Zen. I don't mind putting in a little time to answer a few questions in exchange for some Zen but being ripped off on a technicality in their system that essentially doesn't allow you to finish that last 5% of the survey is straight up a rip off.:mad:
  • loiresquallloiresquall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have earned practically every Zen I've ever owned through PeanutLabs and SponsorPay, and it's just paid for my Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit and Borg DOff.

I've found PeanutLabs to be more reliable on payouts than SponsorPay, although I will say that you need to watch out for the fact that, for me at least, 75% of their "offers" are from the same two places (getmeaticket.com and myoffers.co.uk), and the former never pays out.

Also, be sure to have all ad- and cookie- blocking software you usually use disabled, otherwise nothing will be tracked and you'll never get paid.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have tried it out just to see if it worked, I know of no one that was able to complete a survey, but it doesn't stop from first getting all your information and asking several questions before it tells you that you do not qualify.

I stopped after three fails and have not returned after reports from fleeties that there is never a payout for similar circumstances.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have gotten over 4000 zen from Peanut labs. That said though they will rip you off. Last month I had four outstanding offers/surveys. I went and opened support tickets at Peanut Labs and got the exact same cut and paste response for all of them. They didn't ask for screenshots or anything to prove that I had completed them. They basically just swept me under the rug and I got so fed up that I opened a BBB complaint. After about two or three weeks going back and forth through BBB I finally got my zen.

You would think after filing a BBB complaint I would have had nothing more to do with them. But I decided to give them another try. You would think maybe they would have learned something after having a complaint filed with the BBB, right? They haven't. I completed an offer on Oct. 1st. On Oct. 2nd no points so I opened a ticket. As luck would have it I took screenshot of both my verification email as well as the website I signed up for in response to the offer. Both confirm the date I signed up is the same date I did the offer.

So I opened the ticket and attached the screenshots. No response, not even the cut and paste response I got last time. So I sent an email today to support@peanutlabs.com (the email address they gave me to contact after I filed my BBB complaint), no response so far. I almost suspect at this time if I want to see the zen I will have to file a BBB complaint again. And regardless if I get my zen this time, I will not bother with Peanut Labs again. They are completely unreliable.
  • jarkaruusjarkaruus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    darshie101 wrote: »
    I am curious to know if this whole zen/c-points thing with peanut labs is just a big waste of time; where people just fall in the trick to give info for money that they will never see.

I've tried to see if this was another waste of time or not, and completed few surveys, getting 3 zen here, 5 there; for a total of probably 15 or so.

Then I saw that they had this cool 1300 zen for a subscription to Netflix.....so I told myself that I will use Netflix anyway, so I went ahead and subscribed to Netflix.

Well, in the end I got no zen for the transaction.

My first thought is that the free thing works only if you get few zen at time; while for big transaction, you get nothing....they will find a bunch of excuses to justify the fact that you didn't got the zen that you expected; but in the meantime they have got the referral trough my transaction.

I hope that it was just a mistake from their side....we will see what happens (I've opened a ticket with their support system).

If this is the case, I wonder how many users here had similar issue, and if they ever got the zen that were promised by peanut lab

Otherwise I would like to warn Cryptic/PW and all the users about the issue with peanut labs; so you guys are aware that something is not right, and every one can take a stance and decide if there are basis to start a legal action (other companies has been persecuted pretty hard for false advertising involving data collected from users).

I am playing this game since closed beta, I am sure that Cryptic/PW would never allow any kind of mess with companies using their name and IP.

I hope that this is just a big mistake, but in the meantime I am looking around to see what is the general feedback about peanut lab and their free zen offers, from other users.

Thanks in advance.

Don't bother, it's a scam, and ****yc labs doesn't give a flying TRIBBLE about us anymore. They're heads are too deep in NEverwinters TRIBBLE.
  • borggestborggest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I usually run through the available surveys when they are doing shard maintenance, but in the last few weeks every single one has told me "cannot contact that partner" or "this survey isn't right for you, choose another"

I'm left to wonder if there isn't a cap for the number of surveys you can complete?

I've earned thousands of Zen through Peanut Labs, sometimes the points come through, sometimes not. I've never gotten a response from support tickets, so I imagine they are either completely overwhelmed, or they just don't actually staff their support.

I have a feeling it's most likely bad software, rather than malicious intent that keeps the points from being recorded.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have never had problems getting Zen from the ones where you subscribe to something and then immediately cancel the subscription before a payment cycle begins, of which there have been several besides netflix, though that was the big one. It really helped me save up for the ship I was after at the time.

Don't even try to do the surveys.
  • kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    iv always had problems with peanut labs even in the past like today did about 10 offers toalin about 600 zen and they have only given me about 150 at the most even downloaded a game for an offer that turned out to be a virus
  • solafide420solafide420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I completed many offers for free Zen, paid and unpaid, even told me I was 'awarded'...

OK, after cleaning a few viruses from the links, and completing some offers I didn't really need, why is the reward not forthcoming?

So what if I paid for Zen, used it then disputed the transaction? That would be wrong, stealing, and probably would get me banned...my question is this, why is it OK for PW and STO to scam me?

They post an offer they have no desire or intention to follow through, help you or even respond to your ticket, but when you charge Zen they have no problem taking your money within seconds.
    I hate scammers, liars, and cheaters and I expect better from what should be a legitimate company providing a legitimate product in an honest, ethical way.

Fine, maybe I don't spend thousands, but I have and do spend money, I follow the TOS and expect the same, but they refuse to deliver or keep their word..
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the issue with peanut labs or buying zen?

Peanut labs have many different "companies" that need to submit information to PWE in order for you to get the zen. Not PWE fault per se
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Is the issue with peanut labs or buying zen?

Peanut labs have many different "companies" that need to submit information to PWE in order for you to get the zen. Not PWE fault per se

It is PW's fault if they advertise something that do not work or better yet grant few trojan's as a gift. If they advertise such service, it is their responsibility to check that promises on links are kept OR make note on the advertising about how not everything may work as promised.

I took a glance to these services that was linked on their page and they just looked like normal scam services getting your information, that does not mean they are that in fact.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I tried those one time and my security software went crazy with warnings.

Never again.
  • darshie101darshie101 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just gave up on them; filed a complaint against all the major companies that does customer service surveys; alerted the BBB; filed a formal complaint against the company and forwarded to all the game related magazines and companies, that has contact with them, about their methods, and the fact that if they don't care, because they get subscriptions and free publicity; they are also getting bad mouthed because of their behavior.

I did my part to make others aware; that was my objective, and I am glad that people is aware of it. I am ok if someone is aware of it but try anyway; it is like to smoke or drink...you are aware of the downside, so if you want to do it anyway, I am fine with it.

Thank you all for bringing up your voice in this thread. It makes me feel less alone and less stupid, to believe that someone would actually give me something for real, in exchange for my precious time filling surveys.
  • greyfoot7492greyfoot7492 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Played a facebook game wich uses peanut labs and offered some free things for doing surveys, watching movies and signing up for deals. Peanut labs is used by many scam fronts because they don't check the true identity of thier business venders. Had to turn off some of my phone's capabilities and still from time to time i get the odd phone call if i use that facebook account for any type of game. Buyer beware and free offers always have a cost when dealing with peanut labs. Those who have no problems with them should buy a lotto ticket. :D
  • agentzhienagentzhien Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Completed a Godaddy.com promo through Peanut Labs, was supposed to get 2140 Zen but got nothing. I submitted a report to them (along with the actual transaction number so they could contact Godaddy for reference), but after 72 hours they responded that they couldn't verify my transaction and to have a nice day :P. I tried to call Peanut Labs directly, but their main office line had a recorded message telling me to call another number for customer support needs. The kicker was that when I called that number, it just had an automated message telling me to email them.

Of course I emailed them, but haven't even gotten an automated "we got your email" response; the email address is probably hardwired to automatically dump all incoming mail into the trash.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope. And all I see is Peanut Labs now, no matter how many times I reloaded.

Clicked on an offer for zen for my email addy. Submitted it and got the coupon to shop at the store... still no zen.

The other company they used was called Sponsorpay paid out in mintues after completion. Cant get Sponsorpay to show up anymore.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have had a more and more difficult time getting any zen from ALL offers you have report them wait a day and report again then 25% of the time you get the zen.. waste of time effort and your privacy, I stopped as of like 2 weeks ago.. So this wall now = A SCAM period.
  • agentzhienagentzhien Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    agentzhien wrote: »
    Completed a Godaddy.com promo through Peanut Labs, was supposed to get 2140 Zen but got nothing. I submitted a report to them (along with the actual transaction number so they could contact Godaddy for reference), but after 72 hours they responded that they couldn't verify my transaction and to have a nice day :P. I tried to call Peanut Labs directly, but their main office line had a recorded message telling me to call another number for customer support needs. The kicker was that when I called that number, it just had an automated message telling me to email them.

UPDATE: After writing directly to their support@peanutlabs.com address I finally heard back yesterday. They asked for me to send them a screenshot of my receipt, which I did, and today they credited me the full amount. Those of you having trouble with your purchases, you may want to try that venue, the results may be better.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Although I knew better I wasted time on surveys again. They took all my answers (accurate or not ;) ) and disqualified me on the very last click (please provide your ZIP code).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lowery99lowery99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would suggest people stay away from these scams.

I tried the credit report one a while back. Clicked on the link in the list and it went to the site.

I put in all my info to create an account, but altered my name and address by a few letters, just in case it was a scam. NEVER had I used that alteration before in my life. Got through all the signup and info and verification pages and the final page comes up with: You already have an account created.

So I go through the "lost password" thing, get into my account and what do I see? All my alterations are on the account. All they did was create an account for me, then at the final page say it already existed and rejected paying out the referral.

I called and cancelled minutes later and the woman claims I already had an account, but when I asked when it was created she claims "today". Then they go on to finalize a charge for $1 a month later (it was supposed to drop off, but it finalized) and calling again they say they's credit it and never do... So I called the credit card company and filed a dispute and 24 hours later here come the credits from them.

All SCAMS. You might get lucky here and there with one, but for the majority of people they will find a way to scam you and not pay while collecting all your data.