test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 3 [Now Complete]

Comments

• vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woo a yellowstone that was the one shuttle I really wanted but never thought they'd give that one away.:D:cool:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Good thing i remembered that i could claim it for my fed-rom as well.

You know you don't need to claim it on all alts right away, as long as you claim it on one. It's an account wide unlock.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretty cool something i don't have!:) Thanks Cryptic!
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • darkzovdarkzov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1st post on this forum.....

Was expecting a Peregrine, ( which is the direct counterpart to the To'Duj), but a Yellowstone is great too.

Thank Cryptic!

:)
  • callumphcallumph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A great freebie in general, but still no love for the Romulans -- we're all still just Feds/Klingons with widows peaks; how hard would it have been to give the Roms their own shuttle.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Starfleet, and KDF characters, thank you again Cryptic team.:)
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    H btw the Yellowstone is the ugliest ship in STO,(

Not a fan of the design either, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could change the skin to the Danube Runabout in the ship tailor! :D
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • pontiac76pontiac76 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm 4 for 4 myself on the win side of things. TYVM.

I play with two accounts. One is 100% F2P, the other is LTS and about $150 overhead in zen. I wasn't a fan of the costumes because I'm not an aesthetic kind of guy, but, my 8 characters all now have shuttles. :]

Thanks! Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • captmal105captmal105 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sweet googly ice cream, this is really a 3 item freebie, I didn't have either ship and the Yellowstone also comes with a Yellowstone pet item. That's a 3 scoop of STO ice cream to go with dinner today, THANKS!
  • sirsinjinsirsinjin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm wondering if the next two days awards will be based off of Enterprise and TNG.

Monday - DS9 Uniform
    Tuesday - TOS Tunic Uniform
    Wednesday - Voyager Shuttle/Original Ship

Maybe tomorrow will see the release of the TNG T3 Akira/Excelsior with the KDF K'Tinga Retrofit/Vor'Cha. Friday, the D'kyr for Feds and the Somraw Raptor for the KDF?

Just running through things in my head.

I was thinking about the same thing. Probably the Excelsior and a T3 refit. The Dacoit would be spiffy, though. :)

EDIT: Many thanks to Crpytic. I haven't had any of the give aways yet. I did buy the Excelsior, though, so we'll see.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Not a fan of the design either, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could change the skin to the Danube Runabout in the ship tailor! :D

See, I think it looks awesome. The only reason I didn't buy it before is because the Delta Flyer is better. But now I have both.

Wouldn't life be boring if were were all the same?
  • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    captmal105 wrote: »
    Sweet googly ice cream, this is really a 3 item freebie, I didn't have either ship and the Yellowstone also comes with a Yellowstone pet item. That's a 3 scoop of STO ice cream to go with dinner today, THANKS!

Uhm, then its 4 not 3, the Klingon Version comes with a pet version too.

Btw. Many thanks to the Cryptic/PWE team, for giving away all those things, really appreciated!
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Definitely, very cool. (Which is not to say that the two previous days have not also been cool... but today's is definitely cool.) Thank you!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As Data once said: "YES!"

I've been wanting the Yellowstone for months and the fighter is just in time for the Vault mission.

Thanks again for these gifts, team. But don't forget to check the bugged pants for the uniforms, too, would be sad to have this giveaway damaged by long-running bugs.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fighter is the first thing I can get out of this, thank you, I think it's cool cryptic is doing this for those that haven't gotten these yet (and possibility wouldn't due to funding/time constraints)
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool, I don't have either of these. So I will gladly claim them. Thanks for the gift!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    at last something I did not have on either my fed or kdf ton's , got to say thanks on that one :) . not holding much hope tomorrow though ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Thank you! :)

A general question regarding factions. Would Romulan characters aligned with either faction be able to claim the respective ship as well?

oh yes :) and very nice to get 6 gifts for the price of one it is too.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These shouldn't be a problem for any char that has completed tutorial and RRF that have allied with Starfleet or KDF! Unluss all ship slots are full. That may be a problem for a lot of us...

Can't complain about the selection though! Thanks guys!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A great freebie in general, but still no love for the Romulans -- we're all still just Feds/Klingons with widows peaks; how hard would it have been to give the Roms their own shuttle.9

Very, since they've said time and again that the romulan stuff is too new for them to just give it away.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now this is more like it! These are the first free gifts I can truly appreciate. Thanks much. :)
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valetheon wrote: »
    I Do already. Even got rid of another right before just to be sure.

EDIT: Actually it did go to my ships, but still one in the overflow for some reason.

the one in the overflow is a non combat pet you might need to check your inventory to make sure you have space to retrieve it to.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this!
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • docsvendocsven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry guys and gals a new person here. I tried to claim it and it told me I have the max allowed ships already. I just started playing last night. Any ideas?
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    docsven wrote: »
    Sorry guys and gals a new person here. I tried to claim it and it told me I have the max allowed ships already. I just started playing last night. Any ideas?

Check to see if you have an available ship slot in the shipyard. The ship selector should say how many more slots you have available. If you don't have any slots left, dismiss a ship you don't use anymore.

edit(Assuming there isn't a level minimum for small craft. Its been so long for me I've completely forgotten).
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    docsven wrote: »

Yes. You have the maximum allowed ships already. ;)

Seriously though, you have two ship slots at Lieutenant, then gain one every 10 levels (and one extra after a certain mission).

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_slot

-K
  • kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @docsven, gain a few more ranks to open up ship slots then claim.

For the giveaway, its nice to see that they are giving us ships, it is very generous, HOWEVER, they yet again have not matched the Fed/KDF items, Fed's have 3 fighters that could have been given to match the KDF fighter, BUT since the KDF is badly lacking in the content area they have only one small craft available to give, Cryptic, you guys NEED to bring the KDF up to par with the Fed's.
  • enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much. First item that I did not have before. :)
    This are empty!
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Didn't have either of these myself so quite a nice welcome gift! :)

Got them today and will have to remember to fly a shuttle mission sometime to try them out lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.