test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Complete]

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Y'know, I keep hearing this about "broken split-bottom pants". I have no clue what you mean. Most of my Fed toons have those, and I'm not seeing any "lacy patterns"; as for not matching shirt textures exactly, well, my old Air Force uniform trousers had a different fabric from my uniform shirt - they were even two different shades of blue. Was my uniform "broken"?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • dmetrikepidmetrikepi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    So, to ask for something a tad on topic beyond all the bellyaching about free stuff people already and bugs that will hopefully be sorted out...

What is the current Zen total so far given away these two days?

1000k/recipient if obtaining both items, I think.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Y'know, I keep hearing this about "broken split-bottom pants". I have no clue what you mean. Most of my Fed toons have those, and I'm not seeing any "lacy patterns"; as for not matching shirt textures exactly, well, my old Air Force uniform trousers had a different fabric from my uniform shirt - they were even two different shades of blue. Was my uniform "broken"?

The pants were broken a little while back in a patch.

This is what they are supposed to look like.

This is what happened to them in the patch.

Basically the textures got all messed up from what they were supposed to be.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm beginning to see what's happening here. The devs have ignored this problem because, like you, they may not be experiencing it. Obviously, if you don't notice anything, it's because you are not affected by it (strange because I've already uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure it was not an error on my end), or maybe your gamma is turned way down.

Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/aB4ABs7.jpg

Now, as for the other problem, it is also a huge deal that people with male toons who actually bought any TOS uniform no longer have access to the soft boots.

You may not these these are a big deal, but the little details make or break a game in the long run. These are not bugs that are being "sorted out". We have been ignored. So, stop your ridiculous push back, and support your fellow players.

These are the equivalent of major typos in the publishing world. It's not professional.
    Greenbird
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Day 3: Orion bikini's for all! Men included! But not Feds.

Seriously. **** those guys.
    edited August 2013
    ^ Sonnikku from the Shenmue Dojo?
    Greenbird
  • fosterfacefosterface Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gave it a few hours. Still can't find the TOS Command uniform in the C-store or the tailor. It's like the uniform doesn't exist for me. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing it in the C-store. I can see all the other TOS fed uniform options. TOS medical, TOS mirror, TOS dress... no TOS Command anywhere.

What am I doing wrong here?
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I appreciate all the"free stuff" so far, even though I already have them.

The thing is it was never really a surprise what was gonna be given out - moistly low sellers that were pretty much part of some other promotion or Special Edition release at some point or another.

So is the ship going to be the TOS Enterprise? Because that would be lame also.
  • bcsg9erbcsg9er Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    0 fpr 2 so far. Great for those that don't have it. Hope I can net at least 1 of these this week.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, so much griping and complaining! Talk about a nightmare!

Well let me just say it, THANK YOU CRYPTIC FOR THE FREE STUFF!!!!!
    Thank you for all of it whether I have it or not.

So far on the uniforms I didn't have either so now I do.
    And as for tomorrows small crafts, whether they be the fighters for both factions or just the fighter for Klingons and a shuttle for Feds, doesn't matter, I don't have any of them so I'll be getting them tomorrow. Also its nice that the Romulans will have access to them too.

As for Thursday and Friday, well I've done some figuring and I think I know which ships you'll be giving away for the Klingons. Definitely also looking forward to getting those. But I''m not as sure on the Fed ships those days. There is a good chance I may already have them, but I'm hoping not. And I think Romulans will be able to use Thursdays free ships too, but nobody hold me to that, I'm just figuring/guessing/estimating here.

Still whether I have any of the items or not, thank you Cryptic for all of them. There are many players out there who don't have any of them but want them. It means a lot to us (some of us at least) that you are willing to give things away free now and then.:)
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Already had it from the ToS bundle many months ago, but thanks anyway. :)

For those who aren't seeing the outfit by itself in the appearance tab, or already had it and didn't know it, the fed ToS command tunic also comes with 'The Original Series Bundle' in the c-store. The bundle includes the Class F shuttle, ToS command tunic, ToS dress uniforms, ToS medical short sleeve tunic and nurse dress with boots, ToS constitution bridge/interior, and a scaling type II phaser pistol. (You can claim the bundle as many times as you want on any character of any faction to get as many of the phaser pistols as you want.)

The ToS command tunic in the c-store shows in the info that it comes with the tunic, trousers, and boots.

I don't remember if any of the fed ToS outfits came with the 'Boots Soft' but that's what is shown in the picture. Federation male captains and bridge officers no longer have the soft boots as a uniform option. They are available for off duty wear though. But, if any of the fed ToS outfits in the c-store *did* come with the soft boots, then that means since sometime when or after LoR launched, a lot of us have lost partial access to something we payed for. Cryptic is usually good about fixing problems with c-store items, but this time it seems they are taking their sweet time.

Even my male reman, female romulan, and male KDF klingon have access to the soft boots as a uniform, and off duty, option. But here is the thing: for my reman and romulan I have purchased the TnG romulan outfit from the c-store and it came with boots. The romulan TnG outfit boots are an EXACT copy of the fed soft boots. I see both the 24th century and soft boots in the tailor and when switching between them and doing a comparison, there is NO difference. So I'm guessing the missing boots for male feds is due to a glitch with the romulan TnG boots.
    edited August 2013
    We TOS customers have reported the soft boots problem countless times. They're not receptive. TNG customers have also reported the split bottom pants texture problem innumerable times. Again, they are not receptive. Rather than acknowledge paying customers' legitimate grievances, they kindly offer us two freebies that absolutely require both the split bottom pants and the soft boots! Salt on wound.

I will ask again and again, until I get a mere acknowledgement from someone important: is this a joke? Because you can't be serious.

It's like giving a homeless man a bowl of soup without a spoon. It can only be a sick prank. An accident is not possible. Do the devs have a disgruntled employee among them, sewing seeds of discontent?
    Greenbird
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You seriously just compared a costume part - a free costume part - in a video game with starving a homeless person? Really? You went there???
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate thread merges.
    pvp = small package
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate thread merges.

careful as you will get a warning if you mention anything to do with the forum mod's , I know lol as I have had said warnings
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited August 2013
    You seriously just compared a costume part - a free costume part - in a video game with starving a homeless person? Really? You went there???

I went there, and and I'll chase the devs 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flame before I give them up! These bugs will be fixed forthwith!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Greenbird
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    careful as you will get a warning if you mention anything to do with the forum mod's , I know lol as I have had said warnings

If I get a warning regarding my dislike of thread merges due to the fact that it makes tracking the conversation you were originally interested in difficult then there is something seriously wrong with the warning system.

It is interesting to note, that after skimming this thread I see little to no players who are "ONLY ROMULAN!!!" complaining about not getting anything Romulan at all during this giveaway. Yet you see several "KDF ONLY!!!" players all who appear to be very immature complaining about not getting items 2/5 days.
    pvp = small package
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Perhaps I am just more forthcoming with the truth then you would ever dare to be. When someone gives me a piece of c**p...I tell the it is a piece of c**p. I don't pretend to like things, as that is dishonest, and I am not a dishonest person.

When you educate people, and give them honest feedback, you set "improvement" in motion. I have made my feedback clear; the free stuff sucks. Cryptic and PWE can now take this to heart, and begin to improve their future give-aways.

I don't usually make a habit of replying to posts like this but...

In my experience, the only 'feedback' one is likely to get when acting like such a 'jerk', is a complete lack of Ever Getting Anything Else Free, Again.

If one were Paying for the items, then I could possibly see a much toned-down version of this, possibly being effective.

But as it stands right now, I think even his/her 'Grandparents' would be more than likely to ignore him/her for the rest of his/her life, when it comes to birthdays and Xmas's after a rant like this.

So much 'self-righteous' clap-trap in one post, is amazingly unbelievable.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Not in this game it doesn't, they just make the other 3 wheels squeak as well so you don't notice the first as much...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I guess a free Breen ship, free Odyssey , a free Corvette , a free Ambassador class, free Bortasqu, Free Kamarag, and coming soon Free Carrier don't count as free T5 end game ships that everyone can use.

Shush! You're impeding the whining! :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Proof at the lack of KDF content. Not even enough to give anything away.

:(
    HA! :D

They can't give anything away because there IS nothing to give away. hehe. Even the Romulan in their short life have gotten 2 uni packs (TOS, TNG).

I for one am glad to see them making an effort, it's a great gesture and something never done before, HOWEVER I have to agree, since it was stated that Romulan players would get nothing as they were 'too new' a Fed outfit for day one should have been countered by at least something KDF of the same value, yes it would have been hard as KDF toon's get no love in the clothing department and that is and has been a sore point for a long time and quite frankly NEEDS to be addressed and solved..
    By not matching the day1item for KDF it is yet again showing the community that KDF players are sub-par when compared to FED, and Rom, if things continue the way they are. This type of activity has got to stop, the KDF needs to be brought up to the level the FED's are at, then, ROM needs to be brought up to the same level.
    I am sincerely hoping that the next 3 items are not only equal in value for FED and KDF, but also equal in content. Since FED players have MANY more options for ships and such it will be interesting to see how they plan on giving KDF players ships EQUAL to a ship given to FED players.

Now again I have to say that the whole free giveaway is great and I am glad that have decided to at least try.

Hopefully the DEV's will actually pay attention to the points brought up by all who comment, and then take active and dedicated actions to correct the 'problems'....:confused:
    edited August 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Not in this game it doesn't, they just make the other 3 wheels squeak as well so you don't notice the first as much...

I thought this was a three wheeled car. ;)
    Greenbird
  • casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanks branflakes for the free stuff <3
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A big thank you for the days one and two give away. Looking forward to the rest of the week. :)
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the (virtual) threads! I hope that more than costumes will be given out but if only costumes are being given then the next one should be the Wrath of Khan, followed by Klingon costumes, then Rommie.
    Thanks to Branflakes, Cryptic and PWE!

Kudos!

On another note, Thank You neoakiraii! Adding to playlist and you helped me pick a name for one of the Corvettes my chars earned: Raiden!
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Round Two FIGHT!!!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • dmetrikepidmetrikepi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My bet is tomorrow will be the Tu'Doj fighter, Thursday will be the Teir 3 Advanced Science Vessel, Friday will be the Kar'Fi.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    However, Janice Lester wasn't exactly a reliable narrator. As has been stated before, she might well have been blaming her failure to pass the psychological exams needed for command on her being a woman, when in fact it would have been because she was teetering on the ragged edge of sanity even then. Look at how she acted in Kirk's body - like a hyperfeminist's caricature of a "real man".

You make a good point here but there is a bigger problem that is the "Turnabout Intruder." First of all it was in the last season of TOS, not endorsed by Roddenberry (Although Wikipedia says the episode was based on one of his idea's), but the real issue is it is quite possibly the worst and most chauvinistic episode of Star Trek ever produced. It has as little a comment on actual feminism as "Elaan of Troyius" (real bad episode for a number of similar reasons) is a comment on monarchy.

Plus, as Memory Alpha points out that Enterprise episode "Home" contradicts Lester's comment implying that she must have been wrong:

"Lester's line, 'Your world of starship captains doesn't admit women', was taken by some to mean that women could not yet become starship captains by this time. This was later disproved by the introduction of Captain Erika Hernandez in ENT: 'Home"'

So I don't think there is any problem with disregarding Lester's statement as a canonical fact. And the fact that Lester is bipolar and insane simply highlights that the writer, Arthur H. Singer, seemly had little interest in making a realistic, relate-able or rational character. And that is a real comment on the concept of feminism in Star Trek.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fosterface wrote: »
    Gave it a few hours. Still can't find the TOS Command uniform in the C-store or the tailor. It's like the uniform doesn't exist for me. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing it in the C-store. I can see all the other TOS fed uniform options. TOS medical, TOS mirror, TOS dress... no TOS Command anywhere.

What am I doing wrong here?

If you do not see it in c-store, you may have it from a previous giveaway.
    Go to a tailor and click on your captain's uniform. The first page that pops up has the word ADVANCED in yellow near the bottom rh corner. Under Advanced click on UNIFORM. Under uniform, look under UPPER scroll down to TOS Tunic (which is what TOS Command Tunic is called in tailor) is right near the bottom of the scroll-down list.
    If you genuinely cannot find it in c-store AND tailor then file an in-game bug report.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps this type of rage over outfits and "Fed-only giveaways" should be a cue for Cryptic to make more outfits for Klingons.

Now is just the matter of waiting for a few millennia to pass before Cryptic gets on top of this issue.

most likely the reason kdf dosnt have much gear is that most of the user base eather don't play kdf or only play kdf a very small part of the time.
    I think this is quite sad but then I also think its quite sad that many of the kdf only or rom only players don't play toons from the other two factions.
    you will get much more from the game if you play toons from all three factions as I do.
    not only in the free gifts that are being given out here but also in the variety of gameplay.
    I play all 3 of my factions the same amount and can truly say that I get the same amount of fun from each.
    so your not only missing out on any free 1 faction only gifts that are being given out now and hopefully in the future you are also missing out on a whole load of fun.
    and if everyone played all 3 factions you might find that they would all start to get the same support.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Perhaps I am just more forthcoming with the truth then you would ever dare to be. When someone gives me a piece of c**p...I tell the it is a piece of c**p. I don't pretend to like things, as that is dishonest, and I am not a dishonest person.

When you educate people, and give them honest feedback, you set "improvement" in motion. I have made my feedback clear; the free stuff sucks. Cryptic and PWE can now take this to heart, and begin to improve their future give-aways.

you must be a real joy to be around at Christmas.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

This discussion has been closed.