What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    This. This is how people should act. :)

And did I not say similar comments? About how I appreciate the gesture?

I'm not sure how to respond to this.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Was my statement directed at you?

No, it wasn't. It was directed the people who were completely ungrateful.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited August 2013
    timezarg wrote: »

All the KDF have really wanted is equal treatment with the Federation, something the faction never got, and probably never will get. Unless tomorrow's giveaway is a KDF-only item, this 'giveaway' merely perpetuates the Federation's preferential treatment.

The problem is the sheer number of Federation characters. Cryptic would better balance the factions by restricting access to balance the population. Battlestar Galactica Online operates under such a principle; during times of slant, one faction is off-limits to a new character.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It's overshadowed by your apology stuff.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    edited August 2013
    It was directed [at] the people who were completely ungrateful.

I'll take it at face value then. My apologies, I overreacted.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll take it at face value then. My apologies, I overreacted.

It's all good. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! I will log on after supper and claim it. I didn't have it unlocked. And this will go well on my Fed Eng, and Tac captains. I was thinking of getting this outfit in the future. And now I can get it.

Many Thanks for the gifts this week! Looking forward to see what tomorrow brings.

Granted some will fuss or rant about it. But this is a special treat, so awesome!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the end, everyone can create a Romulan, federation and klingon character for free, which means, every player has the chance to claim the unlock the DS9 uniform, ergo no one is being disadvantaged or cheated.

If you solely choose to play on Klingon side, because of some "i`m so tough, I only play the bad guys" bull****, it's your own fault.
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "OMG! Cryptic has some nerve giving us the DS9 uniform for FREE and calling it a gift! WTH is wrong with these people?!?!?"

LOL I am just kidding. I had the outfit unlocked on one toon, but sadly, that toon was NOT The toon I was running as a DS9 crew so I am grateful for the free gift. Thank you Brandon and Cryptic. This is a nice gesture.

As to the rest of the people who are raising such a fuss, be thankful that I am not with Cryptic. I'd prevent anybody who complained about FREE items on the forums from receiving any of them altogether. :)

I know it's been said, but, sometimes older inventory items get discounted or given away as freebies/loss leaders. Additionally, chances are that something that is given away this week will be something you have not already purchased, so have some patience.

If, on the other hand, you have already purchased everything in the C-Store, you obviously have enough disposable income to dedicate to items that only exist in cyberspace that you shouldn't begrudge those that do not a few items to better their STO gaming experience.
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Love the Gift, since I didn't have it for my fed toon yet.

sorry re-read the info, had to edit. Feds only today and tomorrow, and fed AND kdf for ships. Still kinda disappointed but oh well :D
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Claimed. Thank you. :)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No, it wasn't. It was directed the people who were completely ungrateful.

do you not think that cryptic would have gone through the numbers and decided to pick something that most fed players already have ? , that way they will have lost very little on this uniform ?. I have had it for a year but it does not bother me tbh but just thinking out loud lol , it does seem to have got some very angry over this :( . I wonder whats on offer tomorrow :)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    do you not think that cryptic would have gone through the numbers and decided to pick something that most fed players already have ? , that way they will have lost very little on this uniform ?. I have had it for a year but it does not bother me tbh but just thinking out loud lol , it does seem to have got some very angry over this :( . I wonder whats on offer tomorrow :)

That anger is called being ungrateful.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That anger is called being ungrateful.

sorry for asking this but I have a headache and lost it lol , but why is it ungreatful if they have paid for said item before the giveaway . not that it matters to me but just asking cause it seems to have caused anger on both sides of the fence
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I knew there'd be people complaining about this free giveaway.
    Anyways, thank you for this, Cryptic. I already have the costume, but I appreciate it nontheless.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have so many things to complain about in this game.

However, this giveaway isn't. At All.
    Complaining about stuff given away for free isn't the way to go. If you want to complain, do it for the right reasons, like the fact pants are bugged from what I've read, and in the right section, not because you wanted something else for free or because you bought it before.

So kudos for making this happen, Cryptic.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "To end of our Summer Event with a bang, we are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week! As we will feature something different every day, you won?t want to miss out!"

How do I miss out from getting something most people with my kind of time already have and have had for a looooong time, lol?

I can appreciate giving stuff to the F2Pers but let's not act like we are all equally being thanked or gifted.

Enjoy the free gifts now, newer folks. When you get up there and have supported STO as long as I have, you get squat. Even the benefit for helping testing LoR had no point since everyone got one.

I'm not mad or anything and maybe 1 of 5 items *might* be something I don't have but I doubt it. Let's just call it what it is: a select giveaway. People who have nothing get stuff and people who have stuff get nothing, lol.

Maybe if you had the item being given away, we could have gotten a respec token or something. A duty officer box. A freakin Tribble maybe, lol. 500 dilithium. But instead...nuthin. I love STO but this is pretty weaksauce, lol.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who have nothing get stuff and people who have stuff get nothing, lol.

lol, ikr? As I said earlier, the first thing they give away is the only fed outfit I actually paid for (back before it was available in lockboxes aka a long time ago). Sods law! :rolleyes:

But meh, we shall see what the day brings!
    I need a beer.

• landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much!
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol, ikr? As I said earlier, the first thing they give away is the only fed outfit I actually paid for (back before it was available in lockboxes aka a long time ago). Sods law! :rolleyes:

But meh, we shall see what the day brings!

maybe.. just maybe.. they should transfer zen into the accounts of those who already bought it.... THEN, it would be a free gift for everyone!.... pick the oldest fed toon and credit that character.. the zen would be available to klinks as well. duh... guess I was using my brain on that idea! as a matter of fact.. why not just give zen to every character = what the costume set is worth.. then let them buy what they want.

Hellz naw.. cuz they crunched the numbers!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I already have this uniform since I got the Collector's Edition, I am happy for everyone else.

I'm sure one of the days I'm bound to get something I don't have, even if I don't I'm glad to see this promotion! I imagine I'll get something when they give out a small craft, as I only have the TOS one out of the C-Store ones.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So much complaining... This game could spit out 100 dollar bills and people would moan and whine that they aren't random enough.

And as for saying this is for F2P people only...um...what? Not everyone who subs, buys everything in the store; likewise F2P people do spend money. *raises hand* I've been back for a year now, began back in beta and subbed fpr several months.I bought nothing when I was subbing. Nada. Nothin'. Zip. Zilch. Since returning last August as a F2P person, I have spent close to 700 in the C-store. Your arguments and complaints are seriously invalid, people. Some of you need to take a chill pill and go outside and play instead of getting so up in arms over a video game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh boy, the one outfit that has been cheaply available on the exchange for months and was the least valuable one to begin with due to looking the same as the free TNG movie outfit from any distance greater than 3 feet. I can't hold it against you, though, since it was comically well timed - right after I sold a DS9 outfit pack for 1.2m this morning. I feel sorry for that guy!

Well now you guys had better have one KDF and one Romulan only day, too.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can appreciate giving stuff to the F2Pers but let's not act like we are all equally being thanked or gifted.

Enjoy the free gifts now, newer folks. When you get up there and have supported STO as long as I have, you get squat. Even the benefit for helping testing LoR had no point since everyone got one.

I'm not mad or anything and maybe 1 of 5 items *might* be something I don't have but I doubt it. Let's just call it what it is: a select giveaway. People who have nothing get stuff and people who have stuff get nothing, lol.

Maybe if you had the item being given away, we could have gotten a respec token or something. A duty officer box. A freakin Tribble maybe, lol. 500 dilithium. But instead...nuthin. I love STO but this is pretty weaksauce, lol.

I understand where you going. Since some has this item already. They could throw something for the ones who does have it. However you can't please everyone. There would some fuss over anything. Some want Dil or zen instead, etc. So what to decide?

I'm thankful they are doing this, many game companies would care less.

As for F2P, I do it. As it works best for my gaming. Since I'm lucky to log on 2-4 hours per week. And can't justify paying a subscription. However I have done my end of support. By buying all kinds of stuff from the C-Store since I first logged on. From bank space, outfits, to ships. And even master keys. So even this way I can at least show support for the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mscowboy wrote: »
    Oh boy, the one outfit that has been cheaply available on the exchange for months and was the least valuable one to begin with due to looking the same as the free TNG movie outfit from any distance greater than 3 feet. I can't hold it against you, though, since it was comically well timed - right after I sold a DS9 outfit pack for 1.2m this morning. I feel sorry for that guy!

Well now you guys had better have one KDF and one Romulan only day, too.

They have already said several times: NO Romulan stuff because it is too new. You people astound me with your constant whining over free stuff... It's a vide game FFS. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragoshawdragoshaw Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't seem to find this item for the life of me. It goes straight from counselor troi to enterprise mirror 2160 uniform. Skips the letter D entirely.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has the "TNG" pants been fixed yet? Since those are essential to using the DS9 Uniform, one would hope Cryptic fixed it before releasing this costume for free to all players.

One could also speculate, that the free items this week are Cryptic's lower quality content (seeing as the DS9 uniform requires the already free, and broken TNG pants).
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    think one of these daily freebies could be a fleet Ambassador class? yanno, just for those of us who aren't in a fleet. thx
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
This discussion has been closed.