test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 3rd Official "No BS" Tournament - >>> Rules and team registration <<<

Comments

• maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh the irony of the guy who created the first no bs event isnt allowed to take part in the no bs event...

so much for it being no bs.

no bs doesnt just mean consoles/powers....

when i run my next wars event all will still be welcomed.

and dude... dont use the "i dont speak good enough english" as an excuse. there are a number of services that are free out there, people who speak german and english etc etc.

man up and just flat out tell them you dont want them to play if you dont. otherwise give them their spot they had asked for before a number of other people did.

your excuse is bad and you should feel bad.

also, who is organizing this event? the op? whats his offical stance? why does inner circle get to have 2 teams when no one else does?

unless the guy who organized the event says why they cant take part.... unless he's running smurf accounts? isnt that not allowed?

people say that infighting is ruining this community, well heres one prime example why.

as i've said, a simple "we dont want you to play because -insert reason here-" would have done wonders.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In a way this reminds me of the time someone made the NewOPVP channel followed by the NewNewOPVP channel...... Maybe this should be the 1st annual New No BS tournament as it does not follow the spirit of the original No BS tournament:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    oh the irony of the guy who created the first no bs event isnt allowed to take part in the no bs event...

so much for it being no bs.

no bs doesnt just mean consoles/powers....
    Well, some people consider 3rd party programs bs. I personally wouldn't mind if Pandas played, but I'm not the one organizing it.

why does inner circle get to have 2 teams when no one else does?
    I mentioned that Nova Core might be able to field two teams and the organizers welcomed it, but in the end we couldn't secure a second team so I don't think Inner Circle are the only ones that could have 2 teams.
    edited July 2013
    skurf wrote: »
    Well, some people consider 3rd party programs bs. I personally wouldn't mind if Pandas played, but I'm not the one organizing it.

I mentioned that Nova Core might be able to field two teams and the organizers welcomed it, but in the end we couldn't secure a second team so I don't think Inner Circle are the only ones that could have 2 teams.

The thing is, the pandas are the only ones who admitted (sort of and even then I doubt all of them) to using something like that.

In a paranoid world, how do we know none of the other teams aren't?

Also, yeah, I know several teams asked for 2 spots, but only inner circle gets to have two? I remember a while back when I held tsi fun day that my fleet got accused of somehow having an advantage just because I was hosting it.

Inner circle is hosting this event, AND they get 2 teams AND the guy who originally posted hasn't said a word since?....

Fishy indeed...
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nevermind. I really don't need to be opening this can of worms.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A repeating macro is not hax.

My keyboard does the same ****ing thing!

Asking people to not use something that is equivalent to what is widely used is silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »

Asking people to not use something that is equivalent to what is widely used is silly.

Quite right, quite right. Silly silly silly! Get on with it. GET ON WITH IT! :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »

It is if it pauses and starts again depending on what is happening on your screen... your keyboard don't do that.

For the record... I highly doubt more then a very small handful of players have run such a script... and I highly doubt the few that have have all been pandas.... just saying.

People can underestimate it because... 9 times out of 10 it doesn't seem like there would be much of an advantage.

However depending on the build it can be... a third party program that is just replicating in game keybinds wouldn't have any need to exist.

Again the witch hunts neeed to end... in the history of STO pvp I would be shocked if more then 4-5 people in total have attempted to make scripted pixel grab scripts work. I also doubt more then 1-2 of them where pandas. I also doubt more then 1-2 of those guys found good applications for it in pvp.

Time for everyone to just get over it... if anyone is still douchy enough to be running it now that its clear most people don't think it proves anything accept how much of a douche you are... we should all just move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know all about what that program can do, I tested and learned everything about everything inside of it.

And even if you could test for certain conditions, you're still dealing with the limitations of the STO keybind system.

At best it could help simplify some complex command sequences in its written state.

The point stands, the primary function of the program is as a repeating macro. And my keyboard does that quite easily.

Witch hunting over that was stupid and a bad idea because of the damage it did to the PvP community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gtx9000gtx9000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In a paranoid world, how do we know none of the other teams aren't?

It is very funny that you mention this because another fleet in that tourny list is using scripted kit switching exploits/cheats in lolground pvp!

Who says they're not using that external program in space pvp:confused:

fishy indeed....another bad inner circle performance -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shinzon2013shinzon2013 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gtx9000 wrote: »

fishy indeed....another bad inner circle performance -.-

:D /10char
  • pascalb1pascalb1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol more popcorn please.

Yes I am back MT maybe you should stop ....

Hm I love bots who can heal in milli sec oh yeah no advantage on that side ....

No one of SP HP should be allowed in whatever team if you guys remember.

Everyone keeps forgetting eh ...

Newtoon please feel free to say something too ( insider )
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited July 2013
    And of course popcorn for Brandi who should look for a new j ....

Yeah we help you quiet a bit didn't we Brandi and nothing did we get back.

Is friendship allowed with people ingame meeting real life etc ....

Brandi thumbs up for your awesome work

Popcorn please!
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited July 2013
    Got removed because of popcorn lol

More popcorn please!
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited July 2013
    Brandi shouldn't there be a person banned allready for sharing something with the entire community?

Even 1 of you posted that

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=747881

Popcorn ... and pepsi
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems silly to have a program, macro, or programmable peripheral play a game for you. Kinda defeats the purpose. Even if it 'only' automates healing, shield balancing, etc, that is lame and makes for lazy players not skill.
    Imagine if NFL running Backs had a break tackle macro, or NBA players a dribbling macro to automate what they considered basic things. These basic things are a large part of the skill set that defines a good player. The same holds true for video games. These are not new tactics. Remember when controllers started adding autofire to buttons to give advantages? Pay for advantage, plain and simple. We have been seeing it for years on STO.
    Do what you like, but your skills mean little when in fact a macro, mouse, keyboard, program, etc is doing it for you. Yes, you have mastered macroing, or even programming, but not gaming.
  • zyphoid7zyphoid7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok the absurd rules were bad enough that they slanted it towards certain playstyles. The all fed lovefest that punishes KDF/ROM is just plain annoying. No bops?? But now you go an ban the best active pvp fleet in STO as well? That's just sad man. Why even have a tourney, just give the prize to the specific fleet you want to win and be done with it. If you can't beat them fine, just own up to it. The constant whining about "hax" and basically arbitrarily singling out groups who can beat you and kicking them out of an "open" tourney just comes across as pathetic.
    [SIGPIC]Nixus[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Best active pvp fleet hm ... ???

Best joke ever!!!

By the way with or without exploit/broken/op and bots even admited by 1 of your guys.

Thx again for sharing! Please can you guys do that again I didn't get the stuff yet.

Popcorn for SP HP and all who use macros + bots and who think they are good with it without hm ...
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
  • zyphoid7zyphoid7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your problem in the pvp community pascal is that you have no credibility. You have constantly tried to control and break up the OPVP channel not once but twice, you have tried to force players to use only what you think is "fair", and not gained a community consensus and have flat out lied to new players coming into pvp to such an extent that all your fleets fail. Is it any wonder why no one wants to play in any tourney you host or have anything to do with you? Or that everyone laughs at you?

This is contrasted with the group that STARTED pvp bootcamp before it was even known as bootcamp just to help and make the community better. Who do you think people are going to trust? I don't know what is sadder, the fact that you accuse anyone of beating you of cheating or the fact that you are positive a two button macro can beat you so easily.

The rules for the tourney were plainly set out, if contentious. To not allow a specific group because you are afraid they may beat you goes against the spirit of any open tournament and sullies the whole of the enterprise. Who's next? Ban Lag or House of Orions because they killed you in Kerrat?

Don't even tempt me to put a Critz team in there.
    [SIGPIC]Nixus[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Lol do I need macros and such to play ...

Hm no I don't

Do I think I am the best player like you guys think

No I don't again I actually say I am a noob I don't know how to cheat like you guys

I created the official PvP League if you remeber. Who destroyed it you remember

Of course people hate me because I am 1 of the few who lets everyone know about the cheaters etc.

Why did you get kicked from GIF again???

Someone mentioned that you and your bud from that fleet used broken stuff and got kicked

Did I get kicked because I use stuff again no

Did you?

Sorry dude if you need ... to win you loose

Popcorn and Pepsi pls this is getting entertaining again thx Zyph
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do we really need all this petty drama? I think not. It literally accomplishes nothing. If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them privately.

Now, is there any chance of having teams made up of freelance players from various fleets that were "the sixth man" on their own teams, by any chance?
    edited July 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Do we really need all this petty drama? I think not. It literally accomplishes nothing. If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them privately.

Now, is there any chance of having teams made up of freelance players from various fleets that were "the sixth man" on their own teams, by any chance?

i dont think theres space to add any more teams.

and a drama free pvp forum!? the heresy!
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pascalb1 wrote: »
    Lol more popcorn please.

Yes I am back MT maybe you should stop ....

Hm I love bots who can heal in milli sec oh yeah no advantage on that side ....

No one of SP HP should be allowed in whatever team if you guys remember.

Everyone keeps forgetting eh ...

Newtoon please feel free to say something too ( insider )

Mentally ill bro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • gtx9000gtx9000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is very funny that you mention this because another fleet in that tourny list is using scripted kit switching exploits/cheats in lolground pvp!

You do realize that i was talking about your team there pascal?(not about you but about your teammates)

They're exploiting the game with scripted kit switching to apply several buffs.
    It's even video proven,confirmed by former fleet members and the devs know about it.

I doubt they're only using that external program for cheating in ground pvp.
    They're most likely having it in space too but no one cares or just ignores the facts.

And now don't tell me that you didn't know......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    and a drama free pvp forum!? the heresy!

Hey, we like drama...but we like quality drama.

It's like spending a month hitting up shows on Broadway, then going to watch the nephew's elementary school doing a play...
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its funny I recall some 1.5y ago some Eryons consistently ran double shields in arena. Ha!

j/s no hard feelings, just ironic on the way they act :D

Guess they rather hide their dark past lolol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    C'mon guys, let this tournament work Pandas or no Pandas..........

Mind you i do enjoy the rantings of raved lunatics :)

It doesn't matter. (Whose line is that? 10 points to the person who guesses it right)
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    C'mon guys, let this tournament work Pandas or no Pandas..........

Mind you i do enjoy the rantings of raved lunatics :)

It doesn't matter. (Whose line is that? 10 points to the person who guesses it right)

Don't be Sad, Naz.

The next tourney we won't have the Pandas banned.

Though we do draw the line at the welsh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't be Sad, Naz.

The next tourney we won't have the Pandas banned.

Though we do draw the line at the welsh.

Promise to leave my blow up sheep doll at home.....
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *sighs*

Since this thread has had numerous reports, unfortunately I'm going to have to close it down.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.