test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Joined Trill for rumulan faction?

kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I did a search and didn't find anything.. so was wondering are joined Trill ever going to be allowed to join the Romulans as a starting race? Aren't trill supposed to be a neutral race?
Post edited by kelshando on

Comments

• Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since Romulans are not Romulan and in fact end up either FED or KDF and joined trill are available to both, I see no reason why they shouldn't be available as a Romulan starting race.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kelshando wrote: »
    I did a search and didn't find anything.. so was wondering are joined Trill ever going to be allowed to join the Romulans as a starting race? Aren't trill supposed to be a neutral race?

Not really, the reason Joined Trill had to be made avialable (non-Joined Trill are not avialable to the KDF) was due to the conditions drawn up for the pre-order and Digital Download users...which stipulated Joined Trill for them.
    Cryptic appearently forgot there were two factions in the game at the time and forgot to make that part of the conditions faction-specific. So as a result they HAD to make Joined Trill available to the KDF as well. Personally I'd have preferred a KDF-specific solution like Augmented Klingons with the same stats...but that's another story. So this has nothing to do with Trill being neutral, otherwise both Trill and Joined Trill would be avialable to both factions. Instead it has everything to do with legal voodoo.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well I still think they should be made for the Romulan faction.. Cause I wont make one till they do.. all my toons are trill and want to continue that :-(
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I still think they should be made for the Romulan faction.. Cause I wont make one till they do.. all my toons are trill and want to continue that :-(

Trill have no place in a Romulan faction. They're explicitly a Federation species from a Federation world, who only got added to the KDF because the best known Trill was shacking up with Worf.

If you're that desperate for a Rommie Trill, use the Alien generator and build yourself one.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you cant make a alien joined trill.. and Jaz was dead before all this took place.

Also I have not read anything that Trill is a member of the Federation just a affiliate.. maybe there is another source of this information that I have not seen.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can't be a Caitian or Klingon either as a Romulan, and those are other purchased species, so no suprise here. KDF Trill was just added because of that offer and they didn't stipulate that it was Fed only, and it was somewhat canon because Curzon and Jadzia were accepted by Klingons. There are no Joined Trills that command that kind of respect from Romulans, in fact they may despise them because of Ezri Dax in the Vesta novels.

Its bad enough Romulan faction gets stuck with all the stupid aliengen characters, Trill would make even less sense then those. Picking something other then Romulan or Reman gimps yourself and the groups you are in anyway, aliens or Trill can't get the traits that Romulan or Remans get, I don't want to see these added to Romulan faction.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    You can't be a Caitian or Klingon either as a Romulan, and those are other purchased species, so no suprise here. KDF Trill was just added because of that offer and they didn't stipulate that it was Fed only, and it was somewhat canon because Curzon and Jadzia were accepted by Klingons. There are no Joined Trills that command that kind of respect from Romulans, in fact they may despise them because of Ezri Dax in the Vesta novels.

Its bad enough Romulan faction gets stuck with all the stupid aliengen characters, Trill would make even less sense then those. Picking something other then Romulan or Reman gimps yourself and the groups you are in anyway, aliens or Trill can't get the traits that Romulan or Remans get, I don't want to see these added to Romulan faction.

I would much rather see Acamarians, Suliban, Yridians and others added to the game as either playable or at the very least, Boff races, all with interesting space traits

If Pakleds were added, anything is possible - has anyone actually seen a Pakled player character?
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Trill have no place in a Romulan faction. They're explicitly a Federation species from a Federation world,

Wrong, it is unclear whether Trill are part of the Federation.
    who only got added to the KDF because the best known Trill was shacking up with Worf.

Wrong:
    Stormshade wrote:
    The real reason?

The Joined Trill are a retail bonus item. We felt that punishing Klingon players for buying a box at a certain retailer and then suddenly discovering they couldn't use the advertised bonus was unfair.[...]
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3268588&postcount=10

Like I already said, they were an ADVERTISED BONUS.
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would much rather see Acamarians, Suliban, Yridians and others added to the game as either playable or at the very least, Boff races, all with interesting space traits

If Pakleds were added, anything is possible - has anyone actually seen a Pakled player character?
    Not in a long, long time. I think Cryptic mentioned a while back that female Pakled was the least played race combination in game.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    Not in a long, long time. I think Cryptic mentioned a while back that female Pakled was the least played race combination in game.

Can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

Pakleds had ruthless cunning but were rather underwhelming in so many other ways. I do not understand why they were added as a playable option when dozens of other canon races could have been used instead.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone say Rumulan?

8ofv.gif
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you cant make a alien joined trill.. and Jaz was dead before all this took place.

Also I have not read anything that Trill is a member of the Federation just a affiliate.. maybe there is another source of this information that I have not seen.

Trill patterns are available in the alien generator. If you can't make believe in a fictional game, that's your own problem.

See below for Trill's Federation membership.
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Wrong, it is unclear whether Trill are part of the Federation.

Check your facts. Trill (or more accurately, Trillius Prime) was admitted to the Federation in 2285 and had multiple members of their species as high ranking diplomats for the Federation (Kurzon, multiple Odans, etc). You don't officially speak for a multiplanetary government if you're not a part of it.

Not to mention the explicit description of the Trill Science Ministry as being one of the greatest centers for scientific learning in the Federation. Routinely beating out the Vulcans in terms of conjuring up all manner of techno-goodies.

misterde3 wrote: »
    Like I already said, they were an ADVERTISED BONUS.

I stand by what I said. Trot out all the old posts by Stormy you like, doesn't change the fact there's zero justification for KDF trill, and even less for Romulan ones.
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I stand by what I said. Trot out all the old posts by Stormy you like, doesn't change the fact there's zero justification for KDF trill, and even less for Romulan ones.

Only if you adopt the stance that STO can change nothing in the Star Trek universe.

It's many years on. The Romulan Empire is dust. They're rebuilding anew with a strong inclination towards re-unification with Vulcan and have allied with both the Federation and the Klingons.

That means they are beginning to or more likely already begun to move away from their xenophobic past.

The game allows non-Romulans/Remans (i.e. "aliens") to captain warbirds. No reason a Trill couldn't be amongst them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Check your facts. Trill (or more accurately, Trillius Prime) was admitted to the Federation in 2285 and had multiple members of their species as high ranking diplomats for the Federation (Kurzon, multiple Odans, etc). You don't officially speak for a multiplanetary government if you're not a part of it.

Not to mention the explicit description of the Trill Science Ministry as being one of the greatest centers for scientific learning in the Federation. Routinely beating out the Vulcans in terms of conjuring up all manner of techno-goodies.

Can you provide a source for any of this?
    Because pretty much all you cite is information from the non-canon Star Charts about Trillus Prime and Trill being the same planet.

I can also not find any basis for this absurd line about the Minstry of Science from Mem Alpha in the episodes that are referred to.

Also, to be diplomat of a certain country, you need to be a citizen of that country.
    You don't have to been born as citizen of that country to become its ambassador or do you think Worf was born as a Federation citizen?

I think from an ingame perspective I've already sufficiently agreed with you (and included a couterproposal), but at least let's get the RL reason for this mess correct okay?;)
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Funny. I had created a Female Science (Medic) Pakled early on but she somehow got deleted. I didn't count it as too much of a loss as she was still in the tutorial levels. With the change in traits(forcing us to use four predetermined traits instead of letting us choose at creation), I don't think I can effectively recreate her. A great disappointment to me. :(
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o_O I've seen only *1* Rigellian before, as far as I can remember, and it was actually female. Now if I can ever find a female Tellerite then I'll pass out.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Trill patterns are available in the alien generator. If you can't make believe in a fictional game, that's your own problem.

I want the joined trill passive.. Joined Symbiote. Can you get that passive as a Alien?

Also where did you get our info on the trill home world joining the Federation? No where I can find that is cannon says that.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Someone say Rumulan?

8ofv.gif
    Space pirate Romulans!
    I want the joined trill passive.. Joined Symbiote. Can you get that passive as a Alien?
    No. You also only get the spots on your face, while actual Trill characters can also select the spot patterns for their torsos and legs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Space pirate Romulans!

No. You also only get the spots on your face, while actual Trill characters can also select the spot patterns for their torsos and legs.

Ya thats what I thought. Well then i still want Joined Trill for the Romulan faction..
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ya thats what I thought. Well then i still want Joined Trill for the Romulan faction..

almost definitely not happening, the Trill have nothing to do with the romulans, why would they be at a colony or in their military at all?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    plz stop trying to turn the roms in to a Federation ty :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    almost definitely not happening, the Trill have nothing to do with the romulans, why would they be at a colony or in their military at all?

Same reason as all the "alien" captains who end up at Romulan Command.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    varnoukh wrote: »
    Same reason as all the "alien" captains who end up at Romulan Command.

the alien gen for romulans is actually an "alien hybrid gen". meaning that all characters created by it are technically half romulan or reman.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    the alien gen for romulans is actually an "alien hybrid gen". meaning that all characters created by it are technically half romulan or reman.

So you are saying that no Trill or Romulan or "Romulan Alien hybrid" couldn't of got it on with each other? I mean really.. come on think about it.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So you are saying that no Trill or Romulan or "Romulan Alien hybrid" couldn't of got it on with each other? I mean really.. come on think about it.

no saying that. but last i checked.... symbiotes choose the host, except in extreme circumstances. not to mention, i dont think half-trills can be hosts.... being its a physiological thing, a symbiote bonding with a half-trill might end up in both of them dying.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    o_O I've seen only *1* Rigellian before, as far as I can remember, and it was actually female. Now if I can ever find a female Tellerite then I'll pass out.

I have a Rigellian female! Granted I haven't played her much since the winter event but I've been meaning to pick up with her.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Pakled male much less female before. So I suppose 1 Rigellian female is more than 0 Pakled females!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Not true.

That was the original plan but due to difficulties / time constraints it is not what was implemented. They wanted to include restrictions in the character customisation so everything looked like Romulan hybrids but that is definitely not what we have.

What we have is the same as Fed and KDF - an "alien" race which is whatever you want it to be. See the wiki or fire up the game and try to make one.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but where do you think hybrids would come from anyway? A hybrid necessarily requires one non-Romulan / non-Reman parent. Are you saying Romulan and Reman women have taken to trawling space for one-night stands to become impregnated before returning to Romulan colonies to spawn and that's the only source of these supposed hybrids? Or are Romulan and Reman men impregnating random women throughout the galaxy then tracking them down and stealing their children?

Because the less comical scenario is that the "alien" parents are living in the colonies. Which brings us full circle to some racial diversity in the Romulan colonies.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no saying that. but last i checked.... symbiotes choose the host, except in extreme circumstances. not to mention, i dont think half-trills can be hosts.... being its a physiological thing, a symbiote bonding with a half-trill might end up in both of them dying.

Might want to re-watch "Children of Time" (DS9). The Dax symbiont was past on to Jadzia's descendants. In that timeline, Jadzia married Worf. All Klingons (blood Klingons, not the "adopted" sons of Mogh) are part Trill. It also stands to reason that all Trill are also part Klingon as it was never explicitly stated that there were any other Trill on the Defiant when it crashed.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Dtsahl wrote:
    Dstahl: The new Romulans and Remans are the first new species we?ve added to the game in a while and we?re taking a good look at all of the possibilities that still exist. You should expect a new species sometime later this year

my guess is Suliban (probably 3rd Romulan-Species)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is like saying Romulans should get humans clones because Shinzon was a human on the Romulan side so it's cannon...actually that makes more sense than Trill. There's little reason that Romulans would be associating with Trill and any reason given would be little more than a mechanical contrivance to allow players to get spots on their avatar. In short we don't need it and it doesn't fit but that's just my opinion.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!