test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 3rd Official "No BS" Tournament - >>> Rules and team registration <<<

Comments

• pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spherb wrote: »
    Hank do you or anyone from your fleet have the courage to publicly address why you are ignoring the Panda request to be in the tournament?

It seems you are all ignoring the topic. No comment would be very Sad indeed.

Is it an invite only tourny?
    Who are the 16 teams?

According to the meeting about it on their teamspeak (which Was invite only):

'We will Not be Excluding Sad Pandas from the tournament'
  • shinzon2013shinzon2013 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    According to the meeting about it on their teamspeak (which Was invite only):

'We will Not be Excluding Sad Pandas from the tournament'

So does that mean that Pandas have a spot in the tournament now?
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spherb wrote: »
    Hank do you or anyone from your fleet have the courage to publicly address why you are ignoring the Panda request to be in the tournament?

It seems you are all ignoring the topic. No comment would be very Sad indeed.

Is it an invite only tourny?
    Who are the 16 teams?

We have 16 Teams,.. but maybe Hank find a way for you Pandas to join with one team.

Maybe.. :)

MfG

PS. Sorry for my english.. i?m german :rolleyes:
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daviddxx wrote: »
    We have 16 Teams,.. but maybe Hank find a way for you Pandas to join with one team.

MfG

PS. Sorry for my english.. i?m german :rolleyes:

Actually it seems like Risa dropped from the tournament a few pages back.
    Risa is out unless rules 1, 2 and 5 are disbanded.

Unless you've decided to drop rules 1, 2 and 5.
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013
    daviddxx wrote: »

Yet Bieber said SP would field two teams *long* before the 16 spots filled up. Even if SP is allowed to take Risa's place, it would be nice to know the reason for the original decision to ignore Bieber's registration.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Yet Bieber said SP would field two teams *long* before the 16 spots filled up. Even if SP is allowed to take Risa's place, it would be nice to know the reason for the original decision to ignore Bieber's registration.

I'm pretty sure only 14 year old girls listen to Bieber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • blockbustersblockbusters Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skurf wrote: »
    Well, a lot of the BS stems from clickable consoles, so even while some of the consoles may not necessarily be BS or OP or whatever, I can understand where they're coming from. And there are certain fleet(s) that are known to be using 3rd party programs. The way they react to that may not be the best, or maybe it is. I still have friends in said fleet and will team with/against them. When I play a premade match against said fleet I will ask for them to not use 3rd party programs, and that's about as far as I go, but I can understand people that may get more upset over it and take further actions.

It's better to have an even playing field for a truly competitive environment, and I think that's what this tourney is trying to accomplish. It's not perfect, but nothing ever is.

Most of those "said fleets" have signed up to the tournament...
    and a lot of those rules mean less problems for those "said fleets" you know, the synchronising etc.

Just saying... :cool:
    I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" TRIBBLE, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Run of the tournament:
    The competition will be devided into 2 phases: The group phase and the knockout-round
    In the group phase

if there is more than 16 teams, maybe to make groups bigger (5-6 teams, and first 2 will go next round)
  • usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In the group phase each team has to fight his opponents in a first and a second half of the campaign, hence each team is going to play at least 6 matches. For that reason we must halve the match duration from 30 to 15 min to be able to finish the group phase in the first day and to make the PvP-matches more exciting! Once the group phase is finished the first 2 teams of each group is going to qualify for the ko-round to give more fleets the chance to reach the next round.

actually it is planned that the first 2 ranks of each group will advance to the ko-round which in turn means that half of them will be given the chance to come through the group stage as opposed to the previous tournaments. in case we get requests of more fleets then perhaps we might consider to extend the limit from 16 to 20 fleets. it depends on the demand inside the community. then there might be 4 groups with each group containing 5 teams.

But that is only speculation. i am not a prophet i cannot predict the future^^

Regards Hannibal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually there was teams that were interested im putting in more than one team way before any other team wanted to put one team...

and since there is no way of controling 3rd party programs probably is better that some teams or players of those teams dont play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure only 14 year old girls listen to Bieber.

:D

OK,..

on the basis of the high demand we have deleted the second Inner Circle team to create more space for other teams.

@ Sad Pandas

we know that you want to participate and otherwise it does not bother us but all places are still full. We examine if it is possible for us to create more space.
    I know this is not a satisfactory statement but I can not say any more. :)

greetings from Germany

Dxxdavid

PS. Sorry for my bad english,..
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How exactly did registration for this tournament work? Bieber's post is on the first page of this thread, created less than 3 hours after the initial announcement (and interestingly also before Eleventh Order's post, who got a spot). How did you manage to get more than 16 teams to sign up in less than 3 hours? Knowing more about this obviously very successful recruitment strategy could be helpful for future tournaments to ensure that enough teams sign up.
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    How exactly did registration for this tournament work? Bieber's post is on the first page of this thread, created less than 3 hours after the initial announcement (and interestingly also before Eleventh Order's post, who got a spot). How did you manage to get more than 16 teams to sign up in less than 3 hours? Knowing more about this obviously very successful recruitment strategy could be helpful for future tournaments to ensure that enough teams sign up.

That my friend is indeed a million dollar question. I'd be interested in this strategy for RL purposes....
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    That my friend is indeed a million dollar question. I'd be interested in this strategy for RL purposes....

Oh please this is beginning to sound like a politically correct BS back and forth - it's pretty obvious to anyone with some common sense that Sad pandas were delibrately barred - at least in the beginning.
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
    edited July 2013
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Do you even Science Bro?
    edited July 2013
    Oh please this is beginning to sound like a politically correct BS back and forth - it's pretty obvious to anyone with some common sense that Sad pandas were delibrately barred - at least in the beginning.

Your probably right...... So why not just say it? Your out!
  • shinzon2013shinzon2013 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013

hahaha. It's not just them either. CSI signed up on the fourth page and they still got a spot!

oh, wait. They all must have sent in game PM's and mail. :rolleyes:

Why no answer from the organizer?
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your unwanted kid, keep moving. Whats not to understand there?
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's bad to say the V word?

What about the F? or the D?

:D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • abanator0abanator0 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Your probably right...... So why not just say it? Your out!

Hey Naz, you and Sad Pandas are out.

There. It's said. But also along with a lot of other things that have been said in between the lines. :)

But you already know this. So, you're just here trying to derail a tournament instead.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    abanator0 wrote: »

There. It's said. But also along with a lot of other things that have been said in between the lines. :)

But you already know this. So, you're just here trying to derail a tournament instead.

Are you accusing the Pandas of Haxing?
    edited July 2013

There you have it Pandas. You shall not pass. (So says the official 4 post wonder kid and 10 points to the person who figures out which film the last line was from)

On a serious note. Just make it official. No Pandas allowed and that's the end of that.

Also Pandas, no point in knocking on a shut door. Don't bother forcing yourself in. Maybe the next one hey......

By the way, if no one in the first place stated that Pandas were not allowed, then pandas (and none pandas)ask constantly without a response why they were not entered, how is that derailing the tournament? Just saying......
    edited July 2013
    Are you accusing the Pandas of Haxing?

looks like it to me.
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe all the Pandas should get really mad at Naz, and mass-join Risa Squadron for a weekend.

Who's to say they might take advantage of what community activities Risa are currently entered into...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not worth it... See you in the Q's --- Or not.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If Pandas are blanket banned, fine, whatever. Enjoy your fleet drama. :rolleyes:

In that case, I'll throw my name into the ring for whichever team needs someone to fill out their roster.

Praxis@mvs5191, Sci/Sci.
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed, not worth it. Move along everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
    edited July 2013

Hmm i think your right.

Anyway.. our Tournamet will go on @10.8.2013 !

I have a lot to say but my english is bad.. i dont find the right words.. so i cant.

Some People have really luck here.. .

What ever.. have a nice day everbody.

Greetings from Germany
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
This discussion has been closed.