test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wast33 wrote: »
    u dont' got the point i think: fixed pvp would lead to even higher player numbers, more income etc, due to ur not leaving behind half of potential players.... you don't bother about pvp? then i really don't understand why u r against it at all. just don't do it. it does not impact ur pve op'ness. u have no really clue about pvp? then plz stop talking about something u don't seem to understand. ahhh.... think i got ur point: ur not am willing to be foced to pvp. so it's here with pve. now tell me who's on the shorter edge on that? have a nice day ;)

p.s.: ur wrong about pve endgame content. last seasons have nothing been about but just that. pvepvepve... starbases, reps, new missions, new grinds............................... ur sick about peolpe like me who want pvp-improvements? so am i about people crying for more costume options...
    and btw: that pvpvpvpvpvpvp improvements had been promised(!) for a long(!) time now... indeed, regarding the poll from last year the next season should have been all about pvp :P.

also: i know pve in here very well(!; one-man-fleet over half a year, almost up to t3 on my own, thousands of estfs... long list).... do u know about pvp?!

Cool story, however you said have a nice day, halfway through your message. It really killed the effect. Anyway.

All i know about PVP on this game, is that its made up of a majority of absolute, whining, elitist, screamers, that have been crying for years about improvements that have never arrived and will probably never materialise. A group of people i want nothing to do with.

Yet through all that elitism, they aren't intelligent enough to understand all this like the majority of people, and simply move on to a game that is PVP orientated.

You claim to know about PVE? A one man fleet??? Lolol!!! I am sorry, that's not PVE or PVP, that's just plain stupid. Also, if you know so much about PVE, you would realise that the only ENDGAME (you do understand what endgame means right) content we have is 3 year old Borg ESTF's and No Win Scenario.......so don't tell me they have added lots of endgame content, because they haven't added any forever.

I do know about PVP actually, on real PVP games. Such as BF3 and Planetside 2. THOSE are PVP games.

Bottom line - Cryptic trolled you for 2 years and the next episode still isn't PVP. Congratulations. Have a nice day. :)
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Err ... NO! we already have enough DS9!!!:mad: THIS GENTLEMAN IS DEMONSTRATING WHY PEOPLE ARE VOTING DS9, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE IT :mad: ... damn it

I agree ...
    People are not picking ds9 just because they like it but the wormhole is a dead giveaway ds9 could be the entrance to the gamma quadrant ehich in turns means more aliens more storylines and more jam hadar to blow sky high in glorious battle
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

GOIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

AAAAAAAAAAA

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

FACCTIOOOOOONNNN

Clear?
    If not , please read the following:
    We are not going to get a new faction.

Or ... let me put it another way ...

Q:Do you like wasting / disappointing your own time, and other people's futures?

Reply: YES! I DO! BEST THING EVA!

Responce: VOTE DS9!

So vote
    ENTERPRISE

So ... shall we begin?

PS: Do not vote for me to become president / PM of any nation , or federation, thank you. :D

Stop Spamming the forum with stupid comments like this. ENT stuff is not gonna happen anytime soon see for yourself Voyager is ahead so Ds9 stuff isn't going to happen either soon. but seeing posts like this made me vote for DS9 rather than Ent which I orginally was going to do
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I like the idea of more stories involving the Dominion, or potentially having the Dominion become a playable faction (true, independent, faction). I also like the idea of having mini-games to repair Viidian assault damage to colonists or checking on Amelia Earhart's descendants, etc.

Also, I'd love to blow up Kazon ships or even see them become a KDF race...

Then again I REALLY want to see the Xindi but I feel like if I'd voted Enterprise in that poll that it would have just been more Elachi or Suliban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brencardenbrencarden Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I may have figured this out !!!

PVE = playing with yourself with a random group of ppl and you point your ship at a cube then watch cube NOT distribute shields use tac team or heal itself.
    Pass the ELITE STF get the optional everyone says GG and they go off to pug another STF and feel real GOOD that their ships are super powerful that they can kill anything that happens to walk in front of them. Wooooooot woooot !!! No one fails, no one left behind, no broken dreams of greatness because ELITE STFS DONT FAIL. . . . you can do Infected Elite space with 3 ppl ffs!!!!!! Its a joke and it got boring after I did the same map 100+ times, Yes I have the accolades to prove it!!!!

The thing that bothers PVE players about pvp is that they come across a FIVE man team that is connected thru Team speak or Ventrillo, that heals shields or hull when taking damage, that will run and flee when taking fire, will shut off engines and shields and will make them look like utter TRIBBLE when they get killed in a single volley of cannon fire from the Jem'Hadar attack ship!!!!

AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO COMPETE!!!!!!

Why would a pve player join in a pvp just to be a meat shield or a bullet catcher???

15-0 matches are not fun for the winners or the losers!!!!

If you are a pvp player you spend billions of EC on the best gear the best consoles the best ships etc. you have 2 Tactical teams and when your 5 man team enters an Elite STF it feels like your fighting kittens and care bears!!! If it wasn't for invisible torps I don't think anyone from my team would get killed in an Elite STF.

If your knocking PVP it means you probably get SMOKED in the arena and would benefit from doing something like a pvp bootcamp!!!!

And hey after you master PVP you will be surprised on how LAME PVE is in this game and be BEGGING for the same changes the rest of the pvp community is begging for!!!!!
  • senorluigisenorluigi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    other than more ships for the romulans I would love to use the Proxima class starship with its quad side cannons.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080304195848/startrek/images/c/c0/ProximaRefit.jpg

oh and more types of borg ships to destroy would be nice too
    edited July 2013
    senorluigi wrote: »
    other than more ships for the romulans I would love to use the Proxima class starship with its quad side cannons.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080304195848/startrek/images/c/c0/ProximaRefit.jpg

oh and more types of borg ships to destroy would be nice too

Have to say that Ship is ugly
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I voted TOS...

... but only because the Animated Series was inexplicably not available.

Come on! Edoans, the USS Bonaventure! Glommers to replace those amateur cannibal tribbles! You know you want these things!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    Cool story, however you said have a nice day, halfway through your message. It really killed the effect. Anyway.

All i know about PVP on this game, is that its made up of a majority of absolute, whining, elitist, screamers, that have been crying for years about improvements that have never arrived and will probably never materialise. A group of people i want nothing to do with.

Yet through all that elitism, they aren't intelligent enough to understand all this like the majority of people, and simply move on to a game that is PVP orientated.

You claim to know about PVE? A one man fleet??? Lolol!!! I am sorry, that's not PVE or PVP, that's just plain stupid. Also, if you know so much about PVE, you would realise that the only ENDGAME (you do understand what endgame means right) content we have is 3 year old Borg ESTF's and No Win Scenario.......so don't tell me they have added lots of endgame content, because they haven't added any forever.

I do know about PVP actually, on real PVP games. Such as BF3 and Planetside 2. THOSE are PVP games.

Bottom line - Cryptic trolled you for 2 years and the next episode still isn't PVP. Congratulations. Have a nice day. :)

then u may should have a look on hoe they label all the new content.... btw there's at least 2 new stf's....
    do what ya wanna do, i hope i'll be that calm so i can just ignore ur half-baked arguments.
    and no: i won't stop interrupt the costume-wishings in here. till next :rolleyes:
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voyager just to hasten development for the delta quadrant. The show itself was terrible and could have been resolved first episode. Voyager's seasons should have been given to SGU.
    pvp = small package
    edited July 2013
    Voyager just to hasten development for the delta quadrant. The show itself was terrible and could have been resolved first episode. Voyager's seasons should have been given to SGU.

SGU is even worse than Voyager and that is saying something they could have done so much more with Voyager but character development and good storys were left in the Alpha Quadrent
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    SGU is even worse than Voyager and that is saying something they could have done so much more with Voyager but character development and good storys were left in the Alpha Quadrent

Lol ratings say otherwise.

After Voyager's 7 seasons it still only has a 7.4 on imdb.

SGU had 2 seasons and it has the same rating.

Voter difference is 4000 people.

Voyager was going to have to cut characters because it was so bad, so they brought in sex appeal. After that happened, it was no longer Star Trek Voyager, it was startrek 7 OF 9's CANS.

If Janeway had applied the same ethical principals in the first episode that she applied in Equinox, the show would have taken 1 episode. Terrible writing, terrible character development, terrible acting, terrible show.

Voyager sucked.
    pvp = small package
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not sure that they could do much with the Vidiians; we discover that they were cured in 'Think Tank' and I sincerely doubt that they'd be interesting in flying around, attacking passing ships, anymore in view of that.

Wouldn't be the first time STO has shoe-horned in a species with little to no justification. For all anyone knows, some splinter group relapsed during the last forty years.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Voyager gross.

well if Voyager wins at least we will get crappy reused TNG episodes.

god Voyager the worst of all the Star Trek series.

I voted for TNG The Best Trek ever
    I couldn't say it better.

IF they focus on more Voy stuff, i think STO goes a further step away from being a Trek game. (if that's even possible, lol)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    edited July 2013
    Lol ratings say otherwise.

After Voyager's 7 seasons it still only has a 7.4 on imdb.

SGU had 2 seasons and it has the same rating.

Voter difference is 4000 people.

Voyager was going to have to cut characters because it was so bad, so they brought in sex appeal. After that happened, it was no longer Star Trek Voyager, it was startrek 7 OF 9's CANS.

Voyager sucked.

I agree with that but I think SGU is worse after SG1 finished and Atlantis finished SGU just seems to be milking blood from a stone thats my opinion however some stargate fans may love it.

Just as some fans love Voyager (I don't personally I'm a TNG fan)
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shevet wrote: »
    Personally, I voted TOS...

... but only because the Animated Series was inexplicably not available.

Come on! Edoans, the USS Bonaventure! Glommers to replace those amateur cannibal tribbles! You know you want these things!

I voted enterprise, since I want my aquatic xindi for my David Brin kickm (see Startide Rising), but if I could have a second, it would be animated, as much as possible. I know there is legal stuff holding up some of it, but I can't remember if its some or all.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voyager? Oh well.... I love the series, but I don't see much to visit the delta quadrant. I want to see the gamma quadrant to open up through the wormhole and Cardassians becoming a playable faction.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This poll should have been its own thing, now its eciplsed what the thread was really about, the state of sto address. Sigh.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This poll should have been its own thing, now its eciplsed what the thread was really about, the state of sto address. Sigh.

Many believe this was done on purpose. It was a great distraction, drowning out any discussion of the actual state of the game with rampant speculation of what may never come to be...epic sleight of hand, epic PR...meh.
    edited July 2013
    Many believe this was done on purpose. It was a great distraction, drowning out any discussion of the actual state of the game with rampant speculation of what may never come to be...epic sleight of hand, epic PR...meh.
    Typical PWE really.
    To be honest the state of the game was just stuff that made me go meh. nothing really to make me sit up and take notice.

blah blah enemy from voyager blah blah new rep system blah bloody blah we are calling next season season 8 because we can't count and this should really be season 9 blah blah
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    State of the game = PWE still not paying out stipends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

• astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally I think the new enemy may be the Vidiian's the krenim or the voth. I'm leaning towards the krenim but I think it'll be voth, there was a interview a year or so back where the devs mentioned they'd like to add the voth to sto's storyline when they got the chance and their relation to other species that might be related like the gorn and saurians.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brencarden wrote: »
    I think I may have figured this out !!!

PVE = playing with yourself with a random group of ppl and you point your ship at a cube then watch cube NOT distribute shields use tac team or heal itself.
    Pass the ELITE STF get the optional everyone says GG and they go off to pug another STF and feel real GOOD that their ships are super powerful that they can kill anything that happens to walk in front of them. Wooooooot woooot !!! No one fails, no one left behind, no broken dreams of greatness because ELITE STFS DONT FAIL. . . . you can do Infected Elite space with 3 ppl ffs!!!!!! Its a joke and it got boring after I did the same map 100+ times, Yes I have the accolades to prove it!!!!

The thing that bothers PVE players about pvp is that they come across a FIVE man team that is connected thru Team speak or Ventrillo, that heals shields or hull when taking damage, that will run and flee when taking fire, will shut off engines and shields and will make them look like utter TRIBBLE when they get killed in a single volley of cannon fire from the Jem'Hadar attack ship!!!!

AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO COMPETE!!!!!!

Why would a pve player join in a pvp just to be a meat shield or a bullet catcher???

15-0 matches are not fun for the winners or the losers!!!!

If you are a pvp player you spend billions of EC on the best gear the best consoles the best ships etc. you have 2 Tactical teams and when your 5 man team enters an Elite STF it feels like your fighting kittens and care bears!!! If it wasn't for invisible torps I don't think anyone from my team would get killed in an Elite STF.

If your knocking PVP it means you probably get SMOKED in the arena and would benefit from doing something like a pvp bootcamp!!!!

And hey after you master PVP you will be surprised on how LAME PVE is in this game and be BEGGING for the same changes the rest of the pvp community is begging for!!!!!

Mate, don't judge others by your own Epeen standard. I don't care about PVP whether i live or die, smoked or woodsmoked, its all the same to me.

The reason i get annoyed with PVP players (and you just 100% confirmed why so many people think like me) is because they are all such sanctimonious little b*****s about their precious PVP, and how awesome they are BECAUSE THEY CAN WORK IN A TEAM. WOW! I remember my first team based MMO fun, about 10 years ago. I mean look at your reaction here. I reacted to someone trying to belittle me, and your response is to try harder instead of commenting on what i said. Well done.

Good luck to you is what i say. Carry on flying round in your 5 man team, wasting PUG players, thinking you are a future version of Tom Cruise. Meanwhile back at the ranch, desperately hoping for a PVP content and crying on the forums about it. Anyone with half a brain knows it will never arrive. Cryptic can't afford to waste a whole episode of development on a minority of people that like PVP. Its your time to waste.

It honestly doesn't bother me. I just wish you could go and do it somewhere else so this game can be a good PVE game and not get held back by trying to balance your comedy sideshow PVP. Always meakes me chuckle, the answer to people who think everyone is saying something bad about PVP is because they can't handle it. Its really not that hard, hate to burst your bubble. I guess killing all the PVE PUGs like me has inflated your ego.

Next.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We should call this State of Development, because nothing about the game is really mentioned. The game has a large number of serious bugs that are being ignored in favour of season 8.. like always.

The poll is a bit too vague to be useful.
    Enterprise had some great ideas that were never able to be completed. The Xindi is a huge thing we are lacking in game, along with a lot of one off races that were fun.

TNG had even more one offs, its fairly well represented in the game seeing as its a variety show of the newer era.

DS9 was a whole series dedicated to Bajor/Cardassia and the Dominion. Seeing how major that influence was in the show, we aren't represented very well here. A episode series.. but that is it. We don't even have much in the way of minor species in the game, oddly its the only area of space where the Doff system feels complete. The Dominon's style of combat could definitely refresh the game if elite missions were created.

Voyager was a terrible series writing wise. The borg are over represented in the game, the early years of voyager could definitely have some missing influence. Talaxians are pretty far travelled, the Ocampa could turn into anything, the caretakers could be anywhere. I don't see how the Kazon could be a major threat, but I'm sure they'll get access to some technology and become one. Sad that it is winning the poll.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Many? Are you taking polls on ESD again?

Seriously though, I think the state of the game report wasn't that bad. Was it? Sure I am not looking forward to more grind in the form of reputations and fleet holdings. But there will be more featured episodes, more adventure zones, and hopefully some exploration "in a much better way." That sounds promising.

Also there seems to be some confusion about a new faction. Although there seem to be no plans for a faction season 9, Next year season 10 may have one. And when that faction comes, it will hopefully be Dominon/Cardassian or both. This game may have a lot of DS9, but I would take that over Voyager any day of the week. Many voyager species like the kazon are Klingon derivatives. By Voyager there was a burnout of Star Trek not just for the viewers, but obviously the writers as well. Many episodes felt like you had seen them 3 times already (And many of the time you had). Some how integrating the voyager crew is one thing, but from what I saw of the delta quadrant, I don't want to go there.

What about all the IP that is being overlooked in this poll? I would get a real kick out of some more tos ships like the daedalus, some 3 nacelle constitution class destroyers and other obscure borderline cannon ships. How about TWOK? We have the Temporal Ambassador mission but no one is wearing the crimson motion picture uniforms, what gives? I don't have those yet, but I would love an excuse to buy some.

And what is meant by just breaking content into series. Certainly there are stylistic differences between tng and ds9, but this game is about shooting things. Even our tng content will likely feel more like ds9. I don't think it is just because the designers like ds9. In fact playing the game and re-watching tng, has really made me appreciate all the subtle references that range from the names of foods and drinks, components, energies, consoles, etc. In this way, STO does seem to really do the IP justice.

To conclude, I guess I am advocating for episodes and exploration over reputations and "grinds," an integrated approach to adding IP content over a "series" approach, and Jem Haddar. I want to play a Jem Haddar.
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Won't vote because I haven't actually seen TNG, DS9 or ENT but...

Xindi - I only know them from hearsay and I love them already. Just so darn ALIEN. Someone in our fleet RPs an experimental prototype partly-flooded ship and has a Xindi Aquan as his first officer.

Non-corporeals of whatever kind - I know it'd be hard to keep up without the whole plot going out of balance, but it would be fun if you could. I wonder who... I love the Organians but they'd probably burst into tears after five minutes in 2409. The Thasians possibly. "General Trelawny" of Gothos would have the time of his life... Those races are basically a standing plot hole. Anyone that could get one on their side would pretty much have the war over and done with. There might be a plot in that somewhere...

Horta as DOffs or even BOffs - See Xindi. Somebody did point out that, as they're shown as a more or less intelligent species, it's slightly weird that in the game they feature only as tame animals. And frankly, if one Horta is capable of looking after 50,000 little Horta, then I want one as my Operations Officer :cool:

What became of that idea of tying Foundry missions into the exploration system? I thought that was brilliant.

The less I see of the reputation system the better I'll be pleased.
  • lotusmoonlotusmoon Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    wombat140 wrote: »
    Non-corporeals of whatever kind - I know it'd be hard to keep up without the whole plot going out of balance, but it would be fun if you could. I wonder who... I love the Organians but they'd probably burst into tears after five minutes in 2409. The Thasians possibly. "General Trelawny" of Gothos would have the time of his life... Those races are basically a standing plot hole. Anyone that could get one on their side would pretty much have the war over and done with. There might be a plot in that somewhere...
    I was just wondering yesterday what happened to the Organians considering all the war breaking out. But they would make an interesting counter force to the Iconians. I don't think the Iconians are incorporeal but they may have enough technology to actually counteract the Organians meaning it wouldn't be a sure win for either side.

It would also be interesting to see what would happen if the Organians were forced into wade into the war to try and stop the galaxy from ripping itself apart but to do so without fighting themselves.

Another race of interest would be the Douwd. Imagine what would happen if warring factions found themselves in hot water with the Douwd for warring too close to planets of interest to the Douwd... I bet one good shot from a Douwd could force at least a temporary galactic ceasefire to keep from being wiped out of existence. But the Douwb might be a little too powerful for the current storylines.
  • hawkeye8063hawkeye8063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I would absolutely most like to see is the Cardassians released as a faction.
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i've been wanting to see the vaudwaur in game for a long time now ... I'm just saying dragon's teeth is awesome.
  • trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does movies 2-6 count as TOS? The eras were so distinctly different they should probably be split.
    Don't phaze me, bro!
This discussion has been closed.