What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash to Desktop (7/18/13) **Fixed with emergency patch 7/19**

Comments

• Options
    skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crashed about 4 times in the last 2 hours. Twice in BU sector space (idle), once on DS9, and another time I had stepped AFK and when I returned it had crashed to desktop. Can't remember where my character was when that happened.

I have not been able to see any report IDs, they seem to be crashing too.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crash - Character select screen
    Crash - standing on Risa
    Crash - Flying through Sector Space

in all cases the reporting box disappears so fast I couldn't get the Error Report #
  • Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thought I would try to clean up the mail in case this might be causing a problem. No good. Still crashed.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yakuin wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat here buddy. Put 138 hours into the game the last 2 weeks according to steam. Played no problem. After patch today...........constant crashing every 10-20 minutes or so.

This. Exact same thing has happened since the launch. Until this is fixed, I can't even play, it's not worth the time to jump on, to get randomly kicked off in short order. Please fix.
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Only started Happening since today's patch.

Here is where i crashed:

Crash: In exchange menu (New Romulus Command)

Crash: Standing near ship selector (new Romulus Command)

Crash: Sitting in New Romulus Orbit

I hope you guys can fix this soon.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    shad0wnyxshad0wnyx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Patch has introduced a crash error, when in game randomly it crashes to desktop even when idle. Have a fleet members experiencing the same issue. Force verify does not fix this, it keeps happening.

..regression testing...
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This whole issue makes the following post from earlier today so much funnier. :)
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11455221&post11455221
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Come on Craptic, announce that emergency maintenance tonight at 12 PM already.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well guys it's on risa every 28-45 minutes and come to think of it, it's as the horga'hns hunt starts all 6 crashes so far, the crash report # and box dissapear before i even get a number.

Perhaps if messing with server stability cuases this crash, then maybe the stability needs left alone?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was running a foundry mission and now I can't even log into the launcher.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crashed four times. Three on Risa. Once on New Romulus. All within an hour and a half time frame.

Couldn't submit a crash report, because the report feature closes out within two to three seconds of popping up.

The launcher verified the files in all instances of restarting. No problem there.

If it matters, I was playing through Steam.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In Ker'rat on fed side, at the same time as a fleetmate in the same instance.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ^^ What he says...

The devs are already investigating it though. It's time for me to crash as well (to bed that is).
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This time during Risa Daily, Just as the Horga'hns hunt is ending wich i was not involved in, and this time i noticed before the cryptic error box disapeared in only 15 seconds, it said requesting error report # and then ended on unknown.

Ialso play through steam, is this a push to force ark on us?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    since the patch, my game has crashed to desktop around 10 times this last couple hours.

first i was putting things on the exchange.. it did it 3 times in a row..
    next i entered a STF.. it crashed when i was changing maps. coming in and out.

then now just sitting at the bank moving stuff around, it crashed a few more times.

i am verifying all the files now.. for the 3rd time..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont know what u bugged in this patch, but from this one the game suddenly crash in PvP. I did 3 match before and 3 times the game crashed without no apparently reason :confused:

Is this happening only to me or what?
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've experienced some crashing today as well. Hopefully this is something they'll have sorted soon.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw four fleetmates get this issue at the same time, all in different places, two of which were in a queue with me and another fleetmate who 'survived' it.

My science team theorise that it's either localised ion storms causing total ship malfunctions or some new Elachi device being tested by the Tal Shiar.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ditto... This is my 5th random CTD today vs the 2 I've had in the last 6months

-V
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My team of 5 crashed on Khitomer Elite today. Couldn't submit a report number as it also went seconds afterwards. I also think the whole thing went down for the most part cause seconds after relogging back in ESD was pretty much empty of ships.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I read a theory that when a DOff mission nears completion is causes a crash, no clue if that is true or not. The missions I have running are a hour or two out.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    shad0wnyxshad0wnyx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Random crashing
    not zone specific
    crash report.... not possible.. that crashes also.
    Force verify - does not help

Patch (-100% resistance to stability)
    (poor regression testing) - expose
    critical hit
    Crash.

:P
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crashed while getting to the logout button. Perfect time to crash, eh? lol. :-)
  • Options
    philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not adding much, but here's my input.

Crashed twice, once on Drozana Staton at the tailor, and once going into Delta Volanis.

No previous history of crashing prior to the patch, but both of these crashes came within an hour of each other following the patch.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Thanks to everyone who has submitted reports in this thread! They've helped us track down the issue, which should be resolved in tomorrow's patch during our emergency maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was on Risa working on my account bank when the crash happened.

I got the error message to type in the issue, however, it TOO crashed without giving me a ticket number to provide to you.
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks to everyone who has submitted reports in this thread! They've helped us track down the issue, which should be resolved in tomorrow's patch during our emergency maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'd rather have the server brought down now and fixed than to constantly keep crashing randomly especially when you people KNOW THE ISSUE! why wait? FIX IT NOW!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    robodikrobodik Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So my game crashed about 8 times today, with no patterns. I play a bit in Crystalline Entity Elite and right when it's finished, crashed! Also while walking around First City... BAM crashed and no time to enter the reason for crash in that popup because it crashes as well. Oh and I was alt tabbing to browse some topics on this issue and BAM crashed again. It's pretty comical but really ****ing annoying. Everything was fine until you guys ****ed up the patch... and since I'm here, Are you guys ever going to fix the KDF Fireworks Launcher console so players can actually claim the fireworks? It would be nice to have that fix before some of us die of old age.
This discussion has been closed.