Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 18, 2013) [Complete!]

12346»

Comments

• Options
    sammaelussammaelus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess dead NPC's on Risa stay dead? Have to have balance since players don't die? :D
    What happens on Risa, stays on Risa:cool:
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sammaelus wrote: »
    Looking for answer?

I suggest you get a firm grip on concepts of logic and reality. While multiple accounts *may* be not allowed for normal players, do you really expect devs to be playing on they rainbow colored <Dev> prefixed nicknames and eat verbal abuse from the likes of you?
    So, how did I become the enemy? Likes of me? Get a grip on reality?

Developers need to have multiple accounts, for they run the game at home and work.

Customers do not have the same software privileges as a developer, administrator, or publisher.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would.... but im too lazy to grind up another character.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    Bran
    can you please sort out the problems with chat please.

i can Private Message a player but they can't Private Message me back because it is telling them that i am ignoring them, when in actual fact there is no ones name in my ignore list.

they can Private Message me but only if i add them as friends.

this is effecting our fleet recruiting process, so please could you look into this.

i have checked my settings and i can't see anywhere else i can tweek settings to get this working properly.

thanks

Have you tried removing the checkmark in "only friends may send private messages" in the settings? :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bran
    can you please sort out the problems with chat please.

i can Private Message a player but they can't Private Message me back because it is telling them that i am ignoring them, when in actual fact there is no ones name in my ignore list.

they can Private Message me but only if i add them as friends.

this is effecting our fleet recruiting process, so please could you look into this.

i have checked my settings and i can't see anywhere else i can tweek settings to get this working properly.

thanks
    Have you tried removing the checkmark in "only friends may send private messages" in the settings? :D

^^What he said!^^
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    So, how did I become the enemy? Likes of me? Get a grip on reality?

Developers need to have multiple accounts, for they run the game at home and work.

Customers do not have the same software privileges as a developer, administrator, or publisher.
    5 seconds in google, official response on multiple accounts from colored nickname. You're welcome.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5951181&postcount=4
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am looking for the answer. I am pretty sure you are not allowed to have more than one account.

You're not allowed to have more than one forum account. Game accounts are not forum accounts.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    5 seconds in google, official respopnse on multiple accounts from dev. You're welcome.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5951181&postcount=4

You mean Moderator, and he isn't exactly sure
    syberghost wrote: »
    Note, however, that you may only have one FORUM account. Multiple game accounts don't appear to be prohibited in the PWE EULA (I am neither an attorney nor a PWE employee, but that's my opinion), but multiple forum accounts are expressly prohibited in the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=127&a=51
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    You're not allowed to have more than one forum account. Game accounts are not forum accounts.

Aren't they one in the same. Sign up for game, receive access to forums too? <--- is this a question, not a statement
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013

yep done that
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You mean Moderator, and he isn't exactly sure

Nitpicking aside, I am still correct.
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    we will have a post in a bit from bran saying the maintenance has been extended.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Well that's a matter of opinion really, you claim to have found an answer and you haven't, you've found an opinion.
  • Options
    jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For those complaining, you really only have yourselves to blame.

Recent posts on the forums have made is perfectly clear that the mail is not a storage facility, even if some are using it that way.

Knowing the above, common sense would say, clear it out before they make any more changes.

Instead, the more vocal users have complained about the changes and ignored the trend in the changes that have been coming down the pipe.

Again, you only have yourselves to blame for this.

Common Doff's are so overpriced on the Exchange that people hoard them for Fleet projects.

People hoarding them for fleet projects is keeping the prices artificially inflated, causing more hoarding of the common doffs.

Do those of you who hoard see the pattern? Common Sense, again, should make this obvious.

Stop hoarding and the prices should fall.

Falling prices means it is easier, and less expensive, for people to buy the doff's as needed for fleet projects if they do not already have ones in their Doff Roster.

If it is less costly to buy the doff's as needed, then there is no need to hoard.

If there is no need to hoard, then there is no need to pretend that your mail and the exchange is your personal bank/storage.

All around it would cause less drain on the servers used to store the mail and exchange, causing less drain on the system, freeing up devs to concentrate on other projects instead of wasting hours maintaining a system that is being forced to do what it wasn't designed, nor intended, to do.

Again, in the end, you only have yourselves to blame for the current state of affairs.

As for those complaining about Cryptic not fixing other bugs and issues because of this.

1. you have NO clue what kind of drain it is causing on the system, thus affecting/causing other issues.

2. Devs work in teams. One team may be working on server stability issues. You know, those issues that are caused by lag and drain on the system trying to store all of your hoarded items? And another Team may be working on specific bugs. Not every issues will be ready for release a the same time. So just stop complaining, because you are contributing nothing to the conversation.

3. And this is my personal opinion based on 4+ years working in and on another gaming platform/company. Stop abusing the damn system and they wouldn't have to nerf stuff to try to control the abuse.

And yes, in my personal opinion, it is abuse. Some people are specifically using the system, and abusing the design of the system, for their own personal gain, thus causing problems for others, and causing a drain/problems with the whole system.

I have 3 active Fed toons and 1 bank toon. I would LOVE to be able to list more than 40 items at a time on the exchange, thus being able to maximize my play time on the active toons instead of having to spend 1 hour a day on the bank toon listing content on the exchange and then waiting sales so I can list more stuff.

This isn't going to happen because some people are hoarding items and causing problems on the system. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for TRIBBLE my game time.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    we will have a post in a bit from bran saying the maintenance has been extended.

A good opportunity to try neverwinter.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Soooooo basically they didn't fix a single major issue in this patch at all and fixed something that was a non-issue?!

As far as Doff prices are concerned, how about making it so that it doesn't take 2-3 days to get these new doff assignements from the academy. I'm pretty sure it didn't take that long especially after the dominion war to get new officers to their posts.

I'm highly disappointed that no one over there took the time out of their day to actually look in the forums about the glaring imbalance issues, the issues with ground Doffs not procing their special abilities for Science or the issues where the load times are horrendous only in certain things while other newer items have really quick load times, it just seems like no one is paying attention to the REAL problems this game has.

That was the shortest patch notes I'd ever seen in a game riddled with very old bugs and design flaws! What gives?!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    When I saw that particular posing in google, I was worried that something would be lost in translation. Since the original post was made in German, I didn't want to give anyone false information.

Approximately six month ago, I remember talking about this subject. I also remember being told that only one account is allowed. I may have been on the phone with customer service; thus, I am having a hard time finding an appropriate response.
    Not necessarily. As a result of the answer not being clear, we will need a developer, community leader, or admin to give us some insight.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The best i can do is make assumptions here.

In the Perfect world EULA, in most sections excluding section '4. Account', accounts are referred to, i assume then that one user may have multiple accounts.

[supplemental] The use of the word 'accounts' maybe purely grammatical.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The best i can do is make assumptions here.

In the Perfect world EULA, in most sections excluding section '4. Account', accounts are referred to, i assume then that one user may have multiple accounts.
    Or, one account per Perfect World game?

We need someone like Branflakes to answer the question.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Green light games back
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jessiecolt wrote: »
    For those complaining, you really only have yourselves to blame.

Recent posts on the forums have made is perfectly clear that the mail is not a storage facility, even if some are using it that way.

Knowing the above, common sense would say, clear it out before they make any more changes.

Instead, the more vocal users have complained about the changes and ignored the trend in the changes that have been coming down the pipe.

Again, you only have yourselves to blame for this.

Common Doff's are so overpriced on the Exchange that people hoard them for Fleet projects.

People hoarding them for fleet projects is keeping the prices artificially inflated, causing more hoarding of the common doffs.

Do those of you who hoard see the pattern? Common Sense, again, should make this obvious.

Stop hoarding and the prices should fall.

Falling prices means it is easier, and less expensive, for people to buy the doff's as needed for fleet projects if they do not already have ones in their Doff Roster.

If it is less costly to buy the doff's as needed, then there is no need to hoard.

If there is no need to hoard, then there is no need to pretend that your mail and the exchange is your personal bank/storage.

All around it would cause less drain on the servers used to store the mail and exchange, causing less drain on the system, freeing up devs to concentrate on other projects instead of wasting hours maintaining a system that is being forced to do what it wasn't designed, nor intended, to do.

Again, in the end, you only have yourselves to blame for the current state of affairs.

As for those complaining about Cryptic not fixing other bugs and issues because of this.

1. you have NO clue what kind of drain it is causing on the system, thus affecting/causing other issues.

2. Devs work in teams. One team may be working on server stability issues. You know, those issues that are caused by lag and drain on the system trying to store all of your hoarded items? And another Team may be working on specific bugs. Not every issues will be ready for release a the same time. So just stop complaining, because you are contributing nothing to the conversation.

3. And this is my personal opinion based on 4+ years working in and on another gaming platform/company. Stop abusing the damn system and they wouldn't have to nerf stuff to try to control the abuse.

And yes, in my personal opinion, it is abuse. Some people are specifically using the system, and abusing the design of the system, for their own personal gain, thus causing problems for others, and causing a drain/problems with the whole system.

I have 3 active Fed toons and 1 bank toon. I would LOVE to be able to list more than 40 items at a time on the exchange, thus being able to maximize my play time on the active toons instead of having to spend 1 hour a day on the bank toon listing content on the exchange and then waiting sales so I can list more stuff.

This isn't going to happen because some people are hoarding items and causing problems on the system. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for TRIBBLE my game time.
    So much FAIL in this post.

The changes were maid a month ago, todays patch notes are what wasn't in the patch notes when they made the mail changes. A week later they tweeked those changes and most everyone lost every attachment they had in the mail system.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Or, one account per Perfect World game?

Perhaps, but I would also assume, that you would be expected to use the same account, for alternate games, however, i would also understand if someone didn't realise, that say neverwinter and sto were both PWE and possibly made a different account, with a different e-mail.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Before you close could you answer the question about multiple 'game' accounts please
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps, but I would also assume, that you would be expected to use the same account, for alternate games, however, i would also understand if someone didn't realise, that say neverwinter and sto were both PWE and possibly made a different account, with a different e-mail.
    I wonder if that is a reason why Arc exists.

At one point or another, Cryptic did have a rule that said, "Each player within a household needs to have a separate account'. (paraphrase).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if that is a reason why Arc exists.

At one point or another, Cryptic did have a rule that said, "Each person in a household needs to have a separate account'. (paraphrase).

Yeah there was something i spotted in the EULA about an account should only be used by one person.
  • Options
    djmetal1981djmetal1981 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Being a mod in another game company, I've learned to read those ToS, EULA, and whatever other documents they put out well. There is nothing specific about the number of accounts (that I could find) anywhere here.

The one forum account thing, however, is completely understandable. It makes solving tickets and all that 100 times easier, and you don't have trolls hiding behind multiple accounts just to bug regular users (I deal with this a LOT in the forums I mod).
    CelSTOsig_zps60r2fa18.jpg
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Maintenance completed earlier! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.