test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Mail **UPDATE: Items now back on Holodeck with the 7/11 patch**

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    We are still currently on track for getting your missing items back to you tomorrow, and are testing this on Tribble now. If you had items go missing on Tribble, please check to see if they are back. Thanks for your patience as our teams worked on this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's just say I have my fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a complete mail system meltdown that takes the bank with it...
    my missing items are not showing up in the email, but are in my inventory? strange!
    - from the tribble patch notes thread
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a sneaking suspicion we're about to see bug reports related to the inventory overflow bag explode in number.
  • arzubazman0arzubazman0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi dear Devs!

I was on Tribble to check if my emails are back.
    Result: Now I have even less emails then after the first delete-process.
    It's really fantastic so far, great.

bye
    Miss Arzu Bazman
    http://bazmandev.com
    -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    You're not the only one:
    valenn1 wrote: »
    I now have even less mails than before, i lost everything except the last message i got (Item sold in the exchange, from july 4).

Oh, and nothing in the inventory

...And it goes live tomorrow.

WONDERFUL !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We are still currently on track for getting your missing items back to you tomorrow, and are testing this on Tribble now. If you had items go missing on Tribble, please check to see if they are back. Thanks for your patience as our teams worked on this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is such good news Brandon - thanks so much.

I have no idea if I had missing items on Tribble. :(

What will be the 'from' address on the returned items?

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    You're not the only one:

...And it goes live tomorrow.

WONDERFUL !

TRIBBLE - didn't read these messages.

omg, I can't take it anymore. <sigh> Stuff was in my mail because I didn't have inventory space for it. Wonder where the doffs turn up.

I don't get it, I guess I'll log in to Tribble and see what, if anything, is there. :confused:

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tribble doesn't seem to have any of my missing mail in it. If anything it might have a few fewer messages.
  • gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well if the mail is not returned i'm out of here, cant keep wasteting my life away here anyway.
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I got to Tribble server just now, but I dont see my mails any ware, I have even less mail than on holodeck.

I am not very pleased with this result as you guys can imagine.

Edit: Did not read it right about lost mail on tribble, I will wait till holodeck is updated. Hope fully i will be pleased than :)
    edited July 2013
    Well I got to Tribble server just now, but I dont see my mails any ware, I have even less mail than on holodeck.

I am not very pleased with this result as you guys can imagine.

Edit: Did not read it right about lost mail on tribble, I will wait till holodeck is updated. Hope fully i will be pleased than :)

Fingers crossed. No idea what I'll find when I log in, but I cleared my mailbox so there is absolutely nothing in there right now. And nothing on the Exchange, just in case they use the 'did not sell' mail return system to return items.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

edited July 2013
    Now we'll see if the patch has any beneficial effect toward our mail whoa's on holodeck.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    well well; mail problem seems fixed but it looks like hell to get all the things back in place returned doffs are returned in name so unknown what kind they are; but it looks like thats about all that is returnend to me.

i'm i alone in this or is anybody else still missing items ?
    edited July 2013
    forget about it mail is still pouring in seems like i really really has a lot of mails and TRIBBLE in there
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some items returned, mostly doffs. Only 2 returned item mails with actual "items" attached other than doffs. My guess is that this is a WAI and we each only received a specific number of mails with attachments returned to us. So, screwed yet again by Cryptic...all the stuff I had bought with my various marks back before the dilithium conversion to reduce my getting screwed then is all gone now. Ok, time for me to give in and finally admit it "You win Cryptic! You have succeeded in taking away all I had worked for before the first conversion." So next it will probably be my borg stuff still in my inventory or equipped on toons and ships that will disappear for no reason.
  • robinphoenixxrobinphoenixx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So far, it looks like my missing mail AND items have/are being returned.

Cyptic, if all sorts out well, and it looks like it will, my warm thanks for your hard work in retrieving my missing items. Please don't misplace them again :)

By the way, how many missing items do I have to retreive before receiving an Accolade? :P
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My mail is still not fixed after the patch.

Can't see any NEW mail and nobody is able to send me any mail either plaintext or with attachements.

The only mail I could see before the patch was (all) my old mail and new exchange mails.
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I just logged on and I have a lot of recovered mail items, sorry it is not working for everyone!
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • sov888sov888 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thanks to the team to get our stuff back - it wasn't there initially but if you wait for a few minutes, the mails will return - these are only the recovered items and yes you lose your original subject names as they are titled with the name of each object (1st in the group) better than nothing and good to have it back now

i don't have any non-attachment mails however, again these only held sentimental value so nice to have but guess I can live without it
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is a bit messy in my mail now but I got my mail back on holodeck, thanks for that cryptic.
  • schizojrschizojr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In case of the Doffs being shown by name in the ingame email, you can use the search function of STOWiki, since most of the them are listed there:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

It will let you at least determine what profession and faction they really are.
  • stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i just wanted to report tha tmy mmail list is still schreded prior to 6-6-2013 so plz can u help me out i am curently traveling past my list of alts to see if it some how got mailed back to sender and is no longer in the @******* prefix so
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got back some but not all.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got my stuff back but am now being forced to clear most everything out to have an useable mailbox.

I really wonder if the mail 'loss' was engineered for this very purpose. Now that all the grandfathered mails have been returned they count against your limit in the new system.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Got my stuff back but am now being forced to clear most everything out to have an useable mailbox.

I really wonder if the mail 'loss' was engineered for this very purpose. Now that all the grandfathered mails have been returned they count against your limit in the new system.

i would assume so as well..

i still dont see the purpose of this change..

people can still send you over 100 items.. you just cant receive them until you clear out your old items.

this means they are still in the system taking up the same space.

this also means many people are going to create extra accounts to send items to. taking up more space.

not really planned out..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I still have no mail from the Exchange returns that never got returned that were on the Exchange prior to the LoR season episode launch. When am I getting my lost Exchange items back?
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    people can still send you over 100 items.. you just cant receive them until you clear out your old items.

this is false. the sender will be unable to send that mail
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    this is false. the sender will be unable to send that mail

i will test this out, cause the dev post said that the unsent email will go into limbo and will be retrieved when the email is cleared out.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • milkmanmhocmilkmanmhoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm.. still no stuff back...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got mail back. Is it all of it? No idea.
    All the mail subject lines are not what I had, so finding anything is a pain in the TRIBBLE.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.