What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 11, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You'd think the issue with the glaringly obvious UI bugs regarding opening the status window and Bridge officers appear as ships, causing DOFF department heads to move around would have been addressed by now. It happens every time you zone.
  • Options
    skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 11th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

This is all swell and good, but when are us foundry authors going to see some fixes coming our way? Any info would be appreciated ^.^
    My Foundry Missions:
    The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad to see some of these fixes. And the original Romulan outfits being fixed as well. This makes me more happy to buy one now. And the new one as well in the future.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have 74 attachments total in emails dated after May 20th which is below the 100 limit. I cannot send nor receive emails, with or without attachments, on any character on the account. Is this patch going to fix my issue?

I have the same issue. Also my mail icon is constantly blinking green.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    superderk wrote: »
    Same here, i have 2 toons with this problem, one of which will not have time to complete the event and get a ship because the problem started on the second or third day of the event.

I've given up on trying to get the Corvette...

To many problems trying to do the hover-pack thingy and buggy game play + CTD's.

It wasn't really something I needed anyway.

It's purdy in all, but it's just not worth all the bother.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pls dont bother restoring my mail i dont want and cant delete hundreads of thousands of mail.

PLS PLS PLS

give me a option to not recive exchange mail. AND A FRAKING DELETE all button for the love of baby jesus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    celticjedicelticjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    How about a fix for the people with lockbox ships who are not allowed to purchase the hangar pets and weapons that go with their ship? Is that being looked into yet? My friends have bug reports in, but I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes about it, unless I missed it...

I had lots of fun making the Borg ground bosses dance, lol.

+1 for this fix! but i wont hold my breath :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rippingtonrippington Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    How about a fix for the people with lockbox ships who are not allowed to purchase the hangar pets and weapons that go with their ship? Is that being looked into yet? My friends have bug reports in, but I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes about it, unless I missed it...

Please fix this bug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no Romulan Alien size bug fix
    (bug after joining a faction, resets size limits from 4'6'' to 7'0'' to 5'6'' to 6'4'')
    +
    party ball nerf
    =
    sadface :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    nacrananacrana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mail-Attachmend will be fixed... if dont i run amok!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have 74 attachments total in emails dated after May 20th which is below the 100 limit. I cannot send nor receive emails, with or without attachments, on any character on the account. Is this patch going to fix my issue?

Do you by chance happen to have those 74 attachments spread out among 20 individual mails? If yes, you've reached the limit. From what I tried, 100 attachments isn't the limit, 20 messages is (which, 5 attachments per mail max, corresponds to a 100 items).

You can try that by getting rid of a message with less than 5 attachments (after claiming them, naturally) and trying to send yourself another with 5 attachments (just more than were in the deleted one).

Of course, official communication lacking, I have no clue if that's the intended functionality (or rather lack thereof).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    yeoman85yeoman85 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    and still no fix for defence contract computer core fragment drops... :confused:
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Subspace Party Amplifier can no longer be activated in combat, and will vanish immediately if there is combat nearby.

This "fix" just made the sun dissapear over here :( ... No more happy newly assimilated Deferi, no more bosses who feel like dancing instead of "taking over the *whatever they want*".

Awwww...

It seems we have to revert back to this instead.. *sad face*
  • Options
    pentarspentars Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I agree.

Though posted similar in another thread, the Corvette doesn't really interest me. Saw one in Azure rescue yesterday, and whilst it could've been down to player/build, it's performance appeared quite underwhelming.

Anyway - whilst I can see the appeal to others, the whole Risa (and winter event for that matter) thing holds limited appeal to me; I don't particuarly enjoy flying/skating around to earn a ludicrous number of pears/whatever. I realise that the Corvette is free, but I don't get a whole lot of time to spend on STO and I'll be damned if I am going to spend all of it flying around to obtain a stupid number of prize items for a ship that I am not overly bothered about.

I totally understand. With Fleet Marks, Omega Command Marks, Romulan Marks, Nukara and Dilithium, who has time for flying a bunch of loop-d-loops. All I ever do in game now is grinding. Sorry Perfect World but this time you can keep your nice pretty new toy. I'm already burnt out with all the the carrots dangling in front of me, I don't need any more to add to that. Some people do have lives outside of the game. I do enjoy playing STO but I just want to have fun. I don't want the game to feel like a job. So this time I'm passing on the ship and Risa.
    I fly with my tailgate down.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 11th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

In the patch notes, you say, "The TOS Romulan uniforms should now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items should now match each other." The highlighted words is why I have to ask the following question. Does that statement mean this fix hasn't been tested? I ask because if it has been tested, I would think it would be phrased, The TOS Romulan uniforms will now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items all now match each other.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for fixing the mail bug!
    :)
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In the patch notes, you say, "The TOS Romulan uniforms should now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items should now match each other." The highlighted words is why I have to ask the following question. Does that statement mean this fix hasn't been tested? I ask because if it has been tested, I would think it would be phrased, The TOS Romulan uniforms will now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items all now match each other.

Playing devil's advocate here...
    I would phrase it the exact same way if I we're writing the patch notes.
    Since it is probably nearly impossible to test every possible costume/race/gender permutation in game.
    So it might be possible that there is a combination of the above that still results in weirdness which can then be dealt with when reported because it is not directly related to the issue they fixed.

Every time a bug is absolutely straight forward and has no relation to hundreds of variables it would be save to call the bug squashing fact.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have to add my voice to the other people here who aren't going to be able to finish the event because of the bug. One of my characters (that being the one I would have liked to get the ship), is most likely going to be unable to get it now.

My character bugged rather early on in the event and although in theory I should be fine as the Risa Event went on for so long I realised that it is actually not running as long as the event is.

Before anyone points it out, yes I bet Cryptic are laughing all the way to the bank as it means people are going to have to use lobi to get the pearls, i.e. spend money or grind dilithium, and most people don't have that sort of time.

I'd like to think they'll extend the time we have to get the ship, however I'm very sceptical. Well done Cryptic, I'm going now to get some Romulan Ale to cheer my Romulan up, she'll probably want a full stack...
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While all those fixes are very welcome if they don't break something else and as always, kudos for fixing them, I must ask:

When are you gonna fix the ship tailor? Because having a black and grey ship you can only fix if your ship has more than 1 default model isn't fun. Especially if it's a summer corvette that is supposed to be colorful.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Exciting! One hour of work for me left, then another hour cycling home, then another hour doing what the wife wants...

:D

Please Bran, don't let me down and let me play after i am done doing the things i mentioned above :P.

Good luck with patching!
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hey Bran - Not to be a nag about this, but we were asked to log in to check if the mail item thing was fixed on Holodeck. There was a lot of confusion regarding the separation of mail between Holodeck and Tribble (when did that happen, btw?).

Any-who, I posted results I could verify, asked about whom the sender will be, but not sure if anyone paid any attention. There are no replies from any Cryptic people; just wondering if they've double-checked after asking for feedback, is it still going live, what should we expect to see?

I cleared my mailbox; it's completely empty. Hope to find all my stuff in there after the patch. Just some additional information so I know whether what I see is what is expected would be nice. Thx

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    chanman570chanman570 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it happens every 20 min I play gets very annoying \\// (commander)
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is another issue I've noticed as well if I may bring it to attention...

The fleet logo designer does not display colors correctly in the middle of the top row of the color palette. If you click on a yellow color to put on your logo, it comes green instead. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this.
  • Options
    alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the Subspace party amplifyer needs to have a 1 hour Cooldown time between use because me and some friends were rping on Risa and a troll flew by multiple times untill he caused us all to dc.
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    • The Captain's Table will now properly gate access based on veteran or lifetime status.

Does this mean the CT will start becoming useful again? How's about adding a deep discount commodity/device vendor for rep stuff? Or a vendor that sells dual-use ship devices? That would drive traffic up!

Agreed, So far lifetime members and 1000 day Vets don't have any use for the CT I have been there twice and found there was no real reason to go there. The current life time member rewards are starting to get stale now As I've said on at least 5 occasions now life timers still are not getting life time member Zen rewards, so what exactly is it that life time members get now as part of being a lifer. As the ship we get is not exactly Competitive any more and is now outdated cause of new ships.

Not that this message will even or ever get a answer as normal, nor will anyone else unless you personally know one of the Tribble fixers.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    michael22133michael22133 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's what we really need.
    YEAH updates it would be good to update nimbus III or make new missions tabs or more in a tab.

There is time to play Star trek online to make time you must be awesome!
    Or there is not time to be awesome to play Star trek online.
    Your Missions await to be done to be gone to go in space to go to ground to boldly go where no one has gone before.
    Go go go you need to go the world is falling in to your hand in Star trek online!

-Michael22133

Thanks for reading this STO post

-Michael22133-
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Not that this message will even or ever get a answer as normal, nor will anyone else unless you personally know one of the Tribble fixers.

THIS is the biggest problem with STO: Players have come to expect to be ignored even when they have legitimate complaints or suggestions.

It might not be true that the devs and community team are ignoring us, but the "perception" among players is that we're being ignored ... and perception is reality whether we like it or not.

Even if the devs are already listening to players the devs and community team need to do a better job of showing that they are listening and taking action on complaints/suggestions.

Sure, you can blow off players as a bunch of whiny complainers (maybe most/all of us are) but as all of those whiners create a chorus of voices complaining about being ignored (both here and in the game) it really makes for an unpleasant game environment.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    tahiriveila88tahiriveila88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know this is complaining on the highest first world problem level but I'm sad to see, that there's no fix for the Cell Ship - ship select..I mean, the bug even made it into the wiki entry about the ship, and it's a prize item, PW wants to earn lots of Zen with, and then something that easy but essential isn't working.. Can't be that hard to check what the difference to the Tuffli-settings are, where the whole thing is working to perfection..
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Great finally a fix to the TOS uniform pallete, thanks. I didn't see the clipping issues the uniform has in the notes, hopefully that gets fixed next.

Or the unnatural female twig legs with the TOS Romulan skirt
This discussion has been closed.