test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STF Quiters

carmen1983090887carmen1983090887 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
i'm sure most of us have had a few of these people that will rage quit from a STF just because things don't go the way they wanted it the first time around. my question is how many times do you run into STF rage quiters when you play?
Post edited by carmen1983090887 on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I stopped pugging STFs loooong ago. I've done a few for fun since then, and I got one rage quitter.

It was in CSE. We were telling this guy in team chat not to blow up the right cube... but he did. So one person rage quitted. Ironically, we completed the game and would have gotten the optional, had he stayed. I should've PMed him about it. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    what you should be asking is how do you better yourself so you dont have people rage and quit on you?
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    carmen1983090887carmen1983090887 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    what you should be asking is how do you better yourself so you dont have people rage and quit on you?

I'm not sure what else I can do really. I have full sets of M.A.C.O. gear both ground and space
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @aarons9 maybe the person is just a giant child that doesn't realize it's a Game and that you don't get the optional in every instance of an eSTF when pugging :P
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im not sure if it's rage quitting, griefing or a glitch but I have played a number of Starbase Defense STFs where the whole team will fight all 8 waves and then 1 or 2 people will leave right at the start of the siege wave. Luckly the three of us that are left tend to be able to finish it but it's still annoying.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    Im not sure if it's rage quitting, griefing or a glitch but I have played a number of Starbase Defense STFs where the whole team will fight all 8 waves and then 1 or 2 people will leave right at the start of the siege wave. Luckly the three of us that are left tend to be able to finish it but it's still annoying.

That's not an STF.

STF's are against the Borg.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i've done hundreds of elite STFs and only ever quit one and that was last weekend because of AFKers

first time I'd seen or even known about the timer you get for quitting an STF
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've only quit 1, hive onslaught, and that was after everyone else had already left.

Guess I couldn't blame them, kind of sucks to get 1 shot killed before getting close enough to take a shot.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    svindal777 wrote: »
    I've only quit 1, hive onslaught, and that was after everyone else had already left.

Guess I couldn't blame them, kind of sucks to get 1 shot killed before getting close enough to take a shot.

Happened to me too, people all gave up on against the uni's...... And I sat there for a moment and thought about going up against them myself.... and then realized how foolish that was and left myself.
  • Options
    lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    need to give players the option to flag afk players, til then there's not much that can be done besides putting excessive bans on STF's for excessive flags (like upto 5 days even)
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    byzanathos wrote: »
    i've done hundreds of elite STFs and only ever quit one and that was last weekend because of AFKers

yea its been that way for a long time.
    just people dont pay attention.

STF - wait out 15mins and you can leave with out being penalized
    other pve queue missions are different with shorter timers

the fleet queues are the same 15min timer before you can leave
    with out a penalty.

if thats what your talking about.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lykum wrote: »
    need to give players the option to flag afk players, til then there's not much that can be done besides putting excessive bans on STF's for excessive flags (like upto 5 days even)

Any kind of self policing like this will likely be abused.

With different play-styles/roles (like having healers) it would be impossible for the game to determine who is not participating and automatically punish AFKers because keyboards and mice can be programmed to fire-off weapons and/or heals.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You'll virtually never have to deal with STF quitters if you stop using the queues, and play STFs only with players you know, or join a dedicated STF chat channel to arrange matches. I honestly believe it's the best and only solution.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    You'll virtually never have to deal with STF quitters if you stop using the queues, and play STFs only with players you know, or join a dedicated STF chat channel to arrange matches. I honestly believe it's the best and only solution.

QFT

This is what I did a couple of years back.

Pugging STFs is to much of a Crapshoot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only pug two things now.

Colony invasion and Azure Nebula.

Azure Nebula has had a few leeches but for the most part it's fine.

Colony invasion... there's one player that I and the rest of the team have carried on NUMEROUS ocassions.

At this point when I see him I politely explain and apologize, then I leave. I will not carry that leeching scum any more.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »

Colony invasion... there's one player that I and the rest of the team have carried on NUMEROUS ocassions.

At this point when I see him I politely explain and apologize, then I leave. I will not carry that leeching scum any more.
    I think I know the guy you are talking about as I also do that one a lot. Haven't seen him for a couple days now.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    svindal777 wrote: »
    I think I know the guy you are talking about as I also do that one a lot. Haven't seen him for a couple days now.

TT? (Not the players name, just initials) Yeah, saw him yesterday. Reported him AGAIN (must be my 12th report on this guy from the same map) apologized to the team and left.
  • Options
    corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The sooner you cry babies realize this is only a video game, the sooner you can get back to leading a stress free gaming experience.

All these posts about afk's, rage quitters, leechers...is becoming quite old.

There is nothing you can do about it. It is not against the TOS.

So play the game how you want to play it, and quit worrying about other people.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    TT? (Not the players name, just initials) Yeah, saw him yesterday. Reported him AGAIN (must be my 12th report on this guy from the same map) apologized to the team and left.

Do you feel like a special internet god when you report this person? LOL

You do realize that reporting will do nothing. Time to stop worrying about other people and how they play the game. It is not your computer, not your internet so just stop complaining.

Best thing you can do is leave like you did.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    The sooner you cry babies realize this is only a video game, the sooner you can get back to leading a stress free gaming experience.

All these posts about afk's, rage quitters, leechers...is becoming quite old.

There is nothing you can do about it. It is not against the TOS.

So play the game how you want to play it, and quit worrying about other people.

Go ahead and do that. Work hard in STFs so others can sit back and reap the rewards... or what's left of them after optionals/the STF itself fails.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Go ahead and do that. Work hard in STFs so others can sit back and reap the rewards... or what's left of them after optionals/the STF itself fails.

I will. I am going to play the game regardless. If that person wants to sit out and leech, let em. I do not care.

Anyways, maybe with an afk in the group the run will become more challenging, these stf's are far to easy anyways. I can handle 1 or 2 afk players in my group. My ship, my gear and my skills are quite high enough to compensate for the loss of a player.

It is not my business what that player is doing.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah happens now and again, its the downside to pugging you can get some awesome teams where you blitz the whole thing very quickly or some less than exceptional people.

I was in a elite conduit awhile back and we had one guy go afk and another rage quit after we didn't get the optional. The 3 of us left still finished it though.

Oh and the rage quitter was one of those people who spams omfg noobs ect ect in chat all the while doing very little as he is too busy type raging to shoot at borg.

Doesn't really bother me though, I just laugh about it and carry on working with the people who are not derping out.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm sure most of us have had a few of these people that will rage quit from a STF just because things don't go the way they wanted it the first time around. my question is how many times do you run into STF rage quiters when you play?

Usually everytime I try the ground mission for "into the hive" ... I think that's the one? The mission where you face the borg queen.

Also the space mission for that as well.

So when I do the STF missions, I usually stick to just the 3 regular space missions that have been around for a while, since most of the time people don't quit on that one.

YET when one does, it can still be accomplished.

So yes, I've experienced those missions where people quit and I'm left standin alone, yet not much you can do about it except get deppressed .

It's too bad people do that....
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    @aarons9 maybe the person is just a giant child that doesn't realize it's a Game and that you don't get the optional in every instance of an eSTF when pugging :P

fist of all I am a rage quitter but i don't go at the first hitch. I have seen people mess up so badly STF's become near impossible to complete. I leave when i see signs of that. I realize you can't get the optional objective in every STF and I don't care but I do want to finish the STF in a reasonable amount of time.
    o0kami87 wrote: »

Secondly though gearing up helps Knowing the required strategy is usually better.

not that i am saying you don't but knowing the strategy for the encounter you are in and improving yourself as a player is always superior to gearing up.

I am an archer by hobby. generally the best thing you do is train a lot if you want to improve. you can buy a better quality bow but as long as you are unskilled in handling it you wont see real improvement. there are really skilled barebow archers (medieval style; the most basic bow) that score better than some Compound archers (the Bow variant of a sniper rifle) so skill can beat gear.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • Options
    painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am an archer by hobby.

I was an archer once...

...but then I took an arrow to the knee :P

Ya had to know that was coming! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zipagat wrote: »
    Yeah happens now and again, its the downside to pugging you can get some awesome teams where you blitz the whole thing very quickly or some less than exceptional people.

I was in a elite conduit awhile back and we had one guy go afk and another rage quit after we didn't get the optional. The 3 of us left still finished it though.

Oh and the rage quitter was one of those people who spams omfg noobs ect ect in chat all the while doing very little as he is too busy type raging to shoot at borg.

Doesn't really bother me though, I just laugh about it and carry on working with the people who are not derping out.

Amen. That is all.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bwleon7 wrote: »

they do it because if you leave.. no cooldown. and they can rejoin and start over again.

Fast way to get marks, fast way to be an azz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • Options
    sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    byzanathos wrote: »

Ever think that maybe those 'AFKers' are people who were disconnected due to server instability?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ever think that maybe those 'AFKers' are people who were disconnected due to server instability?

On occasion I'm sure that's the case. But when they Need on everything or don't do/say anything then warp out the instant the run completes it's confirmed that the person was a leech.

Just keep the reports up. Eventually Cryptic will get tired of seeing/deleting them and do something.

Removing the cooldowns entirely would remedy the situation almost immediately. They could even add in the diminishing returns that they did with the FOundry rewards.

RUn the STF as many times as you want/can but each run after the first is going to pay out less each time until you take a minimum of a 30 minute break from that particular STF/Event.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My game actually crashed once loading Vault Ensnared, when I logged back in again the entire team, bar my fleet mate had rage quit.
    A friend of mine also takes a little bit of time to load into maps as he lives in a remote part of Australia and people have rage quit and spouted a load of abuse about him being a leecher before he's even loaded the map.