test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THE Best Way To Improve Risa Event

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
Make Tropical Bird Eggs purchasable with Favors!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are aren't they?

I think they cost 150.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    AWESOME!! Didn't see that!

OK then:

Make Jetpacks stop disappearing off our Toon's backs when we crouch to pick up Horga'hns during the hunt.

Allow "Air Brakes" that stop a Toon when thrust is released.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Woo! We've already made the Risa Summer Event Even Betterer!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Woo! We've already made the Risa Summer Event Even Betterer!

Come on don't toot your own horn, at least not in public. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Now for this then:
    Make Jetpacks stop disappearing off our Toon's backs when we crouch to pick up Horga'hns during the hunt.

Especially the first one is very annoying.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Come on don't toot your own horn, at least not in public. :P

Giggity.

Would have been nice if Taco there said what was done to "make the Risa event betterer". (Or at least use proper grammar lol)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Giggity.

Would have been nice if Taco there said what was done to "make the Risa event betterer". (Or at least use proper grammar lol)

He was probably referring to my discovery of the purchasable eggs as I stated this would improve the event.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering I got a dozen eggs over the first three days, I don't see why you need to buy them. Do the Horga'hn hunt a few times. Instead of spending 150 favors for one, earn MORE than one, and make the favors back as a plus.

Personally, though, my only complaint with the ENTIRE event is that you can't fly straight up in a Floater. Jumping straight up is fine, but holding spacebar to fly up has you always going diagonally. It's a ROYAL pain.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I routinely do the Hunt and unfortunately the drop rate has massively dropped for me so that I get one egg per three to five Hunts lately, thus the need for an alternative method of acquiring them.

I would also like the "Up Afterburner" to be directional so if you tip your Toon forward and hit the Spacebar you can accelerate forwards as well!
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like they made Winter-Event better from year 1 to 2 they will do with this Summer-Event ... but we will see...

maybe they stop Star Trek Online and start Stargate Online ...:D
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you can get a forward speed boost if you use the mouse, hold both mouse buttons to move like ya do with ya starship and then click the left mouse button to get a forward speed boost. that's how i do it an' it's never failed me yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Stargate is dead.

Any show that has Claudia Black and Ben Browder on it has jumped the shark.

No money there.
    you can get a forward speed boost if you use the mouse, hold both mouse buttons to move like ya do with ya starship and then click the right mouse button to get a forward speed boost. that's how i do it an' it's never failed me yet.

I will try that on my next Hunt.
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We need a planet-size Disco Party Amplifier, so we can sent it to the Klingons -or anyone- and make them dance 'til death. It's not genius?.

Related vid
    http://youtu.be/PxWzsrj8bZE
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Jetpack Quidditch.
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »

They'll make a new IP set in the past called Iconian Gate Online or at least thats where I think were headed anyway:P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make the event better, hmmm tricky...... A HA IVE GOT IT

Blast the planet from orbit with thaleron weapons until nothing is left
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hover a little higher, and your pack will remain. It only gets disabled if your character hits the ground during the crouch animation.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013

+1

/10char
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's the only way to be sure
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013

neoakiraii wrote: »

what they said!!!! can i do this to earth to????? plz oh plz with cherry on top? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP floater race!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    PvP floater race!

Yeah my favorite thing about the Winter event was the PVP race, I like when PVP is not always pew pew.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    AWESOME!! Didn't see that!

OK then:

At least your jetpack shows to begin with. My Orion with formal wear on flys around like superwoman.
    Oddly the faint jet exhast (see through bit of it) is under her feet, so I guess it's more Iron Woman, but without the suit.

Mmm maybe if I put space suit on with formal wear, I'll have the suit too. Iron Woman here we come!
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like they made Winter-Event better from year 1 to 2 they will do with this Summer-Event ... but we will see...

You wish. :(
    Stargate is dead.

Any show that has Claudia Black and Ben Browder on it has jumped the shark.

No money there.

I will try that on my next Hunt.

Actually, Stargate 'jumped the shark' when they tried Universe out. Though I will admit, I preferred O'Neill over Mitchell. :P

That said, we can always hope somebody will try to bring it back to life, preferably by continuing Atlantis... :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    That said, we can always hope somebody will try to bring it back to life, preferably by continuing Atlantis... :)

i miss SGA :( SGU was to much star trek voy mets BSG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No i dont wish ... just bought SGU on DVD and was reading in the Internet about a plan to make a movie to bring it to a end and even one about Atlantis. And a MMO about Stargate was in making some years ago too i can remember.

And for real Star Trek Fans, STO has not enough exploring and to mutch fights. Like the Titan does in the books, we cant go were no one has gone before. Not even were the Voyager was already.

Back to topic just wait one year and see what they have changed. But i hope first comes better Ship interiors like the one for Enterprice under Kirk and the Belfast for Defiant.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I routinely do the Hunt and unfortunately the drop rate has massively dropped for me so that I get one egg per three to five Hunts lately, thus the need for an alternative method of acquiring them.

Ok i thought it was just me, but the egg drop rate has changed since the last patch. they up'd the rate on favors but it missed up the egg drops. I have not seen an egg drop since the patch. I use to get at lest one in every 3 runs. anyone else notice this
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Have this too but some of my fleet said if i use Bird View you have better chances for eggs but dont know if this is really so
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i miss SGA :( SGU was to much star trek voy mets BSG

That, plus it broke half a dozen rules - both established physical laws that they had bypassed - BYPASSED, not broken - earlier (direct FTL instead of hyperdrives), and internal canon laws. (like no point of origin being the same)
    No i dont wish ... just bought SGU on DVD and was reading in the Internet about a plan to make a movie to bring it to a end and even one about Atlantis. And a MMO about Stargate was in making some years ago too i can remember.

And for real Star Trek Fans, STO has not enough exploring and to mutch fights. Like the Titan does in the books, we cant go were no one has gone before. Not even were the Voyager was already.

Back to topic just wait one year and see what they have changed. But i hope first comes better Ship interiors like the one for Enterprice under Kirk and the Belfast for Defiant.

Stargate: Worlds. And I hate to break it to you, but it's been dead for several years now.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As of today, 7 characters farming, no eggs dropped for 23 consecutive hunts.

Ya, the odds are probably getting pushed a little on that. Drop rate seems broken. My 3rd race I character 2, day 2 of the event got 3 eggs. 1 egg on 4th run of character 1 on same day. I agree. I think the patch broke the drop rate.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE