What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cyber Harassment in STO.

Comments

• Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Naming and shaming isn't going to help. Neither will "standing up for yourself." Somewhere these guys are laughing right now because they've upset you enough that you've committed a chunk of your time (time that you could have spent playing the game, taking a walk, eating dinner, working, etc) to writing big walls of text. They got to you and now they know it. This is called "feeding the trolls"

Read their website - the point is to get a rise out of people. Ignore them.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    molaigh wrote: »
    Naming and shaming isn't going to help. Neither will "standing up for yourself." Somewhere these guys are laughing right now because they've upset you enough that you've committed a chunk of your time (time that you could have spent playing the game, taking a walk, eating dinner, working, etc) to writing big walls of text. They got to you and now they know it. This is called "feeding the trolls"

Read their website - the point is to get a rise out of people. Ignore them.

Better response:

Don't reply. Report.
  • Options
    grawlernlgrawlernl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think your first and only priority should be to learn how the English language works. When you got your high school degree, you may come back.
  • Options
    mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to our off site forums, please pay the registration fee and be as cool as us, maybe you will pick up spelling and grammar tips during your stay.
  • Options
    ussweatherlightussweatherlight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I am not sure any of this actually happened without the proper evidence. We'll all need:

1. Proof of said "harassing"
    2. Proof of any disciplinary action taken against said players.

Without this, then all those words -- those many, many, words -- are baseless.

Also: TL;DR

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Well, we won't get that evidence, nor should we. That's all confidential. Its also not for us to decide.

Also, the OP is pretty proud of his actions, which is pretty telling. I wonder if he isn't just trolling now... He's a hypocrite. I swear, they really need to bring back the report post/thread feature.

So far from OP we have him claiming he's better because he's attacking people, because his RP is "of a higher caliber, because he's over 50 (and I saw that from Leviathan as well...), and that he can get "public support" against people who love to get people to get riled up over their actions.

Am I the only one a little bothered by the number of people coming here supporting controlling their fellow players and dictating their behavior?

Groups don't work well? Don't PUG.
    Person you don't like is messaging you? Ignore them.
    Someone you don't like is in you screen? Find a better place. Seriously, Drozona isn't the only community location.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    It doesn't have to, and shouldn't, be that way.

I'm very sorry but I do not recognize you as the final authority on the subject of how society should flow. If freedom means anything, it means having the prerogative to say things that other people may not like. This is become a major bottleneck of social discourse that could easily be eliminated by individuals taking accountability for their own responses as much as their own actions. Ignore what you don't want to read or hear. Free expression is realized therein.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We won't get that evidence because it doesn't exist. Fair and simple. I'm sorry, but "disco balls", "party poppers", and "standing/dancing too close to me" counts as serious trolling these days? I agree, however, that people on STO, the OP included, seem to get a rise out of "rallying the troops" against a boogeyman. In reality, nothing of the sort exists; these people love to be the victim, they love screaming and whining about "injustice" or whatever while committing the same acts they rally against. Look at the OP's post on the fleet-not-to-be-mention's recruitment page. Look at the OP's tirade against a player in the "Still at the back of the bus" thread in the KDF thread because the player was questioning the comparison between the KDF faction and the real-life civil rights movement.

I agree completely

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • Options
    heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You seem to have lost your own narrative and as such have spiraled out of control. Control of your own emotional responses and critical thinking. As such I would recommend that you step back from the keyboard to gain some perspective. This might be hard for you considering that you are posting in the middle of the day on a workday and as such have nothing else better to do then dribble incoherent rants on a public gaming forum, but let me assure you that real life isn't that scary.

You claim to be at least fifty years old, yet, the grasp of the English language you present is less than stellar. If I where to judge you on the writings presented I would put you at about fourteen years of age. If you really are the age you claim to be, then I suggest that you start acting like it. No one takes someone that can't wrangle words into clear and concise thoughts, if you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

As I have been cordial, polite, and helpful, I would hope you take my advice.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I must say I am having far more counting fun then I might normally in game.. truely i am..

The previous poster before, who by the by is apparently the leader of THAT fleet just broke the forum rules AGAIN! And portion of a private post is as much of a violation of the rules concerning forum posts as reposting the entire thing.. has been placed in a public forum.
    In a previously deleted thread nabreeki posted the information from a strawman account..

Now, that thread was closed, as was another thread.

I know Bluegeek is monitoring this thread as he allready edited one posters content for TOS violations.. Please Bluegeek.. I' will stay within the rules.. time some people layed in the bed they made.

I'm going to continue to stay above board in my replies, nor am I even cionsidering anything resebling on line character assination.. (really come on, no need to when the guilty are doing such a WONDERFULL job themselves! All I have to do is use one of thier favorite troll tactics against them... and i don't even need to take anything out of context or mis-represent anything. I can use the facts.. not even my version of the truth, simply facts.

I expect them to continue to oh so cleverly (not really.. They're up against a pro this time) not only derail the thread but hopefully get it deleted. That is thier aim!

They DO NOT want people to know they can fight AND win against them. They DO NOT want users to more specificly know how they can go about doing so.

They are no where near as bright as they think they are.. And yea, they are Troll's on the forums big time..

*grins and give a salutory tug of the Stetson*
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    How to deal with people that are griefing in games...

step 1, Ignore said people.
    step 2, Go play somewhere else that said people are not at.(change instance in STO).
    step 3, Have fun doing whatever it is you do without said goons.

Simple really. If they constantly follow you about then just hit the report button before step 1 and let the GM's decide.

"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We won't get that evidence because it doesn't exist. Fair and simple. I'm sorry, but "disco balls", "party poppers", and "standing/dancing too close to me" counts as serious trolling these days?

Depends entirely on the intent. It's a little like using a gun to shoot targets and using a gun to shoot people - using the gun isn't the problem, what you're using it for is.

• Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I must say I am having far more counting fun then I might normally in game.. truely i am..

The previous poster before, who by the by is apparently the leader of THAT fleet just broke the forum rules AGAIN! And portion of a private post is as much of a violation of the rules concerning forum posts as reposting the entire thing.. has been placed in a public forum.
    In a previously deleted thread nabreeki posted the information from a strawman account..

Now, that thread was closed, as was another thread.

I know Bluegeek is monitoring this thread as he allready edited one posters content for TOS violations.. Please Bluegeek.. I' will stay within the rules.. time some people layed in the bed they made.

I'm going to continue to stay above board in my replies, nor am I even cionsidering anything resebling on line character assination.. (really come on, no need to when the guilty are doing such a WONDERFULL job themselves! All I have to do is use one of thier favorite troll tactics against them... and i don't even need to take anything out of context or mis-represent anything. I can use the facts.. not even my version of the truth, simply facts.

I expect them to continue to oh so cleverly (not really.. They're up against a pro this time) not only derail the thread but hopefully get it deleted. That is thier aim!

They DO NOT want people to know they can fight AND win against them. They DO NOT want users to more specificly know how they can go about doing so.

They are no where near as bright as they think they are.. And yea, they are Troll's on the forums big time..

*grins and give a salutory tug of the Stetson*

tl;dr: "I am the shining mary sue protagonist of STO! I am the hero that has come to drive away all evil! All must pay attention to me and recognize my greatness! Everyone else is just jealous that I'm so special and important that I get to tell them how to play STO! I am the law! I shall prevail! Me, me, meeeeeeeeeee!"

Yeah, sorry buddy, you've lost the plot.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will just put this thing here , it will explain what i think about this all.

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/3/2055/thumb_620x2000/14145-4e96e5d3dbcf7ff.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    plox21 wrote: »

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/3/2055/thumb_620x2000/14145-4e96e5d3dbcf7ff.jpg

You are a Hero of the People.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited July 2013
    I am official asking oldkhemaraa to stop harassing my fleetmates and myself. Could you also stop trolling our recruitment thread with your intolerable gibberish.

While it's typically inappropriate to cross post the OPs harassment is on the following page of our recruitment thread. There has been no attempt to moderate the trolling from oldkhemaraa or the other crackpots posting in the thread despite there being 3 tickets open in relation to this.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=765121&page=5

This forum is getting overrun with crazy posters because of the lack of moderation.

tl;dr version STOP HARASSING ME
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    How to deal with people that are griefing in games...

Step 1: Dance and have some fun with random people.

Seriously, I hate to spoil the formula, but that's really... it. It's a game, you can do silly things in it, and not everyone's going to want to share in the idea of being 100% serious all the time. Flailing about and screaming how people dancing in silly costumes are fascists and how the only solution is a lawsuit or something just makes the person complaining look far sillier than someone casually enjoying a vacation event in game, you know?
    plox21 wrote: »

Dear leader offers his praise, the greatest of honours that can be awared to a civilian.
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Hmm.
    the grasp of the English language you present is less than stellar.
    No one takes someone that can't wrangle words into clear and concise thoughts, if you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

Irony. You haz it.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This might be hard for you considering that you are posting in the middle of the day on a workday and as such have nothing else better to do then dribble incoherent rants on a public gaming forum, but let me assure you that real life isn't that scary.
    I understand you try to shame someone with a random "you are an unemployed scum !" snarky remark. However, may I mention this is not the middle of day in the vast majority of Earth (our planet), which include several billion people. Some of them even play STO.
    Sometimes you try hard to shame someone, and you fail because you are simply too arrogant to think there is an entire world outside your small country.
    You claim to be at least fifty years old, yet, the grasp of the English language you present is less than stellar.
    Remember the world I told you before ? Well, English is not the native language of the vast majority of it ! It may sound backward to you, but it's not that bad. Including myself, as you probably have noticed by now, and are probably preparing a "your English is bad, shame on you" answer.
    When you are trying to communicate on the World (key phrase) wide web, you have to put your arrogance aside, and understand the vast majority of the web is composed of people with another language as native language.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaytaggartjaytaggart Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP has stated in other places where he lives.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaytaggart wrote: »
    OP has stated in other places where he lives.
    Oh, sorry it was just a snarky "you are unemployed, shame on you" post. My bad ! Keep going !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    groetgaffelgroetgaffel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not having English as your native language is not an excuse when most, if not all, browsers have a a built-in spellchecker.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    asimosa wrote: »
    Step 1: Dance and have some fun with random people.

That is ofcourse an alternate method, but one the OP will not be able to acomplish. Either one works. One cannot grief someone who doesnt let themselves be griefed. For myself I just avoid Drozana since it is like walking onto an elementary school playground during recess.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    curs0r wrote: »
    I'm very sorry but I do not recognize you as the final authority on the subject of how society should flow. If freedom means anything, it means having the prerogative to say things that other people may not like. This is become a major bottleneck of social discourse that could easily be eliminated by individuals taking accountability for their own responses as much as their own actions. Ignore what you don't want to read or hear. Free expression is realized therein.

There's a difference between expression and harassment, and I think you know that.

There's a difference between expression and abuse, and I think you know that.

There's a difference between expression and discrimination, and I think you know that.

So, in other words... you're wrong. And I think you know that.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've also stated that I'm currently retired.. Imagine that!

Nope.. the bad guys are flinging a lot of poo in this thread.. and re-flinging.. and re-flinging.

I thought these guys were supposed to be clever, smart people? I sure am NOT seeing a great deal of proof of thier cleverness.

1. Counterposts with "nothings wrong, your just a whiner not our fault"
    Counter counter point... If'n i didn't name you, and your not guilty of anything, Whyare YOU posting? (and thats after I even warn'd em in a folow up post in the thread that it was trap. What was the intent of the trap.. why, to expose them.

I am soooo smart *amazed look* they are soooo dumb..wow, I mean to say wow!

And they can't even touch me! *giggles*

((um do I sound like I'm having any sort of emotional crisis here? *snorts* ah man. They're having the emotional crisis, not me, I'm just sitt'n in this chair, and in game watch'n mess them selves up. And having a great time doing it by the by.))

I warned 'em this is a fight they are not going to win. It's not possible for them to win. And that they shouldn't even try. But its a challange to them and they're just to hung up in thier own collective arrogance to recognize they not only cannot win this fight, but all they can do is make themselves look even worse if they make the attept. And if you've followed this thread so far... It's pretty obvious.. There are a whole lot of folk that are not only following the thread, It's also been carried onto some private fan sites... I whish I could post over some of the commentary... I swear some users would burst into flames on the spot if they know what was being said about them..

Read the lead post folks.. thats the important one.. the rest of this is debate, (and me counter trolling the trollers..which they do mightlily so deserve) and most of it not even that.. Read it, implement it, know how to fight them, and know that your not alone, and you do NOT need to remain a victim of cyber bullying. Just a matter of learning how to fight back effctivly. Theres to few of them.. at best 50 users out of several hundred thousand users. Let all kick in. Do your part, and the sooner they're shown up, and are out of STO.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Nope.. the bad guys are flinging a lot of poo in this thread.. and re-flinging.. and re-flinging.

I thought these guys were supposed to be clever, smart people? I sure am NOT seeing a great deal of proof of thier cleverness.

Counter counter point... If'n i didn't name you, and your not guilty of anything, Whyare YOU posting? (and thats after I even warn'd em in a folow up post in the thread that it was trap. What was the intent of the trap.. why, to expose them.

((um do I sound like I'm having any sort of emotional crisis here? *snorts* ah man. They're having the emotional crisis, not me, I'm just sitt'n in this chair, and in game watch'n mess them selves up. And having a great time doing it by the by.))

I warned 'em this is a fight they are not going to win. It's not possible for them to win. And that they shouldn't even try. But its a challange to them and they're just to hung up in thier own collective arrogance to recognize they not only cannot win this fight, but all they can do is make themselves look even worse if they make the attept. And if you've followed this thread so far... It's pretty obvious.. There are a whole lot of folk that are not only following the thread, It's also been carried onto some private fan sites... I whish I could post over some of the commentary... I swear some users would burst into flames on the spot if they know what was being said about them..

Read the lead post folks.. thats the important one.. the rest of this is debate, (and me counter trolling the trollers..which they do mightlily so deserve) and most of it not even that.. Read it, implement it, know how to fight them, and know that your not alone, and you do NOT need to remain a victim of cyber bullying. Just a matter of learning how to fight back effctivly. Theres to few of them.. at best 50 users out of several hundred thousand users. Let all kick in. Do your part, and the sooner they're shown up, and are out of STO.

Khan, I'm laughing at the "superior intellect."
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    After this thread, I almost feel like joining this fleet in their shenanigans. OP just keeps posting juvenile things, and now admits to trolling.

Why in the hell do you think anyone should support you OP? You're condescending, agist, proud of trolling (just admitted it) and the list keeps growing. And now your doing an SRS type crusade on the fleets own site, where they could just ban your IP (and also use your IP for out of game shenanigans). In what world does digging yourself a hole equate to winning?

Just the existence of this and the other threads you've made shows they won long ago, and your screaming at the wind.

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    Khan, I'm laughing at the "superior intellect."

You win the thread.

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So now that you're retired, you'r going to cry on a forum about a internet space ship game.

Nice.
This discussion has been closed.