test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2-3 hours sure thats fair enough for an update.

4 hours well that strains my patience somewhat but I can live with it, kind of.

5 hours that just seriously takes the mickey. 130mb patch takes 5 hours. Seriously what are you guys doing? Taking the server apart and reassembling it like Lego perhaps, playing golf or eating pizza? I'm starting to wonder what is you actually do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So where is the so called big patch that would fix all the bugs in this rediculously bugged game?

I bet their ticket list is so big they don't even know where to start.

3 Hours for a handful of 'changes', where almost all are related to the latest Risa grind BS? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Atleast give some idea to the paying player of what is wrong. Did someone spill headlight fluid in the server? Looking for a metric TRIBBLE driver?

Left-handed duct tape needed to reattach cover of server where they changed the car buss fuses...actually replaced them with paper clips...it'll be all good, I saw it on MacGyver
  • devinfirestonedevinfirestone Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2nd longest maintenance?
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains. We're going to need to extend maintenance again. Our new ETA is 1 hour & 15 minutes from now. We'll get you back in-game ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Was going to hop on today for 30 mins or so. Now I know why the Summer event is going for much longer... I can't be bothered and when I can be the server is down. Top it off by the server needing 'emergency maintenance' on Thursday... :D
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well, scratch off one of the 10 days to get the ppearls for the starcruser...
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    TRIBBLES!!!! not hampsters

I thought they were Epophs now?
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bet the doctor could fix it
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They're coming, I know they're coming, I can feel it.

Ques....
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Extended a "normal" maintenance twice? What's really going on there at Cryptic HQ?
    edited July 2013
    killjack0 wrote: »
    I thought they were Epophs now?

Both. 4 eppohs,Over 9000 tribbles.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am so sad. I won't be able to make my runs today...

here's some STAGG chili so you get your runs they call it STAGG cause an hour after you eat it your wife leaves u and you are clubbing STAG
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Legacy of Romulus took what 6-8 hours? This maint. is taking at least 5? For the patch notes that are listed? Please.
    pvp = small package
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1 more hour. I hope that the result will be worth the waiting
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, the hamsters can't run if you forget to FEED THEM!
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heh, another hour. What a bunch of monkeys. But if your goal was to lost another customer, you did a great job.
  • robert98989robert98989 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    TRIBBLES!!!! not hampsters

yjey were beamed over to a klingon server
  • brojaycbrojayc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Cryptic!

It only took me 60 seconds to download and apply the patch. Why is it taking you 5 hours?
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What you should do is electrify their (devs) keyboards...every time they say they are going to be late, shove 20 volts down the keys... Ergo, they learn to keep to the specified time and they make sure it's an accurate assesment....
    edited July 2013
    Legacy of Romulus took what 6-8 hours? This maint. is taking at least 5? For the patch notes that are listed? Please.

LoR was worth it. this is NOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow cryptic wow :mad:
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    duct tape
    Holy great ideas Batman!! That's the answer to all of the issues!! You'd think that a redneck like myself would have thought of it sooner!! But sadly the idea escaped me.

Cryptic just needs to buy more duct tape, miracle stuff...you can fix anything with it! :D
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Top it off by the server needing 'emergency maintenance' on Thursday... :D

cryptic will be closed on the 4th, Independence day and all that. that's why they pushed this weeks patch out on a Tuesday
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Extended a "normal" maintenance twice? What's really going on there at Cryptic HQ?

This isn't "normal" maintenance though. Normally, Maintenance comes on a Thursday, but due to that being 4th July, it was moved forward to today instead.

My money on the extension comes from the Dev team not being as prepared as they expected for this early maintenance.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was supposed to do my pearl run now, can we get a 1 day extension on the summer event?
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great, no STO for me today, and no Lolcat Pearls too. :(
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WTH?

This is SUPPOSEDLY a patch to fix bugs.

The one frikken day I can game all day, and you have taken out 5 hours (so far) when you typically do this on Thurs.

Lovely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What you should do is electrify their (devs) keyboards...every time they say they are going to be late, shove 20 volts down the keys... Ergo, they learn to keep to the specified time and they make sure it's an accurate assesment....

20V wont even tickle... you need some ampssssss
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So where is the so called big patch that would fix all the bugs in this rediculously bugged game?

I bet their ticket list is so big they don't even know where to start.

3 Hours for a handful of 'changes', where almost all are related to the latest Risa grind BS? lol

Wait Risa's a grind? I thought adding more favours to rewards was a bit unneeded, barely been on Risa that long and already got enough favours for all the stuff!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
This discussion has been closed.