test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic: Please explain whats goin on..

wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
I and four others enter the Infected: The conduit ESTF. its missing the first cube. The we try taking down the generators, and wave after wave of nanite spheres roll in one after the other. then we finally ( after fourty minutes ) get the generators down and the cube rolls in ( yayyy ) only now, we have twenty some reoccuring nanite spheres to take care of.. we finally get those done and the gateway down and start on the cube, only its singleshotting everyone so we all die, again and again and again.. It was unwinnable.. Then the chat drops out and i still cant access it., what gives?? I'd really like to know..
wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow... I will add I noted missing ship groups in SB 24 that made it hard to trigger the battleship wave. Chat is offline but that has its own thread. Really odd in game right now but man you got a story to share about the great bug day.

I mean you got to look at the bright side once in a while too. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zdfx19 wrote: »
    Wow... I will add I noted missing ship groups in SB 24 that made it hard to trigger the battleship wave. Chat is offline but that has its own thread. Really odd in game right now but man you got a story to share about the great bug day.

I mean you got to look at the bright side once in a while too. :)

::LOL:: thank you. Your sense of humor is refreshing. sometimes I do take things too seriously.. Much appreciated. But would still like to know. ;)
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe leaked Borg behavior for some upcoming event?

reminds me a bit of the stories I've heard about the end fo the Beta.
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didn't quite have that experience but I am seeing the gate and cubes just oneshotting everyone. More than usual anyway. Ya sometimes I have to peel off and heal a bit but Ican hardly get in range now and poof, I'm vaporized.

I actually even had the gate one shot me from 16k away as I had backed up to heal. I was already to go with full health and shields heading back in and poof, dead. No torp either as I was hitting spacebar to target nearest.

Something is borked with be borg methinks.
  • Options
    lillihennylillihenny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I swear the Crystalline Entity was one-shotting a whole bunch of us on normal difficulty a few days back, just as you describe for the Cube in this scenario.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yeah, and i just did a second run of infected: The Conduit and it spawned two to three times more spheres and nanite spheres.. I run these things between 8 to 10 times a day, and i tell ya, this aint normal..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cha0s1428 wrote: »
    I didn't quite have that experience but I am seeing the gate and cubes just oneshotting everyone. More than usual anyway. Ya sometimes I have to peel off and heal a bit but Ican hardly get in range now and poof, I'm vaporized.

I actually even had the gate one shot me from 16k away as I had backed up to heal. I was already to go with full health and shields heading back in and poof, dead. No torp either as I was hitting spacebar to target nearest.

Something is borked with be borg methinks.

yup thats what we were just seeing too.. another attempt to overbuff the borg like CE was and kill the game??
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    yeah, and i just did a second run of infected: The Conduit and it spawned two to three times more spheres and nanite spheres.. I run these things between 8 to 10 times a day, and i tell ya, this aint normal..

Yeah I run this several times a day on multiple chars, and something does seem amiss. People seem to be sploding a lot more than usual. I thought it was just back luck the first couple of times our entire team wiped, but comparing it to the hundreds of times I have run this and not die, or can count on one hand how many times others die, something strange is definitely going on.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was hit for 235k raw damage by a single plasma torp today.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I run this several times a day on multiple chars, and something does seem amiss. People seem to be sploding a lot more than usual. I thought it was just back luck the first couple of times our entire team wiped, but comparing it to the hundreds of times I have run this and not die, or can count on one hand how many times others die, something strange is definitely going on.

Well, i'm just a mogai so i expect to explode, but tanks?? They were going down like flies.. The more casual players blame it on taking the generators down wrong, but that isnt it.. these guys did ok.. they were brutalized, we were brutalized..

truth told, ive seen this behavior happening off and on in no mconsistant pattern for a couple weeks now. it was only today that it started to take on a pattern.. Missing cubes ( just not there ) wave after wave of spheres, overbuffed everything and yes, the gate has been one shotting folks from >14km for a while too.. its insane..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had a bunch of ships disappear while trying to finish the Jem story arc. typically it wouldnt let me finish the mission despite dispatching the Jem Dreadnaught.
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was hit for 235k raw damage by a single plasma torp today.

was it invisible??? no.. I'm not joking or poking at you.. the tac cube spews out an invisible torp every now and then.. I got wiped by one myself today..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I had a bunch of ships disappear while trying to finish the Jem story arc. typically it wouldnt let me finish the mission despite dispatching the Jem Dreadnaught.

I havent been doing the jem arc, but yes, that fits with what we're seeing as no matter what you do, you just cant bring down the boss.. not even with four or five people..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, i'm just a mogai so i expect to explode, but tanks?? They were going down like flies.. The more casual players blame it on taking the generators down wrong, but that isnt it.. these guys did ok.. they were brutalized, we were brutalized..

truth told, ive seen this behavior happening off and on in no mconsistant pattern for a couple weeks now. it was only today that it started to take on a pattern.. Missing cubes ( just not there ) wave after wave of spheres, overbuffed everything and yes, the gate has been one shotting folks from >14km for a while too.. its insane..

Well, my Mogai has the same layout as my cruiser really, without Aux2SIF3 or ES1. I just replaced ES1 with Aux2SIF1 and its a tank :P

But with my cruiser running EPtS3 100%, as well as 130 shield power, TSS, HE, Aux2SIF, and even BFI, with resiliant shields, I get popped in one shot now. Never even remotely got close to death before. Now everyone just drops like flies.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, my Mogai has the same layout as my cruiser really, without Aux2SIF3 or ES1. I just replaced ES1 with Aux2SIF1 and its a tank :P

But with my cruiser running EPtS3 100%, as well as 130 shield power, TSS, HE, Aux2SIF, and even BFI, with resiliant shields, I get popped in one shot now. Never even remotely got close to death before. Now everyone just drops like flies.

eeeyup.. i got a 42K hull, 7900 shields; twin tet DHC's and twin Plasma DHCs in froont, cutting beam and twin plasma beams in back, all mk XII. Full omega set, point defense system, pirate fleet and plasma burst, i'm armed to the teeth, and it dint make one bit of difference ..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    was it invisible??? no.. I'm not joking or poking at you.. the tac cube spews out an invisible torp every now and then.. I got wiped by one myself today..
    A very visible high yield I neglected to shoot down.

I can survive the double tap if neither crits, but that one high yield crit was instagib even with it being heavily mitigated.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle