test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missions that Should Qualify but Don't

kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It might help QA and the bug fixers to have a list of missions that should qualify for the repeatable officer reports, but for some unknown reason, do not.

If you have a mission (or know of a mission) that should qualify but doesn't please post the name and ID.

The mission should have an average play time of more than 15 minutes and be out of the review stage with at least 5 post-review phase reviews.

Also please include as much info as possible on the tasks involved, such as the number of maps, estimated playtime, and types of objectives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    edit: Nevermind, for some reason it is now counting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I guess I'll add mine

Duritaniun Man
    ST-HSMJTB692
    Estimated playtime 45 minutes
    Five maps
    Every single objective available.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    hobstbankhobstbank Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Adding mine too:

Arena Challenge I
    ST-HULHW6EMG

Playtime est. 30 min, 3 maps, lots of enemy
    Confirmed working
    7 Reveiws, 6 with comment

In difference to my other missions it already is listed under Community but still is flagged a Non-OR-compliant.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Adding mine as well.

Finding Lascaux (1/2)
    ST-HTUXMIUDS

Play time: Based on reports from players, appx. 60 minutes. 8 maps, dialogue-based. 2 space battles and a lot of reading.
    Confirmed working.
    11 reviews, 8 with comments.

It is listed under Community but flagged as non-compliant.

I believe I am being unduly penalized for necessary testing runs. Support ticket being filed as well.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My support ticket was summarily deleted without any comment, acknowledgment, or explanation. I now have 17 reviews and a high rating and am still being penalized without explanation.

Another ticket has been filed.

EDIT: My mission finally became eligible after just short of 30 plays. This definitely demonstrates how severely an author test impacts the mission's run-through time, that it took that many plays to get a 60-minute mission to become rewards-eligible.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Mission Name: Duty Officer Assignment 1
    Author: onlyslightlybent
    Code: ST-HT25FTECG

This miission took me about 45-1hr and currently has 6 reviews but is still in "not considered" status. It's a shame because its a great non combat mission too.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    theg0wztheg0wz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is one of mine that should qualify but doesn't.

Name: The Cube
    Author: TheGow
    ID: ST-HG7M55JET
    Mission Length: around 45 min
    Maps: 7
    Ground and Space combat
    Has 22 reviews so far (Actually should have much more, but I reuploaded it as a new mission to see if that would fix the problem, it didn't)
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    This is under investigation.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Hi crypticfrost

One thing I've noticed is that some of these have their average time listed as any-20 minutes. Playing them definitely shows that they are not that short.

I'm suspecting an issue with how the average time is calculated.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does time spend on cryptic maps count?

I played a mission that involved talking to 3 Ferengi in Drozana.

If this time does count, then you could make cryptic-map-missions that just idle to collect 10,20,30 hours of play time, while idling on the map and doing DOFFs or auctions.

If this time does not count, then missions on cryptic maps are punished.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I don't know if this is above your paygrade but do you know if author play times count when determining average time? If so I can at least get rid of the red text by playing my mission over and over again...
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hoping that my - "A Crucible of Battle War Series" qualifies soon :(
  • Options
    nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    I don't know if this is above your paygrade but do you know if author play times count when determining average time? If so I can at least get rid of the red text by playing my mission over and over again...

And another question that should be done is that if you calculate the missions playing in elite mode, is not the same and the duration thereof. I always play in such elite fighting and last longer. Like my missions, I calculate the time it takes to see how elite, I have to calculate the length of time it takes is not correct, it should be for the amount of interaction and fulfill goals. It is assumed that you have put in foundry lately counting items and objects that you put on the map should be used to determine if a mission just to get resources or a mission is actually playable.

A greeting.

Pardon the language, but English is not my native language and use a translator.
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also have 2 missions that I am sure people are not doing in less than half an hour but still don't qualify.

I am fairly certain from my experiments that they do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good.

Again I remind the devs that this still does not work properly, I know some of the ones by Cryptic have solved it, remember not only the 10 artists who write in your forum and twitter are what create assignments and creators are not only in English.

A greeting.
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Greetings! Could you provide any insight into why my mission is still red-flagged? I'm a first-time author, so I may have messed something up, but I'm pretty sure I fulfilled all the requirements.

Name: The Tangled Webs We Weave
    Author: @ashtaku
    Foundry ID: ST-HH4IN2WUC
    Mission Length: 30-45 minutes
    Number of Maps: 7
    Enemy space groups to defeat: 5
    Enemy ground groups to defeat: 2-6 (depending on choices)
    Reviews: 24 as of 5:41 PM EST 28FEB
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi crypticfrost

One thing I've noticed is that some of these have their average time listed as any-20 minutes. Playing them definitely shows that they are not that short.

I'm suspecting an issue with how the average time is calculated.

On further investigation, my mission is showing this symptom as well. I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to complete my mission in 20 minutes, much less fewer than 15.

That's less than 3 minutes per map. :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ashtaku wrote: »
    On further investigation, my mission is showing this symptom as well. I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to complete my mission in 20 minutes, much less fewer than 15.

That's less than 3 minutes per map. :confused:

Mines at 71 reviews now and is still red texted!

Did you play it on your own a lot while testing? This includes stuff like finishing the first map, publishing and then playing through it quickly completing all the objectives.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Mines at 71 reviews now and is still red texted!

Did you play it on your own a lot while testing? This includes stuff like finishing the first map, publishing and then playing through it quickly completing all the objectives.

Zorbane:

I played it extensively, but only while it was unpublished. When I test published it (for group combat tests and so forth) I always cloned it and published the clone instead to avoid contaminating the "gold copy."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just played it, I was going to time how long it took but I forgot, however it was definitely more than 20 minutes.

One thing though, your mission is quite combat heavy. If someone with really good gear played it, they might be able to finish faster than the minimum requirement.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "The Second Light"
    My playtime, reading all dialogue: about 40 min
    My playtime, skipping through dialogue: about 25 min
    As of when I logged in yesterday, number of reviews: 8 (5 text and star, 3 just star)

Also, there seems to be an issue with people seeing my mission in the Foundry tab, sometimes it won't come up for certain people.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    "The Second Light"
    My playtime, reading all dialogue: about 40 min
    My playtime, skipping through dialogue: about 25 min
    As of when I logged in yesterday, number of reviews: 8 (5 text and star, 3 just star)

Also, there seems to be an issue with people seeing my mission in the Foundry tab, sometimes it won't come up for certain people.

It seems almost inconceivable that Second Light could not qualify, since in addition to its many maps and objectives it contains an eight minute timed segment that can't be bypassed (and an awesome one, I might add!)

It seems like something is definitely amiss here.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I couldn't agree more. I'm currently at 24 rated play-throughs, still no rewards, adn still above 15 minutes. Gee thanks Cryptic, I'm gonna lose the contest for sure due to lack of desire.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So I checked all the missions listed here. Of the ones that are published, only one still does not qualify for foundry rewards. The rest do.

Duritaniun Man
    ST-HSMJTB692

(It happens to be mine)

It now has 84 plays up from under 70 when I first posted it.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
This discussion has been closed.