test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Name the location you wanna have added the most?

kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
Name the canon Trek location which you would want to have added to STO the most!

This is not necessarily about functionality or which kinda location(s) STO would need the most from a gameplay point of view, but simply about which artwork/backdrop could make the most fascinating addition to the game.

My wish: Starbase 11. I love this original sci-fi artwork! (and I know Zero does, too :D ) Although the game already has enough social hubs, useful and useless, this would be an amazing location to be added to the game, not just for the foundry!
Post edited by kagasensei on

Comments

• Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dyson Sphere, inside and out.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In terms of canonical locations, it'd be nice to see the area between Defari and Romulan space opened up, with Tellar, Ferenginar and Tzenketh. The problem is that's mostly Federation space. The problem with canon is that it's Federation-centric, which is troublesome when you have a non-Federation faction. STO should draw from soft canon licensed works and open up more areas in Klingon space, or bordering it, as well.

In terms of fantasy pipe dreams, I'd love to have the Maelstrom and the Kessok from Bridge Commander.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Starfleet Headquarters. And not a small version of it like the academy! :D

On the Klingon side, the Boreth Monastery.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Paris... I KNOW its blown up... maybe a Holographic simulation social area of it! :D

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cardassia Prime
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gamma and Delta Quadrant.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    jcp26jcp26 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Khitmoher on the ground. I'd like to see the place where the Federation Klingon alliance was created.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rachelj88 wrote: »
    Paris... I KNOW its blown up... maybe a Holographic simulation social area of it! :D

RachelJ88

When did THAT happen?
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    UFP- Expanded Earth
    KDF- Expanded Qonos
    Neutral- Nimbus III or Ferenginar
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've always wanted Ferenginar. I think it would be visually very interesting as there would always be rain. Lots of stock markets, shady back alleyways, the tower of commerce etc.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The empty road in the Q continuum.

It could be the spot where the bored players who like to chat about nonsense in ESD can go to spill their guts out. That way ESD can be the place where new players can seek the help they desperately need.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gorn or Orion homeworld for the KDF. And a functioning Andoria for the Blue side.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Romulus and Remus.

Time travel.

Star Trek does that...a lot. :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll support Ferenginar. Anyplace with that much rain is good in my book. And the women have clothes now, so that won't be a problem either.

Other than that, I wish there was a way for Romulus to be in the game. Not going to happen outside of trime travel or a holodeck setting though, so its a long shot.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Starfleet HQ
    Starfleet Medical
    Federation Presidents office in Paris
    The Moon (Luna)
    Jupiter Station
    Titan Station

The Forge - Vulcan
    The Kristak Volcano - Qo'nos
    The Boreth Monistary
    The Rura Penthe mines.

Surface of Sherman's Planet
    Betazed
    Pacifica (Risa's rival?)
    Ferenginar (High Stakes gambling, and uses of GPL)
    Ceti Alpha 5

New Xindi Homeworld

Romii? (While some say this is Remus, but to me it should be a seperate planet in another system near Romulus).
    daveyny wrote: »

WOW! That artwork just mind blowing! :eek:

Cryptic, make it so!!!!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to be able to go to the Vendor planet or Suliban.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Rura Penthe! The system is there but I want to beam down and explore the prison or even do something to get my butt thrown in there. :eek:
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Must not make OZ joke *bites lip*:eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    I'll support Ferenginar. Anyplace with that much rain is good in my book. And the women have clothes now, so that won't be a problem either.

Other than that, I wish there was a way for Romulus to be in the game. Not going to happen outside of trime travel or a holodeck setting though, so its a long shot.

That would be a Section 31 mission, since they hold the monopoly on Time Travel. Kind of makes you wonder. If they are supposed to do anything to protect the Federation and they have a fully functional timetravel operation, why don't they go back and stop some of the disasters. Wolf 359, the Hobus Super Nova, the Breen attack on Earth, Nero. That sounds like the kind of thing 31 would break rules to resolve.
  • Options
    captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    IMHO, I think we have enough 'locations' for now.

They only need to add new ones if they give us something to actually do in the canon locations that we have.

Example: Risa/Vulcan/Andoria

They do need to open up more of the Alpha Quadrant though and I would perfer them to rework the map and make the sector blocks line up correctly, or at least explain how you can be going west from Eta Eradani, then suddenly end up north of Beta Ursae.

Edit: And I think sector space would really be awesome if they go ahead and do the 'all one zone' change. That would make sector space feel more real and open. The whole experience of travelling through space is disrupted when you get that pop up asking if you want to warp and then loading...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    IMHO, I think we have enough 'locations' for now.

They only need to add new ones if they give us something to actually do in the canon locations that we have.

Example: Risa/Vulcan/Andoria

They do need to open up more of the Alpha Quadrant though and I would perfer them to rework the map and make the sector blocks line up correctly, or at least explain how you can be going west from Eta Eradani, then suddenly end up north of Beta Ursae.

What's wrong with New Romulus and Defera? Plenty to do there, new races to study, new areas to explore, lots of Borg and Tholians to kill. Or go to Quarks for a round of Dabo and a discussion with Morn. Quark's just wouldn't be Quark's without Morn.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

Wooosh. Amazing! In the recent Ask Cryptic DStahl mentioned they are playing with the idea of creating a "2013 Summer Event" on a revamped Risa. I sincerely hope Cryptic gets inspired by this piece of artwork :) I wanna see butterfly-eating dancers, I wanna display a Horg'ahn to receive jamaharon, I wanna visit the Lohlunat (Festival of the Moon) or climb the pitch changing cliffs of Galartha, I wanna fight Vorgon time travelers still looking for the Tox Uthat, I wanna see a double sunset over the ocean.
    ... plenty of possibilities to create mini-games for a Summer Event ;)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    Rura Penthe! The system is there but I want to beam down and explore the prison or even do something to get my butt thrown in there. :eek:

I'd support this.

My other big preferences would be:

Farius Prime. I realize it's minor but the matte paintings and sets from the episode it was in always struck me as fun. It has the distinction of being an Orion world in Federation space with KDF ties.

1960s Earth, with Gary Seven and loaded with references to other Time Travel/historical episodes. (Bonus points if each species has their own comedic explanation for why they look the way they look in the vein of Spock's explanations.)

Sigma Iota II, the "Piece of the Action" planet. Another planet that would be a fun theme park ride.

Cardassia Prime. The architecture is there and is some of STO's finest pre-fab art. If the STO team is ever on a deadline crunch, I think an urban adventure zone would be amazing.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Farius Prime. I realize it's minor but the matte paintings and sets from the episode it was in always struck me as fun. It has the distinction of being an Orion world in Federation space with KDF ties.

This seems like it would be a lot of fun. A good way to introduce the Orion Syndicate to the Endgame, and would open up all kinds of sneaky backstabby missions. :D

Triskelion, Iota Geminorum IV, a Risa looking Risa, and some sort of Starship Graveyard would be my votes. :cool:
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Betazed this planet should be the over 21 mature social zone with power boating, mudd bathes, massage booths, and some night clubs with Orion and Betazed dance girls.

Thanks
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Non-canon: The Gorn Homeworld, because we have never seen it.

Canon: Ferenginar would be visually stunning and would be a could "Neutral" place for Fed and Klinks to hang out.

Would also like to see a Risa more like we saw in ENTERPRISE or TNG.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not in a particular order, but the ones I'd like to see Most, are marked red. :)

Ferenginar
    Tellar Prime
    Rura Penthe
    Holberg 917G :)
    The Forge
    Rigel X
    Terra Nova
    The automated repair station
    Krios Prime! Home to the babes of the universe!!! :eek:

... and probably a lot more. I just finished my Enterprise marathon, so those hits come to me more right now.
  • Options
    souli76souli76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wouldn't mind being able to go down a street in San Francisco on Earth.

Also please develop Andoria and Risa, give them a use other than "hey I'm on Risa, time to beam up", both need to be developed as social zones with games/mini-games in them.

And please bring back Utopia Planitia permanentally, user imput would be more than enough to give it a use.
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A full, complete, top-to bottom Galaxy Class starship interior with all decks and sections fully fleshed out.

I know I am dreaming. :(