test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its all a mix of german and english. *shudders* Can you put in a english language button like in the forums for the ppl that play STO in english?
  • slagassslagass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure when it started exactly (most likely after the last patch), but player's Avatars no longer show up on the Gateway for me, neither my captains nor anyone else's. Both the headshot and the full body profile are replaced with a generic blank image.

Bridge officers still display normally. Effecting captains only.

This is still apparently a thing. Would be nice to see it fixed sometime. (FYI, the image that it's trying to display is still the right one it looks like, but then it redirects to "default_body.png" and "default_head.png")
  • darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have some display issues with the gateway:
    1. My advanced fleet armor pictogram is that of a white common armor.

2. Three of my characters are not showing their faction/career and race, but instead show as the ship they are flying as faction/career and ship class as their race:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WOeAR_aD18o/UbzhnW1VitI/AAAAAAAABwI/o3l_bE7VWoU/s640/Classissue.jpg
    This happens both on my desktop (Firefox 21.0) and on my mobile phone (stock samsung galaxy s3)
    Logged in properly the first times, now I get a "Login failed, probably the one-time code was incorrect"

lol how is that even possible ?
  • xinlolnixxinlolnix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    slagass wrote: »
    I'm not sure when it started exactly (most likely after the last patch), but player's Avatars no longer show up on the Gateway for me, neither my captains nor anyone else's. Both the headshot and the full body profile are replaced with a generic blank image.

Bridge officers still display normally. Effecting captains only.

This is still apparently a thing. Would be nice to see it fixed sometime. (FYI, the image that it's trying to display is still the right one it looks like, but then it redirects to "default_body.png" and "default_head.png")

I'm also having this problem in the gateway, as well as the fact that every time I try to switch my character to view one of my others' info or a different player's, it disconnects me and I need to sign in again.

so no captain images and kicked out every time I switch characters in the gateway.

EDIT: just FYI, this happens to me on Firefox, Chrome and my iPod Touch, so it wouldn't appear to be a browser issue.
  • crimsontitan008crimsontitan008 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The keyboard pops up and then disappears again when using the android keyboard on android 4.1.1... I can't type or paste into the login box :-(
  • iggydeeiggydee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really having alot of problems with the checkboxes, nothing happens or it checks and then unchecks. Its taking me 5 minutes to donate just 1 doff to the fleet.
    What am i doing wrong?
  • sirchazzsirchazz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iPhone 4
    Version 6.1.3
    Safari

i am unable to see the fleet holding link after selecting fleet. my chars are in fleets so its not that. works fine for me on comp with chrome, but just not on my iPhone
  • mattmarvel7mattmarvel7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone can help me out , i bought zen points today and transfered them in the game. Id like to buy the Odyssey bundle but when i go to buy it, it keeps coming up "unable to complete transaction: that item cannot currently be purchased"

i went to the website and clicked for support and contact us but the page doesnt seem to work. can anybody help me out thanks in advance.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i went to the website and clicked for support and contact us but the page doesnt seem to work. can anybody help me out thanks in advance.

Don't know about your Zen problem, but the support issue is something many people have been experiencing. Email them with the address here: sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267893
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found one hell of a bug on the preemptive strike- behind enemy lines mission (the part on the ground)

As soon as you beam down, you'll have to go and disable the transport inhibitor to beam up the hostages...
    Everything is fine, as long as you don't have to respawn.
    Because some genius placed one huge rock onto the path that leads to the place.

The rock blocks most of the path, but much more importantly, it is placed exactly on the respawn point, so if you respawn, you respawn INSIDE the rock and are stuck and have to start over^^
    the command "/stuck" won't do any good either as it only brings you back to the respawn point and cannot do anything about it :(

The only way to finish that mission would be to.... DO NOT DIE and let your crew deal with everything
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but since the last update I can no longer completely access Gateway through Google Chrome. It allows me to sign in, but the Character Selection never appears (just stays as the background of the site). I wasn't having this issue until the (long) update yesterday.

It's working on IE, but I really despise using hat specific browser.

EDIT: I've also noticed the log-in screen image for both browsers are different. Is this supposed to be like that?
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but since the last update I can no longer completely access Gateway through Google Chrome. It allows me to sign in, but the Character Selection never appears (just stays as the background of the site). I wasn't having this issue until the (long) update yesterday.

It's working on IE, but I really despise using hat specific browser.

EDIT: I've also noticed the log-in screen image for both browsers are different. Is this supposed to be like that?

I cannot access from Chrome either since same time, I can't even sign in. I get the white "welcome to n'genix" screen i get when it is down all together which i figured it was. Oh well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
    edited July 2013
    I was able to use another of my computer, which had Firefox, and access Gateway. I was able to actually use it, but as of today it says STO is down when I attempt to use it through Firefox. It would be appreciated if this was fixed.
  • redspiritdragonredspiritdragon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have tried to do Operation Gamma and the mission goes well, up to the cut scene where Farek warps out. After I'm stuck having super lag or something. My shuttle/runabout will not turn or even move forward when I tell it too.

I have tried the mission twice and no luck. I end up running into the walls and I can't finish the mission.

Please fix soon.
  • janewaydaughterjanewaydaughter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So i was gone for a few weeks for a funeral come back to find that all my ships have their warp cores replaced with TRIBBLE. This is not acceptable considering that i pay a monthly fee to play and work hard on my characters and fork over a lot of money (which wont be happening much longer if this continues). All warp cores on all ships need to be replaced with exactly what was there and my Jem Hadar assault craft needs its Deflector array returned which is also not there any longer as well.
  • janewaydaughterjanewaydaughter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here is another bug for you. Your forums When you merged you created a new date for players. Many of us INCLUDING myself have been here since BETA but cannot or create new threads because of our "NEW DATES". You need to go back to the dates of our account creation with cryptic.
    edited July 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    I was able to use another of my computer, which had Firefox, and access Gateway. I was able to actually use it, but as of today it says STO is down when I attempt to use it through Firefox. It would be appreciated if this was fixed.

Thank you for the quick fix. Although, there's still a very minor bug in it. When I'm selecting my Tactical toon from the character selection he has a Science emblem shown.:confused:
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is the Star Trek Online Gateway bugs and technical issues thread! Please post any bugs, error messages, or compatibility issues here!

I can no longer access the gateway app in Chrome.

Vista Home Premium 64 bit, SP 2, Build 6002

Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m - accessing Gateway hangs while "loading", with just a background graphic. Didn't do anything but close browser first time. Checking email later said someone was trying to access my account; I finally figured out it was this gateway. Triggers an email w/"New Computer tried to access your account" message. Does not give any message on Gateway. Was not logged in to forum or account.

After finding this post, logged in to both account and forum first, opened gateway in another tab. Same results - stuck at loading screen, triggers 'accessed by new computer' email.

When checking Chrome version to report here, it prompted to update Chrome.

Version 28.0.1500.71 m - accessing Gateway, same issue as above. Hung at loading screen, no pics, just background. Triggered email to input code for new computer again.
    Updating Chrome may have removed Java, downloaded and installed Version: Java SE 7 Update 25 for Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0 Java Architecture: 32-bit. (did not use beta 64-bit)

Logged into forums and account, then tried Gateway again. Triggered yet another email that a new computer had accessed my account. At this point, I give up. If I have any energy later, I will try IE, but would prefer not to use that browser.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • melnibornemelniborne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The launcher is also giving me script errors and trying to launch explorer only to load nothing and error again
  • anvilwolvesbaneanvilwolvesbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having issues retrieving items in the overflow bag. It says my inventory is full which it is not. Also on another of my characters, I did not receive the mission upon reaching level 18 (Federation) for the Duty Officers. I have submitted both of these issues to very long list.

I have attempted to log off and waited for several hours before logging back on to retrieve the items, and it still says my inventory is full, but again my inventory is not full.
  • skibbletskibblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cannot purchase specific stuff from the d-store. i own the required ships but it then tells me i do not own them when i attempt to purchase the items. cardi galor, dread carrier, romi dreads, andorian ships etc. would very much like this fixed and some sort of acknowledgment that our tickets are being read and something is being done rather than getting no response
    Processor: I7 3770K @ 4.3ghz Cooler: Corsair H100i
    Motherboard: Rog Maximus V Extreme HDD: OCZ Agility 3 240gb
    Ram: 16gb (2x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum
    PSU: Corsair HX1050 Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Silver
    Video Cards: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 660TI Superclocked 3gb
  • somanyletterssomanyletters Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I keep trying to login using my user name and password, but it won't let me log in... and I can't remember what I put as the other name.....
  • cptwinstonscptwinstons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hello how do I link my account? my cryptic characeters are not here
  • caledoniarosecaledoniarose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can log in perfectly fine, but for some reason, I can't reach the character select page. It gives me the loading message for a while, and then gives me a timeout message. I have tried both in Firefox and Chrome 28. I am working on a Windows platform on a Dell computer. Has anyone encountered a problem of a similar sort, and, if so, how did you go about fixing it?

Thank you very much!
  • injector2uinjector2u Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skibblet wrote: »
    Cannot purchase specific stuff from the d-store. i own the required ships but it then tells me i do not own them when i attempt to purchase the items. cardi galor, dread carrier, romi dreads, andorian ships etc. would very much like this fixed and some sort of acknowledgment that our tickets are being read and something is being done rather than getting no response

This Bug has been around for Two Weeks now and Cryptic does not even recognize it properly! Every day new players open a carrier ship or Romulan dreadnought set or even Cardassion Galor ship and since beginning of these two weeks or so they will NOT get anything spesific to that ship from dilithium and normal store! The game simply does not register the ship opened.

Everyone should be pissed!
  • carter103carter103 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It keeps saying this whenever I log in. How do I fix this?
  • hangukohanguko Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As in title, please fix Defera city quest!
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hanguko wrote: »
    As in title, please fix Defera city quest!

You know this has nothing to do with the STO gateway? :confused:
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • shadowvyperzeroshadowvyperzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    apologies, posted in the wrong area
This discussion has been closed.