Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On the Fed player side:
    No image shows for Starbase/Embassy

KDF:
    Images for Starbase/Embassy are the Fed images.

Mobile:
    On my iPhone Safari browser there is no Fleet Holdings option after I hit the Fleet button (just Roster, Info, etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure when it started exactly (most likely after the last patch), but player's Avatars no longer show up on the Gateway for me, neither my captains nor anyone else's. Both the headshot and the full body profile are replaced with a generic blank image.

Bridge officers still display normally. Effecting captains only.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hadn't used the gateway in a couple months, went to login yesterday and it took me through account guard and emailed the one time code. I entered the code and accessed the gateway just fine (which worked much better than my last visit).

So today I tried logging in again and it wanted the one time code again. I entered it but I am no longer able to access the gateway. The code was correct, copy/paste directly out of the email. My system did crash thanks to an unrelated graphics driver issue while the page was open, I believe the cookie wasn't saved which is causing the login failure. So now what? There doesn't seem to be a way to correct this.

* error message as follows *

Login failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I logged in to the gateway a few days ago to take a gander at everything after I got a new ship. It looked like everything was correct, hooray! Then I logged in again today to look through the accolades section, and noticed I was in a ship that I haven't flown in game in a good while - - the one in the gateway today was from 3 ships ago, probably around New Year's. All the stats are outdated, reflecting that time frame with that former ship. I hope it's just a glitch that resolves itself.
  • jamestkolkjamestkolk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ever since the massive overhaul of the game a couple days ago, both my player (very often) and my ship (less often) have been randomly shoved around when trying to move as though there were something in their way, but every time there is nothing visible to block their movement. It almost always happens when the player has just approached a mission critical location (console to be used, enemy weapon to place charges at, dropped item to be taken, etc.) and is very frustrating. Please tell me this is a known issue and is going to be fixed a.s.a.p. Thanks!
  • drac0s65drac0s65 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have 4 things:

First: When I log into the live or test Gateway I still am not able to see my toon.
    Second: My BOffs don't always load completely.
    Third: I changed the appearance/class of ship on one of my toons but I am still seeing the one that I purchased instead of the one that I customized it to look like.
    Fourth: We have 3 shards but only access to 2 Gateways? Any chance we can get one for RedShirt? Or better yet, get them all combined and be allowed to choose once we are in like the launcher?
    Vice Admiral Ky'Lian Berat - U.S.S. AVALON
  • scob7232scob7232 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey ive been having issues with the defiant class as far as the different class mods that can be done. Such as i pick a different type of saucer nacelles etc etc (including my bridge) buy them and then when i beam out to my ship the mods arent even on the ship. Ive also had this problem with the heavy cruiser . any idea whats going on with that?
  • don77620don77620 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cannot access 'fleet holdings' via galaxy S2, using firefox for android. It simply does not appear.
    Unsure if this is deliberate, or a bug.
  • paratrixparatrix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I try to access the Gateway either on my iMac, or iPad, and it says:

"Disconnected From Gateway

Login Failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect."

But, I never got a one-time code. I have a Perfect World Account, I have Account Guard enabled and receive that one-time code fine.. Just I can't get in here. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just checking a fleet which send me invite and I believe that something is wrong. It's Gateway page says that fleet has 0 members and its roster is empty.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a missing/broken image for Tier 3 embassy and Tier 5 starbase.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • eddy1309eddy1309 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wrong place posted
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having fleet invite accepting issues! I get a fleet invite and i accept it and it disappears without joining the fleet (Im not in a fleet presently so it shouldn't be doing that). I have restarted numerous times and re-tried the fleet invites sent to me, but cannot seem to correct the problem.
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a problem whit some icon's and boady/face showing up;
    IMG; http://i.imgur.com/Nw3HpUR.png

This look good ;D
    http://i.imgur.com/GkwaroA.png
  • knightgl0wknightgl0w Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem so far: I am currently stuck in the Sol System and unable to move, warp to sector or dock. I have tried /stuck /killme and requesting a GM. I'm at full impulse, with speed set at max but still looks like I'm at a dead stop. If I quit the game and log back in I can get the auto pop up screen where it says click here to dock, however there is no place to click and hitting F does nothing. I have logged in a bunch of time in hopes that it would fix its self. This game is great and written so well that ill delete my Capt. if I must and try again.
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightgl0w wrote: »
    The problem so far: I am currently stuck in the Sol System and unable to move, warp to sector or dock. I have tried /stuck /killme and requesting a GM. I'm at full impulse, with speed set at max but still looks like I'm at a dead stop. If I quit the game and log back in I can get the auto pop up screen where it says click here to dock, however there is no place to click and hitting F does nothing. I have logged in a bunch of time in hopes that it would fix its self. This game is great and written so well that ill delete my Capt. if I must and try again.

You have make post in wrong thread. . . .this thread is for reporting bugs on STO Gateway
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still can't login into the gateway!!

I always get this error: "Login failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect"

It doesn't let me instert any "one-time codes". I have my browsers (tried it with Chrome and IE9) registered in the game guard, login into the site and all its parts works perfectly. I just cannot enter the friggin gateway.

Please, help me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    paratrix wrote: »
    I try to access the Gateway either on my iMac, or iPad, and it says:

"Disconnected From Gateway

Login Failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect."

But, I never got a one-time code. I have a Perfect World Account, I have Account Guard enabled and receive that one-time code fine.. Just I can't get in here. Any ideas?

Thanks.

It's not only me. And I am having this problem for quite some time now, triying to log in with windows on Chrome and Internet Explorer 9. Is there a solution? And in that case, can can you please point us to that?

Thank you very much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am running Windows 8 and IE 10.

I have set cookies to be always allowed from startrekonline.com.

Every single time I login from a browser the gateway will ask me for a one time code.

However, if I go into maintain my account guard settings, account guard does remember a browser for that...

I have also tried configuring the browser to always prompt me when a cookie is requested ... guess what it never prompts me at the gateway...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
    edited May 2013
    And you also can't enter the Gateway like us, or that works for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • petruliaxpetruliax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Disconnected from Gateway

Login failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect."

When logging in for the first time. windows 7, Firefox 20.0.1.

I had just created a Gateway account through Neverwinter, and searched for a similar feature on STO. When i try to login, it gives me the message.
  • kylian1kylian1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gives me a fatal messege saying error decompressing data i do not understand this it patched all the whole download what should i do
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find the gateway is OK for the limited things it does...but it's not really useful as is...we need to be able to doff from it...kinda like we can do Profession in Neverwinter...i hope thats a feature that is near to coming to life for it.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for some reason i still can`t login to my main character :confused: i just time out
  • caravivalcaravival Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't login with my new Romulan Char - it seems it is not "compatible"
  • grumpykezentegrumpykezente Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As we've updated the known issues and some information in the OP, please now use this thread to continue posting about any bugs of technical difficulties with the Gateway. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

luv da R.L., i dont know but, Ship skill tray- every now and then after setting my ships skills, they get shifted around when i get a new skill. don't if you consider that a bug of not. the other thing i don't know if it is a bug or not- i chose to go FED. i was unable to pick a FED ship. i dodn't care ether way. taking rom ships for my Reman toon. two things i found. if they are bugs, i found some for ya.
  • snowtrek74205snowtrek74205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game has been running poorly since the update.
    The game always throws me out after taking 20 minutes to load.
    I then have to wait in an hour long cue. Why is there a cue? There never was a cue before.
    I exited the the game and I am going to go do something else I am so mad.
  • conanwolfconanwolf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else have this problem... Ive been trying to patch the game for the past two days :/ first few times the launcher just self cancelled and turned off. This time the patch got up to near 50% then it suddenly dropped to 24%

Any help on matter be appreciated thanks
    edited May 2013
    This game has been running poorly since the update.
    The game always throws me out after taking 20 minutes to load.
    I then have to wait in an hour long cue. Why is there a cue? There never was a cue before.
    I exited the the game and I am going to go do something else I am so mad.

the reason for a queue is so that servers don't get over loaded and crash and the other reason why you have to wait is that lifers get bumped to the front of the line. i am a pay as you go person. as far as loading the game for me, i hav not had a problem yet. knock on tribble.
    edited May 2013
    conanwolf wrote: »
    Anyone else have this problem... Ive been trying to patch the game for the past two days :/ first few times the launcher just self cancelled and turned off. This time the patch got up to near 50% then it suddenly dropped to 24%

Any help on matter be appreciated thanks

DSL or satilight conections might do that. not sure. it also may be that every one there Wookiee, there Ewok and there Tribble are trying to laod at the same time. if your loading around 3pm your time and about 10pm your time. that would be a buisy time. now put time zones into play- im in NY. my 3pm is 12 west coast. not to buisy. my 6pm.... dam now i have to fight central time and Pacific time. i t took me 4hrs load 6 gig for this game- running 6 core and vid card that has 1 gig on-board mem. i did it in the morn for my time. hope this helps.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.