test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    even the gateway is broken. why have a game if you cant maintain it? every aspect of game is broken in some form or another. on the gateway you can not access fleet members accolades, the loading disconnects you just trying to view different screens.

the foundry and mail has been broken since expansion launch in may. and no sign of cryptic fixing even in the update that they only working on stability wich is a joke considering they been trying to prevent people from getting kicked out of game since may also.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ....every aspect of game is broken in some form or another. .....

are you saying: "Doooooom !!!"

sounds like it.
    even the gateway is broken. why have a game if you cant maintain it? every aspect of game is broken in some form or another. on the gateway you can not access fleet members accolades, the loading disconnects you just trying to view different screens.

the foundry and mail has been broken since expansion launch in may. and no sign of cryptic fixing even in the update that they only working on stability wich is a joke considering they been trying to prevent people from getting kicked out of game since may also.

The gateway is off as the servers are down for maintenance.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maintance has nothing to do with it. try to log unto the gateway and view a member of your fleet weather it be personal or accolades it will crash.

its not the only thing broken. the foundry is so broken that the great customers have stopped publishing and making content. who can blame them.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm using a desktop PC, Vista Ultimate 64-Bit service pack 2 OS, Firefox 23.0 browser.

I can log into Gateway for Holodeck and see all my characters listed. However, I only hear the clicking sound upon hitting any of my characters. But the screen never changes to any detailed character.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am on a PC using Win 7 Ent. I have used Chrome and IE (Latest versions) and get this issue n both.

My two Fed Characters display correctly and I can access all info of them and there boff's.
    My Klingon character shows as being a fed on the character selection screen. It also shows him as Science. He's an engineer. When I click on him about half the time it times out. The rest of the times it display the klingon interface and but spread out so that I have scroll down to see each section. When I go to the BOFF's only the first 4's bodies and headshots are displayed. I can't advance to any other boff's. I can click on the 4 and see their stats. Again at the bottom of the scroll page. My Romulan character shows as romulan on the character select screen but when I click on it, it either times out or logs me out. more often timing out than logging out.

I would like to have this addressed as I use the gateway frequently.

Thanks
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • captainkirraz123captainkirraz123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried to login into star trek online through gateway but apparently it won't allow me access
    and it said: Disconnected from Gateway Login Server Internal Error: Account Permissions Not Found

what does this mean and what will i have to do???????:confused:
  • spacelichspacelich Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I seem to have lost the ability to use weapons during ground missions. Every time I try to make my character shoot an enemy, absolutely nothing happens. Needles to say, this has made it completely impossible to complete missions requiring combat.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Though it looks like we can contribute resources to Starbase projects, the resources don't actually get inputted into the projects

This is confirmed on both desktop and mobile versions of the gateway

Also spacelich, wrong gateway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only the first selected character's fleet will show in a Gateway session.

Steps to reproduce:
    • Select a character
      • The "Fleet" button will show up and Fleet data will display normally
    • Go back to Character Select
    • Select a character in a different fleet
      • The Fleet button does not show up, as it should

Workaround: Logout and Log back in and select the different character first, and the Fleet button will show up.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tried to login to gateway for the first time I've been a part of STO, and for some reason I keep getting an pop-up saying there is an internal error and that account permissions are not found. Does anyone know what this means, because I have no idea whatsoever.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • makutateridax200#3540 makutateridax200 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is the message i got

Disconnected from Gateway

Login Server Internal Error: Account Permissions Not Found

WTF!!!! :mad:
  • yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's fixed now. No problem now.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • tagoraktagorak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm playing in germany but using english language ingame...resently visited the gateway through my android phone but there everything is in german.
    then i switched the system language of my phone to english and now it is totally mixed up...part english, part german...

for example

Character Front all german
    =>Schiffssysteme all german titles/buttons, english item names/description

i would appreciate if the gateway-template would take whatever language i'm usually playing in. or even better, let me chose my language directly in the gateway. It might be interesting to learn the german name of an item if i were to communicate with another german player who uses his game client in german...
  • theomegariddlertheomegariddler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am having problems trying to load the game up. I've put in the right username and password but when I click Login, nothing happens. I know I have the right password because I changed it just to be sure. It did update when I loaded up the login thing on steam, is this a bug from something the developers did?
  • theomegariddlertheomegariddler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am having problems trying to load the game up. I've put in the right username and password but when I click Login, nothing happens. I know I have the right password because I changed it just to be sure. It did update when I loaded up the login thing on steam, is this a bug from something the developers did?

never mind, restart of my computer fixed it
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can no longer access the gateway app in Chrome.

Vista Home Premium 64 bit, SP 2, Build 6002

Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m - accessing Gateway hangs while "loading", with just a background graphic. Didn't do anything but close browser first time. Checking email later said someone was trying to access my account; I finally figured out it was this gateway. Triggers an email w/"New Computer tried to access your account" message. Does not give any message on Gateway. Was not logged in to forum or account.

After finding this post, logged in to both account and forum first, opened gateway in another tab. Same results - stuck at loading screen, triggers 'accessed by new computer' email.

When checking Chrome version to report here, it prompted to update Chrome.

Version 28.0.1500.71 m - accessing Gateway, same issue as above. Hung at loading screen, no pics, just background. Triggered email to input code for new computer again.
    Updating Chrome may have removed Java, downloaded and installed Version: Java SE 7 Update 25 for Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0 Java Architecture: 32-bit. (did not use beta 64-bit)

Logged into forums and account, then tried Gateway again. Triggered yet another email that a new computer had accessed my account. At this point, I give up. If I have any energy later, I will try IE, but would prefer not to use that browser.

This is still happening, exactly as described. Any attempt to log in to the gateway results in a blank screen, and triggers a "new computer access" email to my email address. Does not tell me I need an access code on the gateway, and there is no way to input one anyway.

Since there have been no replies to any of these bugs, I'm wondering if there is anyone monitoring this forum at all. Plenty of people have reported the same bugs, which are not listed in the 'known issues' in OP. Just feels rather hopeless posting any feedback. <shrug>

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • mandrakeman50mandrakeman50 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if this is the appropriate forum topic to post this, so if it isn't, then administrator, feel free to move it to the appropriate area.
    Anyway, I tried to delete arc from my computer, because quite frankly, I love Star Trek, but I just don't have the time to play! So, I tried deleting arc from my computer, but when I did, it removed other files, not related to arc!?! So, I did a computer restore, which worked and restored other files previously deleted, that were not related to arc. So then, I tried to delete arc again, but this time, before doing so, I took screen pictures of my files, that were previously deleted, but unrelated to arc. Then, I deleted arc again, but the same problem arouse! It started deleting unrelated files from my computer! So this time, I took screen images of arc, deleting the unrelated files! I also discovered, that if arc doesn't remove it's files, as well as the unrelated files of arc, it stays on my computer, stating that there are still files on my computer, that need deleted, before arc is fully removed! I tell you what, this is the craziest program that I have ever come across in my 15 yrs. of dealing with computers! It wants to remove programs like, VLC, EAS ToDo Backup, Ad Blocker and so on! Any suggestions would be really appreciated and well received! Thank you.:confused:
  • oceanabolynoceanabolyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, is there a known issue for the server kicking people out of the game? Two of my friends and I have been getting bumped out all day, and we live in three separate states, so it's not just my internet connection.

I've nearly completed the SAME mission six times, the last time I was finally in the last room of the away mission and "boop!" Awww sorry, server disconnect, better luck next time loser.

What gives? I leave game for nearly a year (because my computer died) and when I am finally able to get back on, I can't stay on...

:(

I think I'll just go pout in the corner until it's fixed...
  • sugi2ksscsugi2kssc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am pleased to see that gateway is in development. I had been asking for a while and I am lloking forward to its full release. At the moment one of the main issues I have is that it doesn't update the in game content yet. (ie. When making contributions to the base.) if we can get the web based access to in game email restored that would be great too. Duty officer assignment management, skill point specing and reputation point management would be nice features for the gateway as well.
  • khoweykhowey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I noticed a new clipping problem with Females wearing the romulan republic 1 jackets, the pattern on the jacket overlaps onto the undershirt. I also noticed some clipping in the armpits, where the undershirt shows through the jacket. I typically set my video to maximum quality, also reverified my files to be sure it wasn't just a problem on my end. here are some screenshots with he clipping circled in red:
    cliperror1sto.jpg
    cliperror2sto.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Still can't log in to Gateway using Chrome browser. Initiates a 'new computer has accessed your account" email with a number to input, but nothing shows up in the browser other than the blank background screen.

I did try it through IE, and was able to log in. In that case, cannot contribute to starbase projects, leaderboard sorting by contribution amount is sorted in a weird way - like sorting in Excel. So, you might see the list sorted like this:

various other things that have been mentioned in this post already.

I used to be able to get into Gateway on Chrome browser, sometime in July it was patched and the ability went away. Read prior posts from July on, I am not the only one.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Still can't log in to Gateway using Chrome browser. Initiates a 'new computer has accessed your account" email with a number to input, but nothing shows up in the browser other than the blank background screen.

I did try it through IE, and was able to log in. In that case, cannot contribute to starbase projects, leaderboard sorting by contribution amount is sorted in a weird way - like sorting in Excel. So, you might see the list sorted like this:

various other things that have been mentioned in this post already.

I used to be able to get into Gateway on Chrome browser, sometime in July it was patched and the ability went away. Read prior posts from July on, I am not the only one.

Here is some info from the team that works on the Gateway:
    We would suggest to use an Incognito window and try it. This will get rid of any plugins or extensions which might be causing problems. (You WILL get another Account Guard request every time you're in incognito; just don't save it.) If it still doesn't work, then it rules out extensions. If it does work, then there's an extension causing a problem.

Also: Java is not used by Gateway, so anything involving that doesn't matter.

EDIT: Also, the team is investigating your reports -- the incognito test allows for some debugging.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2013
    Here is some info from the team that works on the Gateway:

EDIT: Also, the team is investigating your reports -- the incognito test allows for some debugging.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OK - so I tested through an incognito window.

Through the incognito window, I logged in and got to the verification window, which I was not able to do in a regular window. Looked very promising. So - got the verification code from the email, entered it in the box, left the default "My Browser" name in the browser name, and unchecked the 'save' box.

Clicked to load and got an immediate pop-up that says "Disconnected from Gateway. Invalid Machine Name". Clicking "OK" on the popup puts me back to the login screen.

More info for the tech team - The only extension listed is McAfee SiteAdvisor, which was not enabled for incognito windows. For giggles, I decided to enable it for incognito windows, ran through the login process again, and got the same results - disconnected from gateway, invalid machine name.

McAfee SiteAdvisor is also enabled in IE, which does not have an issue with log in. So I'm hesitant to think it's an extension.

I got further along in incognito, but still can't load the gateway. I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of people with the 'invalid machine name' message who have posted previously.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

edited September 2013
    There is also some very good feedback in the original Gateway thread - Bran, you might want to close that thread so people realize they're supposed to be posting here.

If they're subscribed, they may have not seen your updated message to reply here instead. It took me a while to notice it. (because generally I just go to the first unread message in the subscribed thread)

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• bammincbamminc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am currently able to assign projects in the mobile gateway, although my fleet rank should not allow me access. I use chrome on my android phone.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    On the gateway, contributions to fleet projects have been unsuccessful.
    Tested on:
    PC Google Chrome
    IPod touch 5th Gen safari
    Nexus 7 (2012) android tablet Google Chrome
    Droid 4 android stock "browser" (not chrome)
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • sorensinclairsorensinclair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please help! I am having a problem loading the character page. This is my first time playing and it has been a nightmare to get this game running. I have windows 7 and use mozilla firefox. I havent been able to join game yet. I havent been able to get past the character page. If someone can give me some pointers i would surely appreciate.

Live long and prosper.

Still have not been able to get the character select screen. It says there is an error. Really frustrating since i want to play this game and cannot.

Please help!
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After successful use with my pc, I tried using it with a Nokia Asha 302,

and while the login went well
    and so I received the character selection screen with the "Access Granted - Select your Captain" message

clicking on any of them has no results other than reloading the same page again and again.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • mashaniemashanie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    On the gateway, contributions to fleet projects have been unsuccessful.
    Tested on:
    PC Google Chrome
    IPod touch 5th Gen safari
    Nexus 7 (2012) android tablet Google Chrome
    Droid 4 android stock "browser" (not chrome)

Had the same experience, nothing gets contributed, or updated even. I highly doubt those holding provisions haven't changed at all over the course of 20+ minutes.

Tested on:
    PC Google Chrome, Firefox, IE9
This discussion has been closed.