Install Arc
Options

15% Bonus ZEN With Ultimate Game Cards! [Now Ended]

124»

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I just got 2 Ultimate Game Cards? and they are twenty dollars each. I went to redeem them and I can see that if I had a $50 Ultimate Game Card? I could get my 15% bonus, but no other amounts seem to apply it. I read in another post that if I had a $25 card, I could redeem it for 20, then for 5, and then get a help ticket for my additional ZEN, but would this require any dollar mount other than 50? I'd like to know before I redeem them and could still get a refund at the store if they don't work.

EDIT: I am going to redeem the cards. I trust this company to fix the error. They have been true to their word in the past and I have no reason to think they would be otherwise now. I assume I will just need to create a support ticket (in game?).

EDIT2: you're probably going to laugh at this but the support link on your website in broken. I tried using it with Chrome, Firefox, and IE on my PC and then tried Chrome and Firefox on my Mac. As of now, I have no way of creating a support ticket. You guys in tech support and customer service must be having one hell of a day.

EDIT3: I emailed them on friday with my request for help. Still no reply. I am sure it is because of the weekend. Still, fairly disappointing since the sales end Monday.

Actually, this specific promotion ends on July 31, 2013 and is related to the Ultimate Game Cards. Look at the first post in this thread for more details.

You might have gotten the date for this promotion confused with the 'buy 4 get 1 more free' Fleet Ship Module sale in the C-store. That ends on Monday, June 17. (Today) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=749301

You could always ask in the General Discussion section (if you're able to create new threads) and ask other players how exactly the Ultimate Time Cards work. I'm sure there has to be someone that can explain it from experience. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128
  • Options
    frontier2109frontier2109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have had a UGC card for the last 4 days, I pick the option for $18.99 but when I checkout it demands that I pay $25.69 for 2513 zen!!! Rather than the clearly stated price. getting very annoyed now
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have had a UGC card for the last 4 days, I pick the option for $18.99 but when I checkout it demands that I pay $25.69 for 2513 zen!!! Rather than the clearly stated price. getting very annoyed now
    Are you outside the United States? If so, are you in a country with VAT?
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

PWE/Cryptic don't know how to fix bugs, but they sure now how to get money out of you really quickly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm in UK but nothing in the selection or checkout screens mentions VAT what so ever, so I think its just a bug as I already paid VAT when I bought the card from UK website. never trying this again! will just paypal in future
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm in UK but nothing in the selection or checkout screens mentions VAT what so ever, so I think its just a bug as I already paid VAT when I bought the card from UK website. never trying this again! will just paypal in future

OMFG and the price keeps going up! gone from $25 to over $26.69
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please note that if you happen to have an eligible $25 card, there is no redeem option for $25. Please redeem the card for $20, and then a complete a separate transaction for $5 dollars. While you won't automatically gain the 15% bonus on the second transaction, we will be manually crediting you the bonus -- please file a Billing ticket (instructions at the bottom of my post here) once you redeem the $5 so we can apply this credit. Feel free to send me a forum PM with your ticket number and I will make sure that it is in the right queue -- please allow up to 48 hours for this.

LOL. Can't you see how hopelessly, convolutedly broken this is?! How about you just extend last Saturday's regular 15% Zen bonus a bit? And make up some for the bonus weekend event in the process!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has there been any official response on why we never got the bonus marks, any response at all???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    For only a short while longer, get 15% bonus ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. Full details here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=901271

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Steam promo by any chance??? :P don't make this badger sad.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It mentions "available at retailers" and then tells you to go to a website? you use prepaid cards because you dont wish to charge them to a credit card, so.. anyway

I purchased a prepaid card today to check out the promo, came home and loaded it in, no bonus. I read a bit more and see that apparently its only one company that sells the gamecards, not other companies you use liked FastCard. a company thats based online? again.. that defeats the purpose of prepaid game cards...

a 15% promo for game cards should apply to ALL prepaid cards, and I do believe this may be the last one I purchase, due to intentionally misleading advertising. Not that anyone cares, but many players use these cards for all of your games,
  • Options
    kommander1988kommander1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just to point out, I don't normally buy these cards, but given the credit card fraud I've experienced recently, and the 15% bonus, thought I would at least give it a try.

I looked for the card brand on the website, and found all the physical stores it's carried at (so you don't need to buy it online, at least in the U.S.) and got the $20 version.
    Redemption was overly complicated on the PWE website, but went through fine.

Today, went to a different store, and they only had $10 and $25 dollar denominations, so I bought a $25 one...not realizing all the issues with redemption, which are in this thread.
    Oh, and needless to say, you can't contact PWE billing via the website, because it's borked and doesn't go anywhere...like the email surveys I get from them.

So, had to send an email to Billing, and I'm assuming I've lost out on the 15% of $5, because the redemption site only handles in increments of $10...good times.

Also, the transaction processor looks like it's going out of business (by what I see on their website), so I'm wondering how much palm-greasing PWE got to get these cards sold this month.

If you want to get Zen this way, make sure you're doing a number of things:
    1) You only want to buy a RED Ultimate Game card, with the head of the kid on it whose hair looks like fire...if it isn't red, you have the wrong card.

2) ONLY BUY cards in a denomination ending in ZERO "0"...$10, $20, etc. You'll avoid the nonsense of a processing company that sells $25 denomination gift cards that can't be redeemed online because it only redeems in values ending in "0".

Not going to do this again...I'd prefer to buy PWE-branded pre-paid cards if they're going to do an offer like this...but quite honestly, I'd rather grind my face into the Vlugta mine fields at this point for as much time as I've wasted on this! :mad:
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I purchased a prepaid card today to check out the promo, came home and loaded it in, no bonus. I read a bit more and see that apparently its only one company that sells the gamecards, not other companies you use liked FastCard. a company thats based online? again.. that defeats the purpose of prepaid game cards...
    This is partially correct. Fastcard is the middleman company between the retailers and the vendors. On the back of both an UltimateGameCard (UGC) AND Perfect World card (PW), there is the Fastcard logo. They just do it all.
    15% promo for game cards should apply to ALL prepaid cards, and I do believe this may be the last one I purchase, due to intentionally misleading advertising. Not that anyone cares, but many players use these cards for all of your games,

It would be nice for consumers if they did, but guess what, UGC probably brokered a deal that only they get the bonus for a time, otherwise there would be no reason for us to "give our business" to them right? The promo exists because of UGC's desire to get more business and sell our emails, not because of PW's desire to sell more PW cards, because they'll get a kickback anyway.
    I looked for the card brand on the website, and found all the physical stores it's carried at (so you don't need to buy it online, at least in the U.S.) and got the $20 version.
    Redemption was overly complicated on the PWE website, but went through fine.

I suppose I should've gone the forum route and looked for Canadian buyers, but for just $20 I at least wanted to try it out.

Mistake.

The value of 2000 Zen is $20 U.S. Perfectly fine for U.S. residents. But UGC knows I paid $20 CDN and wants an extra $2.20. Which of course I don't have without buying another $20 card. See how this goes? And despite my best investigating, I cannot simply "top up" with a credit card, I can only buy another full denomination. Microsoft Points all over again... crikey.

So I too have only been able to redeem 1500+150 Zen after spending $20. Perhaps this is currency-exchange karma catching up to Canadians who enjoy PW cards? :confused:
    2) ONLY BUY cards in a denomination ending in ZERO "0"...$10, $20, etc. You'll avoid the nonsense of a processing company that sells $25 denomination gift cards that can't be redeemed online because it only redeems in values ending in "0".

Not going to do this again...I'd prefer to buy PWE-branded pre-paid cards if they're going to do an offer like this...but quite honestly, I'd rather grind my face into the Vlugta mine fields at this point for as much time as I've wasted on this! :mad:

I redeemed in increments of $10 + $5, so I'm not understanding the problem you encountered here. I was able to redeem $5 no problem, but for whatever reason, and with screenshots as proof, the 75 Zen bonus on the $5 did not come through.

I don't like using the word "gyp" for its cultural connotations, but this is what we got with a side of snake oil.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL

I went and got a game card yesterday for this game. Got the 2000 points only for the 20 dollars. No bonus.

So go figure.....not impressed with this promotion.

Seams broken and kind of stupid.

I did not see in the menu the extra bonus zen like I would for cash or paying through pay pal.

And it looks like the extra 15% bonus isn't reaching people who used the game cards.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    edited July 2013
    LOL

I went and got a game card yesterday for this game. Got the 2000 points only for the 20 dollars. No bonus.

So go figure.....not impressed with this promotion.

Seams broken and kind of stupid.

I did not see in the menu the extra bonus zen like I would for cash or paying through pay pal.

And it looks like the extra 15% bonus isn't reaching people who used the game cards.

Hi there! Is it possible you were using a different type of prepaid card? This offer only applies to Ultimate Game Card (UGC) prepaid cards, and is currently still available. Here are the bonuses that display in the Billing portal (here) when I choose "Ultimate Game Card" as the payment processor (granted, I am in the EU currently so the prices are displaying in Euros):
    NOTE: The following prices are as of 7/12/2013 @ 1:23PM CEST and are subject to change at anytime. Always check the billing portal to see current pricing.

((Euros > ZEN + Standard Bonus + UGC Bonus))

89.99 Euros > 9,900 + 700 + 1,485

44.99 Euros > 4,950 + 350 + 742

27.99 Euros > 3,080 + 220 + 462

18.99 Euros > 2,090 + 110 + 313

9.99 Euros > 1,100 +
    + 165

4.99 Euros > 540 +
    + 81

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    spectpspectp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought an Ultimate Game Card at the local Target store. But when I tried to redeem it, I'm forced to log into UltimatePay.com site which I am unable to register to the site. So now I can't redeem the card at all. Anyone else having issues with the UltimatePay.com site as well? I tried to register with several emails/pc/browsers and they have all failed. I get an error every time I try to log in with my email/pwd at that site.
  • Options
    dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spectp wrote: »
    I bought an Ultimate Game Card at the local Target store. But when I tried to redeem it, I'm forced to log into UltimatePay.com site which I am unable to register to the site. So now I can't redeem the card at all. Anyone else having issues with the UltimatePay.com site as well? I tried to register with several emails/pc/browsers and they have all failed. I get an error every time I try to log in with my email/pwd at that site.

Glad I saw this as I was about to go out and buy one before the promo ended. Saw that another person on the forum in having the same issue. Cryptic seems to have a habit of partnering up with some pretty shady companies. Hope it works for you before the promo ends. If not, I would hope cryptic would honor it anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2013

The card is redeemed on our billing page at https://billing.perfectworld.com/ ("Charge ZEN Now" > 2nd column under 'Cash, Prepaid Cards and Vouchers': "Ultimate Game Card").

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad I saw this as I was about to go out and buy one before the promo ended. Saw that another person on the forum in having the same issue. Cryptic seems to have a habit of partnering up with some pretty shady companies. Hope it works for you before the promo ends. If not, I would hope cryptic would honor it anyways.

Not shady at all. I have been using these cards since December. It is a great way to gift Zen to friends and family. The grocery store that I buy the cards from gives $0.10 a gallon of gas for every $50 spent in gift cards. They carry the Ultimate Game Card but not the standard "Perfect World" ones.

Follow the instructions that Brandon posted and you should be fine. Also, a neat trick I just found out, is that if you want the bonus Zen from the $50 offing but cant find a $50 UGC, you can use any amount of cards (5 of the $10 or 2 of the $25) to make the $50 requirement.

Matt
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The card is redeemed on our billing page at https://billing.perfectworld.com/ ("Charge ZEN Now" > 2nd column under 'Cash, Prepaid Cards and Vouchers': "Ultimate Game Card").

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

I followed that link.. that's what I normally use and it works fine with my cc and paypal. When I select Ultimate Game Card and put my email and the numbers in the 'pin' field location, it routes directly to ultimatepay.com and requires a login. At which point, I am unable to proceed with the purchase.

Here is the UGC selection:
    ugc1.jpg

Here is the bottleneck Ultimatepay point
    ugc2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Brandon,

I followed that link.. that's what I normally use and it works fine with my cc and paypal. When I select Ultimate Game Card and put my email and the numbers in the 'pin' field location, it routes directly to ultimatepay.com and requires a login. At which point, I am unable to proceed with the purchase.

Here is the UGC selection:
    ugc1.jpg

Here is the bottleneck Ultimatepay point
    ugc2.jpg

Thanks for the screens -- I checked in with the Billing Team for more info. They let me know that if this appears it means you either created an account previously or UGC created one for you. For example, if you have ever used a $25 card, for example, the leftover $5 becomes Ultimate Pay points that you pay with via your Ultimate Pay account. Per the text on the second screenshot: "If you have never logged in before, use the forgot password link to get a password sent to your email address."

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the screens -- I checked in with the Billing Team for more info. They let me know that if this appears it means you either created an account previously or UGC created one for you. For example, if you have ever used a $25 card, for example, the leftover $5 becomes Ultimate Pay points that you pay with via your Ultimate Pay account. Per the text on the second screenshot: "If you have never logged in before, use the forgot password link to get a password sent to your email address."

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's interesting.. but I've never used UGC before. And as for login into Ultimatepay.com, their site does not authenticate my attempts even when I try to register an entirely new account.
  • Options
    syseugenesyseugene Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For you UGC, its a simple process

You purchase your UGC code from a physical or onlnie retailer. ( i used offgamers due to its location relative to my place )
    You get a code via email from the reseller or retailer web portal just after the purchase via credit card

With this code, go to PWE, login account and go to Charge Zen
    Use the IGC option and you will have a textbox to place the code in.
    Bonus zen credited.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    syseugene wrote: »
    For you UGC, its a simple process

You purchase your UGC code from a physical or onlnie retailer. ( i used offgamers due to its location relative to my place )
    You get a code via email from the reseller or retailer web portal just after the purchase via credit card

With this code, go to PWE, login account and go to Charge Zen
    Use the IGC option and you will have a textbox to place the code in.
    Bonus zen credited.

If you check out my screen shot.. you'll see that the UGC selection makes me log into ultimatepay.com regardless of the email I use. Even though I've never used this method before.
This discussion has been closed.