test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15% Bonus ZEN With Ultimate Game Cards! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For only a few more weeks, get 15% bonus ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. This offer warps away on July 31st, 2013, so act fast! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING $25 ULTIMATE GAME CARD PREPAID CARDS:

Please note that if you happen to have an eligible $25 card, there is no redeem option for $25. Please redeem the card for $20, and then a complete a separate transaction for $5 dollars. While you won't automatically gain the 15% bonus on the second transaction, we will be manually crediting you the bonus -- please file a Billing ticket (instructions at the bottom of my post here) once you redeem the $5 so we can apply this credit. Feel free to send me a forum PM with your ticket number and I will make sure that it is in the right queue -- please allow up to 48 hours for this.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    persephone513persephone513 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For only a limited-time only...[/B][/URL]

Umm, one too many only's Branflakes ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Umm, one too many only's Branflakes ;)

:eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm. I'd never thought about game cards before - this looks like it would work well for people in the UK. We don't get shafted with exchange fees (USD -> EUR -> GBP) and there's no VAT on them.

Can buy them online for direct price. 6.58 GBP for 1000 zen (9.99874 USD as of live exchange rates)

(Normal price is 8.84 GBP after exchange rates and tax, or 13.4 USD)

So there you are, Europeans, if you need Zen, rejoice!

EDIT: How dare you change my pound sign into a question mark. Outrage PWE, OUTRAGE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For a limited-time only, get 15% bonus ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. This offer warps away on July 31st, 2013, so act fast! Read more for full details.

Just remember that IF you purchase the $25 Ultimate Game Card, you have to enter the code twice. Once for a $20 Zen purchase and once for a $5 purchase. You may also need to submit a ticket to billing as the $5 may not grant the bonus (at least I had to do that back in Jan when the same type of promotion was going on).
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sonofa... I just redeemed $45 in cards last night. :rolleyes:
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redricky wrote: »
    Sonofa... I just redeemed $45 in cards last night. :rolleyes:

That's cryptic for you, lol!

When will we be getting a Rixty Code promotion? That is about how 90% of my zen is purchased and it would be nice to get a bonus on it sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I take it we don't get the normal bonus zen from charging on the site for $50 (300 zen extra) and $100 (600 zen extra) with this, just like if we buy zen through Steam? Normally if I do buy zen during the sales, I get either the $50 or the $100 for the bonuses plus the 15% on the base. Anyone know if this works with these cards?
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    xs27xxs27x Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Umm so if i just redeemed some cards ~2 days ago am I screwed or is cryptic nice like a few other game companies and adds a grace period?
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nicer offer. But i have canceled my financial support for this game, until you fix the bugs and reduce the maintenance time.

After that, i will support this game again, because generally it is a good game with capability. With or without 15%. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nicer offer. But i have canceled my financial support for this game, until you fix the bugs and reduce the maintenance time.

After that, i will support this game again, because generally it is a good game with capability. With or without 15%. ;)

same hereuntil cryptic resolves the issues they ain't getting a dime from me
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    banzaipiranhabanzaipiranha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Hmm. I'd never thought about game cards before - this looks like it would work well for people in the UK. We don't get shafted with exchange fees (USD -> EUR -> GBP) and there's no VAT on them.

Can buy them online for direct price. 6.58 GBP for 1000 zen (9.99874 USD as of live exchange rates)

(Normal price is 8.84 GBP after exchange rates and tax, or 13.4 USD)

So there you are, Europeans, if you need Zen, rejoice!

EDIT: How dare you change my pound sign into a question mark. Outrage PWE, OUTRAGE!
    I don't think it works like that sadly. The game cards are basically just a prepaid visa that you use against the regular UK/EU price.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it works like that sadly. The game cards are basically just a prepaid visa that you use against the regular UK/EU price.

But that wouldn't work. If you buy a $10 card which can be redeemed for 1,000 zen... you wouldn't be able to redeem it for 1,000 zen. So what, you have to cover the extra with your credit card? That seems nuts to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    banzaipiranhabanzaipiranha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    topset wrote: »
    But that wouldn't work. If you buy a $10 card which can be redeemed for 1,000 zen... you wouldn't be able to redeem it for 1,000 zen. So what, you have to cover the extra with your credit card? That seems nuts to me.
    For example If I select UGC as a payment method it offers me Zen priced in euros and when I click through to redeem the card the payment is for that amount converted to dollars, so $13 for the 9.99 EUR pack. I haven't actually purchased a card to test though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    For example If I select UGC as a payment method it offers me Zen priced in euros and when I click through to redeem the card the payment is for that amount converted to dollars, so $13 for the 9.99 EUR pack. I haven't actually purchased a card to test though.

So this is essentially a completely useless promo for Europeans, Australians, Asians, Anyone-but-Americans... Thanks Crypric! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    mike5ivemike5ive Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tried to get the 15% on 6/1/2013 @ 6:55MST and nothing. This is the last time I attempt to get one of the offers, they do not work.
  • Options
    hedgehog007hedgehog007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately this is not interested offer for european players. It's cheaper to buy directly from store using paypal or credit card.
  • Options
    wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well...... I have a 30.00 game card and can't use it at all.

Every time I try, the UGC checkout flashes on my screen briefly only to be quickly replaced by a Perfect World "oooopps" bad URL error screen.

It just seems this company can't quite get anything right these days :(
  • Options
    nyrexxnyrexx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems to not work, wife saw the promo got me card wile out so used it since its already bought and no 15% bonus, says you have one in the check out but when you check balance no bonus.

Anyone thinking of doing this hold off till they fix this.
  • Options
    mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah why dont I get the bonus 300 if I use a $50 UGC?

It show I get the 15% thats 750. But when your site has the sale the $50 is 5000+750+300=6050

So why is the 300 not added in this?
  • Options
    branericbraneric Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also just used a $20 UGC card and do not have my bonus Zen :(
  • Options
    apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To all of you trekkies out there:
    It is my belief tht our game has been hack, that may be one of the reasons that we are having so many problems with the game.While going into PVE I pasted a screen shot for perfect world to see that under names CGE is coming up.Also during fleet event today I did not get the amount of fleet marks that the windows were saying if I was to get 60 fleeet marks I got 30 Fleet marks or none at all.I also watch the same thing happen in PVE borg missions were I did not recive any Dilithium when I should of had 930 Dilithium.I took a snapshot of the screen showing none being refined the NPC saying I recived it and none in the bank.This has occur 6 Times already.Just something to keep in mind with all the sector borg missions that you cannot Hail cammand with after completing.another thing also lose is 900 Zen from my account I am waiting a week for a answer from perfect world.
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't get my Bonus Zen either. Redeemed a 25 dollar card, showed the bonus in the checkout window, but no Zen recieved outside the standard 2500
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i just got ultimate game cards when i entered the code it showed the 15% but when i looked at the wallet i only got 4000 i should have 4600 if the 15% was there
  • Options
    spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, bought $50 worth of zen and only got the +300 bonus. Were is my other 450 at for the 15% offer for Ultimate Game Card purchases? I submitted a ticket but I hope it's more helpful than it has shown to be in the past.:mad:

Come on Cryptic. Your making it very hard to commit to being a monthly subscriber again or buying the lifetime option.:(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    braneric wrote: »
    I also just used a $20 UGC card and do not have my bonus Zen :(

We are investigating this now. I'll post an update once I have it, but rest assured that anyone who has redeemed a valid UGC prepaid card since the time listed in the promotion will get their bonus ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep. Same here. No bonus Zen.

*sigh*
    Come on guys. This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship.
    You punch me, yet I keep trusting you and stay...to get punched again :(
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In the grand scheme of life, getting punched is not even close to the delayed delivery of zen.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the grand scheme of life, getting punched is not even close to the delayed delivery of zen.

I think you are missing the point of the analogy. :P

And at the time of my post, the only information I had was that I had not received the bonus.
    Branflakes types faster than I do (I think everyone types faster than I do)

But thanks for the heads up Branflakes.
  • Options
    spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are investigating this now. I'll post an update once I have it, but rest assured that anyone who has redeemed a valid UGC prepaid card since the time listed in the promotion will get their bonus ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon,

I'll admit it's much more reassuring hearing from you that this is being addressed. :)
  • Options
    johnnyb10johnnyb10 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, same problem for me as well, added two $20 cards and only shows with 4000 zen instead of 4600.
This discussion has been closed.