STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• doresainbanedoresainbane Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    To whine about whine is fine
    To whine about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whiners
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiners did a little whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to play for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?

^ QFE I hate when people defend a service that isn't working like it will earn them free ZEN or something.
  • sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awww jeez, i forgot I left a cake in the replicator....it's going to be ruined by the time we get back in...and I bet my alarm clock is beeping like crazy because the cake should be done by now...pah..typical..

~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • kurbash5668kurbash5668 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the other MMO's ive played. I quit STO a while back because I was sick of the lame story line it had. Well PWE took over and I came back just recently and must say. I am very impressed with the leaps and bounds it has made. The romulan expansion is excellent. I love it. I love all the new features added and must say some server issues here or there do not phase me one bit.

Glad I decided to start playing again. Trying to get most of my fleet brothers back into it now because of the major changes. Before I wouldnt consider the lifetime sub. Now im pondering on it and may go through with it. Once again very pleased with its advances and story plotting now.
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lagunad wrote: »
    55 minutes since the first report on the forums. No acknowledgement or response.

That is first class community management!

lol, that's because the community mngr is out of the country......i guess no one is filling in for him at cryptic?
  • twofast4twofast4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    one would thik that hey this game is the most expensive game there is on the net they charge for every thing they must have goood servers i mean one would expect good programers and good servers with the kinda money being spent in game but damn man they should give every 1 like 500 z points at least for all the agravation this month it would be a nice gesture i have 3 uber toons purple xii gears all slots 10 universal consoles each and mutiable c store ships i could have gotten 1000 to 2000 z points in the time theyve been down this month from dill from stf e
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    otm5000 wrote: »
    Everytime I think about buying a lifetime subscription something like this happens.
    <
    Puts credit card back in wallet.

In that sense, you should be thankful for these regular outages. They keep you from doing something stupid :D
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • launaladylaunalady Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the shoe fits...

love ur logo how did you do that.....?
    Live long and prosper
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was online for about 10 minutes and tried to post something for sale to the exchange, and it wouldn't post. I thought if I logged off and reloaded STO it would fix the problem but noooo, it gave me further problems. Now I can't logon at all; I'm getting two different errors, and they're both coming from the point where it tries to retrieve your characters. The first is a logon server timeout, and the second comes back and says that it can't retrive my characters for "some unknown reason." You know guys, I was a programmer for close to thirty years and we never pushed patches until we made absolutely sure it wouldn't cause further problems. A lot of us haven't been able to play all day, and I'm a lifetime subsciber. What gives?

So you were a programmer for several thousand clients running a wide variety of systems, with a game comprising over 10 GB of information, with a multi-national corporation breathing down your neck with a timetable?

Wow, I bet Cryptic could learna lot from you. :rolleyes:

• mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its been what...an hour? 7 different threads with hundreds of posts of "OMGWTFZORRS THE SERVER IS NO WORK!!"

How about you go kiss your wife, pet your cat, do the dishes, grow a pair?

You guys are embarrassing.
  • hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we please have an update on the game launcher so we dont keep wasting our time trying to log on!!! Many thanks
  • kiesterbuttkiesterbutt Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the love of gawd. LEARN HOW TO CODE YOU USELESS TRIBBLE!!!
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm Just a Trekkie

I woke up it was 7 and i waited till 11

To figure out the server was down

I think got alot of friends but i can't contact them

Whats another night of downtime alone.....

When your spending every night on your own and here it goes

I'm just Trekkie and life is a nightmare, im just Trekkie and i know its not fair.

PWE doesn't care since im stuck in forums with the annoying trolls again, tonight.

And maybe when the night is dead i'll watch Voyager again

I'm stareing at Seven's body again

i'll try and think about the last time i blew up some guy, every Dev has somewhere to go....and their gonna leave us here on our own.

and here it goes,

I'm just Trekkie and life is a nightmare, I'm just trekkie i know its not fair.

PWE doesn't care cause i'm alone in the forums with the annoying trolls again!

What the hell is wrong we them can't keep the server running right, why does it always happens at night.

Wide awake im bored and i can't fall alsleep, and the disconnects are the worst ever......

(Repeat courus)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shad0wfx wrote: »
    no please feel free, perhaps if we all chant it maybe the server guys will wake up, although I'm sure they are doing their best.

If they were doing their best this wouldn't happen all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Until it works again, enjoy this picture of your mom. Performing the Riker Maneuver....
  • jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To Boldly Log In to to a server, where no one has logged in before.

Ha!
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server stability updates.

You keep saying these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apples and oranges.

Bioware is a professional game producer.

Whose fate was sealed as soon as EA got their claws into them.

The quality of Bioware games steadily went down since the buy out.
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    great now how will i gain 10 levels in one night on my alt lol
  • backstabber9backstabber9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arathin wrote: »
    Hey um guys......in case you havnt noticed Star trek online the legacy of romulas has CRASHED and the server is down and we are going :eek: or:mad: and a few are :confused: so maybe can we kinda get an idea of whats going on AND an estimate of when it will be back up thank you soooooooo much[/QUOTE

YEAH What HE said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably hackers... don't worry the FBI will touch them and water board them

Its the damn Elachi they are taking over the servers, Branflakes is putting together a dev away team in damage control right now.:D
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cry Havoc!

And Let Slip The Nerds Of War!!!
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some nice eye candy in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_7FIykNs0
  • epyonnext83epyonnext83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And this would be eight.
  • phyzelphyzel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I decided to go beat the kid and buy the cat ice cream.....

err...

Wait....
  • blackbullet4749blackbullet4749 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some of us have pretty limited time to play as we do actually have lives other than video games. So when we want to play it's nice for the servers to be up. But, as we have all found it's quite rare to be able to log in.
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whose fate was sealed as soon as EA got their claws into them.

The quality of Bioware games steadily went down since the buy out.

A sad truth. ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah, how do you install a countdown timer to an unexpected crash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A wise person once said: "mommas, dont let yer boys grow up to be mommas...". That, and being able to login and enjoy STO any given evening, are now, sadly, like dust in the wind... . .
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone from Perfect World even watching this thread?

Even a generic word from Branflakes saying
    "we know about the problem and are working on a solution"
    would be appreciated at this point, although an
    Estimated Time for a fix would be even better.
  • lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    otm5000 wrote: »
    Everytime I think about buying a lifetime subscription something like this happens.
    <
    Puts credit card back in wallet.

I've eaten mine, it was in frustration whilst watching the little red light turn green in the launcher. :D
This discussion has been closed.