What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am logging in loggin... why isn't it logging in?
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Probably some code that all of PWE's games share. Write once, crash everywhere.

This doesn't necessarily have the hallmarks of a code glitch. I'll admit, it could be software, but there might be hardware at fault somewhere too. Without seeing what their engineers can see I don't want to say it's one or the other. If Neverwinter was down too, I'd be more inclined to agree it was code.
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :Anyone for full contact Checkers????
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And I was wondering if I should take the day off... hmm.
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i left for months went played eve then came back to this sever on again off again TRIBBLE
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But do make sure, everyone, to give Cryptic your money, which they've so clearly earned, for 15% extra zen to spend in a game that's never up!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone at Cryptic or PWE explain exactly what it means when you take the server/shard down for two hours for "Server stability updates" or "Made improvements for general server stability"?

Seriously, what is the Cryptic/PWE definition of stability?

Have your developers fubared everything to a point that every time you fix one thing it breaks another?

Here's s suggetion,.. How about you fix everything that is broken before you intoduce anymore new features.
  • Options
    alphaphasertechalphaphasertech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cuatela wrote: »
    So you were a programmer for several thousand clients running a wide variety of systems, with a game comprising over 10 GB of information, with a multi-national corporation breathing down your neck with a timetable?

Wow, I bet Cryptic could learna lot from you. :rolleyes:

Way to just insult someone who has 30 years field experience. I'm sure you (don't) have quite the thing hanging between your legs.

Do YOU have 30 years experience in the field? do YOU have any reason to dispute his claim? I highly doubt it, so go to the back of the bus and shut up.
    "If the Iconians come, and we're not ready... Well, let's just say these petty arguments won't mean a thing." - Vice Admiral Thomas Bouwman of the Starsiders
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    A little compensation would be nice for all of this, it's getting to be jolly ridiculous :o

Yes but that would involve customer service and accepting responsibility, 2 things Pakled World refuse point blank to have any part of...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoami4 wrote: »
    I am logging in loggin... why isn't it logging in?

Guess you can't read anything at all. THE SERVER IS DOWN. No one can login. Blind bat.
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well he took the time to warn me for replying to an old thread!!! surely he can have the time to give us an update?
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But do make sure, everyone, to give Cryptic your money, which they've so clearly earned, for 15% extra zen to spend in a game that's never up!

I don't think you can. That system isn't working either it seems.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I remember Earth and Beyond...I will never forgive EA for what they did. I cried when they bought out Bioware.

Yep. I figured it would/will go the way of Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, etc.

I found out that EA bought Ubisoft (or a huge share of it). Say bye, bye to the Tom Clancy games as we knew them.
  • Options
    dukedavedukedave Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my server. Prepare to die.

inconceivable!
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well while were waiting for the servers to get back online, how about another Gorn joke?

Q: What do you call a Gorn that can pick up a Tiercel Shuttle?
    A: You call that Gorn.. Sir!
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2013

Exactly. I am done spending money on this TRIBBLE until they actually get it working again. Then maybe I will think about it ... maybe.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know if there is an ETA? I am off tomorrow and planned on playing ALL night, lol.
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ejg2k10 wrote: »
    :Anyone for full contact Checkers????

Only if you've stopped using that damn scepter when someone says "king me"
  • Options
    thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and this surprises you why?

Touche.

:(
  • Options
    ghostwalker0ghostwalker0 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is really annoying. It be nice if SOMEONE out there was to post SOMETHING
    on this.. usually buy now they?d be saying things like ?we are working to resolve the problem?
    or ?we are aware of the issue and are looking in to it? did every one there just up and vanish??? :confused:
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jedi: the servers are not at their peak master, we are seeing many disconnects in the force ...
    Yoda: yes, lots and lots times they are, the force is not strong with this one ...
    Jedi: well, we could always sell it to the sith.
    Yoda: yes, and upgrade we will young Jedi
    Jedi: you are wise master.
    Yoda: lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hicks451 wrote: »
    Well he took the time to warn me for replying to an old thread!!! surely he can have the time to give us an update?

LoL:P BUMP :PLoL
  • Options
    rhyobitrhyobit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This doesn't necessarily have the hallmarks of a code glitch. I'll admit, it could be software, but there might be hardware at fault somewhere too. Without seeing what their engineers can see I don't want to say it's one or the other. If Neverwinter was down too, I'd be more inclined to agree it was code.

At least the server's showing down in the launcher now, somebody'll be aware. The lack of a courtesy update at US primetime is somewhat disappointing though...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hicks451 wrote: »

If it was any of the community mods (purple name), they'd know about as much as the rest of us about the servers. Community mods aren't PWE staff.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    clogginnsclogginns Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe the janitor tripped on a chord?
    OR the government is just TRIBBLE with all the gamers, specifically the ones who are over 18 and still live in their Mom's basement.

But, the fact still stands, I can't play.
  • Options
    edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep can't connect to the login server
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    rkaliusrkalius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Full contact checkers? Hmmmmm
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And I thought SOE was bad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know why, but in game when my Excelsior-class ship gets near a Constitution-class ship, the transwarp stops working.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
This discussion has been closed.