What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    mdsmith1mdsmith1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally ridiculous - getting kicked off constantly for two days, now can't login at all. I don't know why I pay for this.
  • Options
    mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am showing server is down. LOL it crashed, or they took it off line.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I start talkin about making another toon, and this happens!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    server reboot?
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wagers on whether a whole hour will pass without even an acknowledgement of the problem?
  • Options
    thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    beyond ridic actually....

why is he in the netherlands ?
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • Options
    samanthavampiressamanthavampires Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Retrieving list of characters..." followed by "Connection to Login Server timed out..."

OK, glad to know it just isn't me, thanks.
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HEY CRYPTIC WHY YOUR AT IT CAN YOU FIX THE LIFE TIME MEMBERS ZEN TO I'M STILL WAITING FOR 2 MONTHS WORTH OF ZEN HERE, OH AND CAN YOU FIX THE KLINGON SIDE THAT STILL BROKEN OH and can you also fix the game to while your at it so it works... just throwing that out there other wise see you most likely tomorrow when I finish work since I only get 2 hours to play these days and every time this happens... and before anyone says go outside its 3.30am for me I have no TV in my room I don't drink hot drinks and I've read every book in the house from the last 1 billion server down times.

Other than that the game is great still love it to bits even with all the problems.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope the Devs' pagers go off when the servers go down. Or carrier pigeon w/ a message...
  • Options
    mcluvinmcluvin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    raslodan wrote: »
    stuck at connecting to login sever here too, hope they fix it soon

http://sto.perfectworld.com/ now says that the server is down.. hopefully that means they're aware and working on it
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They have trouble keeping one nine in their up time. How about every minute of down time cryptic cuts the completion time of starbase and embassy projects by a extra minute?
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was online for about 10 minutes and tried to post something for sale to the exchange, and it wouldn't post. I thought if I logged off and reloaded STO it would fix the problem but noooo, it gave me further problems. Now I can't logon at all; I'm getting two different errors, and they're both coming from the point where it tries to retrieve your characters. The first is a logon server timeout, and the second comes back and says that it can't retrive my characters for "some unknown reason." You know guys, I was a programmer for close to thirty years and we never pushed patches until we made absolutely sure it wouldn't cause further problems. A lot of us haven't been able to play all day, and I'm a lifetime subsciber. What gives?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    kkeene#2425 kkeene Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this being said All I'd like is a real apology, I've spent over ?100 on lock box keys got jack **** and I was fine with that but server down issues I just want an Apology of some form some prove they actually give a **** and I don't normally bother posting but I need to vent haha
  • Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here we go i got 2 hours to play tonight and earn some dil and once again the servers are down. as a paying subscriber it just puzzles me how people can write code and then install it into a working game and have absolutely no clue as to whether it will work or will it cause more crashes. I sometime think the people writing the code are in a competition on who can make the most screwed up patch without breaking the game 100%
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HEY CRYPTIC WHY YOUR AT IT CAN YOU FIX THE LIFE TIME MEMBERS ZEN TO I'M STILL WAITING FOR 2 MONTHS WORTH OF ZEN HERE, OH AND CAN YOU FIX THE KLINGON SIDE THAT STILL BROKEN OH and can you also fix the game to while your it so it works... just throwing that out there other wise see you most likely tomorrow when I finish work since I only get 2 hours to play these days and every time this happens... and before anyone says go outside its 3.30am for me I have no TV in my room I don't drink hot drinks and I've read every book in the house from the last 1 billion server down times.

Other than that the game is great still love it to bits even with all the problems.

Zinda, his face black, his eyes red
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh look, I just got some zen during the promo... that means, it must be....
    TIME FOR ANOTHER SERVER CRASH!
    *ding ding ding*
    Show our lucky winner what's behind door number 3!

NOTHING

*wah wah wah*

Kind of funny, mmoserverstatus still shows it is up...
    LIES, all LIES!

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Que another patch with "server stability improvements"
    in 3...2....1.....

:mad:
  • Options
    explorer669explorer669 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it says the server is down. what is going on????
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Back to Warthunder Open Beta, they are more stable then this sinking ship
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daeryn17 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am new here. I created a character and when I hit engage, I was given the message you all are getting. Would my character have saved, so that I can use him to login once this issue is fixed? Or, do I need to create a new one? What a crappy first run at a game. I was so pysched to play this but it's been such a hassle since I created my account.

See this is what I was talking about, If PWE every hopes to increase their customer base things like this can't happen. they may have lost a potential gold member. Just sad!!!!:(
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    mypizzahutmypizzahut Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spudman67 wrote: »
    Give me one good reason to keep my subscriptions going.... Please....

This is why Im f2p
  • Options
    thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in the UK and branflakes is visiting the Netherlands, Amsterdam. His current timezone is gmt +1 which is one hour more than mine in the UK. So his time is 3:30 currently. He is not in the USA u know. ;)

why is he in the netherlands
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK pages filling up quicker than i can keep up with now
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    ussexcelsiorussexcelsior Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, lately I've been really starting to rethink my premium membership :mad:
  • Options
    fraethirfraethir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mikedigger wrote: »
    I told you, primetime in europe means it is night there, so they have to pay overtime if someone is actuall working, so they only have the janitor there monitoring and then calling the it guy at home

In what world? The server maint times are always in pacific (currently something like GMT-7). That's seven hours earlier than UK, 9 earlier than a lot of Europe. If prime-time is 6pm, then it's like 9AM for Cryptic.
  • Options
    bruzerobruzero Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same for me. Logged off for half an hour and now I can't get back on.
  • Options
    sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sensing a lot of tension, and I don't need to be a Betazoid to figure that one out!

Anyone fancy a game of I-spy?

Or perhaps a game of hide and seek...The STO technicians are definitely hiding somewhere, lets go seek them out!

yay!

...soon be christmas

~Sereneia
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in the UK and branflakes is visiting the Netherlands, Amsterdam. His current timezone is gmt +1 which is one hour more than mine in the UK. So his time is 3:30 currently. He is not in the USA u know. ;)

lulz, glad the community manager is out of the country while the server still falls apart on a weekly basis after a major release :)
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    STO - 0
    Cryptic server - 0
    Unhappy players - 10000000000000000000000000000000
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did the engineers try turning the server off and then on?
  • Options
    pumamandingopumamandingo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This happened to me yesterday, too.
    I couldn't find a thread about it, though. Was I the only one?
This discussion has been closed.