MS got trolled

2»

Comments

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    and its not just ubi its BioWare and EA also

I guess you missed the part where EA dropped all their online passes.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ya I guess I did :o but that is EA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think what happened was this.

Microsoft: "Hey! Here is our console that looks like a 1980 VCR! You can plan a bad FPS with 12yo brats that complain about being sniped with a sniper rifle and play with a digital canine or sports...or you can watch TV and our new Halo series on it. But you need to stay online, have a membership to our online service, let our little device watch and record your every move, and pay us to play the used game you just bought at Gamestop! Don't worry, all this is for the greater good of making the world a better place when we turn out the Skynet we built with all your souls."

Sony: "Hi, we are not going ot make you pay twice for used games. Here is some of our new games...oh wait! IS THIS KINGDOM HEARTS 3?"

Nintendo: "Hey, here is all the games we are making for the Wii-U. We are putting both the male and female Wii Fit Traienrs in SSB AND having Bayonetta grace our console with her presence in her sequel."

The X-Bone got X-pwned.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Sony: "Hi, we are not going ot make you pay twice for used games. Here is some of our new games...oh wait! IS THIS KINGDOM HEARTS 3?"

hey ive waited 8 years for that game :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    keiichi2032keiichi2032 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you do know at the time PS1 came out its was the Nintendo 64 that was out not the Nintendo's Phillips CD-I it was old and outdated by the time PS1 came out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips_CD-i

Timeline is not the consideration, especially considering the Playstation 1 was essentially part of the 32-bit CD generation.

These are facts from established history. Nintendo had partnered with Sony to create a CD expansion to the Super Nintendo console, announced at E3 as the "Nintendo Playstation". Nintendo had always been the master of its domain, and this deal (since Sony would have exclusive rights and profits regarding the disc hardware) Nintendo saw itself at the lower end of the deal. Shortly after E3, Nintendo would break its partnership with Sony and go with Phillips to create the CD-i as their SNES expansion instead. This, needless to say, made Sony furious.

Now, Nintendo is clearly at fault here. Some believe the reason they did that was with the assumption that Sony would re-negotiate with a more profitable deal for Nintendo. This did not happen, and Sony pushed to create its first solo venture into the video game landscape with its Sony Playstation. At the same time, the Phillips CD-i was a total flop. Now, let me re-state my original statement. The Playstation was not made to crush the CD-i, but its existence is primarily a "frak you" to Nintendo for the blatant slap in the face after E3. This one Nintendo deserved... but still, the Playstation was built out of spite, and not primarily for gamer enjoyment.

We move on to Playstation's lifespan, which is dominated entirely by third party developers who flocked to Sony because of the CD-based media, which offered more data capacity than cartridges. Nintendo 64 would follow, and lose all but a few third party developers, and you find almost the entire N64 library was first-party Nintendo franchise titles. Not to say they weren't amazing, because they totally were. But Nintendo refused to switch to CD-based media because they were deathly afraid of piracy, and CDs were too easy for game pirates to copy. That, and cartridges offered internal memory storage, not requiring you to buy an external memory card, or increase the cost of the console with internal memory hardware.
    and to be frank Nintendos time is about up and time for them to go the way sega did wii u any one?

As for your last comment, I LOVE the Wii, and adore the Wii U just as much. The most fun I have ever had with a console was playing Super Mario Galaxy. And the Wii U appears specifically designed for an enjoyable gaming experience for everyone. Sony and Microsoft have appeared singularly devoted to "hardcore gamers" and wowing people with graphics power. While that's all well and good, great games don't depend entirely on graphics, just like MMO's do not depend entirely on storyline, you need enjoyable gameplay to make it work. This is something Nintendo has never forgotten, except in those dark days of the Phillips CD-i.

BTW, the Dreamcast was an awesome system. Probably the best console of the generation for gamers. Its only drawback was the lack of DVD player, which would have added unnecessarily to its sticker price.
    Paid STO subscriber since December 2010, and DJ for mmo-radio
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    im sorry if wii u was the last con on the planet I die of game boredom for I don't do family oriented gaming and that's all Nintendo is about family gaming not hard core gaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    im sorry if wii u was the last con on the planet I die of game boredom for I don't do family oriented gaming and that's all Nintendo is about family gaming not hard core gaming

What IS "hardcore gaming" really? From what I can tell, its simply a matter of status symbol. The only consideration for a "hardcore game", from what I can see, is amazing graphics and lots of violence. Now correct me if I'm wrong, because I just don't see anything else to it.

And its not "family oriented" rather than being a console anyone in the family can figure out and play, instead of being scared by so many damned buttons and complicated manners of playing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What IS "hardcore gaming" really? From what I can tell, its simply a matter of status symbol. The only consideration for a "hardcore game", from what I can see, is amazing graphics and lots of violence. Now correct me if I'm wrong, because I just don't see anything else to it.

And its not "family oriented" rather than being a console anyone in the family can figure out and play, instead of being scared by so many damned buttons and complicated manners of playing.

can you play games like metal gear solid or final fantasy or God of War or Halo or battlefield or dragon age?

wow thought wii u controller had the same amount of buttons as a ps3.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    can you play games like metal gear solid or final fantasy or God of War or Halo or battlefield or dragon age?

wow thought wii u controller had the same amount of buttons as a ps3.......

Every single one of those games were made by third party developers who went to Sony just because of the CD-based media, as I stated before. The biggest blow to Nintendo was losing Squaresoft.

I never said there weren't good games on all three systems. I simply asked what qualifies as "hardcore gamer"? Regardless of games, the entirety of Sony's console lineage has been either out of spite, or with the singular focus of destroying competition, while Nintendo's focus has been more the players. Consider it a matter of principle.

Just like how I refuse to vote for someone who says "vote for me, cuz HE sucks"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haven't really looked through the libraries for the Wii U yet (my roommate keeps playing the Super Mario game that came with it instead), but I did see that Mass Effect 3 was on there. Strongly considering downloading it, so I can play it on the little screen while everyone else watches TV.

Is ME3 "hardcore"? I'm really not clear on what that is, having grown up during an era when people paid actual cash money, a quarter at a time, to play Donkey Kong...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Around the same time Microsoft announced their DRM policy, which means EA does not need online passes anymore for the Xbone they can just do it from the disc, so another rerason to get a PS4 over a Xbone, unless EA brings online passes back for PS4 only.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Every single one of those games were made by third party developers who went to Sony just because of the CD-based media, as I stated before. The biggest blow to Nintendo was losing Squaresoft.

I never said there weren't good games on all three systems. I simply asked what qualifies as "hardcore gamer"? Regardless of games, the entirety of Sony's console lineage has been either out of spite, or with the singular focus of destroying competition, while Nintendo's focus has been more the players. Consider it a matter of principle.

Just like how I refuse to vote for someone who says "vote for me, cuz HE sucks"

this what comes to mind when I here nintendo family games mario kart donkey kong Zelda and I do like them games don't get me wrong but to me I play a lot more on my ps3 then I ever have gamecub and the wii my wii life only had 2 games for it Zelda twilight princess and super smash bros brawl gamecub one and that was Zelda the wind waker nintendo don't get big titles and when they do they are water down from the other 2 consoles because nintendo don't have powerful machines like the other 2 do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Around the same time Microsoft announced their DRM policy, which means EA does not need online passes anymore for the Xbone they can just do it from the disc, so another rerason to get a PS4 over a Xbone, unless EA brings online passes back for PS4 only.

Considering they've dropped online passes from their existing titles on current-gen consoles (and PC versions), I don't see them turning around and slapping them back on one flavor of console titles.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    this what comes to mind when I here nintendo family games mario kart donkey kong Zelda and I do like them games don't get me wrong but to me I play a lot more on my ps3 then I ever have gamecub and the wii my wii life only had 2 games for it Zelda twilight princess and super smash bros brawl gamecub one and that was Zelda the wind waker nintendo don't get big titles and when they do they are water down from the other 2 consoles because nintendo don't have powerful machines like the other 2 do

In order to keep up on power, it would add about $100 to the sticker price of the console. Even moreso for additional hardware like DVD player and so forth. That's another appealing factor of Nintendo to me, is that they try and remain cost effective at every opportunity.
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem (and primary reason I do not buy Sony consoles) is that every single console Sony has produced has been for the specific reason to tarnish another company or trash another console. Its a matter of history.

Sony Playstation - created for the sole purpose of crushing Nintendo's Phillips CD-i

Actually, Sony was brought in to assist Nintendo in developing a disc-based version of the Super Nintendo, with the goal of taking advantage of the CD-ROM/XA format's copy protection. This fell apart once Nintendo declared their contract unacceptable and terminated the agreement. Instead of cutting their losses, Sony ran with it, ultimately releasing the PlayStation.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually, Sony was brought in to assist Nintendo in developing a disc-based version of the Super Nintendo, with the goal of taking advantage of the CD-ROM/XA format's copy protection. This fell apart once Nintendo declared their contract unacceptable and terminated the agreement. Instead of cutting their losses, Sony ran with it, ultimately releasing the PlayStation.

Scroll up, I had illustrated that in further detail after this post :P

But yeah, Sony making the Playstation was Nintendo's fault for being a little too greedy... and the CD-i was the biggest piece of TRIBBLE of the whole 32-bit generation, I'll say.
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whether you'd like to be Xboned or Pay the Station, PC gaming is better.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Considering they've dropped online passes from their existing titles on current-gen consoles (and PC versions), I don't see them turning around and slapping them back on one flavor of console titles.

Just to follow up with this...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/ea-online-pass-staying-dead/
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2013
    Just in case you had not heard, Microsoft just backpedaled...hard
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    their are some saying I like to say

1.Too little to late
    2. the damage is already done

:D:D:D:D

and they can do all they want to their DRM but the game makers still have a open door in the xbone OS that MS made for game makers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All Hail the Xbox One80
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    All Hail the Xbox One80

I say they should go for Xbox 360-2 :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a start, but with the diminishing trend of "exclusive games" they need to push more revisions. I'm physically disabled and cannot use the kinect system, there is no one else that will use my system, so why should I have to pay the extra money for the kinect, always have it connected to my system, and albeit a very small amount pay for the extra electricity to power something I'll never use.

You can easily build a custom high-end/top of the line computer for very close to the price the xbox one is at, and one with more power and functions than a console will ever have, and with HDMI being the norm now it's easier than ever to just hook a computer up to an HDTV. That's not even mentioning the savings on not having to buy xbox live and now cross platform multiplayer is becoming more standard the big question is even with these recent changes, why bother?

Drop the kinect requirement and allow us to transfer xbox360 games to the cloud storage and play them on xbox one, then maybe there'd be more incentive to buy one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]