Install Arc
Options

STO Outage 6.3.13 [Resolved!]

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since it appears none of you ever leave STO or the STO forums, I just thought I'd point out that the other major Sci-Fi MMO known as EVE Online, suffered almost 24 hours of downtime that was only fixed yesterday.

The reason for that? A massive DDoS attack that took down all their systems. There is apparently a very good chance that whoever was responsible for that attack may well be on a DDoS spree and is taking down one game after another. Do not be surprised if Blizzard also suffers similar issues over the next few days, along with NCSOFT and any other MMO company.

Sometimes it pays to pay attention to the world outside your STO account, you never know what you might find out.

Erm...What? Why are you comparing a DDoS attack on a different game to pre-existing network issues that have been going on here for weeks? Those are two completely different situations. EVE went down because someone attacked them, not because there were any actual problems.

Why you are trying to imply that there is some people going around attacking both STO and EVE is beyond me. There is no connection. There is not 'apparently a very good chance' of any such situation. Someone got pissed at CCP or some corporation and decided to cause problems for everyone over there. Its not the first time. Don't go ranting about some mass attack against the mmo industry because of that

Seriously, claims like this go well beyond the scope of making excuses for cryptic. The 'connection' you arrived at is absurd
    Cut your generals' heads and hand marshal batons to the rest... you sure win wars that way...

Actually, it worked for Stalin, Mao, Sun Tzu and quite a few others. What was it Stalin said? Something about it taking more courage to retreat than to advance in the Soviet military?
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Captains - We're back online. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "dammit man, you have the repair the damage, drilling holes into his head isn't the answer"
  • Options
    xuneixunei Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Twitter's out :(
    Saarak, Vulcan Tactical officer, Captain of the U.S.S. Eternal.
    Kaalina, Romulan Science officer, Captain of the U.S.S. Tesseract.
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "dammit man, you have the repair the damage, drilling holes into his head isn't the answer"

It is for Cryptic and they ain't gonna change their ways for nothin'.
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Oh good god that takes me back!!:D I'm wondering if they have the contemporary equivelent to an old zx81 with 16k expansion pack problem..."RAM pack wobble" :P
    faethore wrote: »
    lol Pal,thibohr here,we had the Tandy 1000 EX,remember thet one?

HaHa I had a Tandy 1000, a Commadore 64, and a Coleco Vision.
    Hi Thibohr BTW.... I guess we are not going to run that Shuttle mission anytime soon hey?
  • Options
    andyvh501andyvh501 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think this is quite right.

8 is the number for the external disk drive. As far as I remember 1 was the number for the joystick, which you had to also put the command in for if needed (keyboard only games was just ,8 if I remember right).

Has been a while though.

Nope joystick was a side plug in, that had a specific memory location, you had to do "Poke" commands to call it up then isolate the Bit using "And" and the value of the bit for each button"
    The 1 was definatly to load the program in the exact memory location it came from (not so important for basic pgms but essential for machine code)
  • Options
    reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Think Skynet has taken over ;)
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At least my commodore 64 still works
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Think Skynet has taken over ;)

Skynet has better customer service, it might kill you but it's never going to let its software fail like this.
  • Options
    grims420grims420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    every time i try to login i get a msg "trying to update the launcher* then i get a msg unable to connect to patch server.

I was not having this issue before the server crash
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    so you say your online now well that nice hard to play when you stuck on a white screen launcher and cant put in your login info and i just bought LTS 2 days ago makes me wonder if i just wasted 200$
  • Options
    grims420grims420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same thing here. everytime i go to login i get trying to update the launcher and then it times out and says cant establish connection to login server...

i also have spent about $100 since LOR release and just bought a new cstore ship seconds before the server went down.

I have been pretty understanding over all the issues so far with this launch, but now im starting to get angry and not sure if i will ever put more money into this game!
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    dam you HIT NAIL ON HEAD 2 games 1 SERVER never a smart thing
  • Options
    lampropelmalampropelma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grims420 wrote: »
    every time i try to login i get a msg "trying to update the launcher* then i get a msg unable to connect to patch server.

I was not having this issue before the server crash

Same.

guess if most people are able to log in, its functional...
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Captains - We're back online. Thanks for your patience!

care to explain what the hell happens last couple of weeks? (cause i am pretty sure this will continue)
    i mean.. theres ppl here who actually pumping money into the game - you know.. customer service?
    i want to know, since these outages and maintainances happen every fricken day now?
  • Options
    dukedavedukedave Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was playing for several hours before the crash today. Now every 20 minutes or so I get a crash to desktop, or EXE stopped working, etc. What gives? Is it only me? Nothing seems out of whack on my end, temps, internet, etc...
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    derbock203 wrote: »
    care to explain what the hell happens last couple of weeks?

All those green letters you see when entring the Matrix? They added some blue and red ones and sometimes they send you Slap Fighting instead of Kung Fu. The Architect needs time to kill the rebels so he can fix the system.
    <3
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    All those green letters you see when entring the Matrix? They added some blue and red ones and sometimes they send you Slap Fighting instead of Kung Fu. The Architect needs time to kill the rebels so he can fix the system.

the only thing slap fighting seems the servers...
This discussion has been closed.