test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage 6.3.13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I took a small break fro some food ect, now the servers are down again? Anyone else having the same issue?

no we are not, we are all on the game.
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    typical, I finaly get a lock box ship, take it out for a test run and bang server dies....why now, of all the times it could have died.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • montsarimontsari Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server is down. I hope it's gone back online soon

I found some very simple bugs in the game.

1) Inbox delete button not work. Messages stay
    2) When traded item sell time is out that item not return
  • v1zeroyv1zeroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And to think i just bought ZEN for a Fleet ship... damn :o(
  • andyvh501andyvh501 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I first made that Commadore 64 comment... I really didn't think anybody else would even remember what it was... LoL. Glad to see some old school computer geeks here like me...
    Maybe you can answer this: My load command was Load " * " ,8,1
    What the heck did the * mean? Its been so long I have forgotten.

The "*" was a Wild card as you said load first thing you find. 8 was drive number, and the 1 was to load it where it in memory from where it originally came from (usually associated with ML code)
    the "$" was a single character wild card but if u had a large hard drive (I had a whopping 250 meg lol) and you wanted to load a game but didn't want to type the whole thing in you could use the wild card like load "duck*",8,1 to pull the first program that started with Duck.

ok ok I just shoed my old school geekiness.

(btw I ran an old BBS from mine which is why I needed that hard drive, Ironically mine was BBS was called star fleet command on the old Image net.)
  • kkeene#2425 kkeene Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    45 minutes are up - this is why you should always over estimate the amount of time it will take to fix a problem

Defo not Starfleet engineers we're dealing with then haha
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this time fixing the LoR expansion does not fill me with confidence about Arc
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    45 minutes are up - this is why you should always over estimate the amount of time it will take to fix a problem

This.

Mr. Scott's first rule to being a miracle worker. ;)
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    The servers are stable. They have been stabilized 19 times this week alone.

Oh I'm sure they are ... . :rolleyes:
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it means load all.

<----Also had a C64.

lol Pal,thibohr here,we had the Tandy 1000 EX,remember thet one?
  • gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    montsari wrote: »

I have these probs since LoR launch and reported it several times. Atm i cant even recieve more mail... problem is known but doesnt "affect the game stability" cause its not a dilithium bug with what they would loose lots of money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powermikerpowermiker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    haha i just found a very rare dof assignment and was putting my purple dof on it...and poof gone :D
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v1zeroy wrote: »
    And to think i just bought ZEN for a Fleet ship... damn :o(

You were kind enough to buy coffee for the dev's while they try to figure this one out.
  • exanguinateexanguinate Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is this just another standard STO hiccup or is this related to the recent eve online ddos attack.
  • amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sandmahn wrote: »
    All this time fixing the LoR expansion does not fill me with confidence about Arc

Yeah, I ain't installing that garbage, I only play STO anyway. I really don't like the idea of being treated like TRIBBLE and ignored as a customer in more than one game at a time.

Cryptic/PWE is going to have to come up with a better mea maxima culpa than an emote and badge this time, "shaka when the walls fell" just doesn't cover this debacle.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    montsari wrote: »

1) Known bug from Day 1 of LOR release.

2) Acess mail from a mailbox to send and recieve items. The mail button on the minimap is text only, items is through a mailbox.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    andyvh501 wrote: »
    The "*" was a Wild card as you said load first thing you find. 8 was drive number, and the 1 was to load it where it in memory from where it originally came from (usually associated with ML code)
    the "$" was a single character wild card but if u had a large hard drive (I had a whopping 250 meg lol) and you wanted to load a game but didn't want to type the whole thing in you could use the wild card like load "duck*",8,1 to pull the first program that started with Duck.

ok ok I just shoed my old school geekiness.

(btw I ran an old BBS from mine which is why I needed that hard drive, Ironically mine was BBS was called star fleet command on the old Image net.)

I don't think this is quite right.

8 is the number for the external disk drive. As far as I remember 1 was the number for the joystick, which you had to also put the command in for if needed (keyboard only games was just ,8 if I remember right).

Has been a while though.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • quvbaghquvbagh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are we almost there yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sandmahn wrote: »

what does Arc have to do with anything? it's a app to download the games from PW it has nothing to do with the crashes on STO
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quvbagh wrote: »
    Are we almost there yet?

yes we are I am loading the game as I type this
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would like to play today ! /rage ..

but well i would like to play on a stable server so i hope they take their time and fix whatever the problem is and hopefully stop the 150mb patch we keep getting everyday :)
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013

maybe they did...
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • sentinelangel989sentinelangel989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its back up.... for now. >_>
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WTF that neverwinter dev is posting to us again......IT'S AN INVASION!!!

SECURE THE WARP CORE, RAISE THE SHIELDS, READY THE TRIBBLE CANNONS!!!

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its Alive :D
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am beginning to wonder if they found the problem I haven't seen any ETA when they think it is going to be back.'
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    Its Alive :D

I wouldn't go that far....just because it's twitching doesn't mean it's alive lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tylerbcbullocktylerbcbullock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things could have been worse.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems they told everyone else apart from their own forums. It's back up lol
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since it appears none of you ever leave STO or the STO forums, I just thought I'd point out that the other major Sci-Fi MMO known as EVE Online, suffered almost 24 hours of downtime that was only fixed yesterday.

The reason for that? A massive DDoS attack that took down all their systems. There is apparently a very good chance that whoever was responsible for that attack may well be on a DDoS spree and is taking down one game after another. Do not be surprised if Blizzard also suffers similar issues over the next few days, along with NCSOFT and any other MMO company.

Sometimes it pays to pay attention to the world outside your STO account, you never know what you might find out.

Erm...What? Why are you comparing a DDoS attack on a different game to pre-existing network issues that have been going on here for weeks? Those are two completely different situations. EVE went down because someone attacked them, not because there were any actual problems.

Why you are trying to imply that there is some people going around attacking both STO and EVE is beyond me. There is no connection. There is not 'apparently a very good chance' of any such situation. Someone got pissed at CCP or some corporation and decided to cause problems for everyone over there. Its not the first time. Don't go ranting about some mass attack against the mmo industry because of that

Seriously, claims like this go well beyond the scope of making excuses for cryptic. The 'connection' you arrived at is absurd
    Cut your generals' heads and hand marshal batons to the rest... you sure win wars that way...

Actually, it worked for Stalin, Mao, Sun Tzu and quite a few others. What was it Stalin said? Something about it taking more courage to retreat than to advance in the Soviet military?
This discussion has been closed.