What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sorry to hear that the XP bonus does not interest you :( It is really a great opportunity to help you reach those higher commendation tiers a bit quicker.

This is back by popular demand :) We have a lot of new players that did not had the opportunity to get one when we had the last event in December, and players who missed it for other reasons :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Im thankful myself :D Granted a newer player and all. Love the Doff system and so so close to Tier 4 Dip, so this should help me seal the deal!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm sorry you did not understand what I meant, but when I said:

"In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened."

I meant people who played the event last time it happened. You obviously did not, since you do not have this reward, therefore you do not fit into the category I was talking about. Sorry you are so confused.
    I'm sorry the reward doesn't work for you, or a few other players. It doesn't invalidate the entire event. Sorry for the additional confusion.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So why should the vet players who got the exocomp last time get no special Doff this round? Why couldn't Cryptic just make 2 Doffs? A "choose one only" option so that everyone could get something.

TGN is right about what he is saying, most got the Doff, Crpytic was being lazy with not making a new one for those who had the ability to get it the first time..
    Becuase you just end up making a slippery slope. Either some players will never get all of the rewards, or other players will already have them.

Cryptic could do a lot of stuff with the development cycle, like make a new DOff, but they probably wanted to do something that didn't involve a lot of work so they can keep Season 6 on schedule. Just speculation, but there's probably some truth there.

The nagus is entitled to his opinion. But I for one am happy that there will be another chance to earn this reward, and that's my opinion. What I had issue with was the inferred representation by the nagus of me and other "loyal customers". Perhaps it wasn't meant, perhaps I read into it. Either way, I'm pretty sure I can form my own opinion on these matters :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I would say the event is utter pointless for the people that were around the last even and maximized their CXP but what is the percentage? I would say significantly smaller that the active KDF player population.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote:
    I would say the event is utter pointless for the people that were around the last even and maximized their CXP but what is the percentage? I would say significantly smaller that the active KDF player population.
    There are people who have T4'd on multiple Characters. The percentage of all T4s (or close to all T4s) is probably on the same order as the Active KDF population.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I missed the first one, didn't know there was even a first one, so this is nice. I'll probably be able to max out my remaining CXP branches to rank 4 as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What I really want is some kind of ipad or smartphone app that lets me play with my DOffs at work so I could take advantage of this event over the weekend.

C'mon, you know you want it so bad. Despite all the headache that it'll produce.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You all complain about this, but don't complain when they re-run the FE's with the same unique BOff's as the mission reward. As was said, this is common in all MMO's. How about throwing Cryptic a bone and leave this one alone, there are plenty, more important things to complain about.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    Adding the sentence doesn't change anything about my response to you - and it is still valid. It really makes me think that no matter what Cryptic does, there's always going to be someone that is unhappy.

They've screwed up in the past and I'm not going to deny that. But this is not one of those times.

Trust me folks will complain no matter what they do. Expect folks who missed out on the Doff reward again to show up on Monday after the event is over saying how they didn't know about it or were out of town and cryptic screwed them over by making this a limited time reward. They'll ask for the event to be run a 3rd time and eventually it will again and folks will complain again. And that cycle will repeat until someone sees three pips on Riker's uniform and gets us out of the loop.

I'm shocked there isn't a guy in here saying how Cryptic screwed them over by giving this limited time reward again to F2P players who haven't supported STO like they have for 2 years and has 4 LTS and paid for 6 copies of the game at launch. (I miss that guy).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sorry to hear that the XP bonus does not interest you :( It is really a great opportunity to help you reach those higher commendation tiers a bit quicker.

This is back by popular demand :) We have a lot of new players that did not had the opportunity to get one when we had the last event in December, and players who missed it for other reasons :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

a haters gonna hate... doff crafting hatorade now...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    YES!!! I missed this last time because I was busy IRL but elated to have a second chance at these! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'd just like to point out that the article says that there are Doff roster expansions of 25 and 100, but what they fail to mention is that these items are per character... That is where the C-Store still loses me... I'll buy those Doff expansions, but only once they're on an account wide basis...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    50% bonus to all duty officer assignment Commendation Experience Points (CXP)

Does this stacks with the CXP Boost consumable?
    ...only a couple of categories to reach level 4 now :)
    Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

Pfffft ... I wish I could euthanize these cry babies.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    Adding the sentence doesn't change anything about my response to you - and it is still valid.

Of course it is; you are completely entitled to your opinion.
    Obsidius wrote: »
    I'm sorry the reward doesn't work for you, or a few other players.

Please provide the data you have which tells you how many people this doesnt work for.
    maximus92 wrote: »
    You all complain about this, but don't complain when they re-run the FE's with the same unique BOff's as the mission reward. As was said, this is common in all MMO's. How about throwing Cryptic a bone and leave this one alone, there are plenty, more important things to complain about.

Like complaining about other people complaining? Gotcha :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well since I screwed up and got rid of one of mine, I'm hoping I can get it back,if not I'll be bummed. I'm happy for those who don't have it, they get to have it, but for those who have it, they get half of what everyone else does. thats, not all that fun, i don't need or want the CXP bonus, in fact, I won't use it, nor DOFFs were the ONLY reason I'm in game
    I'm rank 3 in everything as it is.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    maximus92 wrote: »

And /thread. Totally agree with AuntKathy too.

I hoped that a certain hammer cast a long shadow and served as an effective self-policing tool. Perhaps not.

Looking forward to this event.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I wasn't able to get them the last time around, but I do agree with what Brandon said. The doff from the event is not intended to punish anyone. It is intended to provide them to folks who don't have them. Everyone, however, gets the 50% bonus CXP.

I'm all for pointing out a failure on Cryptic's part, but this isn't one of them. Most MMOs have events where you can pickup items that were in previous special events and cannot get duplicates. Why would/should STO be any different? That's rhetorical of course.

actually it is a failure on cryptics part. they're essentially excluding people from a portion of an event for no logical reason. thats not a good way to treat long time customers
    They've screwed up in the past and I'm not going to deny that. But this is not one of those times.

yse this is one of those times. its not all that complicated to create a new doff for those who already have the previous one. if you can't see how they screwed up
    I'm sorry the reward doesn't work for you, or a few other players. It doesn't invalidate the entire event.

actually it DOES invalidate the entire event. half of it is about the bonus xp and the other half about the special doff. when you can't get half of what they're advertising that invalidates the event. and its by no means 'a few other players' its a very large majority of them that got it the last time
    Becuase you just end up making a slippery slope. Either some players will never get all of the rewards, or other players will already have them.

circular logic. there is no slippery slope there
    Cryptic could do a lot of stuff with the development cycle, like make a new DOff, but they probably wanted to do something that didn't involve a lot of work so they can keep Season 6 on schedule. Just speculation, but there's probably some truth there.

what? are you actually serious? when was the last time cryptic was on schedule in regards to any season? does what they did last time really have to be pointed out to you? how about the time before?
    And /thread. Totally agree with AuntKathy too.

I hoped that a certain hammer cast a long shadow and served as an effective self-policing tool. Perhaps not.

think before you speak and especially before making such veiled threats to others
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rhodes85 wrote: »
    actually it is a failure on cryptics part. they're essentially excluding people from a portion of an event for no logical reason.

Stopped reading :rolleyes:

If someone can't see this is just a second chance for others who missed out last time, that person needs to really really consider getting some perspective and taking STO far less seriously. I'm good for fussing at Cryptic but the whine in this thread is way uncalled for. Exhibit some self-control and stop hyperventilating over this stuff. If one's self-worth is that tightly correlated to the amount of e-shinies in the bank, to the point where one is severely diminished somehow when they can only get one and not two, it's time for a STO break, and perhaps an internet break too.

Want something to REALLY argue and fuss about? Go read what Cryptic pulled with the Gold Ferengi Lock Boxes and the FAQ.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Stopped reading :rolleyes:

If you can't see this is just a second chance for others who missed out last time, you need to really really consider getting some perspective and taking STO far less seriously. I'm good for fussing at Cryptic but the whine in this thread is way uncalled for. Exhibit some self-control and stop hyperventilating over this stuff. If your self-worth is that tightly correlated to the amount of e-shinies in your bank, to the point where you are severely diminished somehow when you can only get one and not two, it's time for a STO break, and perhaps an internet break too.

You want something to REALLY argue and fuss about? Go read what Cryptic pulled with the Gold Ferengi Lock Boxes and the FAQ.

So, when you disagree with what someone says you make derogatory comments about their personal lives?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This event -might've- been interesting to me... Had I not already pre-purchased Guild Wars 2. Sorry, i'll be busy all weekend playing the Weekend Beta.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I am so getting a headache right now.
    I do not have the doff. If I can ever get on again I will have the doff. That would be nice.
    It's kind of a mixed thing with the rest though.

They could have done something that would have made "almost" everyone happy. A new doff reward that anyone could get. Then the older players would have two. Like a vet reward. The new players would at least have the new.

They did not. It will be the same. So it is instead like Events where they give you a chance at a old BOFF. Something I have yet to see. Ok, their choice.

Everyone has an opinion. We all should be allowed to express them. I'm seeing alot of opinions attacked though. In the forums on a whole. Ideas attacked. Factions attacked. It's becoming a (or has been) a us against them situation over and over. Things like Feds can't have a carrier because that is Klingon Uniqueness. Really.... Take a breath people. No, this not where I offer to hold hands or sing.

Oh, personal opinion. I rather like the idea of a new doff. The longer you play, the more you should be able to collect.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    They could have done something that would have made "almost" everyone happy. A new doff reward that anyone could get. Then the older players would have two. Like a vet reward. The new players would at least have the new.

It seems so simple, doesnt it?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bummer my Main already has an Exocomp.....WAIT who cares, this is a great opportunity for me to get Exocomps/Remans on all the other 12 characters I have.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm all over the bonus CXP. Yay!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Let's assume for a moment that the Devs did offer a second Doff reward as is being suggested. What happens when Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend #3 occurs in, say, six months time? Would the community be satisfied with only being able to claim one of two choices? Or is the assumption that the Devs should add a new Doff reward each time this event is offered into perpetuity?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Whenever there is a scenario that there is a duplicate unique reward, why not just reward that player with 1440 Dilithium? Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Let's assume for a moment that the Devs did offer a second Doff reward as is being suggested. What happens when Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend #3 occurs in, say, six months time? Would the community be satisfied with only being able to claim one of two choices? Or is the assumption that the Devs should add a new Doff reward each time this event is offered into perpetuity?

Well..., it couldn't hurt... ;)

I'm actually happy They are doing a repeat weekend... My current Alt only has the TAC Exo. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Its very, very simple: just have a *different* free Doff each time. No, not *more* free Doffs each time. Just a *different* one than previously offered. That way every single person, whether they are a brand new player or a vet who was around last time, can get whatever the free Doff is for *that* event. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Its very, very simple: just have a *different* free Doff each time. No, not *more* free Doffs each time. Just a *different* one than previously offered. That way every single person, whether they are a brand new player or a vet who was around last time, can get whatever the free Doff is for *that* event. Everyone wins.

Even though im a relative newcomer to the game i 100% agree with this, its only in good taste and common sense that cryptic offer the veterans a new doff, and with the recent events of the massive bad PR cryptic has had with with the lockboxes and the hacking announcement, a few mins of spent of dev time to whip up a new doff would have won them a lot of good PR and some calming of the masses.

But that potential for some good PR is ruined.

Guess cryptics thinking will always be "cryptic" :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012

/nods. That makes sense.