Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Space, without much contest.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Space. More abilities to use and no brain-dead friendly AI.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Why? What's the purpose of this poll?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    it's easier to stay alive in space
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    OP maybe wondering why so few people do Ground STF's.

1: Space STF's run faster ..therefore you can grind EDC faster

2: Space STF's contain less puzzles the Ground STF's

3: Space STF's require less coordination than Ground STF's

4: More people played space maps while levelling in the game, thus are more familiar.

5: Grund STF's actually use class mechanics (engineers using weapon malfunction, sci using tachyon harmonic to weaken elites/heavys so the whole team can kill them faster.

6: Ground STF's require faster combat.

7: Ground STF's, epsecially elites have opponents than can 2 shot you. By design.

Yes I prefer ground, always have, always will. I dont think its better than space. Its just the way I am.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I prefer space but enjoy both.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I prefer the ground but thats mostly because I like to control my environment in a static manner
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I actually like both... Which i guess the guys at Cryptic will love to hear. Although im more emotionally attached to my Ship.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Space, I like ground too but they just take too long in comparison.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    For most of the game I prefer ground and tolerate Space but for the STFs it's the other way around, mostly due to me pretty much only running PuGs. Add in the tedium of the remodulation and it's hands down Space for the STFs.
    For the rest of the game I prefer ground for the same reason I dislike Space; the NPCs have fewer abilities than a player but due to the lower number available to a player anyway the difference is much smaller than in Space which, combined with the NPCs having similar HP to a player makes it seem less like shooting something that's just waiting to die and more like something that's actually fighting back.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Space is good. Could be better, but it's good. Ground? Meh. I think the gameplay is weak and it doesn't really feel Trek to me either.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Space but i also enjoy ground a lot too, space as its been pointed out are just quicker to grind.

But for ground i prefer my bridge officers as back up as no one seems to play ground roles how they should engineers don't heal any shields and medics heal themselves.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Macerx wrote: »
    Space but i also enjoy ground a lot too, space as its been pointed out are just quicker to grind.

But for ground i prefer my bridge officers as back up as no one seems to play ground roles how they should engineers don't heal any shields and medics heal themselves.

As someone who's main is a ground traited Sci, I'll give a little insight into why they probably don't heal others. In a PuG, I can heal others or I can heal me. As a Sci I can deal OK damage and be very tough or I can throw all my heals on someone not healing themselves, not using cover, using automatic weapons in STFs, using melee weapons against NPCs they know will assimilate them, who can't jump in Infected or who feel that as the most awesome player in STO it's only fitting that they should be using an EVA suit for an STF.
    The bad players aren't exactly uncommon but there are a lot of good players around, unfortunately after a while you just get fed up with wasting heals on someone who isn't helping themselves and you get into a nasty habit of healing yourself and ressing them when they go down; those that do any of the above deserve to be left without assistance but it also means some good players end up not being helped too. I do try and keep a look out for players I recognise as skilled and heal them but if I've had a bad couple of PuGs I'm almost tempted to help the Borg assimilate all Human's.
    It's annoying and it will ultimately lead to the optional failing in most of the STFs but if I blow all my heals on others that aren't helping themselves then my heals won't do much anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I like both, but prefer ground.
    Ideally though, I'd like to see more expansive ground areas, rather than the small zone or one route style mission templates that currently exist for ground. I'd like it to feel like more of a traditional MMO in some respects, rather than the very linear mission progression in ground, and in general, I guess :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    No contest. Space