test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community STO EU Meet-ups!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited June 2013 in Ten Forward
Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, I will be heading to the EU next month for 5 weeks and will be working out of our office in Amsterdam. Don't worry! You won't notice a difference with news, blogs, my forum postings (other than maybe posting more during EU timezones), etc. -- the only difference is what part of the world I am working in, but I'll be doing the same thing :).

While I am there, I would love to plan some casual STO meet-ups where players who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

Confirmed locations and dates:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands - Saturday, June 15th
  • London, England - Saturday, June 22nd
  • Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th
  • **JUST ADDED** Berlin, Germany - Saturday, July 6th

Note: All 4 dates and locations above confirmed!

So... anyone interested? I would love to meet as many of you as possible :) If you are, reply and let me know for which location, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    sussexgentsussexgent Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Brandon.

If you do hold a meet up in London I would be interested.

I can't help with location ideas though, I'm further south than that.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking how fun brans posts are gonna be when he's sitting in some of those 'clubs' with his tablet.

:D

Am really looking forward to it, have a good trip Bran.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you come past Copenhagen I'll buy you a beer, or 10 and get all the secret Tal Shiar (Read: Cryptic/STO) information out of you.
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    London, England - Saturday, June 22nd

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The one day I cannot do! :'(

D'oh! :)
  • Options
    kraft4406kraft4406 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    London meet up? If you do, Priority One will definitely be there!
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Brandon have fun!

And, while in Amsterdam, remember... the coffee houses just don't sell coffee... :eek::D
  • Options
    blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amsterdam... if you really want prime dutch cuisine the meeting could take place at one of the FEBO's to get a nice "kroket". :cool:

I myself a'm on holiday that date so i have to pass up on it.

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, I will be heading to the EU next month for 5 weeks and will be working out of our office in Amsterdam. Don't worry! You won't notice a difference with news, blogs, my forum postings (other than maybe posting more during EU timezones), etc. -- the only difference is what part of the world I am working in, but I'll be doing the same thing :).

While I am there, I would love to plan some casual STO meet-ups where players who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

Possible locations and dates:

Note: I'm still working to confirm London, and it will be primarily based on interest in this thread, but the other 2 are leaning more on the side of definite locations/dates as I already have my tickets.

So... anyone interested? I would love to meet as many of you as possible :) If you are, reply and let me know for which location, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

i would join but london is full of one way streets, traffic and very expensive prices, the answer is no for logistical purposes alone. so let me ask this question because it wont be any different then if i was standing in front of you asking about it, only difference is that i would have your full attention.

when are you getting around to solving these issues that you got with the game?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    johhannejohhanne Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm up for London, Brandon :)

I'm also a Londoner (or as near as!) so can help logistically if needed.

Jo
  • Options
    njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love to meet up in London I will keep a look out to see a place and time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

Excellent, I'm not working then :)
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    High chance I can do London...but no pubs ;)
    Logistically can't help that much, I'm south west of London by say 90 miles.
    Looking forward to it :)
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damned good show!

Whilst I can't make either Edinburgh or London (I'm smack bang in the middle...as far from these places as you can get) maybe you'll visit this green and pleasant land again...

Pop by Rugby on the way up to Edinburgh (or vice versa). And make sure you pronounce it Edinbura...not Edinburrow ;-)
  • Options
    pacohell666pacohell666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Branflakes,

Amsterdam - 15 June would work.
    Good location: De Balie - Leidseplein. (center Amsterdam)- Casual place with plenty of space to sit, drink, eat, talk.
    http://www.debalie.nl/home.jsp;jsessionid=7F6A79995E57DB263A732FAF8B446B81

And otherwise we'll find something else...plenty to choose from.

Me and some of the Silent Fleet Dutch and German (casual) members would like to meet up.

You can reach me ingame mail @pacohell or otherwise through my email. (i will be off and on next week until the 9th - holiday)

You can also reach: @Ophiuchuss (ingame email) or through email.

Cheers,

Paco
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I live in range of London and didn't have any plans for that weekend...

I've been on several message-board-based meet-ups in the past, and some of them took place at the Silver Cross pub in Whitehall... central location, big place, easy to find. Just a thought, on the principle that, if someone tosses out a name, someone else might say "yes" or "no, here's a better one"....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    stargek1stargek1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - Saturday, June 15th

NOOOOOO cant be there :(
    i will pass it on to my fleet mates.

Have fun :cool:
    Proud member of the Dutch Fleets:
    Heroes of Qonos - KDF
    De Verdedigers - FED
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A London meetup would be awesome.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Good news! Booked my London and Glasgow air and hotel tickets today :D These dates and locations are now CONFIRMED:

SO! Next step is to find a restaurant that will host a group.

There are a few suggestions in this thread so far, but if you have not already, or have others, please reply and let me know which location you'll be able to attend, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    johhannejohhanne Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brandon I work in and live near London.

There are a shedload of places - but the more convenient the more expensive. Personally I'd probably opt for something in Central London but that may work out more expensive. What's your balance?

Jo
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Brandon, you're probably best having your Scotland meet in Glasgow as it is about three times bigger than Edinburgh despite Edinburgh been the Capitol of Scotland.

I take it you're flying into Glasgow so probably makes sense :-)
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good news! Booked my London and Glasgow air and hotel tickets today :D These dates and locations are now CONFIRMED:

SO! Next step is to find a restaurant that will host a group.

There are a few suggestions in this thread so far, but if you have not already, or have others, please reply and let me know which location you'll be able to attend, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No Visit to Germany? :(
  • Options
    sparrowhawk4sparrowhawk4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why does the London visit have to be the week before my final exams? Although I guess it could have been awkward if I ended up being the only girl. I always wondered what the male:female ratio was.

The difficulty with recommending anywhere in London is that it's so big. That may sound trite, but I've lived here for almost 18 years and I haven't managed to explore nearly enough of it to give a well informed recommendation.
    Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet member.
    We have differences. May we, together, become greater than the sum of both of us.
  • Options
    darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll keep following this thread to see where in Amsterdam it'll be.

I'm not familiar enough with Amsterdam to be able to suggest a good place, but I would like to attend :D
    edited June 2013
    Woo Hoo. Can do the London one as my free weekend and will have been paid!

Covent Garden is usually a good place to meet (PorterHouse, Maple Leaf etc) with a number of large pubs able to accomodate crowds. On the Thames itself is Tattershall Castle (pub/boat) that is popular and spacious or on Holborn is a very large Wetherspoons pub that is usually quiet early doors but has a steady stream of people throughout the day.

Either ways I'm happy just to catch up and have a chat with some fellow gamers. :cool:
  • Options
    geminairgeminair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,maybe if it was closer to the N.W. U.k.i would have been tempted.sorry Londons a little far out for me .However,i would like to take this opportunity to find some British players/ or a Fleet .
    I have been playing the game for over a year,and although the fleet i am in are good people,i want a fleet who is willing to take me out on Fleet runs,apparently ive not been playing long enough and they want me to constantly get more experience ,however i feel i have done that to the point where the STF's are now getting boring,and solitary.
    and time differences haven't helped either.
    I have done as much as i can to help out with fleet marks and resources,and although im technically a "free" member,i often spend money on the game.
    i am just looking for an adult,friendly,Fleet that runs closer to GMT than my current one .

Sorry for posting here,but it wouldn't let me in 10 forward.

Current character: Aceceas@geminair.

Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    amurorx0amurorx0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    strorus wrote: »
    Hi Brandon, you're probably best having your Scotland meet in Glasgow as it is about three times bigger than Edinburgh despite Edinburgh been the Capitol of Scotland.

I take it you're flying into Glasgow so probably makes sense :-)

Not to mention having to deal with the ineptitude of Scotrail to get between the two...

About an hour on the road, easily two by rail (if/when it works).

I'd go to Glasgow, but not Edinburgh(don't know my way around enough to try & drive. Outright refuse to take the train)

Just some food for thought :)
    Ikuzo, Trombe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    arsenalrich29arsenalrich29 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump.

Surely a group as diverse as this should be able to arrange to meet up somewhere for a drink and a chin wag?
    Here's hoping. :)
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wish I could meet up with you lot, I just can't afford the travel expenses from Wales... But good luck to all and wishing you all an exciting adventure! :)
  • Options
    asteconnasteconn Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Despite Edinburgh being about 500 miles further distant than London, I'd rather go to Edinburgh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.