Options

Community STO EU Meet-ups!

2»

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kalecto wrote: »
    Wish I could meet up with you lot, I just can't afford the travel expenses from Wales... But good luck to all and wishing you all an exciting adventure! :)

Megabus? :confused:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im totally up for London :D I'm super excited now as well :)
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • Options
    kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    London Bridge is falling down... under the awesomeness of Brandon's visit.

I'll be in London for your visit :)

Places to eat? I suppose it depends on your likes and dislikes but you may want to think of a simple chain restaurant like Wagamamas.

I'm sure there will be some that say it's not classy enough but I rather like them :)

In any case, it would be nice to meet you finally after the few STF runs we did together before you got all famous ;)
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will see how my schedule is, shame you arn't popping by Copenhagen on your little tour, bit too short notice for me to pop over the Amsterdam or London ;-)
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree with the Rt. Hon. Kahless - chains are your friend. Wetherspoons is a safe bet - cheap and cheerful (and kind to the budget of any students who may be going, I'm sure!) :)
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Amsterdam eh? Nice. :)

Would've been more perfect if I could actually go, but I already promised to take some friends to see Star Trek Into Darkness. ;)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Hi all! Made it to Amsterdam safe today! Also, I'm still looking for suggestions on where we can all meet up in Amsterdam, London, and Edinburgh :) I've seen a few in here, but the more the better.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to Europe! ( no not the the band ) hope you have a good time brandon, i will not be able to make London ( stupid wedding ).
  • Options
    johhannejohhanne Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brandon I'd probably go for a place in Leicester Square - plenty of good and big chinese places or pizza places in that area.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've made a thread for the London Meetup - picking places can be a nightmare, and I thought that it might make life easier for everyone else if it weren't cluttering up this main thread; those attending, feel free to use it or ignore it. :)
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johhanne wrote: »
    Brandon I'd probably go for a place in Leicester Square - plenty of good and big chinese places or pizza places in that area.

Why not a place where he can get food local to London / England? Just curious.
  • Options
    pleasenonamepleasenoname Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will not be in the EU. I have been to London before, therefore I've decided to offer a suggestion. I would suggest the Sherlock Holmes bar, across from parliament. Also London city hall has very good food.

I am not sure if those places have the space you require; they are the only places where the food was good enough to remember.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, I will be heading to the EU next month for 5 weeks and will be working out of our office in Amsterdam. Don't worry! You won't notice a difference with news, blogs, my forum postings (other than maybe posting more during EU timezones), etc. -- the only difference is what part of the world I am working in, but I'll be doing the same thing :).

While I am there, I would love to plan some casual STO meet-ups where players who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

Confirmed locations and dates:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands - Saturday, June 15th
    • London, England - Saturday, June 22nd
    • Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

Note: All 3 dates and locations above confirmed!

So... anyone interested? I would love to meet as many of you as possible :) If you are, reply and let me know for which location, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'd love to in theory, sadly I'm working on the 22nd and 29th or I'd be there. That said if you happen to pass through Yorkshire give me a yell :)
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I'd love to in theory, sadly I'm working on the 22nd and 29th or I'd be there. That said if you happen to pass through Yorkshire give me a yell :)

Seconded... and if you're driving from London to Edinburgh you'll come pretty close! Or have a flight stopover in Leeds/Bradford airport and we'll all fill the airport bars!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok i like the idea and its a nice thought but

WHY WHY WHY LONDON

England is a long country

so why not Birmingham.

that would have made more sense

but hey ho.

Oh and if you looking for cheap for space to meet and talk where no one cares who you are you need a WEATHERSPOONS there are plenty near the major train stations and a few next to thames use google.

Have fun
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I sooooo want to come ... but as I am under 16 ... that may be difficult. Does anyone know ticket prices (train) for going to London from the North West?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've made a thread for the London Meetup - picking places can be a nightmare, and I thought that it might make life easier for everyone else if it weren't cluttering up this main thread; those attending, feel free to use it or ignore it. :)

Good idea! I will make separate threads later today or tomorrow for the other cities and close this one out to a link to each one, including yours :) That way those who can actually make it can post in the respective thread with their suggestions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok i like the idea and its a nice thought but

WHY WHY WHY LONDON

England is a long country

so why not Birmingham.

that would have made more sense

but hey ho.

Oh and if you looking for cheap for space to meet and talk where no one cares who you are you need a WEATHERSPOONS there are plenty near the major train stations and a few next to thames use google.

Have fun

Or Nottingham.

Wish I could go to London it would have been brill :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all! Made it to Amsterdam safe today! Also, I'm still looking for suggestions on where we can all meet up in Amsterdam, London, and Edinburgh :) I've seen a few in here, but the more the better.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Don't forget to treat yourself a traditional 'fish and chips' when in london. And if it's not wrapped in a newspaper it's not traditional :P
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good idea! I will make separate threads later today or tomorrow for the other cities and close this one out to a link to each one, including yours :) That way those who can actually make it can post in the respective thread with their suggestions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hello Brandon.

Might I suggest The Hogs Head public house which is in Londons Leicester Square. I have been to other game meets at this location (back when I used to play EVE Online) and I know that the landlord is very welcoming of large groups of people as there is a large upstairs section that can easily hold 100+ people.

The food is good and both that and the drinks are all reasonably (for central London at any rate) priced. The atmosphere is good and the location is easily reached by all forms of transport, not to mention the big cinema nearby and bountiful supply of smaller shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Enjoy your time there and also, will there at any point be an official meet taking place in Munich, Germany as I am moving there in 10 days time and will not be able to attend any of the UK meets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello Brandon.

Might I suggest The Hogs Head public house which is in Londons Leicester Square. I have been to other game meets at this location (back when I used to play EVE Online) and I know that the landlord is very welcoming of large groups of people as there is a large upstairs section that can easily hold 100+ people.

The food is good and both that and the drinks are all reasonably (for central London at any rate) priced. The atmosphere is good and the location is easily reached by all forms of transport, not to mention the big cinema nearby and bountiful supply of smaller shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Enjoy your time there and also, will there at any point be an official meet taking place in Munich, Germany as I am moving there in 10 days time and will not be able to attend any of the UK meets.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list of potential spots.

There is a VERY, and I mean very, small chance that there will be an additional meet-up in Germany, but it would be in Berlin if there was one. I am waiting to hear back from a friend in Frankfurt I am going to be visiting, but if I do go there, I wouldn't be able to do a meet-up due to conflicting plans. If they are not available for my visit, the small chance I am referring to is a trip to Berlin with the German STO Community Manager. But, that's really all dependent on my Frankfurt plans, and even then, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a good enough deal to get out there. I probably shouldn't even post this as I don't want to get hopes up :o

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list of potential spots.

There is a VERY, and I mean very, small chance that there will be an additional meet-up in Germany, but it would be in Berlin if there was one. I am waiting to hear back from a friend in Frankfurt I am going to be visiting, but if I do go there, I wouldn't be able to do a meet-up due to conflicting plans. If they are not available for my visit, the small chance I am referring to is a trip to Berlin with the German STO Community Manager. But, that's really all dependent on my Frankfurt plans, and even then, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a good enough deal to get out there. I probably shouldn't even post this as I don't want to get hopes up :o

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You are most welcome. I hope you enjoy your time both here in England and Scotland, I'm sure you'll find people quite welcoming. As for the Germany meet-up, do not worry if there isn't an official one, I'm sure I could find a fan organised one :) Happy holidays fella.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So, the question is...do these meetups count as conventions? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So, the question is...do these meetups count as conventions? ;)

Maybe, and I know exactly what you are hinting at ;) But I won't spoil any surprises -- you'll have to be there to find out :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OH NOES! You'll be in Frankfurt but there'll be no meet up? Shame, shame, shame! :(

Would have loved to have a meet up here! :)

(Of course, totally understandable that you wanna have some free time/hang out with friends/whatever. But still... *sob*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here are the individual meet-up threads to use going forward! Please sound off there if you are going to be able to make it :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.