test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heavy FPS drop since LoR (closed, necro)

Comments

• Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also realize that area's with a higher average population or more complex environment will have a major impact on FPS performance, for instance I get a massive FPS hit at Defera and even if I change my settings for some odd reason the FPS doesn't Change ? It maybe the same at NR too I actually haven't been there in awhile so I'll have to go check that out now lols. Regardless there needs to be quite a few optimizations put in place.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything has been fine for me no problems until after today's patch, now the framerate is so bad the game is unplayable and my pc is more than powerful to play this game.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, in any case. If anyone can confirm my observations, go to new romulus, stand in a specific point, note the average framerate.

Now switch over from DX9 to DX11 or vice versa, and dont change anything else.

Restart the game to initialize the new DX mode, see your FPS plummet or increase by at least 20, and your CPU usage will increase significantly. Its not just on new romulus, Its EVERYwhere. (Obviously only noticable in areas that demand higher usage anyway)

Its not any of my configuration related to or driver combo's, all settings are on default.

I actually change my settting from from Auto and/or DX11 to DX9.. I was getting 9-10 fps in most social areas.

After switching I went from 9-10 to avg 35-36 on DSG as was able to move around like i normally would and wasnt getting motion sickness.

Without testing further IMO there are SERIOUS issues with DX11 and all the people saying it improves performance are lying or LoR messed it up pretty bad.

I am going to start slowing upping my settings to what they have been since launch and see of it holds.

Still even on DX9 i still cant move the performance/quality slider from its initial position.

What ever they have done its not working for many of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm running on maxed settings and DX11 with absolutely no problems. 2gb AMD graphics card.

Just for the record "Alienware" stopped being high end anything the second Dell bought them.

The weird thing about this is that the people having the problems don't seem to have anything in common. Usually there's something in common that stands out eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wahoofxwahoofx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had the same FPS problem where I've had no changes to my hardware/software settings and worked STO fine before LoR went live and had problems since LoR's release. After going through most of the fixes without a change and ending up back on my regular settings this worked...

I simply moved the graphics slider (Speed-Quality, so make sure the advanced settings box is unchecked) to its maximum setting (all the way to Quality), applied it and made sure it activated...then waited a second or two and dropped it back to 3/4s of the way to Quality vs Speed and the gameplay seemed fixed. After a while or logging in again later the game was slow once more and I did the slider move up to full and back to 3/4s once more and it fixed itself again.

No idea why that is working, but it has done great so far.
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's me again - with the radeon hd 6520g - 512 mb shared memory. So i did some experiments on New Romulus. So if you have 512 mb graphics - 400 mb of this memory goes for textures (it is the maximum share for them). So on low (not minimum) it use around 189 mb for textures but it doesnt show much of a fps increase - up to 20 in the area. Quality uses more than 400 mb resulting in loading low quality textures on some of the environment and slightly less fps - up to 16-17. So there is something buggy with them, it has to be, i detected that my CPU or GPU usage was not at 100% in any of theese cases.
  • Options
    erockr32erockr32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so i have recently come back to this game after a friend got me to try out the new features since release (a lot thank god)

however I am getting random fps drops from my normal 65-90 down to 0 and it just freezes for a few seconds.

I5 2500k @4.5ghz
    670 MSI Powerclocked
    12gb DDR 1600
    256gb Crucial M4 SSD
    2560 x 1440 res

Everything is maxed out and runs fine and all of a sudden boom it will drop randomly ... I have updated to most recent NVIDIA drivers but this does not seem to help at all

I might have to roll back to older drivers ... anyone else find that too work?
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Smells like driver issues with newer/ATI DX11 cards. There's been ZERO difference in graphics performance since the LoR update for me.

AMD Phenom II X3 720 unlocked 4th core running 3.2GHz
    XFX GeForce GTX275 896MB (not overclocked, this is a DX10 card) 311.06 Drivers
    Asus M4A88TD-V EVO Motherboard
    4GB DDR3 1333MHz

Run 1920x1200, 2xAA, 4xAF, mid-high detail settings, driver texture detail set to Quality

Framerate hangs around 45 almost all the time, goes up to around 60-70 in sector space. The only times I get big dips in framerates is when I'm in an STF or Mirror and 3 or more people/NPCs use a torpedo spread at the same time, but it's been that way for a long time. The other time is when I've got my Mail and DOff roster open at the same time, which also has been that way for a long time.

Update:

My son gave me his old GTX 560, which is a DX11 card, which now replaces my older GTX 275. Something I have noticed is the game is forcing V-Sync on with this card (V-sync set to off in both the drivers and game). My frame rate is a constant 60FPS in sector blocks, 45FPS or 30FPS depending where I am on New Romulus (outdoors). My monitors refresh rate is 60Hz, so the game will no longer go past 60Hz maximum, and is constantly trying to set to 45 or 30FPS in some areas, which is how V-sync works when your frame rate drops under the monitor refresh rate. Most hardware it will set the frame rate to the closest lower number that is equally divisible by 1/4 of the monitor's refresh rate (ie: 45, 30 and 15 on a 60Hz Monitor)

Games frame rate drops to 58, you get 45. Drops to 44, you get 30, Drops to 29, you get 15.

My GTX 560, even when set at the same graphics settings as my old card, gets a lower minimum and maximum frame rate than my old GTX 275 did.

Frame rates Min/Max same graphics settings both cards:
    GTX 275: 74 (empty sector blocks) Max, 18 Min (heavy torpedo spread spam in ISE)
    GTX 560: 60 Max (everywhere), 15 Min (heavy torpedo spread spam in ISE)

I submitted a ticket, ID# 1,767,360
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2013

See, Since LOR I cant even change the slider. Its stuck in one position. Cant move it to performance, cant move it to quality. Its like the game decided what setting its using and is locked.

This happens to me aswell. The slider is locked solid, not even my VA engineer can ujam it.

If we could move this, we might actually see some improvement.

For me Nimbus III is so laggy, dunno if it's GFX lag or server side lag, but I think it's a bit of both. I have to turn my res way down to even be able to move on Lagbus III as I have rather aptly named it now. :P

Social zones are a lot more painfull now than before LoR hit, I get lagspikes in nearly all social zones, but for some odd reson ESD seems to be pretty good, but if I go to places like First City, or Drozana, it looks like a slide show, unless I happen upon a low pop zone.

I wish the devs would do what BioWare did to TOR in it's social zones, namely set the number of visible players in the graphics options. Setting this to 0 helps a lot, but leaves the places empty, save for NPC's. Setting it to show like 10 or so players is ok, but any higher, and I get a metric ton of lag.

I'm betting some of what we're seeing is due to a ton of not only players, but also NPC's in one place, like Drozana, or Lagbus III. If they removed some NPC's, I'm willing to bet that we would see a performance leap.

So, how about it Cryptic??
  • Options
    solaris304solaris304 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    win 7 64bit
    amd 6 core @ 3.9
    8 gigs ddr2 @ 1066
    gtx 480 oc'd ( for testing in game) 840/4000

iam playing Klingon and on home planet iam getting less then 20 frames, space 50-60

ive lowered shadows,lights,hrd,and most sliders to 25% and still the same for stations or planets. iam gonna look in how to switch to dx9 ( unless i missed it in menu ) cause this is bad enough to make me not want to play. on the up side there is a server maintenance at 7-9am est and one can only hope they will fix something ( doubt it )

so my system should be tearing up this game, i can play metro last light everything maxed and my fps doesn't drop below 26 thur entire game ( max was 45-48 ) gtx 480 showing its age
  • Options
    stillcarpstillcarp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When playing sto, I open system monitor and at 35 to 60 fps my cpu is at 40 to 75%max, gpu is at 40 to 50% max at any game setting.
    When in heavy combat stf or a heavy ground mission fps drop from 30 to 5 cpu 50% gpu 0% for 2 to 3 mins then up to 30 for about 2 mins then down to 5 again, can not play stfs or ground missions with this happing all the time since the start of this season.
    In other games I get 60 fps cpu 70% gpu 100% constant.

system specs:
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Cpu AMD Athlon x2 5600+ 2.9 Ghz
    4 GB ddr2 800 Mhz ram
    Gpu XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR 5
    OCZ petrol ssd 65 GB

WIN7 32 bit.
    On a fiends computer has the same thing happening his specs:
    Mobo ASUS P8Z77-VLX
    Cpu Intel ivybridge I5 3570k
    8 GB ddr3 1866 Mhz ram
    Gpu ASUS Nvida 960 Ti

WIN7 64 bit SP1.

We swapped over gpus and still have the same problem.:confused:
  • Options
    arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The performance started degrading for me when they made their change to textures immediately before the open beta weekend. Prior to that it ran like butter and looked great, now it runs fine for me much of the time but I get very noticeable stuttering sometimes. Since it seems to correspond to me moving or changing camera direction, I'm guessing it's texture loading that is the culprit. I have no idea why a change that is supposed to make texture loading so much less resource intensive has had the opposite effect for me.

Absolutely this. Turning the camera or moving around makes the game stutter and lag like hell.
    Risa and space combat are especially annoying. Or random system patrols with asteroids you move through at full impulse.

There has to be something wrong with the textures. Are they too big? Bad compression? No preloading?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    stillcarp wrote: »
    When playing sto, I open system monitor and at 35 to 60 fps my cpu is at 40 to 75%max, gpu is at 40 to 50% max at any game setting.
    When in heavy combat stf or a heavy ground mission fps drop from 30 to 5 cpu 50% gpu 0% for 2 to 3 mins then up to 30 for about 2 mins then down to 5 again, can not play stfs or ground missions with this happing all the time since the start of this season.
    In other games I get 60 fps cpu 70% gpu 100% constant.

system specs:
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Cpu AMD Athlon x2 5600+ 2.9 Ghz
    4 GB ddr2 800 Mhz ram
    Gpu XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR 5
    OCZ petrol ssd 65 GB

WIN7 32 bit.
    On a fiends computer has the same thing happening his specs:
    Mobo ASUS P8Z77-VLX
    Cpu Intel ivybridge I5 3570k
    8 GB ddr3 1866 Mhz ram
    Gpu ASUS Nvida 960 Ti

WIN7 64 bit SP1.

We swapped over gpus and still have the same problem.:confused:

That X2 5600 is actually holding you back more then anything atm, and your system being 32 bit as well, I have 8GBs of ram in my system and I have seen STO take upto 2GBs or more, with you only having 4GBs total that may also be where 1 issue is at. Since your system will need roughly 1GB to 1.4GB just for the OS its self not to mention other programs that run in the background.

I'm running STO on this system with little issue other then on the new Risa event area or in STFs an other PvEs with massive amounts of torps or cannon fire.

Phenom II X4 955BE @ 3.9GHz
    8GBs G.Skill Ares Cas 8 1600MHz
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    Seagate 750GB SATA HDD
    Win 7 Ult 64 Bit

With this system I am running pretty much everything maxed out minus AA and SSAO and shadow set to Med and thats about it lols, an I average 40+ fps at 1920x1080p :/.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aureleus wrote: »
    That X2 5600 is actually holding you back more then anything atm, and your system being 32 bit as well, I have 8GBs of ram in my system and I have seen STO take upto 2GBs or more, with you only having 4GBs total that may also be where 1 issue is at. Since your system will need roughly 1GB to 1.4GB just for the OS its self not to mention other programs that run in the background.

I'm running STO on this system with little issue other then on the new Risa event area or in STFs an other PvEs with massive amounts of torps or cannon fire.

Phenom II X4 955BE @ 3.9GHz
    8GBs G.Skill Ares Cas 8 1600MHz
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    Seagate 750GB SATA HDD
    Win 7 Ult 64 Bit

With this system I am running pretty much everything maxed out minus AA and SSAO and shadow set to Med and thats about it lols, an I average 40+ fps at 1920x1080p :/.

Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H/
    Tested a computer shop result 100%.
    Cpu AMD Athlon x2 5600+ 2.9 Ghz /
    Changed to Phenom 9500 2.2 Ghz.
    4 GB ddr2 800 Mhz ram/
    Changed to 8 GB ddr2 1066 Mhz.
    Gpu XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR 5/--Changed to Gigabyte 670.
    OCZ petrol ssd 65 GB/
    Changed to Culcil M4 ssd 12GB.
    WIN7 32 bit./
    Changed to WIN 7 64 bit.
    Plus new corsair cx 750 w and all new cables.
    Installed windows minium to run the pc, some windows updates, gpu drivers, chipset drivers, Gpu-z, Cpu-z and only STO. Still get the same problem but it drops down to 5 fps with 40% on the cpu and still 0% on gpu with the max ram at 2.5 GB. The game plays a lot smother than before. I had a look at all the other posts in this tread and a lot there systems are being maxed out while mine is under used as my frineds pcs, we also tried out a lot of other games and all our systems are maxed out with me now getting a I do not believe it but I get a average of 200 fps apart from three were it averages at 85 fps.

I think the problem we five are having it is software weather it is a update from win 7 or Sto which is conflicting.:confused:
  • Options
    derin125derin125 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im using my overly ultra bad laptop and i get about 30fps at everything low. I have noticed that when i looked at my vid options i saw that keeping the game loaded on ram was off by default when i turned it on i got no Fps lag for a
    while then it hit me hard and i got 5fps and i just
    quit the game. (srry for bad english)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    derin125 wrote: »
    Im using my overly ultra bad laptop and i get about 30fps at everything low. I have noticed that when i looked at my vid options i saw that keeping the game loaded on ram was off by default when i turned it on i got no Fps lag for a
    while then it hit me hard and i got 5fps and i just
    quit the game. (srry for bad english)

Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see what % the CPU and GPU are doing.
    Me and my friends are all having the same problem, when playing this game my CPU is hitting 40% GPU 0% when the FPS drop down to 5, It is not hardware but a software problem so far still have not found what it is yet very frustrating to find been at this for four months.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    stillcarp wrote: »
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H/
    Tested a computer shop result 100%.
    Cpu AMD Athlon x2 5600+ 2.9 Ghz /
    Changed to Phenom 9500 2.2 Ghz.
    4 GB ddr2 800 Mhz ram/
    Changed to 8 GB ddr2 1066 Mhz.
    Gpu XFX ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR 5/--Changed to Gigabyte 670.
    OCZ petrol ssd 65 GB/
    Changed to Culcil M4 ssd 12GB.
    WIN7 32 bit./
    Changed to WIN 7 64 bit.
    Plus new corsair cx 750 w and all new cables.
    Installed windows minium to run the pc, some windows updates, gpu drivers, chipset drivers, Gpu-z, Cpu-z and only STO. Still get the same problem but it drops down to 5 fps with 40% on the cpu and still 0% on gpu with the max ram at 2.5 GB. The game plays a lot smother than before. I had a look at all the other posts in this tread and a lot there systems are being maxed out while mine is under used as my frineds pcs, we also tried out a lot of other games and all our systems are maxed out with me now getting a I do not believe it but I get a average of 200 fps apart from three were it averages at 85 fps.

I think the problem we five are having it is software weather it is a update from win 7 or Sto which is conflicting.:confused:

Have you tried rolling back your video drivers ? Those alone can cause some really odd issues in games if there not built right etc.

Also tha Mobo may be part of the cause, as its still using the 780G chipset which also uses onboard video. *this can also be a cause of ingame issues if its not shut off in the Bios*.

As a Suggestion I'd look into getting a New Mobo + CPU + Ram. STO is pretty CPU heavy & GPU heavy, so having a strong CPU paired with a strong GPU is almost a must to get the best experience in STO.

Now I have no idea what your budget is but here are some Suggestions :P.

These 3 items below are my biggest concerns with your PC reguarding your FPS performance aside from Drivers, which I would look into 1st before replacing parts.

Mobo.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157358
    I picked this as a suggestion cause of features & Price vs others and I know they build quality products.

Ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231548
    I actually have a set of this an its great, fast, good Cas Latency, and reletively cheap, *was when I got it :/*

CPU.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113326
    Unless you want to spend extra on an 8 Core this is the next best option as it runs stock at 4.2GHz on 4 cores *Quad Core :)*, so there's Really no need to even OC this CPU, if anything I'd slap an aftermarket cooler on it just to keep it better cooled as I never use the Stock coolers with any CPUs I buy lols.

And if you want a 8 Core version.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284
    This is a good CPU and its great at multitacking etc etc but atm I do not know too many games that actually use more then 4 cores at any given time. however this CPU would be useful if you like taking video's as you play a game etc or do alot of work encoding video's or other applications like Adobe or even 3D editing etc.
  • Options
    sinsofanempiresinsofanempire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This might be an issue with the new UI.
    In STO, UI rendering is strangely dealt with by the CPU, causing a massive performance hit.
    I have a Core i7 870 and GTX 560Ti. With everything set to max, I get a semi-choppy 40FPS which drops to below 30 during combat. If I turn the UI off, I easily get 70FPS and drops to 50-60FPS in large zones.

President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This might be an issue with the new UI.
    In STO, UI rendering is strangely dealt with by the CPU, causing a massive performance hit.
    I have a Core i7 870 and GTX 560Ti. With everything set to max, I get a semi-choppy 40FPS which drops to below 30 during combat. If I turn the UI off, I easily get 70FPS and drops to 50-60FPS in large zones.

A dev once said indeed the whole UI is scripted and for EVERY frame on your screen the whole script has to be recalculatd by the CPU.

I have a i7 3770k and same problems here. Its unacceptable imo. Either optimize this or let it run on a 3rd cpu thread for quad core users.

Neverwinter experiences the same problem as they use the same game engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A dev once said indeed the whole UI is scripted and for EVERY frame on your screen the whole script has to be recalculatd by the CPU.

I have a i7 3770k and same problems here. Its unacceptable imo. Either optimize this or let it run on a 3rd cpu thread for quad core users.

Neverwinter experiences the same problem as they use the same game engine.

I totally agree, they need to change/optmize the UI in a way where it Doesn't hit performance so much, and I have sat in Sol system at 1080p with nearly maxed settings an will get between 30-38 FPS just sitting there, But the second I disable the UI its an instant 60+ FPS, so they seriouslly need to do something about it.

If this was changed for the better I'd bet Plasma torps wouldn't hit our FPS as hard anymore when doing the Mirror Events lols or Crystaline lolz.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys weren't kidding. I tried turning off the UI for a little while and everything was smooth as silk. I was quite surprised. Turned it back on and the FPS dropped again. I find myself wanting to play without the UI now lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    pwn3erpwn3er Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here with (alt+f12) no ui i am at 65fps. With ui on average 6-12fps. Its crazy.
  • Options
    diplom4tdiplom4t Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same, UI off, runs sooo faster, smooth, so now when i do stfs, i play without hud during battles and switch HUD on outta mission like at auction house, ect.

you can still click and target and fire without hud, its hard, but the 'no lag' is worth it..

plz sto devs.. old ui never lagged the game so much :(
    keep the look of this ui, just make it run better plzzz :D
  • Options
    sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting! The old UI lagged me to hell and this new UI doesn't. I was pleasantly surprised after I returned from not playing for 8+ months about that.

AMD Phenom2 X4 820 & a GTX 470.

But my sound still pops and clicks..
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    jedtedjedted Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I keep banging my head against the wall trying to smooth out my framerate but it still lags even on Low settings.

My Rig:
    Athlon II X4 620 2.6ghz
    Geforce GT 545
    12gb RAM

I'm able to run most current game on medium settings with no FPS drops so it's really frustrating that STO runs so poorly.
  • Options
    piske1piske1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why there is no response from the DEV's regarding the performance of the Game????
    I have an high end gaming rig (i7-3970X with and GeForce GTX 780) and i am Playing on 1920x1080 on recommended quality setting. On maps like the big starbase defense the fps drop to about 5 fps.
    Cryptic that is a not acceptable performance.
    My CPU is only loaded up to 20-30% max. Why is the FPS so low?
    Something is definitively wrong with your code.
    I play many games and also never titles with max details and max resolution with no performace problems at all so it is not a problem with my rig.
    Slowly i am getting really angry at STO. Also u bring annoying updates like some new icon designs ignoring some really annoying UI bugs that exist from the beginning of the game like messed up skill bars through switching ships to mention one.
    Cryptic, start fixing bugs and optimize the engine before u bring more new content.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Been playing on and off for almost 2 years always the 3 same normal mode STFs, Infected, Cure and Khitomer. At first i just thought it was the build and ship i was using which causes a lot of scrolling combat text. Almost all settings are all the way up, 1920x1080 resolution i think, shadows are turned off. The Kar'Fi i was using was heavy in torpedoes something i had never done before and one torp launcher is the transphasic mine launcher. When you launch it at a group of ships clustered with a gravity well you are gonna get a lot of scrolling text. Some of my own torps are even launching invisible or transparent (torpedo spread + quantums).

I dont know if its related but when i turned off autofire on my transphasic launcher to try and manually fire it, i would have to mouse click it multiple times. I have a Hargh'Peng, TCB launcher, and a Quantum all set on autofire. The only thing on a short timer is the quantum but i'm pretty sure i've had this issue even when the quantum still had a few seconds on CD and the others were on long CD as well. I only mention this since people have mentioned issues with the UI and lag, so maybe its related somehow.

ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77
    MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit
    Team Vulcan 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Quad-Core
    SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-240G-G25 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same thing here - UI windows kill performance

I recently bought a gtx 770 just for sto and it basically did nothing to my performance from the previous gtx 470^^

I know why i dont like scripted stuff - not only is it usualy slow by design it also means everyone using the script needs to really know what they are doing. I assume its all in the new LoR UI - maybe they better have stayed with the old one

On a side note i miss the old char selection. The new one still bugs and has no warm trek feel to it. Now its clean and cold and boring.
  • Options
    tehneocattehneocat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My issue is slightly different but it still falls under a freamrerate issue.

Every 2 or so secconds (sometimes more) the framerate drops to 0 and i get a half a second to 2 seconds of what amounts to a slide show presentation.

Ive had quite an extensive ticket open with support to fix this issue and between them asking for Information i already provided, being told to do things things I already told them i tried. And having responses copy pasted and being told that its nothing they can fix im about fed up with cryptic.

I've linked this thread and others in my tickets stating its a major issue many people are having and still have. All we can do is hope and pray they get off their lazy asses and do something.

TLDR of my system specs:
    3.4Ghz quad core AMD Phenom II CPU
    16 gigs memory
    Geforce 560 Gfx card
    Win 7 64 bit home premium
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bump

After all this time, it will be nice have 1 dev around here..
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
This discussion has been closed.