test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its time that Cryptic/Pwe showed us they appreciate us.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
From what I have been reading,theres many members who have become very fed up with cryptic.There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
All we seem to get is clapped out servers and thankyou for your patience.
Cryptic seems to be insulting our patience and intelligence.
If they want to keep the player base and money coming in,its about time many changes were made to this game,changes that are in players favour as well.
Yes I know its meant to be a free game,but considering many do pay in,its time we were given some free loyalty rewards and bonuses,for putting up with these outages.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really only have 2 choices:
    Wait like the rest of us, or
    Quit!
    See how simple?
    For every person that quits playing I'll bet there's at least 2 downloading the game.
  • Options
    istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Entitled much?

ARR ARR ARR! I R IMPORTANT CUSTOMAR! I SPENT MONAY! THIS MAKES ME AM BE IMPORTANTS! MASSAGE MY FEETS! ANOINT MY LOINS WITH FINEST FRAGRANT OILS!

I wonder if you act this way in stores. Nah, of course you don't, because people would hit you. Besides, aren't there craploads of rewards for veterans, subs and lifers?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see a faster website!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get back under your rock chaz200565, Like me, you have a choice if you hand over cash.... I can understand from a subscribers point of view but all they should get is the lost time added to the subscription IMO.

You are entitled to nothing and if I was Cryptic and I chose to give everyone a gift to say sorry, I would make sure you are the only one to not get it! Now get over yourself, the world or this game does not revolve around you! /rant off
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    joebobjimstevejoebobjimsteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    From what I have been reading,theres many members who have become very fed up with cryptic.There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
    If they want to keep the player base and money coming in,its about time many changes were made to this game,changes that are in players favour as well.
    Yes I know its meant to be a free game,but considering many do pay in,its time we were given some free loyalty rewards and bonuses,for putting up with these outages.

Once you come to the realization that companies only view their customers are walking ATM machines, the easier life will be for you....

Welcome to what it's like to play the KDF side of this game in regards to being ignored.....
  • Options
    joebobjimstevejoebobjimsteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Once you come to the realization that companies only view their customers as walking ATM machines, the easier life will be for you....

Welcome to what it's like to play the KDF side of this game in regards to being ignored.....
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm guys?? Lets be real ok.. PWEis not going to show any appreciation for their customers. In China, the people exist to serve not the other way around. It is expected of us to take whatever they dish out, and simply say tank you. This has been the foundation of Chinese society for a couple thousand years, and it isnt going to change. Complicating this is the fact that China is a communist nation, a nation which only a few years ago unleashed its military on a group of unarmed civilians for nothing more than their protestations for having the right to a say in how their country is run ( Tienanmen square ). They are not going to listen to us, and they are not going to change. We can expect nothing from PWE except more of the same..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what Cryptic could do to show that they appreciate us??

They could release a major expansion to the game that includes a new playable faction, dozens of ships, a new adventure zone and lots of other content!

...oh wait.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »

They could release a major expansion to the game that includes a new playable faction, dozens of ships, a new adventure zone and lots of other content!

...oh wait.

Pfff, whatever man. Like that's ever going to happen.

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Umm guys?? Lets be real ok.. PWEis not going to show any appreciation for their customers. In China, the people exist to serve not the other way around. It is expected of us to take whatever they dish out, and simply say tank you. This has been the foundation of Chinese society for a couple thousand years, and it isnt going to change. Complicating this is the fact that China is a communist nation, a nation which only a few years ago unleashed its military on a group of unarmed civilians for nothing more than their protestations for having the right to a say in how their country is run ( Tienanmen square ). They are not going to listen to us, and they are not going to change. We can expect nothing from PWE except more of the same..

There is so much wrong with this
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come on now folks ...this is a great idea!

I'll take 10 free keys thank you :P

lol
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get back under your rock chaz200565, Like me, you have a choice if you hand over cash.... I can understand from a subscribers point of view but all they should get is the lost time added to the subscription IMO.

You are entitled to nothing and if I was Cryptic and I chose to give everyone a gift to say sorry, I would make sure you are the only one to not get it! Now get over yourself, the world or this game does not revolve around you! /rant off

I know the world does not revolve around me,ussdelphin2.
    I suggest you re-read what I said,and open your eyes on the whole forum,as to what people think. once you have done that,you can go back to your own bubble world.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »

I dont agree with the constant demands for "compensation" but ... the stuff you mention there was only done because PWE/Cryptic thinks it bring more wallets to the game. They may like you, but they dont like you so much that they sit around throwing money at developers and artists for your amusement, they do it because they think they will make money from it. Citing it as compensation is just as silly as asking for renumeration for downtime, they will fix that when they feel it is impacting their bottom line, no sooner.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont agree with the constant demands for "compensation" but ... the stuff you mention there was only done because PWE/Cryptic thinks it bring more wallets to the game. They may like you, but they dont like you so much that they sit around throwing money at developers and artists for your amusement, they do it because they think they will make money from it. Citing it as compensation is just as silly as asking for renumeration for downtime, they will fix that when they feel it is impacting their bottom line, no sooner.

That's capitalism for you: lots of win-wins!
  • Options
    asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's time for McDonalds to show us how much they appreciate the fact we need a quick meal every now and again.

It's time for the water companies to show us how much they appreciate the fact we drink their water.

Time for the BBC to give free tickets to the Doctor Who fans to watch the Doctor Who proms.

In case you didn't notice this was sarcasm.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Entitled much?

ARR ARR ARR! I R IMPORTANT CUSTOMAR! I SPENT MONAY! THIS MAKES ME AM BE IMPORTANTS! MASSAGE MY FEETS! ANOINT MY LOINS WITH FINEST FRAGRANT OILS!

I wonder if you act this way in stores. Nah, of course you don't, because people would hit you. Besides, aren't there craploads of rewards for veterans, subs and lifers?

......sooooo.....people who do pony up money....don't...get....a say?.....

Am I reading some of these replies correctly?.......maybe it's just me........but if my company botches a job or delays things we get worked over by the customer or they take their dollars elsewhere..........

....I see people correct companies in stores all the time...i.e. the starbucks coffee jockey messes up the order one time....nobody suffers that!!!! And no fists are thrown either 'cause if you did punch out a customer you are out of a job........

.........Buuuutttt I don't see Cryptic doing anything either..........
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you re-read what I said,and open your eyes on the whole forum,as to what people think. once you have done that,you can go back to your own bubble world.

Actually, I would recommend you learn that people are more apt to complain than they are to praise, and that in general (industry wide) forums are not considered a true indication of the quality of the game. It has been shown, consistently, that only a very small % of users utilize the forums... and the only time that goes up, is when the game is down.

Personally, I enjoy the game... very much so... I don't feel I am owed a single red cent/euro/drachma. I have been playing this game for quite a long time, subscribed, then went lifer. And yet, for no additional cost past my life time subscription (which by the way has now payed for itself several times over) has ever been required from me... I believe I have gotten far more than my monies worth out of my LTS.

Yes, stability needs improved... and potentially expanding on the server farm... which... takes .... money... to wit, i will continue to support the game with my time and money...

This type of post (speaking of OP) has been around for 3 freaking years... as have the "Do this or I quit", "I'll cancel my subscription", "I'm going to go play <insert game here>", "How dare you have downtime... give me <insert x here>". And yet, the game is still here... the forum is still here, and the players posting all of these types of posts (for the most part) are still here.

But, you prove them wrong... power to the people and all that... rally the troops and stage a Boycott STO day... week... month... year... see ya when ya get back.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Oh I have read your post, I have read other posts when you have demanded free stuff, It is you that is in the bubble world.

Yes I am not happy with the down times but what can I do? Should I start demanding free stuff? No, I get to play this game for free just like you do, if I am not happy with the game I could leave.... but I choose not to.... just like you.

PWE are showing appreciation to you, you got a free expansion and despite the down times, the game is still live.

Open your eyes, YOU are in the minority here when it comes to demanding free stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I would recommend you learn that people are more apt to complain than they are to praise, and that in general (industry wide) forums are not considered a true indication of the quality of the game. It has been shown, consistently, that only a very small % of users utilize the forums... and the only time that goes up, is when the game is down.

Personally, I enjoy the game... very much so... I don't feel I am owed a single red cent/euro/drachma. I have been playing this game for quite a long time, subscribed, then went lifer. And yet, for no additional cost past my life time subscription (which by the way has now payed for itself several times over) has ever been required from me... I believe I have gotten far more than my monies worth out of my LTS.

Yes, stability needs improved... and potentially expanding on the server farm... which... takes .... money... to wit, i will continue to support the game with my time and money...

This type of post (speaking of OP) has been around for 3 freaking years... as have the "Do this or I quit", "I'll cancel my subscription", "I'm going to go play <insert game here>", "How dare you have downtime... give me <insert x here>". And yet, the game is still here... the forum is still here, and the players posting all of these types of posts (for the most part) are still here.

But, you prove them wrong... power to the people and all that... rally the troops and stage a Boycott STO day... week... month... year... see ya when ya get back.

Well said, I could not have put it better myself (as you can see).
  • Options
    grimus99grimus99 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Cryptic I trust. :) Have they really steered us wrong. Sure they have some trips and falls but what developer hasn't. Be patient and enjoy the new content. As always Guys and Gals at Cryptic, thanks for all your hard work.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yipee, another one .:D
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »

Am I reading some of these replies correctly?.......maybe it's just me........but if my company botches a job or delays things we get worked over by the customer or they take their dollars elsewhere..........

....I see people correct companies in stores all the time...i.e. the starbucks coffee jockey messes up the order one time....nobody suffers that!!!! And no fists are thrown either 'cause if you did punch out a customer you are out of a job........

You do have a say... to a point.

Lets take your Starbucks example... you have seen people acting the fool, and publically calling someone out for making a one time mistake on an order... and you think that is... OK?

What has this world come to... its either perfect or TRIBBLE... if its not perfect then that gives me an excuse to act in whatever manner I see fit... Through a temper tantrum... demand compensation well above what I have actually lost... What the heck... lets sue em... Emotional Distress pays well.

The more appropriate reaction is, taking your business elsewhere.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »

/agree and I did so. For a long time I have been a bit disgruntled with STO and it's direction. Toon progression out of the C-Store only, the rising cost of......, uh....., everything, 50.00 ships, 125.00 "expansion" packs, etc etc etc.

So I tried another "free" game, up to level 200 anyway, Anarchy Online. 10 year old game with 10 year old combat and graphics. But the gameplay, the complexity, the choices, the only "fluff" in their store, etc etc etc. I went on the free account for about 2 weeks, bought the expansions for 19 bucks, and subbed for a year at 7.95 per/mo.

With all the "freemium" high-dollar store themeparks out there now, I had forgotten there were games out there like this.

This is the best thing you can do to "protest" a company you believe is not dealing in an upright fashion. Take your money elsewhere. Posting "hate" on a forum isn't really going to get anyone, anywhere. Trust me, I lived thru the NGE.
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am more than happy in this game and the communication from the Team here is awesome. For me they really do show that care about the game and its players. when I started playing I was doing the F2P thing but as I got more involved and saw more of the game and its systems I realized I am going to be spending a lot of time here and wanted to support it buy purchasing the LTS.

I have since then started reading on the forums to find out about different aspects the gameplay and to my surprise there is a lot if info here and a good community(which is not always the case in MMO forums). Another thing I noticed is how active the CM is in communicating with the player base, a big plus for me.

The game itself has many systems that I absolutely find to be something I can enjoy for a long time. For example, I lost my first duty officer last night due to sending him on a mission I prolly shouldn't have sent him on and the rest of the team is in the med bay:( For me its the lil things like this which makes my experience even better, next time i'll be a better Capt. and not jeopardize my crews safety.

The game seems very big plenty of places to explore and experience, they give subs monthly rewards and Vet rewards as well are showing an effort to improve gameplay from both server side and player gameplay. Yeah I know i'm starting to go on a bit but from perspective they do care about the player base because we help to make the experience and they definitely show gratitude to the players for it.

Thank you Cryptic/PWE for a fun game, that I will get much entertainment out of.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's time for McDonalds to show us how much they appreciate the fact we need a quick meal every now and again.

It's time for the water companies to show us how much they appreciate the fact we drink their water.

Time for the BBC to give free tickets to the Doctor Who fans to watch the Doctor Who proms.

In case you didn't notice this was sarcasm.

If you find something significantly wrong with your order, up to and including a severed finger in your burger, you can bet that at least the manager on duty, or depending on the publicity, the corporation itself, is going to bend over backward to make amends for it.

In some places the water utilities are obligated by law to compensate you for significant outages or disruptions.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damn, a post where AssimilatedKtar could be right on accident.

All Cryptic has to do, to show they appreciate me, is correct bugs, maintain server stability, and provide me entertainment. If they stop doing these things, if they can't do these things, if their development cycle falls behind the speed at which I consume content, or if I just find some new shiny to consume my time, then I will simply take a few months off from the game and come back when I get the urge.

And really, it's a F2P game. Nobody is being kept here. If you don't like the bugs, take a couple of months off, LoR will be just as awesome in July AND the bugs will be fixed.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    If you find something significantly wrong with your order, up to and including a severed finger in your burger, you can bet that at least the manager on duty, or depending on the publicity, the corporation itself, is going to bend over backward to make amends for it.

If McDonalds shut down their store for two hours every other day to clean their deep fryers.... people would probably just be happy to know that they'll be cooking with new grease.

McDonalds is a terrible comparison to an MMO.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vote with your valet... If you are dissatisfied, don't pay.

If people agree with your standpoint, and there are enough of you, it will force them to change direction (or shut the game down, but I find that unlikely).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas