test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its time that Cryptic/Pwe showed us they appreciate us.

13»

Comments

• Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyias1 wrote: »
    If you put as much money as you claim OP:

Thank you for my Romulan faction I have been waiting for it for YEARS!

From the time they did that poll of next playable faction, we had Zink, then Stahl, then the waste, then Stahl back in the EP seat.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    lordzakathlordzakath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    From what I have been reading,theres many members who have become very fed up with cryptic.There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
    All we seem to get is clapped out servers and thankyou for your patience.
    Cryptic seems to be insulting our patience and intelligence.
    If they want to keep the player base and money coming in,its about time many changes were made to this game,changes that are in players favour as well.
    Yes I know its meant to be a free game,but considering many do pay in,its time we were given some free loyalty rewards and bonuses,for putting up with these outages.

If you think that a few hours of downtime is bad, think about what the community that used to play City of Heroes is going through. It's been 6 months, and counting, that they have been unable to play their game.

You might want to get some perspective here.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordzakath wrote: »
    If you think that a few hours of downtime is bad, think about what the community that used to play City of Heroes is going through. It's been 6 months, and counting, that they have been unable to play their game.

You might want to get some perspective here.
    There's a difference between shutting down a server for maintenance and shutting down a server and selling it as scrap :P But yeah, I get what you mean :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time :D I think I might just make it my sig:cool:

I did not notice that part till you quoted it ..... Priceless :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
    That's your own fault, sucker.

You really thought they'd care?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,437 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little appreciation for our endurance and patience would be nice, but posts like this saying "we're entitled because we poured money into the game" rubs me the wrong way.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And if you notice ladies and gentlemen. PWE/Cryptic has not made one response on this thread.

Congratulations nothing was accomplished.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,417 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time :D I think I might just make it my sig:cool:
    I'm going to steal the entire capitalized portion. It applies over on CO's forums, too. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They gave us a whole gosh-darn expansion.

Seriously, folks, if you're not having fun than stop playing. Take a break and come back later.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They put up another free wallpaper for you OP, Happy now?
  • Options
    haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    you Know What Cryptic Could Do To Show That They Appreciate Us??

They Could Release A Major Expansion To The Game That Includes A New Playable Faction, Dozens Of Ships, A New Adventure Zone And Lots Of Other Content!

...oh Wait.

That Works!!!
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Umm guys?? Lets be real ok.. PWEis not going to show any appreciation for their customers. In China, the people exist to serve not the other way around. It is expected of us to take whatever they dish out, and simply say tank you. This has been the foundation of Chinese society for a couple thousand years, and it isnt going to change. Complicating this is the fact that China is a communist nation, a nation which only a few years ago unleashed its military on a group of unarmed civilians for nothing more than their protestations for having the right to a say in how their country is run ( Tienanmen square ). They are not going to listen to us, and they are not going to change. We can expect nothing from PWE except more of the same..

Exactly!! Very, very much true. I am enjoying the game. Appreciate the game, BUT I am sick of bugs that are 3 yrs old. I am REALLY sick oh TRIBBLE kissing arsehats. Here is some kleenix for you. Is the game going away? No, they are making huge money. (read the wallstreet post on their stock returns) Sigh.
    And I'm old, not dead.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see a lot of people that think Cryptic doesn't owe us anything and we should be grateful they even allow us to log into the game. Frankly, I find this very sad.

We don't owe Cryptic anything, they want us to play their game. As long as Cryptic want people to play their game, those people have a right to gripe about what they feel are issues important to them. This is a necessary part of the process because if people didn't complain and just disappeared (like some would suggest they do), nobody would ever know what was wrong with the game and why it lost players. This is important to the game actually staying alive, whether you like it or not. Covering your ears and telling complainers to go away doesn't solve anything except to cleanse your little bubble of happiness where everything's okay. Also, I hate to break it to some people, but just because the game is free* doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticize it.

The fact remains that since LoR this game has had nearly daily "Emergency Maintenance", which frankly I can't ever recall happening in an mmo launch.

The OP is certainly well within rights to suggest he's tired of the constant downtimes with nothing more than "Thank you for your support" written at the top of the forums.

Agreed. ;)
    And I'm old, not dead.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    I really wish they would they fix some of the bugs. But at least we are able to play and the severs are working better. Let's give me another 1-2 weeks before raging too hard.

And yes I raged the 2nd day too when queues were 20K long ... :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know it's really nice to see forum members blow an obvious troll out of the water, when this game first launched it was full of this type, sorta like the Neverwinter forums currently.

One day hopefully those forums will evolve like these have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let me clarify some things I post. PWE is not going to do anything, they honestly don't care. If it is not making them money, they could care less. That is a irrefutable fact. I do not blame Cryptic for the majority of the problems. PWE holds the money purse and the last say so on what does and does not get done. I do appreciate the expansion. I am actually having fun. I also hate the bugs, crashing, and downtimes. Do I have the right to complain? Of course I do, everyone does. Don't like it? I don't care. I send in bug reports. I file ingame tickets and I come here to complain with like minded people. I also come here to praise when praise is due. Honestly, my biggest gripe right now is broken mail. Same bug as 3 yrs ago. Since it has its own server it should not even be affected by the game code at all. The fact that it is, tells me something is coded very very wrong. I will wait for them to fix it because I still enjoying playing the game. It just pisses me off. Sigh.

:rolleyes:
    And I'm old, not dead.
  • Options
    v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had my say with simply cancelling my gold subscription. I've also stopped pumping money into the game to buy dilithium, instead im just gonna grind for it.

I'll gladly resubscribe when Cryptic can show me they are ontop of all the bugs.
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, a lot of times Cryptic is only in it for the mpney and doesn't give too scoots about the players/fans/customers, this has been stated many times and is very evident in Champions online. Even STO is slowly heading down that slope now. While there are a lot of things Cryptic does on a regular basis that i don't agree with or like, they're not going to change what they do or how until it effects their money flow, and even then they're going to take the least expensive easiest route possible regardless of what the forums say.

Do we like it? no.

Is that the way it is? yes.
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, if people want compensation,i think demanding it screws the change to get it, if you just wait and dont yell to much, they may do it because they want to give it, demanding stuff never helped someone.

beside's that, i must say keeping customers happy generate's money also.

if f2p people are upset,but get the same compenstation for the downtime as everyone else, there faith maybe restored,if cryptic give's a free gooddie once in a while, people start talking, did you hear about sto? no why? well they servers where down and everyone got a free gooddie, oow welli may check it out cause the company seems to care..

stuff like that generate profit,you may have to invest 300$ for the goodie as a company, but you may gain 3 new lifers 5 f2pers who buy zen once in a while...its called longterm profit.....
  • Options
    malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I have been reading,theres many members who have become very fed up with cryptic.There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
    All we seem to get is clapped out servers and thankyou for your patience.
    Cryptic seems to be insulting our patience and intelligence.
    If they want to keep the player base and money coming in,its about time many changes were made to this game,changes that are in players favour as well.
    Yes I know its meant to be a free game,but considering many do pay in,its time we were given some free loyalty rewards and bonuses,for putting up with these outages.

Frankly I'm hoping you quit.

One less self-entitled whiner cluttering the forums with useless dribble. Cryptic doesn't owe us a damn thing. They operate a business. The offer a service. The day too few people are willing to support said business, they will go away. If you're unhappy, withhold your support.

Till then there will be those happy, those pissed, and all variations in between.

Your original post accomplishes nothing except to embarrass yourself. I'd have far more interest in your issue had you provided some ideas into how Cryptic should show you some love (beyond what they just released).

Sounds to me you simply want more free stuff. (Who doesnt?) What free stuff do you feel you've so earned with all your supposed RL cash support?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic has and I am grateful.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you think you deserve something?
    '
    try having played pvp for the last 3 years.

then you'll think yoiu deserve something. pvp has had nothing added to it since the first 6 months of the game.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well being a Lifetime sub free things are nice now and again telling them to give them is another thing. Sure I am pissed by the disconnects and doff's not ending up in my bag and a lot of other things.
    I do love STO and have since day one years ago, and have been here and seen a game go up and down. Sure they need to fix things but there are things from day 1 that still have not got fixed they just added new stuff to cover the old stuff.
    Sooner or later they Cryptic/PW will get the clue to fix things of course might take them another few years to do it but hey you know how these F2P game go... they want MONEY not fixes.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john53a wrote: »
    Well being a Lifetime sub free things are nice now and again telling them to give them is another thing. Sure I am pissed by the disconnects and doff's not ending up in my bag and a lot of other things.
    I do love STO and have since day one years ago, and have been here and seen a game go up and down. Sure they need to fix things but there are things from day 1 that still have not got fixed they just added new stuff to cover the old stuff.
    Sooner or later they Cryptic/PW will get the clue to fix things of course might take them another few years to do it but hey you know how these F2P game go... they want MONEY not fixes.

The irony is if they want to continue to make money then they need to fix things? I am confused by this.