test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its time that Cryptic/Pwe showed us they appreciate us.

Comments

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ANOINT MY LOINS WITH FINEST FRAGRANT OILS!

There's a little place in north east Seoul... but perhaps I've said too much.
    <3
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do have a say... to a point.

Lets take your Starbucks example... you have seen people acting the fool, and publically calling someone out for making a one time mistake on an order... and you think that is... OK?

What has this world come to... its either perfect or TRIBBLE... if its not perfect then that gives me an excuse to act in whatever manner I see fit... Through a temper tantrum... demand compensation well above what I have actually lost... What the heck... lets sue em... Emotional Distress pays well.

The more appropriate reaction is, taking your business elsewhere.

....I am thankful that two of you(johnny111971 and esquire1980) understood my point without flying off the handle:D......

...Nah the jerkwaad in starbucks deserves the punch.....do I think its ok?....Hell No....but as you said it's a TRIBBLE world......however, you get what you put up with and the end result is before us......
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jermbot wrote: »
    If McDonalds shut down their store for two hours every other day to clean their deep fryers.... people would probably just be happy to know that they'll be cooking with new grease.

McDonalds is a terrible comparison to an MMO.

Just responding to the one who made the sarcastic comparison as support for a claim that people shouldn't expect any sort of compensation for bad service under any circumstances. And as far as what you said, unless things have changed in the decade and a half since I worked there, it takes all of five minutes to drain the fryer and fill it with new oil.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pfft! If the content in that new "expansion" was so great they'd have cared enough to charge for it like SWTOR charged for it's new expansion. :P
    You forget, add a Xmas event on cash shop only, and add the possibility to buy MKXII console and weapons from Cstore. Like in SWTOR.
    That's a way to show your fanbase how much you love them. Particularly their wallet. Well, mostly the wallet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess doing emergency maintenance almost every day during the long US holiday weekend, to include the holiday itself, in order to provide for a better login experience, wasn't enough appreciation :P A lot of players complaining about waiting in queues, or not being able to login at all? Cryptic/PWE are damned if they do, damned if they don't, I suppose :rolleyes:

Anyhow:
    anazonda wrote: »
    Vote with your valet... If you are dissatisfied, don't pay.

If people agree with your standpoint, and there are enough of you, it will force them to change direction (or shut the game down, but I find that unlikely).
    Circle gets the square. Or if you don't like the queues, Go Gold or Go Home. At least a sub will get one through the queue faster.

Also, you're not entitled to anything for the outages. Would something be nice? Perhaps. Bet demanding something.... well, it's worth a chuckle I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    awww come on guys, give cryptic a break. they're trying their veerrrry bestest to bring quality entertainment to the masses. You can't expect them to write software, then be expected to test it and then fix it. That's just being flat out unreasonable. They deserve one of them gold star sticker things!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So your saying if people don't like Cryptic's service they should refuse to park their cars? :confused:

Yes....

See... not so confusing.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It all makes sense now... Chinese-made products usually break after a few months. Just saying.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at least you guys got to play game i cant even log on lol it bin 5 days now pissing me off
    """"" too meany attempts try again later"""
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sonoframon wrote: »
    It all makes sense now... Chinese-made products usually break after a few months. Just saying.

Considering most consumer goods are currently made in China, it's no wonder everything a person owns hasn't broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,291 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a bit of a myth that Chinese goods are 'junk'. It used to be said of Japanese goods too (because it was true) but they quickly became the best electronic manufacturers in the world.

China used to export a lot of shoddy goods, but I don't think its true any longer for the majority of items. Some very big names have all their products made in China now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and there still junk
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Circle gets the square. Or if you don't like the queues, Go Gold or Go Home.

Best Wiki Post ... EVER

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and there still junk

Well, thank you for the fascinating rebuttal.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Considering most consumer goods are currently made in China, it's no wonder everything a person owns hasn't broken.

It hasn't completely broken because the American aspect of this saga seems to have some sort of intelligence. But given that our Chinese overlords insist that this be a way to "punish" everyone else for not appreciating failure-prone products... then indeed we should all be grateful it isn't. In an unrelated statement... I so wanna take a drive down to my friendly attorney's office and discuss business :D
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Best Wiki Post ... EVER

you have to be a total loser to put money in a game that don't work lmfao
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Its a bit of a myth that Chinese goods are 'junk'. It used to be said of Japanese goods too (because it was true) but they quickly became the best electronic manufacturers in the world.

China used to export a lot of shoddy goods, but I don't think its true any longer for the majority of items. Some very big names have all their products made in China now.

Not exactly. Let's use Walmart, which is well known for outsourcing most of their products to China for the sake of saving us money... by using child labor (even though publicly they will vehemently deny this to the end). They have awesome sales around the holidays, you know, the infamous $30 DVD player, or the $300 42" LCD. It might be a good deal, but an intrepid consumer can easily backtrace where an item was manufactured. and 7 times out of ten, it's in China, or really, anywhere in southeast Asia. And trust me, theoir manufacturing methods aren't like Samsung or LG. These are like rudimentary in comparison. That building in Bangladesh that collapsed, killing 1,100+ workers? They were making cheap products destined for Walmart aisles, and numerous other retailers in America.. All that death for a few cents of savings. So, please tell me again how Chinese/southeast Asian products no longer are of shoddy quality....

• Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys face it. PWE DOESN'T care. They are an overseas company and all they do is do what they can to make money off of you. You keep paying it. So why should they do anything?

You can complain, moan, stop playing it doesn't matter. They will always not care. I am so sick of the lockboxes getting shoved down our throats. There is NO REASON they need to be in the loot table. They are dirt cheap on the DIL store.

Amazing how everything else is super expensive on the DIL store, but the boxes are only 200 for TWENTY.

So no matter how much you complain, PWE doesn't give two craps.

They are a business and they will continue to make money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guys face it. PWE DOESN'T care. They are an overseas company and all they do is do what they can to make money off of you. You keep paying it. So why should they do anything?

You can complain, moan, stop playing it doesn't matter. They will always not care. I am so sick of the lockboxes getting shoved down our throats. There is NO REASON they need to be in the loot table. They are dirt cheap on the DIL store.

Amazing how everything else is super expensive on the DIL store, but the boxes are only 200 for TWENTY.

So no matter how much you complain, PWE doesn't give two craps.

They are a business and they will continue to make money.

you have to be a total loser to put money in a game that don't work lmfao
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    From what I have been reading,theres many members who have become very fed up with cryptic.There are many like myself that have pumped a lot of real money into this game.
    All we seem to get is clapped out servers and thankyou for your patience.
    Cryptic seems to be insulting our patience and intelligence.
    If they want to keep the player base and money coming in,its about time many changes were made to this game,changes that are in players favour as well.
    Yes I know its meant to be a free game,but considering many do pay in,its time we were given some free loyalty rewards and bonuses,for putting up with these outages.

Sorry Guy,

But if there were to be any type of compensation for all of the current downtime, I'd imagine that it would only be paid out to current Gold members and LTS.

If STO was still a solely subscription based MMO I'd be on these forums demanding something in return for all of the down time but sadly that is not the case.

Going F2P is like having a permanent get out of complaints about the massive and frequent server downtime free card.

As a Lifer since open Beta and now some Romulan word that I can't pronounce I say it is what it is and you can either take it or leave it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sonoframon wrote: »
    All that death for a few cents of savings. So, please tell me again how Chinese/southeast Asian products no longer are of shoddy quality....

Oh don't get me wrong, I know that alot of stuff is junk and/or made off the backs of cheap labor (which is disgusting I agree) but I was referring to the ongoing practice of China 'hoovering up' western companies. It has a massive amount of buying power at the moment and I don't think it will be long before 'made in china' is no longer a joke.

Clicky
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Sorry Guy,

But if there were to be any type of compensation for all of the current downtime, I'd imagine that it would only be paid out to current Gold members and LTS.

If STO was still a solely subscription based MMO I'd be on these forums demanding something in return for all of the down time but sadly that is not the case.

Going F2P is like having a permanent get out of complaints about the massive and frequent server downtime free card.

As a Lifer since open Beta and now some Romulan word that I can't pronounce I say it is what it is and you can either take it or leave it.

That's not the point man they are making BANK with the ZEN store. Easily. They go cheap on their servers too. It's obvious. No server needs a restart and maintenance every single day. IT's like they are running their database on MYSQL.

Believe me man, people are paying plenty of money for this game. One way or another you DO eventually have to pay for something.
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see a lot of people that think Cryptic doesn't owe us anything and we should be grateful they even allow us to log into the game. Frankly, I find this very sad.

We don't owe Cryptic anything, they want us to play their game. As long as Cryptic want people to play their game, those people have a right to gripe about what they feel are issues important to them. This is a necessary part of the process because if people didn't complain and just disappeared (like some would suggest they do), nobody would ever know what was wrong with the game and why it lost players. This is important to the game actually staying alive, whether you like it or not. Covering your ears and telling complainers to go away doesn't solve anything except to cleanse your little bubble of happiness where everything's okay. Also, I hate to break it to some people, but just because the game is free* doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticize it.

The fact remains that since LoR this game has had nearly daily "Emergency Maintenance", which frankly I can't ever recall happening in an mmo launch.

The OP is certainly well within rights to suggest he's tired of the constant downtimes with nothing more than "Thank you for your support" written at the top of the forums.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Sorry Guy,

Excuse me to burst your bubble. I am a f2p, but transfer each month an amount of about 40 Euros towards my account to obtain Zen. How about those people that are doing the same as I ??? Don't they have any rights at all ???
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Excuse me to burst your bubble. I am a f2p, but transfer each month an amount of about 40 Euros towards my account to obtain Zen. How about those people that are doing the same as I ??? Don't they have any rights at all ???

No, none of us have any rights. Not the silvers, not the golds, not the lifetimers. Nowt.

But if there is any compensation, it should be for all.

There isn't going to be any compensation by the way.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,417 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, Shuffle, you don't.

You still have all the things you bought. Nothing in the contract specifies that you get to play with your toys when you want. The game is up when it's not down, and that's all anyone ever was guaranteed, even the Golds.

Besides, as I've pointed out elsewhere, Earth is a sphere - downtime's going to be inconvenient for somebody, why should you be immune?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see a lot of people that think Cryptic doesn't owe us anything and we should be grateful they even allow us to log into the game. Frankly, I find this very sad.

We don't owe Cryptic anything, they want us to play their game. As long as Cryptic want people to play their game, those people have a right to gripe about what they feel are issues important to them. This is a necessary part of the process because if people didn't complain and just disappeared (like some would suggest they do), nobody would ever know what was wrong with the game and why it lost players. This is important to the game actually staying alive, whether you like it or not. Covering your ears and telling complainers to go away doesn't solve anything except to cleanse your little bubble of happiness where everything's okay. Also, I hate to break it to some people, but just because the game is free* doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticize it.

The fact remains that since LoR this game has had nearly daily "Emergency Maintenance", which frankly I can't ever recall happening in an mmo launch.

The OP is certainly well within rights to suggest he's tired of the constant downtimes with nothing more than "Thank you for your support" written at the top of the forums.

Some people only go on these forums to harass unhappy people, sadly. Sad little hateful trolls.

I for one think, like you, that this is a service and we are allowed to complain. Without being harassed by other posters for no apparent reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • Options
    kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you put as much money as you claim OP:

Thank you for my Romulan faction I have been waiting for it for YEARS!
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Entitled much?

ARR ARR ARR! I R IMPORTANT CUSTOMAR! I SPENT MONAY! THIS MAKES ME AM BE IMPORTANTS! MASSAGE MY FEETS! ANOINT MY LOINS WITH FINEST FRAGRANT OILS!

I wonder if you act this way in stores. Nah, of course you don't, because people would hit you. Besides, aren't there craploads of rewards for veterans, subs and lifers?

This ^^^^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013

ANOINT MY LOINS WITH FINEST FRAGRANT OILS!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time :D I think I might just make it my sig:cool: